• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Crack (Cocaine) in Australia

I need an interlock for the internets. Misspellings are easy to make

Oh, and if I offended you oldreds, please don't take it personally. I seem to have that effect on people on the interwebs after drinking.

Another thing I found while searching, is that this test is apparently just sodium carbonate, this was mentioned in some document I found about how legal these tests were. They are legal, but if you provide testing for another party, then you're both doing something illegal in most states. At least, that's what I remember anyway. So would anyone know how to make their own purity test, all I think I would need to know is how much sodium carbonate to use, then match that with the tests' colour indication to know if it's low or high purity.

I remember reading about making my own test in the past to test for certain opiods, but I think that was a mixture of not so common chemicals. Appartently this one is sold everywhere, even supermarkets as some kind of fabric softener or something. I'm trying to find the document I found last night in my history, but there's all kinds of interesting stuff that I forgot about reading there.

Last edited:
Yep, basuco and paco are the same thing. And it is literally the dregs left over in the solvents after cocaine production.

It is so cheap in Colombia (our smallest coin for a hit), it is sometimes put on joints that can be bought on the street. Pretty shit when you just want a smoke.
It was cheaper for a chunk/clump of this paco or whatever than a small amount of weed like the price of a Mcdonalds snow cone vs a junior burger, and that's for a tourist... Probably lucky I didn't get rolled in hindsight. Lol they wouldn't have gotten much besides some dirty sketchy clothes and a couple of dollars. I guess a lot of budget drug tourists must get around there?

As for crack in oz. My HR advice learn a 2 stage acid base extraction. Get 1 kg of dried coca leaf. Perform said hypothetical procedure and produce freebase cocaine ie the stage before it's cocaine HCL. Smoke and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Last edited:
^ 1kg dried leaf would produce how many grams of freebase do you think?

I need an interlock for the internets. Misspellings are easy to make

Oh, and if I offended you oldreds, please don't take it personally. I seem to have that effect on people on the interwebs after drinking.

Another thing I found while searching, is that this test is apparently just sodium carbonate, this was mentioned in some document I found about how legal these tests were. They are legal, but if you provide testing for another party, then you're both doing something illegal in most states. At least, that's what I remember anyway. So would anyone know how to make their own purity test, all I think I would need to know is how much sodium carbonate to use, then match that with the tests' colour indication to know if it's low or high purity.

I remember reading about making my own test in the past to test for certain opiods, but I think that was a mixture of not so common chemicals. Appartently this one is sold everywhere, even supermarkets as some kind of fabric softener or something. I'm trying to find the document I found last night in my history, but there's all kinds of interesting stuff that I forgot about reading there.

All good mate. You said nothin offensive. To be honest I don't get offended very easily.
Cheers for the extra advice to. Didn't know that about those tests regarding the legality of testing for others

Working of the theory that 1 gram leaf contains 5 mg cocaine approx x 1000 = x amount of cocaine so 5 or so grams of freebase maybe a tad more. If you then convert to cocaine HCL expect your yield to 1/2. This process takes a few days to complete and smells to high hell BTW. "Inca" tea is available in Oz. However it is in tea bag form and I believe the leaf or other preparations are a bit more naughty. Shit sells on Amazon.com (US) though for fuck sake although usually not in quantities greater than 250 grams or 1/2 gram coca flour. Now I go to my stool in the naughty corner for discussing sources etc...

All good oldreds, I'm not usually a short fused, single minded angry little man. It may appear that way if all you see is my is posts on this forum.

Thanks lovepsychs, I can't see myself ever bothering but I was curious about the difference in alkaloid percentage of dried coca leaves versus dried poppy pods for example. I expected 1kg to be less than a few grams, so I wasn't too far off.

Scored some coke from a new source last night. Saved a little bit to test with the vocable testing kit from ecstacy pill test.com
And according to the colour chart this stuff is around the 70-80% purity.
It didn't cost me a fortune either. Looks like I have found a rare type of dealer. One that I haven't had for over 10 years.
The kind I person that doesn't rip people off and does it for the love.

Here is a link to the picture of the test

http://img691.imageshack.us/i/egwk.jpg/

The coke had a nice shimmer through it, the gram was powder not rock
But in the light it had that pearl shimmer, very little numbing and no gittery feeling
No speed cut it and no cathinones (also tested with marquis and Mandelin)
I went to Brisbane 2 weeks ago and got some coke from there that was week as piss. Tested around 40% and had speed in it and costed more than this shit that I got last night in Melbourne.
Next lot I buy I'm gonna cook it to crack to try.

mate dont bother with the EZ test white, its not that good

not very much, about 10grams max of freebase cocaine.

converted into cocaine hcl bout 11 grams max, which then can produce about 30 grams of good quality cocaine hcl on the street.

opps i just read you wrote dried leaf, you dont want dried leaf it needs to be fresh

Last edited:
Talking from personal experience OND43X? 11 grams of cocaine HCL from 10 grams free base obviously not. 30 grams good quality coke on the street?? You do know what a 2 stage acid base extraction is and what the yields would be?? So you going to cut with 20 grams benzocaine? Hmmm. Thing is coca leaf loses a percentage of it's alkaloid content when dried however it's not khat you still have viable alkaloids present. There have been scientific studies that show 1 gram tea bags of DRIED coca leaf yield 5 mg cocaine HCL. My theoretical process that I "hypothetically" did yielded about 5 grams of cocaine freebase that was then "hypothetically" added to some weed and smoked. This thread sucks.

Are you talking from personal experience lovepsychadelics? hmm if your from the crime capital of australia you must, but is that the actual capital being western sydney or the plastic version the GC? lol...

I once heard that the best way to test purity of your cocaine hcl is to turn it back into freebase. but then about 10-11% needs to be added to the freebase weight due to stripping of the hcl, hydrochloride makes up about 11% of the molecule...

i calculated that around 8.5-10 grams so i gave a max figure of 10g for the freebase. then for the conversion from freebase to cocaine hcl (apparently) about 11% needs to be added, giving me 11 grams. Now thats 11 grams of PURE cocaine hcl, NO ONE gets pure cocaine unless they are purchasing from the first branch of the top of the tree, i guess you would no that.

now i said that it would then make about 30 grams of 'good' quality' street cocaine, and yes i believe thats true. 30 grams total weight makes it roughly 25-33% pure cocaine per gram. Now that when cocaine hcl entering australia is between (lets say) 70-85% pure hcl (the higher the % purity = the bigger the import amount), from there usually its distributed down to those who buy in kilo amounts, then they will sell to people buying in ounces - pound amounts.

Now from what i have heard the average cocaine dealer will sell his coke with the option of a cheaper 'cut' version and an 'uncut' expansive version, apparently the price can vary by a third or more. Depending how far up the cocaine tree a persons dealer is as well as were in australia the cocaine is bought will depend on purity and price(but we dont need to talk about price).

Good cocaine here could mean shitty coke over there and vise versa, thats why i couldnt understand how you got so worked up when i wrote 'good quality street cocaine. now take note that i used the word 'street', which is the stuff that is bought in gram or 8 ball amounts (the stuff right at the end of the tree). Please tell me as i am very intrigued as how you do not think a gram of cocaine that has actual cocaine purity of upto 33 or so percent is not what someone would call good?

In australia cocaine sold on the street would be about 20 - 40%, but it can range anywhere from 5 to 70% or even more. i dont understand how 25-33 or so percent wouldnt be good. I no you probably have had dealers say to you that their coke is in the 90's, they mostly are not just full of shit they are just clueless, they have been fed that themselfs and believe it so pass it on... perhaps next time do some research into the actual street purity levels in australia and around the globe before you post a comment, aye.

On your comment about 'how i would cut it with 20 grams of benzocaine well it doesnt matter what it would be cut with, its still upto 33% pure cocaine per gram and on the street that is a good amount. this thread sucks

Last edited:
Mods if I have gone into tek talk to much please remove this post.

OND43X 11% of what is added, HCL? Is that 11% volume of HCL to the total weight of the cocaine freebase? Cocaine has a molecular weight of 303.4 g/mol and HCL 36.46094 g/mol, in a perfect world the combined equal molecular weights of these substances yield a g/mol of 339.12 that of cocaine HCL. Hypothetically the equal molecular weight of HCL to the equal molecular weight of the cocaine freebase is dissolved into a polar aprotic solvent eg acetone and added to the non polar solvent containing the cocaine freebase causing cocaine HCL to precipitate from the solvent. So you are saying 1.1 grams of HCL to 10 grams cocaine is an equal molecular weight? A rough guess will result in lost material you need to be precise with your calculations.

Hypothetically: Your making a salt from a base. The base is solute in a non polar solvent (hydrocarbon eg.) Couple of methods can be used to turn the freebase cocaine into cocaine HCL none of which really "add" weight the catalyst reacts with the alkaloid and binds on a molecular level to create a denser substance hence a greater molecular weight. However if the ratio is not exact you will lose a fraction of the cocaine's "weight" when converting it especially if excessive amounts of acid are added (destroying some of the alkaloids) or not enough HCL is added (resulting in freebase cocaine remaining in the solvent).

From the first stage of the two stage acid base reaction a heap of impurities are left. This is then purified to form cocaine freebase. This reduces the volume of purified freebase cocaine compared to the starting material (pasta) especially when an oxidizing agent is added. Oxidization reduces weight as you react the product removing inorganic material and some of the other alkaloids present. So weight/volume of product is reduced during each step of the process including the eventual purification into cocaine HCL.

Have to agree with the sentiment about Australian cocaine sucking ass though. Sorry to come across as rude/blunt. I will add I would not call 33% cocaine good, I'd call it utter shit. Oh and your "freebase" method is crack. Crack is manufactured from cocaine HCl by one of two main methods: either microwaving a wet mixture with sodium bicarbonate (Bicarb 84.007 g mol) or by adding alkali to a hot saturated solution of cocaine and allowing the denser base to settle and solidify. A thought: your removing a material with a lower g/mol and replacing it with say bicarb which has a higher g/mol ratio. Hmmm? Wonder why crack is cheaper than cocaine HCl?

To convert cocaine back to freebase you would need to redissolve your coke HCL into a solvent, filter and then add an alkaline material to the filtered solvent in order to raise the PH. This would then cause the cocaine freebase to precipitate out of the polar solvent (eg. H20). This would then be filtered and the freebase cocaine obtained and dried. This would be redissolved in non polar solvent, filtered and then dried again. The reason? To remove any residual alkaline material and other impurities that may have been present in the aqueous solution or that may have transferred to the cocaine freebase. As an after thought when adding material such as sodium hydroxide or HCL it will inevitably destroy some of the alkaloids present even with agitation during the careful addition of the alkaline/acid catalyst. BTW just for fun sodium hydroxide is 39.997 g/mol and when reacted with HCL it produces salt as a byproduct.

I don't buy coke in Australia. Waste of money. I have traveled. Been to places other than western suburbs of Sydney. I also managed to do reasonably well in English class, same for chemistry.

Last edited:
mate dont bother with the EZ test white, its not that good
It wasn't the EZ test that I used it was the one from ecstasypilltest.com
The results looked darker than the high quality colour on the chart indicating a high quality Cocaine.
I have had coke a shit load of times over the last 10 or so years in Australia and it was good, probably the best I have ever had. I even gave bumps to Mayes that used to live over seas and they thought the same. Some of them
Thought I had imported it
Cos of how good it was.

A friend at work was telling me that a young girl she knows is hooked on 'crack'. Im sure this is the second time this person has told me young kids are using 'crack'. (She has kids in their late teens).

We are in WA and I know some people use the terms 'crack pipe, crack head' and even people who I am sure should know its generally meth call it crack.

I told my friend I would be almost certain its meth/ice.. But curious all the same. Aparently the user admited her problem to her mum.. Surely you wouldnt say you had a 'crack habit' if you were smoking meth (unless she doesn't even know the difference).

So please tell me, is there any chance it is actually crack? Is anyone hearing its available in Australia or Perth?

Yeah I would guess you are right, everyone I know or hear about is hooked on meth, not crack, even though as you said they sometimes call parts of it crack etc.

I once knew a guy ages ago before shards were everywhere in Aus and he told me he smoked crack a few times (Syd), I doubted it but I guess it's possible, but to be hooked on something means there is plenty of it around and we all know that's not the case with crack cocaine, we don't live in the US.

I think it's possible some people may at times make it from powder but from what I recall reading on here that is a waste, considering the price we pay and the general purity of cocaine here in Aus. I guess it is also possible that sometimes it is imported in rock form but I think we all would hear more about that if it was happening.

I highly doubt its crack cocaine because the costs would be unsustainable to the average person. Im not sure where I read it but I think dealers tried introducing crack cocaine in to the cross but it never took off due to cost.

@poledriver, Ive smoked crack in Australia 10-15 years ago and as recently as 6 months ago, I know of others who have as well, obviously we cooked up our own crack. Once again, due to the cost, the low quality of most street coke and duration of the hit, it isnt something that one could do often. I suppose most people do it just to see what all the fuss is all about.

Yeah mister I dont doubt that you have.

It's sort of interesting (to me) that hardly any seems to get imported to Aus on a large scale. Well I don't think I have heard of many large scale importations, it's pretty big in certain areas of the USA and UK yeah? And maybe Canada and other places too, so why not into Oz?

Of crack?
Because it isn't exported in freebase form.
It is stealthier (less bulky) and probably more profitable to smuggle as cocaine powder (hcl or whatever form it is in) - as well as the fact that "crack" has a stigma attached to it, whereas "doing lines" of coke is supposed to be a status thing or something.

And of course decent quality coke is too rare/pricey in Australia to be marketed as a different drug.
It sells itself....levamisole and all.

Last edited:
Yeah I guess I get that, but meth gets sent over in crystal form, surely if these big players wonted to they could organise for big amounts of crack to come over.

Big market for methamphetamine.
Kids in Australia wouldn't even know how to smoke freebase crack IMO.
Coke is seen as upmarket - crack...not so much.
Economics.