• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Conversations with My Guardian Angels

sorry nina, its just that most people find delusional thinking dangerous and unhealthy so they are compelled to attempt to reason with you.

Ninae, this is the one thing you've posted here that actually worries me. Earlier you asked me which psychic skills I have, and as a partial answer, I can READ people. I'm getting a reading of the person you met in Oslo, and I see a dude with a RED aura. As for him being an Angel or an "old soul," he is definitely NEW. This is his first time here. That doesn't mean he doesn't have special abilities. One of his skills is to connect with kind-hearted people on an empathic level and lure them in to his life for good or evil.

I get the feeling that you see the potential for people to be good and respond to that. You see the good in people. But that can get you into dangerous situations if you don't balance it by reading their intent.

I also asked about a guy I met on the street and spent about an hour with once. Desperate sort of situation but I got that feeling from him of all people and places. The converation was on IM with no pauses so it was pretty spooky.

Here you can see I'm quite naive when it comes to real-life people and situations. I felt an instant connection to this guy, though. but I'm not always aware what I'm connected with or attracted to.

Jeg: can i ask about a guy i met in oslo who was very good to me?
he had a real angel energy about him, he interests me
angelchanneler.readings: yes please do ask about this man - how did you meet him?
Jeg: buying sleeping pills
i can show you a picture
angelchanneler.readings: ok please do
never met someone as compassionate in that scene
angelchanneler.readings: did you meet him on the street?
through a friend?
Jeg: and he's in a bad state, living in a hospice, addicted to drugs, and no money
through a girl i met on the street
can you tell me something about him?
been staying in touch
angelchanneler.readings: he is in a very bad place emotionally and is desperate for help
Jeg: yes i know
angelchanneler.readings: I felt nausea when I looked at his picture
it is very sad
Jeg: would like to help him and he's offered to help me
he also told me something very disturbing
angelchanneler.readings: he cannot help you Nina he does not know how
Jeg: he said he was contacted by a greek demon who introduced him to chaos magic when he was eleven
and finally escaped from that hell and found god at 22
and now his engagement has been broken off
angelchanneler.readings: that is not true Nina - not a demon
Jeg: what then
angelchanneler.readings: 'chaos magic' is just another term for misuse of metaphysical abilities
Jeg: ok
but is he an angel like i sensed
felt very angelic to me
angelchanneler.readings: he was an angel a long time ago
Jeg: really?
angelchanneler.readings: yes
Jeg: what happened?
so i was right
angelchanneler.readings: actually he was an angel in many lives
Jeg: but arent you always an angel
angelchanneler.readings: to be an angel is a calling
for most humans
Jeg: how can you stop being one
angelchanneler.readings: some people are created as angels but that does not mean that they remain angels if they do not feel comfortable with the responsibilites that come with the role of angel
Jeg: ok so he stopped being one
maybe that will happen to me
feel well on my way
dont feel comfortable with the responsibilities either
dont feel upto it
life is so hard on us
it ruins us as angels
angelchanneler.readings: many angels living lives across the Universe suffer with depression
but angels are not sent anywhere to suffer
Jeg: so do you have any advice to give him
angelchanneler.readings: they are sent to live happy and productive lives
Jeg: i feel sorrier for him than me
he seems very into religion and love now so maybe he wants to become one again
he told me he has an angel in his life to guide him and remind him to be humble and compassionate
angelchanneler.readings: Your friend has too many people filling his head with negative thoughts
Jeg: well he's a part of the daily drug scene in oslo
angelchanneler.readings: he needs a true friend, one with a pure heart and much compassion - most of all someone he can trust
Jeg: very bad environment
his past fiance didnt seem good for him either
angelchanneler.readings: no she was not - she enabled his behaviour
Jeg: she stole and cheated on him
but he really loved her
angelchanneler.readings: his angels' advice is to get out of this life in hell and seek proper help and rehabilitation
Jeg: ok i will tell him that
who are his guardian angels
angelchanneler.readings: Archangel Michael, Archangel Aria, and Archangel David
Jeg: powerful angels
i will tell him
was he an archangel?
angelchanneler.readings: he was in the past yes
Jeg: really
so he's that ancient
angelchanneler.readings: yes as are you
lol
Jeg: ok, now i get why i was so moved by him
we have a lot in common
i'm not living a life of an angel either
but not that much in common
he has a lot of love which attracted me
angelchanneler.readings: yes as do you have a lot of love - but not to each other
Jeg: as there are few to trust in that environment
angelchanneler.readings: he is like a child inside
Jeg: i am too
angelchanneler.readings: he would be all wrong for you
you are like an old soul inside
Jeg: my grandmother says if she will be 150 i still wont be grown up
angelchanneler.readings: your inner child longs to be free
i have some problems understanding reality
Jeg: by the way how many do i share gabriel with
millions?
i'm sure he has more important things to do
angelchanneler.readings: Gabriel replicates himself so he can help as many people as he can
Jeg: yes
angelchanneler.readings: and by the way he loves children
and he also loves music
and art
Jeg: me too
angelchanneler.readings: he wants to but he is having trouble getting through to you

hi
you can read that just by looking at someone answers without even looking at the person on a forum?
Ninae, this is the one thing you've posted here that actually worries me. Earlier you asked me which psychic skills I have, and as a partial answer, I can READ people. I'm getting a reading of the person you met in Oslo, and I see a dude with a RED aura. As for him being an Angel or an "old soul," he is definitely NEW. This is his first time here. That doesn't mean he doesn't have special abilities. One of his skills is to connect with kind-hearted people on an empathic level and lure them in to his life for good or evil.

I get the feeling that you see the potential for people to be good and respond to that. You see the good in people. But that can get you into dangerous situations if you don't balance it by reading their intent.

Look at the transcript I quoted. Then tell us what you think about the homeless dude in Oslo. In real life, I'm very good at this. I learned it as a survival skill. To me, it seems obvious from the transcript.
Edit: What I said is similar to what the online psychic did, except I didn't bring out Gabriel, Michael, Azrael, and company because my background isn't Christian or Jewish. But based on what Ninæ told us, I think we will agree the dude is Trouble. I think Ninae recognizes this.

Last edited:
One of his skills is to connect with kind-hearted people on an empathic level and lure them in to his life for good or evil.

Sounds about right. I had strong feelings for that guy and could really relate to him. It's a good example of how impulsive I can be when I'm more manic, and yes, it is dangerous.

But I tend to fall in love with people's good qualities and disregard the rest as I experience them so strongly. I also tend to expect the same from people that I or the ones I've been close to in my life would do. Because of course that is what is natural to me and what I've been conditioned to expect, but it doesn't always turn out that way. It's dangerous to live with that kind of consciousness in this world, but I never seem to learn.

I actually do some of the same myself as I naturally connect with people on an empathic level, because I am empathic. So people feel safe and close to me, and I'm not dangerous, but I can take advantage of people's trust in some ways.

Last edited:
^There doesn't need to be a sort of cosmic connection in romance; sometimes its simply human. :)

LOL. Yes, but how would you know? It always seems "just human" so even if there was a cosmic connection how would you normally know?

It seems you mean what is "human" is just being a biological body and being a cosmic being is something less real than that. But how do you know it's not the other way around, and you're an cosmic being living in a temporary human body, which is in a way or illusory and less real? That's how I tend to see it, and I don't see what makes that outlook any less realistic, it's more a matter of focus.

You seem to take more of an anti-spiritual view on many things and seem to feel you should be able to convince others to do the same as it's more realistic or intelligent, etc. But also keep in mind not everyone sees things in the same way as you. To you maybe the idea of a medium seems unbelievable but to many it can be just as real as the spiritual experiences you have had which are real to you. People have different experiences, and to someone else the spiritual experiences you have had might seem unreal, while the ones you haven't had might be more real to them.

This is some of the problem in policing a forum for spiritual ideas as it's such a vast field and most will only have limited experience with it and different people have different outlooks. Some might have had strong experiences with prayer and others might have had strong experiences with psychdelics, or vice versa, and it might be they can't understand each other. But isn't that some of the point or being exposed to different viewpoints in an area that is still so "unexplored" (it's not really, but officially it is). It seems like many want it streamlined to fit in with their own preferences or experiences but that kind of misses the point.

What someone chooses to believe in can also be more a way to support a certain lifestyle than a search for the truth. I can't really do it like that, or I want the truth more than anything so I can't really "choose" to believe in anything. I also welcome things that I don't want to hear or are hard for me to hear, as I gather the truth isn't always pleasent, and it's more conducive to my spiritual growth. Many of the things I believe in I didn't WANT to believe in but in the end I didn't have any choice as I can't keep fooling myself. A lot of the things I was told in these channelings wasn't what I wanted to hear, and was very hard to hear, but in hindsight it was the right thing to tell me.

Last edited:
People have different experiences, yes, but you can't expect not to be challenged about your beliefs here.
If you roam the streets, declaring that you're an angel, people will probably laugh.
This isn't church, and it isn't a support forum... nor is it a spirituality forum.

You seem to take more of an anti-spiritual view on many things and seem to feel you should be able to convince others to do the same as it's more realistic or intelligent, etc. But also keep in mind not everyone sees things in the same way as you.

Anti-spiritual people belong here just as much as pro-spiritual people.
And, in all fairness, what you're saying applies to you just as much as it does to willow.
You're not open to everything, either...

You appear to be suggesting that people are unfairly reacting to you.

But, why would that be?
There is no conspiracy.

It seems like many want it streamlined to fit in with their own preferences or experiences but that kind of misses the point.

The very fact that you think most people miss the point means that your version of the point of this forum is streamlined to fit in with your preferences or experiences... I mean, who are you to say what the point is? Maybe P&S has a different point, for different people... You know?

I know what you mean. Have experienced this same situation here. Every one's point of view should be taken in consideration or else this is only about one point of view.

You seem to deliberately be trying to misinterpret what I say. I just said people have different outlooks, so a board like this should allow for them all. I don't have a problem with anyone else's perspective, or with different perspectives being discussed, as long as someone aren't trying to outlaw the ones that aren't in line with their own. I just mean I have my own outlook, which is no less valid or "logical" than anyone else's, not even if it might be in the minority.

I get that you're dead-set against this medium thing but it's a personal experience and not really for you to say. If someone else told me about their own experience with something like that I wouldn't interefere with it, not really for me to say. Not everyone likes channeled material but I always have. The first spiritual material that spoke to me was some Theosophy inspired texts I came accross as a teenager that explained these things in a much more accesible way than traditional religion does. And I still like some of that stuff. In fact, that kind of channeled material is probably the most popular spiritual literature in the Western world and has been for a few decades now, so there's no real reason to make out I'm that strange.

The point I was trying to get accross to Willow is that you actually do need to be comfortable with other outlooks than you're own or it all becomes a bit pointless. Also what can you possibly learn if you're not exposed to other viewpoints than your own? I know that's how I have learned and how I will continue to learn, and I only seek to share some of my experiences so others might learn from me like I have from others. I don't really see what the problem is with that. It's just a pebble in a waterfall compared to all the things you can draw inspiration from and as good as much else. I'm not trying to bring people over to "my side" or put myself in opposition to those who don't see it my way, even if you insist on seeing it like that.

To give you one example of what I mean, on this board Christianity tends to be frowned upon while nature-inspired religions tend to be welcome, as some of the mods are more partial to that attitude. But so what, they could just as well have been orthodox Christians for all that it matters to everyone else who post here, and one religious outlook shoudnt't really be supported more than another for that reason. I know this is only human and no one can help being partial to their own personal preferences, but in the context of what is right for a community like this. To view it in perspective, there are probably much more people in the world who have had strong spiritual experiences from traditional prayer than psychedelic drugs, if you're going to judge it on what would resonate with the majority.

Not everyone believes in mediums or channeled material, I get it. And not everyone needs to believe in this in particular. I don't care if anyone does, it was only meant for inspiration to begin with, and I don't know why we can never move on from that argument or difference in perspective. But I'm not like many in that I don't have any feelings of loyalty or sentimental attachment to a particular belief-system, or feelings of hostility to the ones that are opposed to it (like christianity/paganism, new age/traditional religions). I just don't have it. I'm only interested in the truth, and as all belief-systems are a mixture of truth and untruth, that's all they mean to me. And I'm especially not interested in arguing with others who identify with beliefs they feel are opposed to to mine. What a waste of energy that could be spent to further your development.

Last edited:
What I'm saying is this: people's reactions to your threads are just as valid as the threads themselves.

I'm not like many

Yes, you are. The first time I encountered you on P&S, some months ago, you snapped at me because I didn't know what "energy" meant in the context you'd written it... You keep making these comments saying that you're not like the majority of this forum and that there's something wrong with the way the majority of this forum approaches spirituality... but, as far as I can see, you are no different...

The point I was trying to get accross to Willow is that you actually do need to be comfortable with other outlooks than you're own or it all becomes a bit pointless.

Maybe you need to be comfortable with the fact that Willow is (according to your perspective) not comfortable with certain other outlooks, as you are not comfortable with Willow's outlook?

(Comfortable is not the right word.)

Please try and make sense of the above statement.
You're doing something that you don't realize you are doing.

I just said I'm not like those who identify so much with a certain system of belief they feel hostile to others and those who identify with them, there's no need to take it out of context like that

And I'm no worse than many others who proclaim traditional religion isn't good enough for them, and channeled material isn't good enough for them, so I don't know what's good enough for them but it must be something pretty exclusive. While my experience has been that I can find some truth in all those things so I can defend them based on that. i.e. I might even defend organised religion because I see value in how it has brought the religious impulse and some spiritual truths to humanity, not because I agree with all the (political) crimes done in the name of religion, or I see it as two separate things.

Many also take that the wrong way, but I never said I don't get dragged into heated debates on this forum or sometimes like to take part in them like anyone else. I go through emotional ups and down and can snap when I lose my patience, but that's not what this is about and there's no need to make it so personal. I think you expect a bit much from other posters in that you want everyone to see things from your point of view, when there are many who don't even believe in a spiritual dimension to life and are a lot further away from your viewpoint (and it's a bit low to side with them just to have more to use against me).

But this was what I was trying to avoid in the first place and these kind of personal attacks aren't really allowed on this board. I wasn't making any personal attacks, just suggesting some things could be seen in a better way.

All I've been trying to do is defend my viewpoint and I don't think keeping insisting I'm mentally ill or intellectually inferior because of it is the right response.

Last edited:
I'm not interested in discussing mediums. That's not why I made this thread and it's a pointless discussion as far as I can see. Not to mention you would have to be in my shoes to have any way to judge if it was right or not.

I guess in your mind it makes sense that all of this was just fabricated, but from my point of view, someone being able to asnwear hundreds of questions that pertains to my personal life on the spot, in a way that makes sense and corresponds with reality every time, seems even more unlikely that way. If that makes more sense to you that's fine by me, but there's no need to make it sound like it's the blindingly obvious answear. And by this point I've been exposed to so many examples of extra-sensory perception skills, in myself and others, it's not much stranger than sensing through the usual sensory organs to me any more. I would say it's comparable to trying to share an experience of an encounter with God with someone who has never experienced it - no matter how real it might be to you they won't understand or believe it.

Anyway, I thought you'd understand as it's not so long since you were told you might as well leave this board as you don't really contribute anything, and I thought that was a bit unfair as it was more like you didn't contribute in the desired way. So I told you to stay and not let these things upset you so much as you seemed to be having a mini-breakdown. But I guess you have forgotten that now.

Last edited:
To avoid the same endless discussions with people

- either use BLOG
- your own little place in this subforum ( http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/723074-P-amp-S-Alternative-Theories-thread-v-orange-tang )

I suppose having one separate thread devoted to you is not enough? Why you need to start so many threads (all based on highly personal subjects). Do you see other people starting a new thread when they were reflecting a bit during the day? No. If you wish to be part of a community, respect the social conventions. No need to put yourself all the time in the center of attention. If you are really convinced that these musing "are of interest to some members," they will gladly follow either your BLOG or your own thread here.

I have not intention arguing about the content of your post. Just pointing out some of the social conventions.

I know, but like I've been trying to say I didn't want to get into any discussions. It was just an (unusual) experience/outlook to share and I wanted to leave it like that with everyone free to think what they liked about it. But people have been dragging me into discussions for 10 pages now, where I'm being asked to defend myself and reconsider again and again, and get offended when I say I don't want to discuss it.

I get everyone's point of view and it's fine by me. I just don't know why so many seem to expect they can change my mind or "win" the argument in some way when that's not what it's about. All I intended was to share something a bit different, for entertainment as much as anything, since I've read hundreds of accounts of descriptions of people's backgrounds and spiritual initiations, etc. which I always found very inspirering so I thought others might feel the same way. What I would have liked would have been for others to share similar stories or discuss some of the themes brought up in it.

And there was nothing more to it than that but everyone seems to take it as an offence in different ways. By now, I think I've had my fair share of criticism for it.

Last edited:
Hopefully that one guy whose only contribution to the thread is to insult people and tell them they're stupid has gone.

I'll share the one and only trance-channeler experience where someone else gave me a reading. I was 12 years old sitting alone at a café. An old woman sat at my table and started talking about channeling and giving psychic readings. She offered to give me a reading. I thought that stuff was fascinating so of course I wanted a reading. It would be free.

She looked me in the eyes and said she had the impression that I was an "old soul" and had probably lived many times before as a human. Even at 12 years, I realized that's what they tell everybody so I wasn't impressed. But then she looked even deeper and she seemed to notice something this time. She said I really didn't want to be here in this time and place born into the family I had been born into. I don't remember the details, but she said something went wrong at birth and I somehow got dragged into a birth circumstance I wasn't meant to be born into. If you know the Tibetan Book of the Dead, I got trapped in one of the Smokey Red Lights which represent the wombs of bad women. That is what unfavorable births look like from the Other Side. I was an abused child, and maybe she could see that in my face. I hadn't thought of it like that until she said so, but she was spot on. Then she went on to try to reassure me and said that reincarnation wasn't meant to be a lifetime of punishment for something you don't remember doing in a past life, because, when you punish somebody, you have to tell them what they did or else they won't learn anything. Otherwise, that would be mean. Instead, something went wrong and maybe things would get better after leaving home.

Last edited:
but a human life is really good. we are very lucky to be humans.
Hopefully that one guy whose only contribution to the thread is to insult people and tell them they're stupid has gone.

I'll share the one and only trance-channeler experience where someone else gave me a reading. I was 12 years old sitting alone at a café. An old woman sat at my table and started talking about channeling and giving psychic readings. She offered to give me a reading. I thought that stuff was fascinating so of course I wanted a reading. It would be free.

She looked me in the eyes and said she had the impression that I was an "old soul" and had probably lived many times before as a human. Even at 12 years, I realized that's what they tell everybody so I wasn't impressed. But then she looked even deeper and she seemed to notice something this time. She said I really didn't want to be here in this time and place born into the family I had been born into. I don't remember the details, but she said something went wrong at birth and I somehow got dragged into a birth circumstance I wasn't meant to be born into. If you know the Tibetan Book of the Dead, I got trapped in one of the Smokey Red Lights which represent the wombs of bad women. That is what unfavorable births look like from the Other Side. I was an abused child, and maybe she could see that in my face. I hadn't thought of it like that until she said so, but she was spot on. Then she went on to try to reassure me and said that reincarnation wasn't meant to be a lifetime of punishment for something you don't remember doing in a past life, because, when you punish somebody, you have to tell them what they did or else they won't learn anything. Otherwise, that would be mean. Instead, something went wrong and maybe things would get better after leaving home.

That sounds really sad, but it must have been a relief to get away. Unfortunately many kids do grow up in circumstances like that.

Something went wrong for me too so my life didn't turn out as successful as it was meant to have been. I don't think I was supposed to get mixed up with drugs etc. and to have reached or have lived at a higher state of consciousness. Still, it hasn't been for nothing as you learn things at lower states of consciousness you can't learn at higher ones (because life looks so different to you and you have other needs).

They usually say karma isn't about punishment but a form of energy balance, or an automatic result of our underlying unity, where you get back what you sent out to learn from it, etc. It still works out as a form of punishment in practice, though, in that you end up being punished for what you've done. There are also some who say there's no such thing and it's your choice what you want to experience, but you tend to want to what you will learn from so you might still choose to go through it.

LOL. Yes, but how would you know? It always seems "just human" so even if there was a cosmic connection how would you normally know?

You wrote:

"angelchanneler.readings: he would be all wrong for you
you are like an old soul inside"

You are taking advice from a virtual stranger about your lovelife who makes a statement negating your feelings. My point was that romance and connection doesn't need to be between old souls or dual fairies or whatever, it can be between 2 humans who are responding to their emotions.

It seems you mean what is "human" is just being a biological body and being a cosmic being is something less real than that. But how do you know it's not the other way around, and you're an cosmic being living in a temporary human body, which is in a way or illusory and less real? That's how I tend to see it, and I don't see what makes that outlook any less realistic, it's more a matter of focus.

Incorrect. My main point is that I do not believe that you are a cosmic being who has influence history and is playing a role in a cosmic war. I think you are as special and unique as everyone else. There's nothing wrong with you being a human either.

These cosmic beings seem powerless. They have no impact on my life, to such an extent that I question their existence. You can only use faith to reconcile their physical absence, and I don't value faith.

I think we are all cosmic beings. :)

You seem to take more of an anti-spiritual view on many things and seem to feel you should be able to convince others to do the same as it's more realistic or intelligent, etc. But also keep in mind not everyone sees things in the same way as you. To you maybe the idea of a medium seems unbelievable but to many it can be just as real as the spiritual experiences you have had which are real to you. People have different experiences, and to someone else the spiritual experiences you have had might seem unreal, while the ones you haven't had might be more real to them.

Are you saying that I am anti-spirituality because I don't believe in what you do? To quote you: "keep in mind not everyone sees things in the same way as you".

You must remember that you are the one who constantly fires back at those who question your statements by claiming to have been attacked and belittled. That's called passive aggression.

The point I was trying to get accross to Willow is that you actually do need to be comfortable with other outlooks than you're own or it all becomes a bit pointless. Also what can you possibly learn if you're not exposed to other viewpoints than your own? I know that's how I have learned and how I will continue to learn, and I only seek to share some of my experiences so others might learn from me like I have from others. I don't really see what the problem is with that. It's just a pebble in a waterfall compared to all the things you can draw inspiration from and as good as much else. I'm not trying to bring people over to "my side" or put myself in opposition to those who don't see it my way, even if you insist on seeing it like that.

I think you have stated that I am close-minded to others perspectives. :\ You are, as usual, mistaking scepticism for close-mindedness. In fact, I'm not trying to stifle your points of view, but discuss them with you. You are the one who does not wish to have this discussion as you repeatedly state. It would seem that it is you that is being dismissive of other peoples viewpoints, not me.

And I'm especially not interested in arguing with others who identify with beliefs they feel are opposed to to mine. What a waste of energy that could be spent to further your development.

You wasted a whole tirade against the very thing you then conclude your argument with. You are not interested in discussing this. You have made up your mind. That's fine, but please don't insist that I am doing that too. And do not think that I will stop questioning you just because it doesn't please you.

And to the contrary, these discussions are a positive way to further development. Questioning, debating, examining. How is that a bad thing to you?

Last edited:
I think you and others are taking some of these things a bit too seriously. It was meant more as a curiosity to share. I'm aware I stretch things a bit far sometimes, and wasn't really looking to change anyone's minds, I just tend to expect people will feel inspired by and appreciate the same things I do.

But now you kind of misunderstand what I'm trying to get to with this. I don't have anything against sceptics and don't mind anyone disagreeing with me, and don't know why you even would. So that's not what I'm talking about. I just mean to say it's not so effective as a SPIRITUAL forum for people, or to share ideas and excperiences for spiritual inspration and expansion this way. Especially if most threads end up mostly being attacked by sceptics, and descend into an argument so it ends up being closed and the point gets completely lost, as most are more interested in arguing or arguing for its own sake.

I know it's fine in the context of a board like this for everyone to speak their minds and question things, etc. that's what it's about. But as far as I can see, it might have been more productive as an inspiration for spiritual development if there was one board dedicated to exploring spiritual and religious themes in seriousness (and not spend so much time arguing about whether there even is such a thing) and one for philosophy in general where everyone can speak their mind about things.

It's not really that different from drug-discussion in that if we only had one board for people to discuss their opinions most of it would get lost in arguments between the pro and con side, and that's why there are rules in place to make sure this doesn't happen. I know it might not seem that way if suits your your personal attitude but it can be frustrating trying to make a point when there seems to be no way to. It's not that I'm upset that people argue with me, that would be pointless, and I don't have a hard time arguing my point of view, but I don't find it so satisfying in the long run, as I would ofen rather be having a more productive spiritual discussion. So it's not that I'm complaining that people don't agree with me and I have to argue for my viewpoint, it suits me quite fine, I just don't feel there's so much point to it apart from arguing well for my side, which gets boring.

Or I don't feel getting into conflicts, even if you can win, is that worthwile compared to sharing and educating each other in this area can be, at least not 100% of the time, and that we should at least manage to have some breaks from it. That is all I'm trying to say but it seems like a difficult point to make for some reason. I guess because people disagree with me so much of the time and they think I'm just complaining, but it's quite hopeless that people are so orientated towards conflict so much more than co-operation. It's actually starting to get on my nerves as it's so pervasive and it's like most don't even want a break from it. Now I'm sure someone are just going to look past the point and say "But it's also a sceptics board and people have just as much right to disagree with you as anyone else", but like I've been trying to say that's not what I'm talking about.

I know I tend to bring up some outlandish themes, and that can also be deliberate as I don't like spending all my time stating the obvious (I'm starting to realise there's not so much risk of that). But, to be fair, the majority of the threads I've made on this board have been more serious threads about spiritual development, they just sink fast as people aren't entertained by them or can't relate to them. I just made a thread about mystics texts and found some of the best examples, but no one are interested in discussiong that, and to be honest, there aren't so many who are interested in spiritual growth to that extent.

So it's like people only pay attention to and remember the more sensationalist ones and then say "Why do you always have to be so fringe?" Well, I don't, and just tend to share whatever's on my mind, and if it's something lesser known I might feel it's a good idea to introduce it to a wider audience. I think people are just making too much of things, and they also tend to focus on the worst, and it's not really necessary. I just try not to see things like that so I don't really understand it.

Last edited: