Dabbling for good physical and mental health - tweeking advise needed

semper48

Bluelighter
I am 56 yrs old. Clean and sober 20 + years. Had a lot of different health problems. Take a few meds every day (had bypass surgery 5 yrs ago). Taken antidepressants for 15 yrs, recently discontinued and dabbling in steroids (instead of the anti depressants). Seems to be doing what I had hoped for. More energy, easy to get going to exercise and more chirpy. Cant really complain about results although they arent super obvious. A mellow general health booster is what I was going for after all. I went to a pharmacy here in Thailand and got Androgel (as intravenous test was out of stock). After a week on the gel (5 mg a day) the pharmacist supplied me with 5 mg Dianabol tabs, which I also take now. Not a terribly scientific way of starting on steroids, but not totally unsupervised either. Buddy of mine suggested Arimidex (keeps estrogen levels down), instead of the Dianabol. Anyway, I am just keeping to what I am doing for now, ask my pharmacist about the Arimidex and take it from there. Any suggestions (for tweeks)?

"Buddy of yours" said that because he took the shit and it shrunk his balls so he's finding cover

Test is intramuscular not intravenous...
Anyway, arimidex is alway a good idea, but such drugs make your cholesterol worse due to lowered estrogen, so using a SERM like nolvadex is better. It will prevent gyno without lowering estrogen.

^^nolva lowers igf levels and has some pretty profound side effects of its own (kind of a dick killer from what I read).

It sounds like your natural Testosterone levels are now pretty low, hence a TRT protocol would be ideal for you... 125mg Test-E or Test-C/week injected twice a week (half dose) for more stable blood concentrations.... By avoiding peaks in plasma levels you should negate the need for ancilliarys like Arimidex...

There is no need for Nolva or Arimidex when on a correctly applied TRT course.... Its only when doctors advise pinning once every 2/3 weeks with a higher dose that unnecessary issues arrise..

No need for arimidex at such a low dose, especially if it's twice a week. I've found that doing two shots a week as opposed to one, has cleared up my acne ( what little I had )
That's basically my only side.

Dianabol will put you in a good mood. But you'll need a higher dose than 5mg. It's not the same thing as arimidex though, so it won't be replaced by it. It'll increase your mood, give you better gains, and better pumps.

Yeah dividing the injections alleviates sides from larger single doses, and Animal is right Adex is an Ai D-bol is an AAS compound, the mood enhancement is a nice little bonus of dbol I love the way it makes you feel mentally.

There is no need for Nolva or Arimidex when on a correctly applied TRT course.... Its only when doctors advise pinning once every 2/3 weeks with a higher dose that unnecessary issues arrise.. GF is right on here man.

It sounds like your natural Testosterone levels are now pretty low, hence a TRT protocol would be ideal for you... 125mg Test-E or Test-C/week injected twice a week (half dose) for more stable blood concentrations.... By avoiding peaks in plasma levels you should negate the need for ancilliarys like Arimidex...

There is no need for Nolva or Arimidex when on a correctly applied TRT course.... Its only when doctors advise pinning once every 2/3 weeks with a higher dose that unnecessary issues arrise..
This is my feeling too, that my natural test levels are too low. I have been taking codeine meds for pain off and on for years (slipped disk & hip replacement) and I have seen reading here that opiate use can cause low test levels. I am just surprised my GP hasnt looked into my test levels, having prescribed fluoxetine and venlafaxine as antidepressants for 15 yrs now. I feel a helluvalot better with my test booster cream and Dianabol than with the antidepressants.
What I am understanding is that I am on quite a good mix (test and dianabol). Why fix something that aint broke, huh? I am at the age that (permanent) TRT is absolutely doable. to my mind.

Test is intramuscular not intravenous...
Anyway, arimidex is alway a good idea, but such drugs make your cholesterol worse due to lowered estrogen, so using a SERM like nolvadex is better. It will prevent gyno without lowering estrogen.
Intramuscular, right. Have to scientifically think about the arimidex (and nolvadex) for future.

Yeah dividing the injections alleviates sides from larger single doses, and Animal is right Adex is an Ai D-bol is an AAS compound, the mood enhancement is a nice little bonus of dbol I love the way it makes you feel mentally.

There is no need for Nolva or Arimidex when on a correctly applied TRT course.... Its only when doctors advise pinning once every 2/3 weeks with a higher dose that unnecessary issues arrise.. GF is right on here man.
The Arimidex was suggested as it supposedly good for keeping the body lean ´n strong? Need to keep myself in shape (have a wife 16 yrs younger). But the mood enhancing of the Dbol seems to be working for me (even at 5 mg). As I dont think I can take Dbol forever, Arimidex would be a good replacement when the time comes (giving me other benefits I am not getting now)?

No need for arimidex at such a low dose, especially if it's twice a week. I've found that doing two shots a week as opposed to one, has cleared up my acne ( what little I had )
That's basically my only side.

Dianabol will put you in a good mood. But you'll need a higher dose than 5mg. It's not the same thing as arimidex though, so it won't be replaced by it. It'll increase your mood, give you better gains, and better pumps.
If I feel good on 5 mg, 10 has to be even better, right? My alcoholic mind goes totally with this. I will give it a try, but I prejudge it to become a little bit "over" or too mood enhancing for me. But I will give it a try on a scientific basis. How long to take 10 mg to see the difference? Remember though, I am not looking for pumps and gains. Just overall wellbeing. Having the drive and energy to go out and exercise, without having a mayor inner battle everytime is a great change for me and all I am looking for.

Dbol, due to its hepatoxicity, is not a viable long term option. It will dsmage your liver if taken over a long period of time. Perhaps not at such s low dose, but I wouldn't risk it at that age. Also, do not drink while on dbol. It compounds the liver damage.

What you need for what you are looking for is 250mg of testosterone enanthate a week. That will be sufficient.

This is my feeling too, that my natural test levels are too low. I have been taking codeine meds for pain off and on for years (slipped disk & hip replacement) and I have seen reading here that opiate use can cause low test levels. I am just surprised my GP hasnt looked into my test levels, having prescribed fluoxetine and venlafaxine as antidepressants for 15 yrs now. I feel a helluvalot better with my test booster cream and Dianabol than with the antidepressants.
What I am understanding is that I am on quite a good mix (test and dianabol). Why fix something that aint broke, huh? I am at the age that (permanent) TRT is absolutely doable. to my mind.

Look up this increased incidence of cardiac events associated with test. All these guys getting it for no legit reason in the states, well everywhere!

[/B]

Look up this increased incidence of cardiac events associated with test. All these guys getting it for no legit reason in the states, well everywhere!

I googled the testosterone / cardio question. A lot of news about how test use has negative effects in that way. Some however say the opposite. But the "nay" sayers are in overwhelming numbers atm. The way I see it atm is that if test makes me more active and gets me exercising, it is a good chance it outweighs any negative side effects cardiovascularly. And the "bad" news is conflicting too. But smart moves are required, that is sure. Hence I am on this forum

If you're using low doses of test (up to 180mg per week) there's absolutely nothing to worry about.
It's when you start going above natural levels that issues arise. Like high LDL, low HDL, high BP...
LDL and HDL levels can be improved by keeping estrogen levels in the high-normal range.
BP can be lowered easily by donating blood.

This.

Why would a pharmacist prescribe dbol? Surely a try dose of 150 - 250mg e2w of test would be better?

Last edited:
This.

Why would a pharmacist prescribe dbol? Surely a try dose of 150 - 250mg pw of test would be better?

I had been advised to look into Anavar. Pharmacist didnt have it on stock, told me it could be in house in 2 days, but expensive. Dbol was a cheap alternative that would do nicely with the test. He was just answering to my whims (not really recommending anything). He was happy with me taking the Androgel and wasnt pushing anything else.

Dbol, due to its hepatoxicity, is not a viable long term option. It will dsmage your liver if taken over a long period of time. Perhaps not at such s low dose, but I wouldn't risk it at that age. Also, do not drink while on dbol. It compounds the liver damage.

What you need for what you are looking for is 250mg of testosterone enanthate a week. That will be sufficient.

There seems to be a lot of advise in the way of using biweekly test pins. I will have to think about that alternative first and foremost. Recon I will finish the Dbol I have and let that be the end of that little trial.

If I am feeling ok just using the Androgel, what do I gain from upping the dose to 180 (even though they are still low doses)? Well I guess I am not only using Androgel, but Dbol too. But am I upping the test to throw out the Dbol (only), or are there more benefits?

Your not drinking with that dbol are you? I seen you mentioned your alcoholic mind u don't know if that's present or past tense? Don't drink alcohol on dbol...