• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Crazy year for fantasy football

Definitely 2-0 in my one league and will have to wait for tonight's results to see if I'm 2-0 in my other league. The latter is going to be a really close one.
i'm down by 12 points and i have lesean mccoy, zack ertz and reggie wayne to go tonight...

how many points down are you gm and who do you (and your opponent) have playing tonight?

alasdair

fantasy is fucking heaven and hell.

i had four guys play in the morning: stafford; jordy nelson; delanie walker; and steve smith sr (what a game!) for 100 points. i was well up.

in the afternoon, maclin; mccoy and cordarelle patterson combined for just 14 points. then he starts demarco murray and asiata. now i'm in the hole 19 points and only have the NE D to play tonight. what a shitty way to lose...

#1 overall pick mccoy has been such a bust.

alasdair

3-1 in one league and 2-2 in another. Not the worst start I suppose. I got absolutely crushed in the latter league this week though.

i won 2 then lost 2 to be at 2-2. won this week thanks to picking up philly defense and phil dawson (who i dropped 2 weeks ago). also andre ellington finally showed up big time... i won by nearly 60 points :)

alasdair

Last edited:
should i trade lesean mccoy and emmanuel sanders to get demarco murray?

basically rolling dice on whether lesean mccoy will finally start producing and/or murray will get hurt.

if the broncos were not playing the jets and the cowboys not playing the seahawks this week, i'd probably just do this.

alasdair

that's my problem.

week 5 against st. louis would have been a great game to get started... maybe a matchup with a division rival who's starting to catch fire will get him going this week...

alasdair

i'm really loving my money league team so far, i'm the last undefeated team standing. it's a 12 team league with RB/WR + FLEX and a lot of bench players so it might not look as good as a 10 team league.

I feel like my team would be perfect if i could just find one more RB. DeAngelo Williams might be ok when he's back healthy but I'm hoping for someone better.

Antone Smith is a beast rated #11 at RB, but he's only gotten 4 touches a game at most so he's super risky to start. idk what the coaches are thinking he's clearly the best RB on the team, but if Steven Jackson were to get hurt (like he always does) he could totally dominate.

I got a claim in for Toby Gerhart but he's been playing like shit so there's a reason someone just dropped him.

Also just claimed Matt Prater yesterday because Parkey's got a bye week next week so i'm thinking ahead. He could possibly end up being more valuable than Parkey imo.

N5bdSjW.png

^ maclin, bryant and j thomas. pretty impressive. i don't like the tqb thing...
I feel like my team would be perfect if i could just find one more RB.
one of branden oliver, andre williams or ronnie hillman must be available in your league, no?

i wouldn't know what to do with 8 bench spots :)

alasdair

the person with rashad jennings had andre williams, and branden oliver was on someones bench surprisingly.

and i had a claim in for ronnie hillman but someone else got him.

panthers RBs are really taking up my bench slots, but i cant afford to drop a starting RB and stewart is supposed to be back before williams. probably gonna start antone smith and hope for another explosive play (it's been 4/5 games now) rather than put darrin reaves in and get another 3-4 points. if im able to get gerhart though reaves is the one i'll be dropping.

Brandon Oliver is sds main rb right now and he keeps playing like he has been it would be a good waiver pickup for 2 /3 rb

^ yep. i picked him up this week and will start him with confidence.

mike, 6 out of 8 bench spots for rb...

go get storm johnson!

alasdair

Some already got storm johnson. I'll never get a rb since I'm last on waiver because it goes by record