Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 281. No improvements. Still zombie mode. No thoughts, emotions, drive, libido, and anhedonia. Want to give up hope. Doesn’t seem like the medication is ever going to wear off. Seems unreal. Everyone in my family is tired of me being in this situation. I don’t blame them. Just spoke with my therapist. She says if I don’t try to make any steps towards recovery I’m gonna find myself in the same situation. Only thing I can say is that I’ve been able to get some rest as of late(not much but still better than no sleep). Again I had five injections. I’ve heard recovery stories with people who had more injections recovering in less time. I wish I wasn’t still in this bad dream. 15 days until my birthday with no sign of improvement. I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve this. God knows I pray everyday about this but nothing has changed. This is a sad case. I just knew after 6 months I would be in a better place, unfortunately this wasn’t true smh.

I know exactly where you are.. im in the same expérience.. No libido,no thoughts,no émotions.. anhédonia.. i need to kill my psy Everyday.. but i have my familly i need to heal for this, i pray for heal for this, im scared about my future without her… keep hope my friend.. 5 Month and 3 weeks for me no improvements me too but i need to heal this is my only Opportunity.. i never live a life without emotion,libido etc.. impossible i prefer death.

I know exactly where you are.. im in the same expérience.. No libido,no thoughts,no émotions.. anhédonia.. i need to kill my psy Everyday.. but i have my familly i need to heal for this, i pray for heal for this, im scared about my future without her… keep hope my friend.. 5 Month and 3 weeks for me no improvements me too but i need to heal this is my only Opportunity.. i never live a life without emotion,libido etc.. impossible i prefer death.

I can guarantee anhédonia will go away for sure in my experience of been off Invega injections for well over 2 years. But there's no guarantee that the other symptoms will improve at all.

I will say - life and coping with the lost of these things will get better over time. I miss my old life too mate. But there's nothing I can do now to change it. I hope you recover aswell as others on this forum/ and around the world.

What’s up guys! Nearly 3 months since my last injection and I really felt like my condition was going worse a week or two ago.. I didn’t really feel that I wanna do anything else than to stay in bed for the days. So I decided to give mdma a shot. Got a nice little serotonin rush on the come-up but it didn’t last even near as long as preinvega. Also the crash was really bad and it only made everything worse. So, I then decided to try amphetamines and I can tell you that it made me feel a lot more alive, once again. Clear head and thoughts, got my libido back and hard, no anxiety, depression, just a feeling of pleasure. It’s not as strong of a feeling as it was preinvega but since I still have a nice bit of the poison in my system I can sure tell you guys that amphetamines really counter the anhedonia and feelings of not being alive/derealization.
Most likely anhedonia, high prolactin, fat gain, anxiety etc are all symptoms of having a dopamine deficiency. And paliperidone antagonizes d2 and d3 receptors pretty hard.
And yes, I do know amphs aren’t the most ideal drug to use after a psychosis but I really don’t give a flying f right now. For the past few months all I waited during the day was that I could just go to sleep again, but now I was up all night doing stuff. I’m probably going to sleep in like 6-8 hours and I’m planning on taking a few pills of quetiapine in order to get some sleep.
Hope you all are doing well! Stay strong no matter what.

You feel emotion and thoughts ? @dirtyinvega for me the definition of the anhedonia go away is find to feel emotions and thoughts.

Emotions - kinda but not really - Its really hard to explain. Thoughts - definitely no.

Anhedonia meaning to me is loving/enjoying the same things I used to like before Invega. That's definitely back to normal.

Don't worry about getting revenge on psychologist hes/she is just a grain of sand in the universe. I understand your angry I was too at the time just be kind to yourself. :)

If you haven't watched my video give it a watch. :)

Last edited:
@dirtyinvega
I believe someone already asked you this but how many injections did you have and is it possible the antidepressants hindered/stopped your recovery?
Anyways, I'm glad at least the ahnedonia passed for you.
I had 3 shots and 1 week of pills.
Only 2 months off myself with pretty much no improvement, as to be expected.
Maybe very minor improvements or I'm just getting used to being like this.

Your feeling is go back ton normal very nice, what is your difficulty for thoughts ?? you not have the système emotionnal of thoughts ?
when you did your feeling is return to normal same emotionnal for this hobbies ? you can smoke weed ? @dirtyinvega
You can feel emotion ? you can take a train of thoughts ? What do you feel of the taking amphetamins ? Pleasure ? @PhucInvega

Yes ok , but your feeling of pleasure is the same before invega for having your hobbies ? You can smoke weed and feel emotions ? @dirtyinvega
what yours feeling after you take a amphétamines ? feeling of pleasure ? you can feel emotions in hours of now ? @PhucInvega
Ps: Don't take quietapine, is a bullshit for sleep, take other or sleep naturally .. quietapine block serotonine and dopamine same of the invega …

@dirtyinvega
I believe someone already asked you this but how many injections did you have and is it possible the antidepressants hindered/stopped your recovery?
Anyways, I'm glad at least the ahnedonia passed for you.
I had 3 shots and 1 week of pills.
Only 2 months off myself with pretty much no improvement, as to be expected.
Maybe very minor improvements or I'm just getting used to being like this.

1 156mg loading dose 3 or 4 117mg. I dont remember 100%.

No I don't believe antidepressants hindered/stopped my recovery. I was taking antidepressants for years and years before Invega injections and none of them even at max dose did this to me. 100% Invega injection.

You could well be getting better/improving I dont know - you know your body better then anyone else. Maybe your getting used to the dull numb feeling it's hard to say at your stage of the recovery - You need to give it about 12-18 months to know if it's going to be permanent. I met a person at a mental health group a few weeks ago and hes been off invega for years and years and he still the got the dull numb feeling. I have met two people in the last 2 years that having the same problems as we are having on this forum. That why I say I don't believe any one has fully 100% recovered from Invega injections.

Last edited:
Yes ok , but your feeling of pleasure is the same before invega for having your hobbies ? You can smoke weed and feel emotions ? @dirtyinvega
what yours feeling after you take a amphétamines ? feeling of pleasure ? you can feel emotions in hours of now ? @PhucInvega
Ps: Don't take quietapine, is a bullshit for sleep, take other or sleep naturally .. quietapine block serotonine and dopamine same of the invega …

Yes my feeling of enjoyment of my hobbies is the same as before Invega injections. I dont know about weed I dont smoke it. I haven't for over 12 years. I still can't feel 100% Nicotine. I don't do drugs so I dont know mate.

I was on 900mg of Quietapine at one stage then I first was going though mental health problems 10 years ago and I didnt have any problems with the lost of emotions and thoughts and all the problems I got with the Invega injections. I do suffer mental health problems and been on lots of meds throughout my life but Invega Injections fucked my whole life upside down. It needs to be pulled from the market ASAP.

With so much that is not understood about the brain, we have so much information to pull together on the topic of anti-psychotic related drugs. I'm glad to see this thread has shifted a lot of the gears to show that there are maybe other issues at large here. Possibly it hasn't been expressed enough - medications like these are given away a little too liberally. The journeys to self improvement and self healing may seem vastly different at first; Time on Risperdal Consta and Invega is time that a lot of us wish we could shorten or escape free of with some wonder drug at our disposal to free us from that net. Without expressing too much that hard work and dedication is needed, maybe taking time to figure out what you want to do in the long run might make the time move faster - to whomever I say this.

I remember the slowest days were the ones I was not calculating just what was left to [both] get through Invega and move on, but the ones I spent tumultuously tossing my mind around trying to figure out if my thoughts were even capable of being brought to the surface. Express not through hatred and astonishment your frustrations of Invega and or Risperdal Consta, I found - eventually. People who have not gone through this will never understand. That is what compassion, empathy and love are for

600 mg once per day. Problem is if it doesn’t unblock the dopamine receptors then it’s working on supplementary pathways which I believe are weak in effect compared to the destructive effects of invega.
I read the recommended dose is 600mg TID(3× a day). We also ordered a 30 cellular detox. It was a little pricey but it's worth it to have my husband back.

I read the recommended dose is 600mg TID(3× a day). We also ordered a 30 cellular detox. It was a little pricey but it's worth it to have my husband back.
I ordered a 100 gram bag of NAC and I took 2 grams twice a day. Bag is now empty and I can tell you that personally I felt no difference. Neither with sarcosine.

I changed my psychiatrist today from public to private health care organization and she took me much more seriously than the pdoc I had before. I told her about all the shit this poison has done to me etc. I'm now hoping that she will write me a prescription for Vyvanse. I'm kinda sure that it will counter the worst effects of the poison because invega causes a dopamine deficiency in the brain by blocking the receptors and that is most likely why this "medicine" has so terrible side effects.

Some signs and symptoms of conditions related to a dopamine deficiency include:
  • muscle cramps, spasms, or tremors
  • aches and pains
  • stiffness in the muscles
  • loss of balance
  • constipation
  • difficulty eating and swallowing
  • weight loss or weight gain
  • gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
  • frequent pneumonia
  • trouble sleeping or disturbed sleep
  • low energy
  • an inability to focus
  • moving or speaking more slowly than usual
  • feeling fatigued
  • feeling demotivated
  • feeling inexplicably sad or tearful
  • mood swings
  • feeling hopeless
  • having low self-esteem
  • feeling guilt-ridden
  • feeling anxious
  • suicidal thoughts or thoughts of self-harm
  • low sex drive
  • hallucinations
  • delusions
  • lack of insight or self-awareness

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4737499/
"After intramuscular injection, there is initial slow dissolution because of low aqueous solubility followed by more rapid hydrolysis to paliperidone, which is then systemically absorbed, but drug release begins from day 1 and continues for up to 126 days"

According to that we're most likely screwed for the 126 days until the poison is fully absorbed from the muscle. And since it's fat-soluble the poison gets stored in the fat that everyone has gained because of the 5-ht2c antagonism and d2 receptor antagonism leading to high prolactin which results in weight gain but also low testosterone in men which also promotes weight gain. I almost feel like this is what it's supposed to be doing but I might be wrong here. The irreversible antagonism for the 5-ht7 receptors might just be the cause why it takes so long for people to recover from this since you have to wait for that type of receptors to grow back. I'm going to order some clozapine from the interwebs after around 130 days has passed since my last shot and I'll give it a try since that should release the wash-resistant antagonism. I just wonder what kind of a dose I have to take and for how long for that to happen.
Taking a sauna daily, lay in the sun and vigorous exercise are most likely the best things to do after the drug has completely absorbed from the injection site and spread thoroughly our bodies and stored in fat.

@PhucInvega i am using cyproheptadine for about 12 days now, it was mentioned in the same study for 5-ht7, but its not as powerful as clozapine. i think clozapine will do u good.

Status
Not open for further replies.