• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Crazy year for fantasy football

Got my work league's draft tonight. Picking last so hopefully I don't get screwed!

Had last pick. Think my WRs are a bit weak but not terrible

QB Nick Foles
QB Matthew Stafford
RB Gio Bernard
WR Michael Crabtree
WR Julian Edelman
WR Emmanuel Sanders
Flex Reggie Bush
Def Cards
K Mason Crosby

2 QBs, no mandatory TE, one RB. Crazy lineup in this league.

2nd draft:

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Arian Foster
RB: Le'Veon Bell
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Michael Crabtree
TE: Cameron Jordon
FLEX: Frank Gore
D/ST: Bengals
K: Adam Vinitari
HC: Steelers

Bench:
QB: Jay Cutler
RB: Danny Woodhead
RB: Darren Mcfadden
WR: Mike Williams
WR: Brian Hartline

Surprisingly my draft cheat sheets(based on our league scoring) had the Bengals D ranked 1st so I grabbed am. I always check the vegas lines each week and use a head coach of a team that's favored by the most points. It was either the Steelers or Chicago, and we all know there's no way I'm taking Chicago when they're playing the Bills. =D

^ that's a weaker team than your other team, gm. who were your first three picks?

alasdair

Arian Foster, Le'Veon Bell, and Andre Johnson. My draft cheat sheets had some weird rankings but I stuck with it. I hope they didn't screw me up.

it sickens me but i'll be rooting for the chargers tonight... i'm down by 9 points and i have matt stafford left to play. my opponent has bell and the arizona d...

had steve smith sr. and jeremy maclin sitting on my bench this week. week 1 is tough to gauge.

alasdair

How exactly does HC figure into scoring, GM?

You get points for the HC winning. The larger the margin of victory the more points you get, up to a certain point.

Depending on tonight I may win in both my leagues. I have the head in both so as long as their last players don't have breakout games I should be 1-0 in both leagues.

Won in both my leagues in week 1. Matt Ryan absolutely crushed it for me in my big money league. =D

i still would have won but it so lame that a guy i picked up 2 days before season started got me 18 points, almost as much as a le'veon bell who was a beast
im talkin about matt bryant

GET RID OF KICKERS ALREADY
can't beleive only 2 other people in our 6th annual league agree that we should drop kickers or 'cap' their points at 10 max

it's so much easier for a kicker to kick a 50 yarder than it would be for a running back to break a 75 yard rush
yet both are 5 points

i got high of the week
howdy fuckin doody
luck
lev bell
gio berard
eman sanders
mich floyd
andrew hawkins
delanie walker
matt bryant
aleg ogletree
khalil mack
derrick johnson(IR), thinking of picking up sio moore

i like my reserves:
steve smith, robert woods, jerermy hill(will be bengals main guy by end of season, tryin hard to trade bernard), tbenny cunningham, ka'deem carey, lance moore, and, travis kelce, rod streater

Looks like the NFL and the player union is set to sign a deal on a new drug policy tonight and overturn or change some drug suspensions. I just grabbed Josh Gordon off waivers in both my leagues, you guys might want to do the same. Could turn out to be the steal of the year.

^ somebody in our league drafted him. 15th round, but still...

this week. start stafford or dalton? stafford came out huge last week but that matchup...

one of my mantras is "start your studs". but you have to play the matchup and they're at odds here.

alasdair

^ somebody in our league drafted him. 15th round, but still...

this week. start stafford or dalton? stafford came out huge last week but that matchup...

one of my mantras is "start your studs". but you have to play the matchup and they're at odds here.

alasdair

I'd start Dalton. The Falcons gave up the 4th most fantasy points to opposing QBs last season.