• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television DeadWood

Giovi9

Ex-Bluelighter
I had watched the previews on hbo but thought it was going to be another "Carnivale" which i did not get into at all. I gave it a try after Sopranos tonight and within the first 10 mins your hooked! Its based in 1876 and deals with a new town just in the first stages of development next to some big goldmine which people are making tons of money on. Well theres killers,indians,cowboys,hookers,irish,wild bill & oh yea NO LAWS. The writing is very funny & witty yet dark dritty & a really old time honor feeling to it. What did u guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed it, but would not consider myself hooked. There definitely seems to be a lot of room for them to maneuver with plotlines and character development. I will wait until the second episode airs to cast full judgement on the show. So far, if it wasn't on after The Sopranos, I doubt I would go out of my way or make an effort to watch.

I enjoyed it as well. Although not hooked, I am curious to see where they go with it. I dont know the name of the actor who plays the guy who owns the taver/whorehouse, but I think he is great. He was in Sexy Beast and played a great role.

Saw the previews and thought it looked cool, but I thought the same thing of 'Carnival". Missed the first episode probably catch it sometime this week and report back.
P.S. The Sopranos is really good so far this season:)

I'm not hooked on it, I liked alot of the events that took place in the episode. I was hoping for a really hardcore town that didn't give a shit about anything when it came to violence, its close to that, however it's a little less dramatic than I wanted it to be. Or maybe the drama is there, I'm just not hooked on the show enough yet to experiance it first hand. I felt myself becoming excited as I started to watch it, but otherwise there wasn't much suspense. Also, I felt that the storyline was very hard to follow along. I know the just of it, I don't really know what to expect for next week... I probably will watch it again.

I'm in the minority, but I really enjoy this show. I'm a little annoyed that they're just going to do it again with Rome when that comes out, and I doubt it will be as good as Deadwood. Historical Drama is fun, but honestly 2 on one network? Seems a bit of a stretch.

Honestly, I watch this show for Ian McShanes character. I can't get enough fo Al Swearengen. The fight between him and Bullock was pretty good, and I figured we wouldn't get to see that for some time. It was unexpected but good. Bullock can't seem to take an insult very well. ;)

That show is really good. Al (thw whore-house owner) is a funny fuck.

did you guys see it when he got beat up? that was so fucking funny. =D

Deadwood is great, but nothing beats Carnivale.

Last edited:
I'm friends with David Milch's (the producer of Deadwood) son so watch it, um, all the time.

This son works on the set when he's on break from our school so I get to hear some of the really cool things about the background of the show and stuff.

He's made me really appreciate it more. :)

But all and all I agree stas, Carinvale is better.

Stasis said:
Deadwood is great, but nothing beats Carnivale.

We're in agreement there. I think Carnivale is the best show on tv right now. I was a fan during the first season, but even I was shocked by how much the tempo and intensity got ratcheted up in season two... shit, there oughta be a thread just for Carnivale.

As far as Deadwood goes, I like what I've seen, but its tough to get into these HBO dramas if you miss the beginning... I need to burn the first season and watch it sequentially.

Anyone else think that HBO is putting all the major networks to shame with their intelligent, daring, unconvential dramatic series?

Funny story, I was watching this with my parents on sunday and said that the the new season doesn't seem to be using "cocksucker" as much as the first. Well low and behold the second episode had more uses of cocksucker than any other. I also thought the swearengen/getting head monologue was great.

I think Carnivale tries to hard. Like it desperately wishes it was as significant as something really good like Twin Peaks, but it isn't.

I gave it 1/2 a season, and I still didn't like it. So I tried, honestly.

I only have one thing to say "Swegen!?"

Hopefully season 3 is just as strong as season 2, anyone know when the new season of Sopranos airs? Was that Mr. Straightrazor going over the bacony with the rope necktie at the end?

watched my first episode yesterday and im hooked. the advent of the dvd boxset and online dvd rental has turned my johnny-come-lately approach to movies and tv from a liability to an asset....

TV:Deadwood

All i gotta fucking say is this fucking show is the fucking shit. I watchin the fucking second season right fucking now. Any cocksuckers out there like this shit?

Amen brother! I loved this show, best acting and atmosphere of any show I've seen in years. Beats out Rome any day, imo.