• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Defining moments in your rave life

Turbo Boy - Thank you for reminding me of TRADE and definitely of WET Musik - I think i must have sat on both your shoulders and Big Trancer's during TRADE... I must say I agree with Big Trancer's comments that the krew we go partying with (and that includes you Turbo Boy)is wonderful and I have had some very special times partying with you all
TC
smile.gif

Awsome post BT!...
smile.gif

*hands out minties* wish we all have many more moments like that.

Well i got to say earth core last year. Me just going sick on the lovely CK's just the smiles i was geting from everyone and the music was just so well no words can discribe
the energy it gave me.
smile.gif

best night ever
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

if anyone wants to no more icq me or ill tell u when i see u
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"TO FAIL TO PREPARE IS TO PREPARE TO FAIL"
[This message has been edited by Kitters (edited 04 August 2000).]
[This message has been edited by Kitters (edited 04 August 2000).]

Defining my moments of rave life...My first rave, my first pill, at eruption, smoking joints, pulling bongs, crackin pipes, loving everyone and everything so much...waking up the next morning with a whole new outlook on life.
Also at every picture, going outside, smoking a huge newly rolled blunt and then going back inside and me peaking my nuts off and this canadian guy coming up to me wanting a photo of me with all his canadian friends in the back ground...he was the biggest fuckin sweety and I wish I could get in contact with him...
------------------
<<*plur4eva*>>
"*LOVE like you've never been hurt, WORK like you don't need the money and DANCE like NOBODY'S watching!*"

Wow so many defining moments it always seems that just when I am thinking 'Maybe I'm too old and over this rave caper' I go out and have one of those times.
Ok here is a list of the moments that stick in my mind(sorry there are a few)
1.Magic Roundabout Sydney 92: its about 6 in the morning the sun is just poking over the horizon and all of a sudden the music stops, there is brief pause and over the system comes the vocal 'Its a new day,its a brand new day' which all you oldies will recognise as the beginning to Primal Screams Come Together and yes the crowd did .
2.Spiral Tribe, Halloween London 92: Hear a brief message on a pirate ragio station 'spiral tribe Ladbrook grove' jump in a cab and find 3000 nutters going hard in a park in the middle of London and the biggest drug supermarket I've ever seen, the police across the road powerless to do anything.
3. Aphex twin Club Knowledge London 93: at the bar totally nutted when I look besides me and Mike Edwards(lead singer of early 90s techno rock fusion group Jesus Jones) is there also nutted, we exchange smiles then all of a sudden the most intense hoover type rift comes over the PA, we both bolt for the dancefloor trip over each other and end up on the floor giggling hugging messes.
4.Dahab Egypt 94. Off my head on a sand dune watching the sun rise over Saudi Arabia and I hear Age of Love for the first time.(mega goosebumps recalling this one)
5.Carl Cox club surreal Hobart 96. Having it large on top of a speaker and Carl drops in Fatboys 'everybody needs a 303' place (and me!) goes seriously ballistic.
6.Hardware 11(?) CJ Bolland 97. First party in Melbourne know no-one find my dancing position and dance like a nutter CJ plays the prophet i go insane look next to me and see my old flatmate from London who I haven't seen in 5 years going off next to me (of all the places to choose to dance and I choose that one!) I turn into a blubbering mess unable to comprehend the chances of that happening and find myself my Melbourne Rave Crew
smile.gif
7. Pure Flow 4 Luke Slater Melbourne 98: At the end of what I had decided was one of my best parties ever(first dance with Mr mitsubishi as well) I'm up an stage the sun is streaming through the large rainbow stained glass windows at the flower center and as an Encore the DJ drops Mystic Forces Clearlight when it ends I scream out "THERE IS NO PLACE ON EARTH I WOULD RATHER BE THAN HERE NOW,THIS IS WHY I DO WHAT I DO!! " and break down into the most amazing tears of joy I have ever wept.
8.EPTAS 17(?) 99: Jason Midro plays the most stunning anthem laden morning set, I'm up on stage and he plays the 12 minute Casper Pound remix of Two Full Moons and a Trout(sholud be compulsory encore track at all parties!) crowd goes mental and is so overcome with emotion they rush the DJ console and carry Jason up onto the stage on their shoulders to an amazing ovation.
That was fun, thanks for giving me the chance to relive those memories with you( serious attacks of goosebumps after goosebumps).
Heres to many more moments to add in the future and all the other numerous moments I've had over the years!
------------------
flip
[This message has been edited by flip (edited 03 August 2000).]

the one that would stand out the most for me is recently, at Mystic II, sydney...
although i'd had a shitty e, i was up there for Chester vs Matrix in the last hour. 6am, the music stops, and MC Losty says "ok, thats it, time to go home". the crowd screams for more and he says "haha, you gotta be kidding, you know whats next!" and on comes Angels... Chester you damn legend
smile.gif

that song was unbelievable... i always love it when i hear it, but that time it just sent me over the top
smile.gif

take care all and i hope i can share more of these experiences with all of you
smile.gif

bigfoot dragon

oldskool: Helter Skelter 1994 Embassy Ballroom Perth.
everything a rave should be. Good drugs, great company and lots of, fucking excellent tunes, friendly venue (i fucken love Embassy Ballroom)
newskool: gatecrasher 2000 april. Metropolis Perth. I dunno if I'm ready to call it a rave, it wasn't really but I'm thinking the vibe and atmosphere there was very similar to oldskool raves, in a newskool way. Once again great company, fucking amazing venue, super speed/meth and other good drugs and excellent tunes. (I fucken love metropolis for events too)
------------------
ultimately, we just want to be happy

easter LOVE 1998, the first time i'd ever been in a room during a party and thought "i don't want anything else outside this room to exist".
danny T 98/99 NYE, the first time the need for sex on a pill become greater than the need for music ;-)
mobile home 99/00 NYE, the first time i really screamed without worrying who i was bothering..
2tribes march 00, my first party in melbourne.. and to anyone who was there, what more can i say? :)
------------------
..dangermouse..
.you've gotta lose it.
.to find it.

Peaking off my brain on the first CK's...laying back on the bouncy dancefloor at Universe 99 (Kryal)...listening to Adam Beyer and Gaetek drop their magic...grinning like an idiot...
Snorting copious amounts of coke off the white plastic tables at Welcome 2000...someone shouting "Happy New Year"...me raising my head and seeing fireworks going off...Jeff Mills playing the best set I've ever seen later on that night...
[This message has been edited by plastikman (edited 04 August 2000).]

Hey all,
Earthcore, Dec 1993.
That was the day I turned from a techno hating bogan into someone who's going to love the rest of their life
Barney
------------------
bush and doof go together like horse and hoof

NY2K - Olypmic Stadium
It was *my* night, fucking fantastic.

the first time .... Coalesce, Bow Rd, early 98 .... hmmmm the realisation that life from now on will never be the same
walking out of the Fridge early one Saturday morning a couple of months ago and realising that it was over and I was leaving London .... talk about a roller coaster of emotions
and lastly, does the world ever look better than when you emerge into the dawn?

Yep the world looks heaps better but fuck can't we look scarey!
smile.gif

------------------
flip
Don't fight it, feel it!

last NYE at welcome 2000....just before the stroke of midnight when orion and i heard the countdown and ran outside.....rushing off my nut on the best pill i have ever had (white apple)....remembering the actual moment when the clock ticked over and thinking of all the possibilities and experiences that lay ahead of me in life.....kissing the person i loved the most and being surrounded by my closest friends....then pushing madly through the crowd to get back inside the shed and hear CJ Bolland, one of my favourite DJ/producers start off his set with the Prophet, what a fucking mad track......this was not only the most defining moment of my rave experiences, but probably the best moment of my life thus far...something i will never forget my whole life....i was beyond happiness
smile.gif
smile.gif

being absolutely fuked of Acid at Hardware 16 (don't ask me why i took acid) and listening to Jeff Mills in my friends car which was parked in the car park......and picturing Jeff Mills coming out of the top of Colonial Stadium like he was god
smile.gif
it was sooo fun..........thanks Kiss90 FM for broadcasting Hardware 16 live!!!!! i will never forget it!
------------------
Bars.

Hmm... Dont know if anyone else is reading this (I am!)
Mine.....Saturday 22nd of Febuary, 1997 - The end of an Era, GLOBAL VILLAGE SHUT DOWN PARTY, Climbing those stairs in the outdoor courtyard section (A good 2 storeys up!) Looking out onto the crowd, (Peaking of my nut!) Bawling my eyes out wishing this place, my second home would never close. Very overcome with emotion.
One of the first Belfast parties in shed 14 and Will e Tell had the last set and for his encore i remember him playing AGE of Love, All the lights where shining a golden yellow and they opened up the big sliding doors of the shed and let the sunlight stream in! Another tearfull momment!!!
All my Earthcore parties i have been to, Nothing beats that very first ray of sunshine peaking thru the trees and the dust of many stomping people, the connection, love, joy i feel for myself, friends and fellow ravers..........As i said nothing compares.
Rhumba.
------------------
yeah i heard ya man, out tha corner of ma eye!

Space Frog, I can totally understand where you are coming from with the whole Welcome 2000 thing, I had the exact same feeling a few seconds before and after midnight, and yes when CJ Bolland played The Prophet I went sick. I just hope Welcome 2001 is half as good.
------------------
sniff it like an amylmal

The One Defining Moment!
Tribal '91 - Alexander wharehouse Sydney
Smaller Room upstairs ( very dodgy building )
Aroung 500 people going nuts from 10pm to mid afternoon the next day .The most amazing uplifting feeling I've ever had.. Long live the Old Skool...

One of the defining moments in my raving exprience would have to be Earthcore in February 1999.
I just remember rocking up in about six cars, two tree - hugging, hippy combi's with heaps of my friends and building a camp site beneath the trees in the Psy - trance area. We had to carry all our stuff up that long, dark, dirt road with only one torch. It was basically a few banana lounges, beanbags, cushions, and a huge inflatable mattress. Not too mention a few syphons, a whole heaps of bulbs, candles, sparklers, beer and champange, a massive collection of fruit, cakes and muffins, coffee flasks, everything you could possibly want or need for a night at Earthcore!
In the morning I crossed the bridge and walked up this verticle hill so I could sit on the top of and look down on to the dancefloor. I sat there with a few of my friends, candy - flipping off our heads and smoked spliffs while the sun came up. I had to slide down the steep hill on my ass to get back down! (That kicked my drugs in even harder, I might add!) I played around in the creek at the bottom of this hill for a while, and managed to get myself quite wet before going back to the dancefloor where I laid back on my banana lounge with a glass of champange in one hand and a spliff in the other observing all the people and feeling absolutely on top the world! I wrapped myself in my huge, fluffy zebra - print rug and danced in the Psy trance area. Then, when all the areas stopped playing music except for one, everyone crowded to this area on the grass in the glorious sunshine. I remember they played Cowgirl by Underworld. We all sat there smoking more spliffs, eating fruit and dancing on the grass.
I was so emotional when it was time to leave, my friends and I all piled up in the cars with the music blaring and drove off. I remember looking out of the car window as we drove away at the trees, the sun and the mountains. Tears started to swell up in my eyes as I just had one of the best nights of my life and I didn't want it to finish.
*sigh*
smile.gif

------------------
"Out of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most." (Ozzy Osborne)