• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Crazy shit on ambien?

IeatNorwegians

Bluelighter
last night i crushed up and ate 2 12.5 milligram extended release ambiens. when i woke up the next morning, i found i had done all sorts of crazy shit while high. i had pounded 2 liters of water, pissed all over the bathroom floor, picked up my laptop from the floor, brought is across the room onto my bed, surfed the net, deleted half the music on my pc, played my guitar, took the sheets of my bed, and got some food. has anyone had an experience like this? i know benzos (zolpidem in particular ) can cause anterograde amnesia, but its kinda disturbing that i literally dont remember a damn thing about the whole night.

I had a similar experience when i got a little crazy with some klonipins... everything short of pissing all over the floor. All of my bed clothes were on the couch.. The dog was locked in the bathroom with an entire bag of food cut open and all over the floor and a soup pot full of water.. all of my laundry was done, the house was spotless and there was a grill cheese in the vcr. im not kidding either, i know it sounds like im saying shit to be funny but it really happened.

believe me bro, i believe you. after how nuts last night was, anything seems real on this shit. and k pins dont suprise me. i dont take em anymore particularly because they make me do insane shit like that, although to a lesser degree. but i gota admit, i loled when i reat about the grilled cheese in the vcr. :)

zolpidem is ambien and its not a benzo its a non-benzodiazepine technically but yeah it could be one of those serious side effects like on the commercial "driving while not fully awake with no memory of the event" is driving while sleeping so i would lay off the abuse.

bro, i wasnt abusing em lol. i was just trying to catch a few zzz's. believe you me, i wouldnt take the time to abuse this shit. im a dope fiend myself. any forgive me your right, zolpidem is not a benzo, but if im correct it does bond to the benzo receptors, right?

Ambien doesn't do shit to me but knock me out. As efficient as melatonin, but with a deeper less comfortable sleep.

I can sniff 40 mgs but all I get is a light Euphoric push initially, then bedtime. Tried this last night after the 8th hour of a 100 ug dose of boss Lucy, and instead of potentiating the remaining acid, it dropped me like a bad habit.

I keep them for novelty, or when I can't sleep. I don't think their recreational, no more than DXM would be (I would prefer DXM anyday, and that's a tough one on the body, like once ever 2 months 300mg max dose with at least a benzo for the mindfuck acid is all I can stomach nowadays.

Ambien did this to me the entire time I took it (which was a long time resulting in a bad addiction). The longer you take it for, the worse the blackouts and memory loss get. It's cumulative. Plus it makes everything seem like a good idea at the time, so it's dangerous to take alone (especially if you have things like a car available to you).

IeatNorwegians said:
bro, i wasnt abusing em lol. i was just trying to catch a few zzz's. believe you me, i wouldnt take the time to abuse this shit. im a dope fiend myself. any forgive me your right, zolpidem is not a benzo, but if im correct it does bond to the benzo receptors, right?

Just take 5mg to catch z's.

I was prescribed Sonata years ago which is quite similar, zopiclone rather than zolpidem i believe, and I once did the same thing. I ended up blacking out, snorting all of the pills I had without rememebering them, and it took me an entire day to to come out of the fog.

I woke up hanging half way out my basement apt window playing with snow when my mother found me, dropped me off at work, where I had the worst morning of my life (still incoherant for the first 4 hours of work 7-11 am). But I was lucky because she understands and even brought me a sandwich to make me feel better.

Man that was years aga, that's nostalgia for ya'.

once when i took 2mg xanax sublingually(first and only time doing a benzo), i pretty much lost memory of the night. i didn't do anything crazy, but i ended up posting weird shit on bluelight, and telling this girl i don't like that i wanted to bang her.

grilled cheese in the vcr is epic!

Ambien is crazy. I can't believe that Dr.'s actually prescribe it.

I've had many a weird experience on it. Usually I decide that it's not helping me sleep so I decide to get up. That's when I make silly decisions. Last time I decided to take a bath, so why the hell shouldn't I wash my cloths at the same time. IN the bath. With me. So stupid. I woke up feeling disgusting after sitting in my own dirty bath water and the "washed" cloths were now dry and extremely crispy from the lack of a good rinse.

william1985 said:
once when i took 2mg xanax sublingually(first and only time doing a benzo), i pretty much lost memory of the night. i didn't do anything crazy, but i ended up posting weird shit on bluelight, and telling this girl i don't like that i wanted to bang her.

grilled cheese in the vcr is epic!

I've done the same on both xanax and sonata. Their one and the same, I hate benzo's with short half lives/black out side effects.

Valium, Klonopin, and Bromazepam ftw. Fuck Sleep aids, unless your sleepy. :\

lunanueva said:
Ambien is crazy. I can't believe that Dr.'s actually prescribe it.

I've had many a weird experience on it. Usually I decide that it's not helping me sleep so I decide to get up. That's when I make silly decisions. Last time I decided to take a bath, so why the hell shouldn't I wash my cloths at the same time. IN the bath. With me. So stupid. I woke up feeling disgusting after sitting in my own dirty bath water and the "washed" cloths were now dry and extremely crispy from the lack of a good rinse.

I'm sorry but that's a cute story so I lol'd.

Same thing happened to me when I got myself into an ordeal where I tried 1/3 of a blotter that I wasn't expecting to be active, whilst packing and dropping off laundry.

Then the fucker kicks in and my god the laundromat became my worst nightmare, bad planning on my part, but we had a good laugh once all was said and done. Your story reminded me so much of ours last night it's silly. ;)

IeatNorwegians said:
yes and me to the only time i take more than recommend dose of benzo or ambien is when im withdrawing or to add to the insert opiate im on at the time's high and yes they do bind to the benzo receptors i am also a dope fiend and dont like benzos or ambiens high tbh.

Ambien is a bad drug. A friend of mine once stole a truck due almost entirely to the influence of ambien. That same day he managed to wreck the stolen vehicle 3 times before setting it on fire, and then managed to wreck his own car into a ditch before finally losing his car keys somewhere inside walmart on a quest for munchies. When he finally made it back to his house he proceded to swing a dvd player by the chord bashing it into the concrete porch because it didn't seem to play CD's for techno music and glowsticking. He was a crazy guy, but ambien made him completely out of control. I just stay away from the stuff, its not much fun anyways

AcidKid said:
Ambien is a bad drug. A friend of mine once stole a truck due almost entirely to the influence of ambien. That same day he managed to wreck the stolen vehicle 3 times before setting it on fire, and then managed to wreck his own car into a ditch before finally losing his car keys somewhere inside walmart on a quest for munchies. When he finally made it back to his house he proceded to swing a dvd player by the chord bashing it into the concrete porch because it didn't seem to play CD's for techno music and glowsticking. He was a crazy guy, but ambien made him completely out of control. I just stay away from the stuff, its not much fun anyways

WOW 8o

I guess there are some people who should never become intoxicated, from ANYTHING!

I remember a similar experience with a DVD player. I was at a party, and only drinking was involved. This kid wanted to put something on, and it wouldn't play. He took it outside, where a bunch of people were, tied it to a tree branch, and started swinging an axe like crazy, almost hitting people. He did end up chopping the player into peices...lol. I was actually scared for my life that night.

I've only been scripted Ambien once, about 2 years ago and I'll never take it again. NEVER

The first night i took it all was ok, i slept wonderfully. But the second night-- good lord!

I woke up in the middle of the night and i thought my teddy bear was going to attack/murder me. Yea, I'm almost 37 and i have teddy bears on my bed lol.

I woke up and i swore to god it was about to lunge at me and start stabbing me. I started crying and saying "please don't kill me, please don't hurt me" And than i started throwing things at it and pleading with the innocent stuffed animal not to murder me.

Thankfully after about 20 minutes of pleading, crying and throwing things at it i realized i was hallucinating and it was the Ambien. I had just read an article about a month earlier on how people can hallucinate and do crazy shit while on Ambien. After 20 minutes my senses came back and reality came back.

But after i realized the bear wasn't going to kill me i still took all my teddy bears off the bed and stuck them into my closet LOL. And than i went back to sleep.

I woke up a few hours later and thought there was a huge spider in my bed, i got a shoe and kept swatting at nothing lol.

I can laugh about it now but at the time it was absolutely terrifying. I mean really terrifying. I literally thought my teddy bear was going to murder me.... it was so god damn real. I can still see the teddy bears face to this day.. how it was staring at me with an evil look and i swear it had a knife... i can even still see the knife in my mind, in my memory.

Isn't that crazy. I'll never take that stuff again. The next morning i flushed them. It was only a script for 20 so no big deal. And i didn't know anyone who would have wanted them.

Ugh.... i just got goosebumps recalling that night. It was like a horror movie. It could have been a lot worse. like that man who in the middle of the night got in his car and started driving and hit a woman and killed her. I never found out if he was convicted or not. When i saw his interview his case was pending and he was out on bail. He was on a TV show with his lawyer. But, i never heard a fallow up on what happened to him, if he went to jail and if he was convicted of murder, manslaughter, 2nd degree or what??? Does anyone remember, or know what the outcome was. I remember he said he didn't remember any of it and at the time of the interview still didn't remember a single moment of it all. I should google it and see what the outcome was.

There was also another case where a woman did the same thing only she didn't kill anyone, instead she was pulled over by the cops and arrested for DUI. She too never remembered any of it. The first thing she remembered was being handcuffed-- she was in her pajamas and housecoat/slippers. I don't know what the outcome of that case was either. Anyone know?

I think there have been a few other cases... some less severe cases of people doing outrageous things.

Why i remember my murderous teddy bear, i don't know. For all i know it was more than 20 minutes, i could have been pleading with the bear for hours and don't remember. But, all i recall is about 20 minutes of the traumatic experience and thank god i didn't go get in a car and drive to get away from the bear or something.

Isn't there a lot of lawsuits against the makers of Ambien for these type of things?

RPG

to willaim ^ made me lawl. i have a friend who "knife raves" when he gets drunk. at teh same time, its the funniest and most horrifing this you will ever see in your life. he gets wicked smashed, then grabs teh two largest knifes he can find ( very large, he is a knife collector ) and jumps around screaming and "raving" while making tiki-man motions with the knifes and stabbing the air and whatever is around him. i always lawl, but keep like 15 feet away from him.

i despise ambien now. i used to think it was a pretty fun recreational drug, slightly psychedelic when snorted and fucking crazy when IV'd.

then one night i decided to IV 20mg's of the stuff (zolpidem)... and was whacked the fuck out. i don't remember half of the night, i know at one point i woke my mother up who was visiting that night and asked her if she knew any of the people who were in the living room, she got kind of startled, got up, told me there was no one there and wrote me off as sleep walking after making me lie back down. it was ridiculous. i also called my girlfriend and told her that, and i quote "a snow white mermaid gave me my virginity back, and i'm going to lose it to her." my girlfriend got freaked because she could tell i was messed up on drugs, but i told her i just ate a bunch of star fruit.... which thanks to my INSANE luck, has actually been known to cause "mental distortion" if it's particularly strong (i had no knowledge of this before hand, i just named the most exotic fruit i could think of). ironically enough it took me hours to fall asleep... and now to even think about taking zolpidem makes me want to puke.

lmao at this entire thread. they should take this shit off the market, or better yet, place opiates in teh same class as this stuff, since opiates seem to do a whole lot less harm. if im correct, zolpidem is schedule 3?

Ambien is well known for causing people to do weird things and not remember them. It's been used successfully as a defense in several high profile cases. Hell, it even states it in their commercials.