• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Defining moments in your rave life

Whoa folks, how many calls for each of our NY2K's!! seems like It was a special night for all! and guess what....me too!!!!
Mobile home, bondi, carl coxs!!! Gold CK's, fucking top night allround!! Any when they played that Danny T. better man remix, I still get tingles!!! Best fucking pills ever!! I can't say enough really!
------------------
"dance to the music, dance"
- Bob Marley

I'm moving this to the social forum - this forum will now be specifically dedicated to Raves/Meetups - pre and post discussion regarding these events. You will hate us for awhile but you'll grow to love the social forum
smile.gif

Peace
smile.gif

------------------
Careful with that axe Eugene....

The defining moment for me would have to be my first Earthcore! Feb 99 at Toolangi, rocking up with one friend, meeting so many wonderful people, catching up with so many friends and the incredible vibe, atmosphere, awesome lasers and the amazing smiles from everyone! The whole experience made me feel incredible and happy to be ALIVE!
Another moment which possible tops this is War of the Worlds 2- awesome party and vibe and getting to share all this with someone who has been so close to me my whole life and knowing from what we shared together that night,that nothing would ever be like that again for us.

well the defining moment in my raving life albeit fairly short so far, would have to be at Forbidden Freeland 2 when i think it was bertie bee, Robert Anythony, dropped Magnum force unlucky punk, Do you feel lucky! well do ya punk!
smile.gif
smile.gif
mwhahaha.
He timed the buildup perfectly with his little volume doodad (technical dj term), i remember hearing the song outside with a friend, we turned to each other, grinned, and ran in to see everyone going nuts. And talk about looking scary after a rave, I was covered in dirt from head to toe after that one and could hardly recognise myself in the mirror, gotta love a dirty squat doof
smile.gif

second best experience was probably at wet 003 when the rave scene was played from Blade up on the big screen, talk about freaky shit im just glad i wasnt on anything mildy resembling a psychadelic when the blood was falling down from the roof, just would have been to much...

~a fair few defining moments and memories, but i'll only post like 2 here......
nye morning, on a cK, me and a friend got on the ferris wheel for some fun... as the wheel turned around, i looked over the horizon, and the sun was about to rise. first sunrise of the millenium, i saw it with one of my best friends on a freaking ferriss wheel we had scammed our way to the front of the line, so yeah.. very cool
smile.gif

jungle bizness, actually, most of this party, was unlike anything ever before
smile.gif

ganesha, the second site in the morning, mescaline and pink butterfly, i was convinced i was the universe, and had that beautiful knowledge that no matter whatever happened in life, at the end of it all, i will look back, and know it all worked out, simply because i deserve no less. now THAT certainly changed my world
wink.gif

i am. i do. i be.
peace out
xox wiSdoMiKaL

This'll be hard. Firstly Flip and Space Frog i hate you both because i believe that seeing the Prophet live would top anything in my life thus far...COME WITH ME!!!
Anyway, defining mooments i have a few. Please bare with me, you know how good it is telling people this stuff.
1. War of the Worlds 002 -> First rave first pill. Stepping into the main room for my first glimpse of a rave. There were some heavily industrial banging sounds pumping and i just see hundreds of people doofing harder than i'd ever seen... The best moment of my life.
2. Again at WOTW -> Running down the corridor that leads to the other room (to see sonic animation) it's normally basketball courts (i used to play there...TRIP) Running and my mate points to a pole and goes BBYYYYCCCCEPPPPERRRR (the tag) Once in the room my pill hits and the wide pan laser comes on i looks like the sky is falling.
3. Fuck WOTW again (this was a BBBIIGG night). Buying glowsticks and i hear Chris Liberator playing Magnum Force. Abandon the glowstick shop and start doofing harder than ever. The dude yells back at me. After about probly 2 minutes i go and get the sticks in time for the buildup. I can only say that i did feel lucky. Orlando Voorn was fucking amazing too, everytime i listen to the WOTW cd i get goosebumps. If you were there that night you can listen to the livesets at www.raves.net.au
4. Not defining but amazing. Day rave at RMIT. Dunno the DJ, it was only 11pm, but i'd had a studio 54 and wasn't really getting into it. I was actually feeling sleepy. So i decided to ddo some ear damage and sit aginst the speaker. The music stops and i'm all like WTF!!?? The DJ goes "this is the last song" So i get up cos i know it will be good. BORN SLIPPY!!!! Everyone in the entire place gets up and its all serene and calm but the split second the bass kicks is probly my favourite rave experionce ever. Hardest crowd doof i ever saw.
LAST ONE I SWEAR -> Offshore 2000 (white mitsi) NOFX announce on stage that they are ahving a pill and seeing sonic animation. Later on -> Sonic animations set i hear "This one's for the boys from NOFX" I scream like a madman, and yes i get weird looks. love lies bleeding what more needs to be said.
Sorry about the length... if anyone wants to talk e-mail me
[email protected]
------------------
"we were somewhere around barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugz began to take hold" Hunter S. Thompson

garry ablett in leopard skin hot pants @ Red Raw 98.
Yeah, it was sunlight by the time I had come to my senses - 2 musical notes in 15 minutes will do that to ya (dumb I know)...and we were just about to drag our arses to Freakazoid when I saw gazza....defining moment in my rave life cause then I knew that if gazza could get away with that kit on then I could get away with anything...

The Wedding Party (Trancendance Crew Doof)
1. First outdoor Doof
2. First Outdoor party with my Girlfriend
3. Frist time on LSD
And it was half a Dr Hoffman 2000
We were both trippin till 10.30pm on Sunday!
Totally magical experience.
And lookin forward to it all again this weekend at Earthdance Sydney!
------------------
Vido.
http://nav.to/vidospace
"Dangerously Disorganised" Hunter S Thompson, from Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas.

goodness me! how old is this! trippeeeee...
ive been neglecting my laser. gots to visit it again soon.
smile.gif

Two defining moments:
1. Taking the second half of my first ever pill - original cK
wink.gif

2. My first psy-trance rave at PoW - Tranc.ition in May 2001 (Also my first night CaNdYfLiPpInG!
smile.gif
). Seeing Shingo going sick to the pulsating psy beats will forever stick in my mind, then seeing him dancing next to me to his own tunes was just too good. The visual set-up there was absolutely out of this world - wall-2-wall screens with the trippiest shite ever!
God I loved that night
wink.gif

------------------
I think of my life as a series of sketches; each one funnier than the last
[This message has been edited by cAmmAc (edited 03 July 2001).]

i tend to be thinking 'this is the best night of my life!' every time i go out, but i'll try to limit myself to 3 moments, in order:
3. cox and emerson @ home (without drugs of any kind)
- dancing to emerson and he drops freelance science-'can you feel the funk' (off his uruguay cd) and im thinking 'how good is this?', then he drops timo maas-'ubik (the dance)' right from the start, and as those fucking mad synth sweeps wash over and the bassline filters in im thinking 'how much is THIS gonna rock?'............ and then i remember who he's warming up for!
- later, during cox's set, i see an image thats burnt into my brain from now on: the home dancefloor entirely rammed and totally going off, everyone moving in unison. i think this was the point where i realised ill always love electronic music (in all its forms) and raves in general.
2. Sasha at mobile home (many, many drugs)
- walk in, thinking how great it is to be outside in australia in summer, and how hard the man like is gonna rock. declan plays barbarella as his last and then its sasha...
- dark ambient beginning and then the beat kicks in, as does the red hq and the next 2 hours passes like it was 15 minutes... one thing i do remember though is a girl in front of me saying 'man i love this music' and ynow i have to agree with her.
smile.gif

1. a plump night out @ the metro (some drugs)
- proper breaks fucking MADNESS. i have never seen a crowd more into it than there, and by the looks of it, neither had the plump one. seriously, dj and crowd, together as one...
- after a fuckin awesome set by mr. Rous i sigh and think its all over. how wrong. kenobi comes on and plays lee coombs 'future sound of retro' and i fucking LOSE IT.... and ive never found it since
smile.gif

sigh.... writing that has got me amped
smile.gif
good times
smile.gif

November 1992 Mount Disappointment. First ever Earthcore and I remember very fucken little about it, but it has since lead to me living not just exsisting.
------------------
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?"
"Well I have actually and it turns out that the devil is a real top bloke."

Now that I think about it..
Utopia @ the Superdome - may 5 2001.
It was my second rave and I remember sitting in the stand (of the main arena), having a break and just chilling. I felt so totaly connected with everyone there and at that moment I knew I'd found my thing, my niche. I was totaly straight at that point and it was just the most a w e s o m e feeling.
[This message has been edited by Mirage (edited 05 July 2001).]

Oooh Mirage, I so know what you mean!!
Utopia 8 was my third big party and it was soooooooo awesome.
I have so many happy memories from that night, the mixture of crowd was awesome and the everything just went 100% smoothly..
Won't ever forget utopia!!
smile.gif

Utopia 7, at Wonderland.
We went on the 'Pirate ship'. We being myself, my girlfriend, best mate and his girlfriend. Can you imagine shooting forward, hanging upside down, falling... A general sense of flying while looking out across a sea of ravers from all sorts of angles... And hearing the beats? Oh... I was peaking too
smile.gif

Since then, I broke up with that girlfriend and the best mate + his girlfriend don't want my company any more.
:\
But that 10 minutes of my life I'll carry to my grave.
------------------
wisest is he who knows that he does not know...

1st mega rave, 1st pill
december 2nd '99' AdventJah
da hool
bexta
sonic animation
went last year am going again this year
NEW years eve 2000/2001
astrofunk at manning house syd uni
i decided to go with some home grown
music and a close friend and of course Sonic Animation, pnau, friendly, endorphin, peewee ferris
and then getting invited back stage for drinks but being to mashed to attemp anything
------------------
"ill never try an E" quote from me june1999(and i didn't untill about 40 pills later)

defining moment would have to be my first pill.
"This peice of shit hasn't done anything.... oh hold on.. here we go... hey, lets go dance!"
------------------
the weather is peachy on planet muzby.
-----------------------
Well, thats my 2.2c worth (inc. GST). I'll be in the corner if anyone needs me....

The biggest defining moment in my raving career was about 20 minutes after taking my first pill, I said to myself "How fuckin awesome does this feel" and the rest is history.
------------------
Kandeman
"Computer games don't effect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."