• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Comparison Subthread] Acid vs. Mushrooms

I live ohio too but i live near dayton. But the only thing really gotta say is Got Peyote???

Before i tried home grown shrooms, i would of agreed that acid was better. I recently tried home grown shrooms which were much more potent then the shrooms that we picked.I think shrooms are better then acid because you dont get that scared feeling that you'll never come out of it, you feel more happy and carefree. on the other hand acid does give you more energy and does last longer. the visuals on acid are somewhat different then shrooms. I would suggest only taking one hit and wait for the effects to come on because you may not feel like you need the second hit. last time i took a sugar cube and i thought it wasnt going to hit me so i took the other one and tripped really hard. the whole time i was thinking "i shouldnt of taken the second hit" just remember that with any drug, go in with the mind set that you are going to have fun and nothing bad is going to happen. good luck!

The key difference for me is the complexity of the mushroom experience. Acid makes everything feel a bit twisted and gives me some odd thoughts with minor visual distortions, but mushrooms make the floor ripple up in waves, trees lean over the roof and talk to me, make the sky go golden or purple, and make blueberry muffins race each other round the kitchen table.
I think where acid is a single note, mushrooms are a chord ;)

well im not a very experienced tripper (3 times with acid, twice with shrooms) but i agree with what that one dude said...acid is more drugish and chemical feeling, shrooms are much more natural in nature (errr ummm did that make any sense?)but it all depends on your taste...i like both, jus kinda depends on the what i feel like doing.

To me Acid and Mushrooms are equal...THEY ARE GREAT!!!!!

[ 19 February 2003: Message edited by: RuThLeSs ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Acid is to "The Matrix" as Psilocybin is to "Lord of the Rings"

Originally posted by THE WOOD:
Acid is to "The Matrix" as Psilocybin is to "Lord of the Rings"
I think the fact that two people have made the same comparison in this thread is quite interesting.
/goes off to watch LOTR and The Matrix again and think about it ;)

Hahahahaha no shit! I diddnt even see that int he original post. Odd.

acid gives me a stomach ache every time i do it. ive taken two hits 3-4 times and every time i just get a bad stomach ache and i cant enjoy the trip. it doesnt seem like im tripping on lsd, a lot more mild to me. ill say though that acid is a lot more headfuck and energetic, while shrooms just seems more chilled and just gives me that sensation that im melting into my chair. anyone know why acid effects me this way?
[ 20 February 2003: Message edited by: ngc_85 ]

Personal experience:
Mushies : wild rollercoaster ride,i love them , but they give stomach discomfort, like you ate too many pancakes. also i get extremely tired nearing the end of the trip and i am a bit "out of it" for the next 2 days. Recommended for outdoor experiences in gentle nature setting, not for fridaynight clubbing.... (well, maybe just a small hint of copelandia and mdma)
Acid: more like flying an F16 , definately masculine, get both horny body rushes from mushies and acid, but mushies feel like getting fucked and aciod feels like fucking, more speedy
I think that mushroom trips have some very magical moments that you don't ave in acid trip, but the mushies have more ups and downs bumpy ride, while the acid is more continuous...
Acid don't get me tired like mushies

I've only done Mushrooms once and Acid once...here are my opinions:
ACID:
Very clean, crisp and flowing trip. Everything seems very "perfect". The visuals are more crisp and clear and definetly more geometric. Your mind runs off on you a lot like you don't have control of your thoughts and emotions at some points.
MUSHROOMS:
Very organic random trip. Everything seems other worldy...like your on another planet. The visuals are more rounded and "fluffy". Everything in the mushroom world is alive and living, so in the sense everything is organic. Your mind is more at peace and centered during a shroom trip but if you let yourself drift off or you take a high dose your mind and run off into a scary or overwhelming place.
Final verdict: Both are fun. Mushrooms are less recreational, but more rewarding...while Acid is recreational, but a little intense at times (with the mind fuck).

Mushrooms are a lot less stimulating, but they create more of an emphaty feeling. They make things look like they're magical, amazingly beatifull. It feels very "natural" and gives me amazing visuals, very colorfull, but I don't like the way they make my body feel. I feel tired, heavy and too chilled with mushrooms. That's why I use to take them with MDMA. Mushrooms+MDMA is an amazing combo, and great for clubbing (just don't take alot more than 2 grams of cubensis if you're clubbing).
LSD (I haven't done any in years, although it's freely available) feels more chemical, it's very stimulating, both physical and psychologically. It used to make me feel very big in relation to other things, and it makes our mind think really really faster, I just couldn't "relax" and NOT have any word in my head for a microsecond. The visuals are diferent from shrooms, they are less intense (I needed a relatively large dose of acid in order to have decent visuals, unlike some other people) and less colorful. Shrooms make me see patterns, acid make me see things morphing, melting, etc., although colors are enhaced. Candyflipping is the best way to do acid in my opinion, take a relatively small dose of LSD and then drop the pill, the visuals are intensified and colored by the MDMA and the "forced positivism" keeps you from having a bad trip. (I'm considering giving acid a new try some day, but I'll have to candyflip).

i like both, jus kinda depends on the what i feel like doing.
That pretty much sums this argument up in my mind, it's way to hard to pick a favorite. It's all what I'm in the mood to do.

ive done lsd and shrooms many times, i like lsd more. i like its visuals more, the way of thinking more. i am using shrooms because i cant find lsd for the last 2 years :( never had a bad trip and i dont think i will have one. i saw people cryin with the doses of quarter stamps. lsd is my drug of choice for sure. lsd is like the father of mushrooms. with lsd my world completely change, it makes you realize everything you learn just not necessarily true. and i am dividing my life in two 2 pieces.
1- Before LSD
2- After LSD

I can't decide if I like shrooms more or acid.
However, I'd say shrooms for me seem more philosophical and spiritual more organic..
eatin shrooms isn't great but not that bad..
Shrooms make it really hard to move around
when im on it...
Acid is stimulating sharp speedy and very
euphoric for me..

Youll get visuals on both of them. Good acid is more cost effective, and lasts longer than shrooms. The shroom headfuck isnt nearly as intense as LSD, though the body buzz is definitely better for me. Get some acid while you can, cuz where I live, it seems only to come around once a year (so rare the motherfuckers were chargin 20 a hit, but that was all I needed cuz one hit felt like 4) Shit, send it to me if you dont like it. If anything, have an EXPERIENCED trip sitter with you on both drugs. Set and setting make up 75% of the trip.

BOGBUBBLE said:
ive never eaten slimy shroomz...but whatever. Ill tell you though, i like acid, cause you can always take 1 hit and still have a good time... whereas one gram of shroomz wont do shit to me.

what exactly do u mean have a good tyime whats the trip like off of one hit of a cid

I don't get why some of you guys feel like "animals" or "primal" or somehow de-evolutionized on mushrooms. Personally, psilocybin makes me feel like a demi-god, master of the elements! =)