• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Crazy shit on ambien?

Its nothing unusual. Ambien is known to make people do REALLY weird things, sometimes without their knowledge of it (you black out sometimes)

lmao at this entire thread. they should take this shit off the market, or better yet, place opiates in teh same class as this stuff, since opiates seem to do a whole lot less harm. if im correct, zolpidem is schedule 3?

Schedule IV. I actually dont think it should be any more available than it already is (you can get it without a prescription with just google - and that is not a source =P just making a point)

I used to get wicked hallucinations on zolpidem... things even 300 mics of L wouldnt do, but then it just *stopped working*

Ambien is the fucking devil in pill form. Swim doesnt remember how much he had taken but this is what happened.

Swim was home by myself for a weekend and swims friend had brought swim his prescription of ambien pills, he said they made him to crazy shit and he didnt like it so he gave them to swim. Being the adventurer that swim is, swim crushed up three of them and up his nose they went.

The first thing swim remembers is while he was on the computer the instant message chat windows started coming off the computer screen towards him. Next swim remembers being in the bathroom starring at a pile of bath towels because he thought he was watching them talk to him. The last and final thing swim remembers was watching fireworks on the ceiling in his bedroom.

The next day swim deduced (from the condition of the house) the following things may have also happened:
Swim tried to make jello, jello mix being all over the stove, water all over the floor and a small pot of water on the stove
Swim attempted to shower and brush his teeth, toothbrush in the shampoo bottle in the shower and water everywhere.
Swim attempted to watch a movie, the video cable from his 360 hooked up to the tv and the dvd player on with a dvd in it.
Attempted to feed this cat, the cat food dish on his basement stairs and catfood everywhere but in the dish.
Finally there were more ambien gone from the bottle his friend gave him then he remembers initially taking, swims guesses he end up taking more that he doesnt remember

Swims guesses it wasnt that bad, at least nothing was physically broken or damaged things were just dirty.

i swear to god if you say swim again i will hunt down your ip and shove a bottle of ambien up your ass.

HardlyThere said:
Swim was home by myself .

rofl this kid deserves a fuckin medal. he was dumb enough to use swim and myself in the same sentence, therefore completely defeating the point of using it in the first place, not that there is a point.

IeatNorwegians said:
rofl this kid deserves a fuckin medal. he was dumb enough to use swim and myself in the same sentence, therefore completely defeating the point of using it in the first place, not that there is a point.

LMAO good catch. oooh swim, what do you have to say for yourself??;)

i guess i'll contribute.

i've only taken ambien a small couple of times, during opiate withdrawal, which it works wonders for, but i remember it not too vaguely. after it kicked in, i stayed completely under my covers for about 6 hours straight, with no light. I was imagining seeing things in complete darkness, because i figured that if i was in total darkness, i could create the world around me or something. eventually after 6 hours of this, i somehow started jacking off and i just skeeted all over myself and took a shower and fell asleep in the bath tub. water was off though.

wespwnzu said:
i guess i'll contribute.

i've only taken ambien a small couple of times, during opiate withdrawal, which it works wonders for, but i remember it not too vaguely. after it kicked in, i stayed completely under my covers for about 6 hours straight, with no light. I was imagining seeing things in complete darkness, because i figured that if i was in total darkness, i could create the world around me or something. eventually after 6 hours of this, i somehow started jacking off and i just skeeted all over myself and took a shower and fell asleep in the bath tub. water was off though.

Thanks for the account. What exactly is the crazy part? =D

my 1st post!

why the hell hasn't anyone mentioned H.S's NAPIEN trip yet? I swear the first few stories in this thread were so dead on like homie's trip, i thought you guys were all BSing!

I remember the first 4 or so times i took zolp. i got that wonderful sensation that things were just SO signifigant, spontaneous, remarkable blah blah blah
like the first 10 or so pot smoking revelations....

anyone with me here?

I've taken and snorted well over a hundred 10mg Ambiens within a 2-3 year time span.

Once I decided it would be a good idea to take some at school with my buddy. We blacked out and came to in the middle of the parking lot while we were having a pep rally. A principal was talking to us and asking us what we were doing just randomly sitting on the asphalt. The next thing I remember is going to the pep rally and seeing balloons fucking everywhere. I never found out if they were real or just a hallucination. Then we blacked out again and woke up 3 hours later and we were in Atlanta.

Another time I was just planning on going to sleep and somehow I ended up behind a car dealership waiting for someone to pick us up in the middle of the night.

I've also gotten lost trying to lay down in my bed and spent a while trying to figure out where I was.

Spent countless nights convinced that someone was right outside my house and about to break in my house, thank God I didn't go and get a gun.

I don't really remember anymore random things that I've done because of that drug, but I'm sure there's loads more.

IeatNorwegians said:
that was fucking great good spotting that

I mixed Valium and alcohol once, and when i woke up i realized that i did ate 6 ecstasy pills.

they were VERY RARE and STRONG pills that nobody's had seem in years, and i was saving them for a special occasion.

after that night i was so pissed of with myself that i almost hit myself like those guys in Fight Club. i mean i was this close to really do it.

benzos can pursuit your soul. that said.

william1985 said:
You know, I have actually heard of people IVing zolpidem. The one article I read says that it usually results in hallucinations. Is this the only benefit of IVing this drug?

i actually had hallucinations from snorting it too. i never got any recreational value out of taking it orally. the thing about IVing is that it just hits you and you instantly melt into... well whatever your mind decides to make you into.

i usually shoot up while in the bathroom, and once i melted into the toilet. i felt like i was the toilet lid and i was trying to keep myself from sliding off. in reality i was just slumped over and about to fall off and probably hurt my head.

but in answer to your question, my personal experience shows that the benefits to IVing rather than snorting are; no burn. the burn from snorting zolpidem is pretty harsh. hits in 5 seconds or less. shooting 10mg is like snorting 30mg so if you actually have to pay a lot for this stuff or something, you'll have more experiences.

the downside is if you IV, the whole trip will be over in about 5 minutes. though my last IV trip just seemed a little weird... 3 shots (2 5mg and 1 10mg) ended up putting me in some "zone" that lasted for hours. generally my other uses only lasted 5 minutes or less... but something "clicked" and it really messed my head up.

also, not only is it just generally frowned upon to IV pills... but no one has been able to say how safe it is to IV zolpidem. something about it containing titanium and micro crystalline cellulose as a suspension method. bad stuff.

but even with those benefits, i would advise not to IV. just thinking about my last experience makes me want to vomit. if you MUST experience it, make sure to wash off the coating first!

runduderun said:
I mixed Valium and alcohol once, and when i woke up i realized that i did ate 6 ecstasy pills....
....benzos can pursuit your soul. that said.

i'm not trying to be a jerk, that was an interesting story, but ambien isn't actually a benzodiazepine. it's considered "non-benzo" pharmaceutically...

Last edited:
Alcohol120 said:
i'm not trying to be a jerk, that was an interesting story, but ambien isn't actually a benzodiazepine. it's considered "non-benzo" pharmaceutically...

oh, sorry... my mistake, I thought it was Ativan

Ambian is the devil. I was perscribed the stuff to help me sleep. I started hearing stories in the news about weired things going on and thought wow these people must nuts and blameing their drugs. Boy was I wrong. I was pulled over at 4am for 60 in a 35 zone with a grocery bag full of chocolate pudding.
NO SHIT. I was soooo lucky to only have to have my girlfriend come and pick me up. My local cops were nice enough to move my car off the road and let me take my keys.
I am sticking to xanax now,and its a lot cheeper even with a script plan.

One time I put a package of cheese in the oven and didn't remember doing so on Ambien.

KStoner6tb said:
I guess my definition of 'abuse' is different than most. Taking the pill any other way than prescribed is technically abuse ie. crushing. Am I the only one who's taken the correct dose and actually just gone to sleep??
I was taking my pill as perscribed when I had my midnight run.

inkfreak74x9 said:
Ambian is the devil. I was perscribed the stuff to help me sleep. I started hearing stories in the news about weired things going on and thought wow these people must nuts and blameing their drugs. Boy was I wrong. I was pulled over at 4am for 60 in a 35 zone with a grocery bag full of chocolate pudding.
NO SHIT. I was soooo lucky to only have to have my girlfriend come and pick me up. My local cops were nice enough to move my car off the road and let me take my keys.
I am sticking to xanax now,and its a lot cheeper even with a script plan.

I was aware of doing crazy stuff WAY before the media started reporting on it. I wasn't surprised at all when I started hearing about it, I was still recovering from the withdrawls by then.

Here's a fun one, not even sure how I managed to remember half of it or if this is really the entire thing:

You remember that big east coast blackout in 2003? I'd been off Ambien for about 5-6 months at that point but had kept 1 or 2 "just in case" I couldn't sleep. The idea was if I took them without a reason I knew I still had a problem, and I made sure to check the bottle daily to make sure I hadn't taken them and forgotten. Well I took them during the blackout, because it was HOT as hell in NY and we had no AC since there was no power. I also tried to sleep in the basement where it was cooler.

Well around 2am I was hungry. So I decided to go drive up to the supermarket about 2 blocks away to get food. The thought that they wouldn't be open during the blackout did not occur to me. I also couldn't find my glasses or contacts, but I could find the keys to my mom's SUV. So I went out driving blind on streets with no lights in an unfamiliar vehicle with the size and handling of a drunken whale. I actually did manage to get to the supermarket and realized it was closed, and then managed to drive home and park, all while blind as a bat and without damaging the car or killing anyone. Not bad. Fortunately the cops must have been busy somewhere else.

But I was still hungry when I got home. I found some leftover hamburger helper in the fridge, so I figured I'd eat that. But it was cold. No power = no microwave (figured that out after pressing the buttons for a few minutes). But wait! We have a gas stove! So I go and throw the stuff in a pot, and put it on the burner. But it won't light. Eventually I figure out this is because it needs electricity. Hmm. But I just need fire to get it going. So with the gas still full on I go looking around for matches or a lighter. Eventually found some, and lit the damn thing, which of course went WHOOSH! as there was now gas everywhere. Managed to not burn my eyebrows off somehow. Eventually the stuff got warm, so I turned the gas off, and ate it, and burned my tongue. Then I must have gone back down to the basement to sleep.

Last edited: