• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Counterfeit methadone? Fent?!

I'm getting confused by these colours. Red and orange and blue? Must be different makes in different countries then. I'm in the UK and the only methadone I've ever seen is very definitely GREEN.

Times are tough.
And will get tougher and we can expect more losses. Each day I feel more "desperation" on earth and this has never led to anything decent at anytime that I can recall... maybe post aftermath but will something be done to stop all the madness?
Babylon I say.

I don't mean to give you a hard time, but with the info on the label that's visible in your pictures, the person who sold you their carry (or who picked it up originally) could possibly be exposed. A complete stranger wouldn't be able to tell, but possibly a local from your area could, if they stumble upon this -- like someone who works or doses at the same clinic and knows the roster well enough to figure it out, or (God forbid) a local cop who is zealous and malicious enough to contact the clinic and "request" more info to fill in the blanks.
All the pictures are taken down and that was an own goal by whoever it was prescribed to. Who should have at least the good sense to remove the label if you wants to sell the bottle which you're supposed to return by the way. Sounds to me like this person may deserve to have their take-home privileges removed. Imagine if a teenager had bought that dose. And then drank it down or split it with a friend in half. In the first instance with zero tolerance and no EMTs you'd have one dead teenager... even half the dose could be lethal especially if they were taking something like Xanax too. Their deaths become statistics in the relatively rare fatal methadone overdoses in the US (compared to fentanyl and natural and semi synthetic opioids)

Taken altogether more people die every year from opioid overdose in the USA than died in the 12 year-long (US) Vietnam War. And doesn't get talked about at all.

Do you think this could be fent or some other dangerous analogue? I've never heard of counterfeit methadone.. but the fact that this was sold to me for only 10$ and they had many available and I was just cold copping in an open air (also they had some with red liquid) and how tightly controlled methadone is, either they robbed a clinic or...

But anyway two things. The expiry date as seen in the pic saying "202" instead of "2022", and how much liquid is in here from what I've seen of methadone in the past the bottle usually only is like 20% full at most.

I'll probably go chill at the Cafe in a hospital tomorrow and take this and spend a few hours there to make sure I'm safe.
methadone can be prescribed for pain , i have known people with scripts. but if its fake its fake... Did you find out what it was?

I can't take this shit
My face burns from the tears
So this is probably what killed Telepathic

Telepathic passed away October 25th

I was told it was the COVID vaccine but I bet anything it was whatever these pills were

Really heartbreaking to read. Just highlights the importance of HR websites such as this. But ultimately, we can't reach out and stop people from taking what they're gonna take. Maybe it was legitimate methadone and he just took too much for his tolerance. It does happen. Really fucking sad man.

Test kits and things of that nature are very important as well, and highly necessary in this day and age.

We need some sort of confirmation, before which Also it's premature to speculate about cause

Dang, I tried to advise him here as best I could. I've casually known this dude for a decade.

Who knows what actually happened. RIP man.

RIP.
Very sad. Reading this hit home for me. Reminds me of one of my best friends getting sold 500ml for £10 by a crackhead needing a fix. He was opiate tolerant but he'd never had methadone. He was told "you can sip it like oramorph" i told him NO DON'T and he said he'd had '2 swigs' and felt fine and told me he wouldn't have more. They found him dead in hotel room the next morning, he was like 23 years old ffs.
(he also had other drugs in his system, iirc it was morphine, oxycontin, xanax, valium and gabapentin... Which was a normal combo for him... Adding those '2 swigs' of methadone literally shut him down - i fucking told him man, no, methadone is what you take when you've taken NOTHING ELSE, the guy who sold it to him should have told him ffs, id still like to catch up with that cunt one day. I blame myself for not realizing what was going to happen when he said he'd had 2 swigs, but i didnt even know where he was, and i wasnt thinking 100% straight either id been awake for 3 days on a ket binge...if id had my head screwed on i would have asked what hotel he was at and alerted them or medical services... Ah hindsight you cunt. Ill shut up now sorry to ramble)
RIP TELEPATHIC AND THE REST OF THE FALLEN 🙏😢

We need some sort of confirmation, before which Also it's premature to speculate about cause
I agree... from the way it looked in pictures and the circumstances surrounding it (that he described), I thought it was likely a genuine carry from the clinic, with just a character cut off on the label. His test run of it, describing 2+ hours to onset etc., also makes it seem like methadone and not fentanyl.

If you could still easily order fentalogues from China and just dump a pinch back in your empty carry with some juice, then it would be more plausible, but I can think of a few reasons why it might be an unlikely occurrence in general and in this specific case....

Compared with heroin or oxycodone pills, the market for diverted methadone is passionate but not that large (especially with Suboxone diverted widely); it involves many more hassles to prepare all the fake bottles with local clinic (and patient/doctor) names for every city printed on legit-looking labels, etc.; and finally, fake-methadone sellers would have to pay for the product, while their real-methadone competitors are selling something they got for free (most likely).

RIP in any event.
---------
@jhjhsdi

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend in that way. Reading the list of drugs, I noticed the gabapentin in that mix right away. Of course methadone is already pretty bad from an overdose perspective compared to other opiates to begin with (AFAIK), but I really get the impression that the OD risk of gabapentin/pregabalin/etc. is not very well appreciated by users.

They don't have the bad rep that benzos or alcohol do, but many people are mixing 2 or all 3 of those categories together, and it doubles down on their OD potential with opiates. Plus the long duration (especially of gabapentin) and the lingering CNS depression can sneak up on someone -- especially someone who took some for withdrawals earlier in the day and then managed to cop.

Even knowing the risks, it's something I had to learn through experience, luckily short of an OD, when I took 300mg pregabalin one morning and thought I'd wait until long after it had worn off before I did my evening shot. I'd waited at least 10 hours since taking the pregabalin to do a light-normal shot of heroin, but as soon as I pushed down the plunger, 5 minutes disappeared from the clock and I found myself struggling to get upright off the bathroom floor.

Last edited: