• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Crazy year for fantasy football

PhillipMcRevis

Bluelighter
This is my first year of fantasy football and I know how hectic it can get but who are you drafting is my question?
Who will be good an what are your recommendations? And help or tips or someone new to this? I love football and I know this will be a good season.

my draft is tomorrow.

my league is pretty quarterback crazy. i've had drew brees as my qb the last 2 years and he's been a consistent performer. this year, i'm going to focus on not picking a big name qb in the early rounds and try to focus on a solid rb one-two. i really like lesean mccoy so he'd probably be my #1 pick assuming i'm not picking last like most years :)

rb: last year i had eddie lacy and he was a backbone. love to get him again. i also had zac stacey who did great but not so hot on him this year. i'll be targeting forte, murray, ball then guys like vereen, ellington, bernard and martin.

wr: last year my stud wr was alshon jeffrey and larry fitzgerald had a great season for me too. this year there are so many wrs... i like all the usual suspects but am also interested in picking up keenan allen, percy harvin, patterson, sanders. couple of the rookies look intriguing and could produce early on. brandin cooks and jordan matthews, for example.

te: had jordan cameron last year. he's definitley on option this year. if i don't get graham or thomas, i'll gun for olsen, reed or ertz. maybe bennett in chicago.

def: i had the seahawks all last year and they outscored all but 3 of my offensive players over the season :) i'll probably go week to week this year but if could get a solid corp. like pathers, bengals or rams i'd be happy. tampa bay could be great too.

k: who cares but gostkowski would be great. i had dawson for the bulk of the season last year and he was great.

alasdair

My draft is on the 31st and Bree's has my full attention but the whole draft will be crazy and I have most of those players on my list so far. I will have additional help but for quarterbacks it's so tough to choose!

A bunch of people at my office take their fantasy very seriously, they wouldn't shut up about their fantasy leagues so i decided to have some fun. I would take a glance at their computers whenever I walked by and they weren't at their desk. If they had their draft open and it was their turn I took he liberty of picking random people for their team. They didn't see the humor in it but I had a good laugh and reminded them that it was just a silly game, that agitated them even more.

They will most likely get back at me soon. Last year they rearranged all of the keys on my keyboard but little did they know I don't look at the keys, but i'm sure they will be more clever this year.

That is my fantasy football experience so far this year

You don't mess with hardcore fantasy players they are in to gamble and win big money and I've had the same thing happen to where they just mess with you if you do one little thing to tick them off.

Watch out for Detroit this year, the division sucks and I think they're ready(and I'm a bears fan lol)
Qb-Matt stafford or Matt Ryan
Rb- I like Reggie bush to finally blow up, lots of receptions I think, I like marshawn lynch too
Wr- Calvin Johnson or Brandon Marshall
Denver's defense looks sick, lots of good adds
Te- gronks gonna be sick of course but I like Dennis pitta since it looks like they're gonna let flacco heave it this year.

Last edited:
A bunch of people at my office take their fantasy very seriously, they wouldn't shut up about their fantasy leagues so i decided to have some fun. I would take a glance at their computers whenever I walked by and they weren't at their desk. If they had their draft open and it was their turn I took he liberty of picking random people for their team. They didn't see the humor in it but I had a good laugh and reminded them that it was just a silly game, that agitated them even more.
nobody who takes fantasy football "very seriously" is doing their draft at work and leaving their machine unattended :)

alasdair

I never have any real plans of specific players to draft. It all depends on who goes before I pick. If I see a value I grab it.

I pick last again this year. :|

if i'm not in the top 2 or 3 i'd rather be last - back to back picks.

alasdair

Yeah same here. I usually wait to see what there's a run on(usually RBs) and then pick 2 of the best receivers or whatever back-to-back. I may not get a stud RB but my WR corps will be sick.

there are so many exciting prospects among wr this year...

having a stud wr can make a huge difference. in 2011, my running backs (ap, steven jackson, willis mcgahee) did ok but jordy nelson torched them - 1200 yards and 15 touchdowns.

last year, alshon jeffrey outscored all of my rb...

alasdair

My league this year is going to play two QBs each week. Makes drafting interesting but overall not sure if I like it.

We're finally adding a flex player. We used to just do 1 QB/2WR/2RB/D+ST/Coach/TE/K but people were whining they wanted to add a flex spot. Doesn't matter to me either way.

Not bad for a auto draft

95A7560B-354F-4555-8B7F-CB2FEE28E83B_zpsa6hiq6ex.png
oh and prater kicker and and stl def and hart line bn

Last edited:
draft last night. here's my team:

qb: matthew stafford
wr: jordy nelson
wr: cordarelle patterson
wr: emmanuel sanders
rb: lesean mccoy
rb: andre ellington
te: zach ertz
flex: fred jackson

k: phil dawson
def: new england

bn: rueben randle
bn: reggie wayne
bn: jeremy maclin
bn: steve smith sr.
bn: kenny stills
bn: pierre thomas
bn: andy dalton

pretty happy...

alasdair

Had one of my drafts last night. Pretty happy with my starters considering I picked dead last.

QB: Matt Ryan
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Randall Cobb
WR: Kenny Stills
RB: Ryan Matthews
RB: Frank Gore
TE: Jordan Cameron
D/ST: Rams
K: Phil Dawson

Also grabbed Carlos Hyde to handcuff Gore, which works out great because I like Hyde regardless of the handcuff bonus.

^ that's a pretty solid line-up, gm. who's on your bench?

if i'm not picking 1st or 2nd, i don't mind last place for the back to back picks...

i think 4th or 5th is probably best.

alasdair

QB: Carson Palmer
RB: Mark Ingram
RB: Bernard Pierce
WR: Doug Baldwin
WR: Andrew Hawkins
TE: Travis Kelce

My draft is on Sunday I'm still waiting so far on QB I'm kinda stuck but the RB's and WR's are easy as for bench I'm clueless and defense I'm like the Texans right now