Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick update. The drug is completely out of my body and I am free of it for all eternity. It is gone, I am back to normal, everything came back to track, even my mind. I am alert, wise, once more. I am laughing, joking every single day. I have no side effects no more. Eat well, stay healthy, and use whatever means you can to hold on tight while it is getting out of the system. I thought I was going to die on Invega every single day, glad I made it.

A quick update. The drug is completely out of my body and I am free of it for all eternity. It is gone, I am back to normal, everything came back to track, even my mind. I am alert, wise, once more. I am laughing, joking every single day. I have no side effects no more. Eat well, stay healthy, and use whatever means you can to hold on tight while it is getting out of the system. I thought I was going to die on Invega every single day, glad I made it.
That's good to hear man! Congrats! How many shots did you get and how long has it been since your last shot?

Awesome another recovery story. Congrats and best wishes my friend!

You literally crossed my mind today when I was seriously contemplating suicide. I remembered your story and how you stated that you were completely back to normal at the end.

Very nice of you to drop back in and give us hope to keep going. Glad you’re past this nightmare and living life at the fullest!

That's good to hear man! Congrats! How many shots did you get and how long has it been since your last shot?
He had 6 shots and said he fully recovered and completely back to normal at 1 year 4 months off. Now he’s more than 2 years off.

I have an update and a couple of links to articles I found interesting. It's been a little over 7 months since my two shots of invega. My emotions are coming back, I'm starting to feel pretty human, after losing 15 of the 20 pounds I gained, my weight has stayed pretty stable. In fact, I've been pretty moody ever since I got on birth control, and at this moment I'm feeling kind of angry for no reason (I stopped taking it, but you know). I am in school, nearing the end of the semester in 18 days. I have awesome grades right now, around a 95%, a 97%, a 98%, a 96% and a 90%. However, I am feeling pretty stupid still. I am able to be much more disciplined, but I don't have much creativity, I think very slowly, and I don't often have flashes of insight like I used to. It was really frustrating that I got a 100% on the first test in a class and then got a 75% on the second one, and all my guy friends tried to rub it in my face that they did slightly better. I'm like, great! You did better than a poisoned female schizophrenic! Stick it to the man! My brain was just not working during that exam, and some of my cognitive weaknesses were exposed on one of the questions. I've just started exercising regularly, and I wonder if maybe some of the invega has been releasing into my bloodstream.

I've recently started reading the conflicts of interests at the bottom of studies about drugs. It is EXTREMELY difficult to find studies on antipsychotics where the authors have no financial ties to drug companies, and I have not found even one on paliperidone palmitate that was not funded by Janssen.

There's this whole spate of studies funded by drug companies that you'll see any time you search terms related to the effects of drugs, and if you are not checking the conflicts of interest and financial ties, they can seem like perfectly benign and legitimate studies. I think that a lot of nurses and doctors are fooled by the absolute DELUGE of drug company funded studies, because they just don't think to check where the funding came from every single time. There is also evidence that receiving gifts from drug companies influences doctor's approval of a medication subconsciously, whether they admit it or not. I was looking for a study on discontinuation of antipsychotics that had no conflicts of interest, and this was the one that I found: https://academic.oup.com/schizophreniabulletin/article/39/5/962/1926273 . Apparently, discontinuing APs can cause an increase in relapses during the first 6-10 months, but that over the long-term, the outcomes were better for those who discontinued. They even explained how the increase in relapses could be due to an over-sensitization of dopamine receptors when someone is being treated with APs. The relapse risk after discontinuation is greater the longer someone has been on APs. This probably isn't surprising to most of you, but I thought it was interesting that not a single study that I found demonstrating the net benefits of maintenance treatment was free of conflicts of interests.

I also thought this article was interesting. https://www.mentalhealthexcellence....ics-a-case-study-of-institutional-corruption/ The author, Robert Whitaker, examines the evidence provided in a literature review claiming to debunk concerns about the safety and efficacy of antipsychotics. There are a number of glaring issues in the study, which Whitaker summarizes and provides sources for. There is some pretty validating info in some of those sources... like how people use sources which ten years later have been followed up with and shown to be altered in an extremely misleading way.

I have an update and a couple of links to articles I found interesting. It's been a little over 7 months since my two shots of invega. My emotions are coming back, I'm starting to feel pretty human, after losing 15 of the 20 pounds I gained, my weight has stayed pretty stable. In fact, I've been pretty moody ever since I got on birth control, and at this moment I'm feeling kind of angry for no reason (I stopped taking it, but you know). I am in school, nearing the end of the semester in 18 days. I have awesome grades right now, around a 95%, a 97%, a 98%, a 96% and a 90%. However, I am feeling pretty stupid still. I am able to be much more disciplined, but I don't have much creativity, I think very slowly, and I don't often have flashes of insight like I used to. It was really frustrating that I got a 100% on the first test in a class and then got a 75% on the second one, and all my guy friends tried to rub it in my face that they did slightly better. I'm like, great! You did better than a poisoned female schizophrenic! Stick it to the man! My brain was just not working during that exam, and some of my cognitive weaknesses were exposed on one of the questions. I've just started exercising regularly, and I wonder if maybe some of the invega has been releasing into my bloodstream.

I've recently started reading the conflicts of interests at the bottom of studies about drugs. It is EXTREMELY difficult to find studies on antipsychotics where the authors have no financial ties to drug companies, and I have not found even one on paliperidone palmitate that was not funded by Janssen.

There's this whole spate of studies funded by drug companies that you'll see any time you search terms related to the effects of drugs, and if you are not checking the conflicts of interest and financial ties, they can seem like perfectly benign and legitimate studies. I think that a lot of nurses and doctors are fooled by the absolute DELUGE of drug company funded studies, because they just don't think to check where the funding came from every single time. There is also evidence that receiving gifts from drug companies influences doctor's approval of a medication subconsciously, whether they admit it or not. I was looking for a study on discontinuation of antipsychotics that had no conflicts of interest, and this was the one that I found: https://academic.oup.com/schizophreniabulletin/article/39/5/962/1926273 . Apparently, discontinuing APs can cause an increase in relapses during the first 6-10 months, but that over the long-term, the outcomes were better for those who discontinued. They even explained how the increase in relapses could be due to an over-sensitization of dopamine receptors when someone is being treated with APs. The relapse risk after discontinuation is greater the longer someone has been on APs. This probably isn't surprising to most of you, but I thought it was interesting that not a single study that I found demonstrating the net benefits of maintenance treatment was free of conflicts of interests.

I also thought this article was interesting. https://www.mentalhealthexcellence....ics-a-case-study-of-institutional-corruption/ The author, Robert Whitaker, examines the evidence provided in a literature review claiming to debunk concerns about the safety and efficacy of antipsychotics. There are a number of glaring issues in the study, which Whitaker summarizes and provides sources for. There is some pretty validating info in some of those sources... like how people use sources which ten years later have been followed up with and shown to be altered in an extremely misleading way.
Your very wise.

You literally crossed my mind today when I was seriously contemplating suicide. I remembered your story and how you stated that you were completely back to normal at the end.

Very nice of you to drop back in and give us hope to keep going. Glad you’re past this nightmare and living life at the fullest!

You gotta be tough. Way to go. Keep it up, stay alert and wise and one day it will pass, surely. Stay optimistic about it, each day passing by you are one step closer to recovery. I can't even remember how it was back then, it feels like eternity has passed since then.

Sadhguru tells a story of a merchant in a vegetables market sitting there like a Buddha. Sadhguru had to talk to that merchant and ask him how he is like that, sitting there like a Buddha at the vegetables market. The Buddha merchant said to him that he had a very long illness and thanks to that he became that way. He said he wishes everyone every single day a very long illness ;) His illness was a blessing. Maybe ours, too. Who knows. Time will tell. No one should suffer so much without a cause, I like to believe the universe has some sense in it and not everything is a bunch of mistakes, and some people do get sick even though they are on the right path, though the path gets entangled because nothing is perfect and some mistakes do happen, but these mistakes are due to not listening enough to the inner voice. The path is fine, but the inner voice must be heard more strongly so to avoid unnecessary mistakes. Every "mistake" could actually be a potential for growth and understanding. It is up to the individual to keep pushing forward and realize what it is they need to do in order to feel better. That illness due to that drug is surely a devastating one, a cruel one, and we must not allow this to happen, but once it has happened, at least get the best out of it. Who knows, maybe you will turn out to be a Buddha too. ;)

That illness made me realize things about this world I wouldn't realize otherwise. It gave me power to understand things and strive towards something worthwhile. That illness made me stronger and more wise. It made me do something I wouldn't do otherwise, and it made me realize something great about this life, about my life. If it weren't for this, I wouldn't have realized it. Hope it will do the same to you. Good luck!

You gotta be tough. Way to go. Keep it up, stay alert and wise and one day it will pass, surely. Stay optimistic about it, each day passing by you are one step closer to recovery. I can't even remember how it was back then, it feels like eternity has passed since then.

Sadhguru tells a story of a merchant in a vegetables market sitting there like a Buddha. Sadhguru had to talk to that merchant and ask him how he is like that, sitting there like a Buddha at the vegetables market. The Buddha merchant said to him that he had a very long illness and thanks to that he became that way. He said he wishes everyone every single day a very long illness ;) His illness was a blessing. Maybe ours, too. Who knows. Time will tell. No one should suffer so much without a cause, I like to believe the universe has some sense in it and not everything is a bunch of mistakes, and some people do get sick even though they are on the right path, though the path gets entangled because nothing is perfect and some mistakes do happen, but these mistakes are due to not listening enough to the inner voice. The path is fine, but the inner voice must be heard more strongly so to avoid unnecessary mistakes. Every "mistake" could actually be a potential for growth and understanding. It is up to the individual to keep pushing forward and realize what it is they need to do in order to feel better. That illness due to that drug is surely a devastating one, a cruel one, and we must not allow this to happen, but once it has happened, at least get the best out of it. Who knows, maybe you will turn out to be a Buddha too. ;)

That illness made me realize things about this world I wouldn't realize otherwise. It gave me power to understand things and strive towards something worthwhile. That illness made me stronger and more wise. It made me do something I wouldn't do otherwise, and it made me realize something great about this life, about my life. If it weren't for this, I wouldn't have realized it. Hope it will do the same to you. Good luck!

I definitely agree that this experience can be correlated to a higher and greater meaning. Going through such trials make a person more compassionate, understanding and have a deeper view of matters.

Honestly it’s very tough fighting each day with a lower mental capacity and overall fatigue but as you said once it’s over you move on and slowly forget how it was like. These might be the toughest days where we need to just keep pushing and never give up for it will all be worth it someday.

Spirituality goes hand in hand with tough conditions as people going through life stressors tend to find greater meaning in events. I’ve actually lead prayers at different mosques the past few years and still actually going about it and am surprised when others are still complementing me where my voice and speech have became worse from the invega ?

It’s very inspiring how you’re viewing this awful experience in a positive light. I wish you all the best in life and keep striving for nothing can hold you back!

@Emersonny If you've actually been diagnosed with schizophrenia, then by the looks of it you have high, high functioning schizophrenia. My symptoms are 70% cognitive, 25% delusions, and 5% hallucinations. Your symptoms are probably skewed opposite of mine I would imagine.

Just a heads up, guys. Cilantro may be a good thing to start eating.

I did a hair sample analysis with Rocky Mountain Analytical Calgary, AL, Canada. The test showed that I had very high levels of Aluminum and high levels of Bismuth and Antimony. These are heavy metals and are considered neurotoxins. The test was taken after I had been on invega for 2 years and a few months so I really feel that this is not some coincidence. A lot of these synthesized medications are produced in many steps, with many reactions going on, requiring the use of catalysts. Sometimes the catalysts required may be toxic metals that may not be completely separated from the desired end product. So this could be the case. It could also be specific to just me. Maybe my body has some incapacity to eliminate Bismuth, Antimony, and Aluminum from my tissues although that would still raise the question "where are these metals coming from?" Anyway I was told by my naturopathic doctor that Cilantro helps your body eliminate Aluminum.

Hey Dirtyinvega,

I watched your video, thank you for making it. I am proud of your progress you made in 2 years as much of hell as it's been for some of us. I have to say my experience has been different than yours. For me, my emotions have returned along with most of my abilities. I have been able to work, take tests, and care for others in my time off of Invega.

I believe some people will not heal 100% of the way. I think it depends on how many shots they are on and their healing abilities as a person, the ability for them to bounce back. Some will not be able to rebuild and recover the receptors that have been lost and depleted. Also about the brain being it's own recovery tool, I think it goes for everyone that the placebo effect is very powerful, so is having the mental energy to recover. I do not know why it is you lost your emotions, but from the video you seem to be doing well, your speech is good and you articulate well your thoughts came across clearly.

I don't have any suggestions without being too personal. On Invega, I lost my ex gf, my poor kitty passed away as I was coming off (so I felt numb for it thankfully), I was unable to hold a job, bed bound and hopeless, the worse depression as imaginable like you said, it happens when your on the invega and coming off it, there is no true release from this poison until you are well over 5 months in my understanding.

Your video motivated me to do a video, I hope people will see that there is a chance for recovery. I believe you can't rely on the body to do it all itself though, detox drinks, the right combination of antagonistic drugs, and perhaps what saved me the most was THC, some people on here think I am crazy suggesting that but... here is what I found, after I was already using THC.View attachment 10651

Thanks mate.

It takes ALOT of work/strength to go though this hell of Invega. Not many people in this world could go though this what we have been though and live to tell the story. I was very close to offing myself. But I pushed though and it's paid off - to me anyways. I got a promotion after I returned to work and have more money and i'm more happy then before Invega injections. I know the dark side of the brain/world and it's a VERY lonely place. I still miss my emotions and libido and other things but - they are just memory's now.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your cat and your gf. I love cats too. :) I have been meaning to do more videos and upload them. But I have been so busy lately. But do it mate - make a video and tell your story. :) I'm glad I motivated you. :) I don't know why I haven't recovered my emotions and other things I dont know? If you feel better using THC then go for it they have to remember it's your body no one elses.

I was forcibly given this injection, many months ago now, it was at the end of september 2018 so.....7 months now. I was only given one injection, but it was the highest dose

This medication made me have akasthesia, which is, basically I couldn't sit still. I was given this shot when I was already in a pressure situation In life. They had to give me cogentin 2x a day to make me stop moving my body somehow all the time. Akasthesia was just one of many side effects this drug had on me. I am absolutely not a candidate for this drug AT ALL whatsoever. I am NOT schizophrenic, and whether I am even bipolar or not is up in the air, most docs tell me no, I don't act like a person with bipolar disorder. There is absolutely no excuse to forcibly give ME this drug, and I will make sure they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

What the state of utah, and salt lake behavorial health did, is absolutely sick and completely illegal, and if it isn't, then I want nothing to do with this piece of shit country called the USA.

I will dedicate my life to suing salt lake behavorial health, the state of Utah, the makers of this piece of shit drug, etc. I will not stop until they are so horribly looked down upon that they are forced to commit suicide. After that, they will go to hell for 100% sure. No questions, this drug and everybody involved in giving it to anybody, ever, in any way at all, are horrible evil pieces of garbage that deserve a horrible death.

That's how I feel about this jackass piece of shit medication.

And yes, the USA is a piece of garbage country, capitalism doesn't ever work just like communism doesn't ever work, socialism is the only system that works, that's why Europe and Australia and new Zealand are all countries that are way better than the shitty USA.

antipsychotics are a class of drugs that are ONLY supposed to be prescribed to people that have highly PSYCHOTIC symptoms. They are NOT supposed to be prescribed for autism, anxiety, depression, insomnia, etc.

Antipsychotics are TRASH that are WAY over prescribed by DUMB PIECES OF SHIT that are most psychiatrists. WAYYYYY over prescribed by a bunch of idiots really, fuck anybody who prescribes this shit to any normal functional human being. Olanzapine, haldol, risperdal, trilafon, any one of them you can name pretty much, the whole lot of em, useless trash that should not be prescribed 1/5th as commonly as they are prescribed.

What psychiatrists, physicians, etc. in the United States of trash are doing is immoral, evil, pathetic, and it SHOULD be illegal in any civilized country. And they know exactly what's wrong with what they are doing, they aren't unaware of it, they just do not care. Idk what they teach in med school in this country, but it is incorrect information. I would MUCH rather be strung out on heroin, meth, crack, benzos, etc than be given this shot, it is MUCH safer to be strung out on any of those substances than to be given this shot incorrectly, as a person who should NOT ever be on these substances.

this is 100% the exact stuff that goes through my mind, day in, day out, over and over again. The USA will get you if you let it, and they got me that time, but I'm gonna get them this time, and it's gonna be big too. I can't wait to leave this shitbag place, you work your whole life and then for what? This? Yeah fuck you and your "liberties and freedom" and all the other bullshit EVERYci ilized country in the entire world has, but somehow you're proud of it. It's fucking 2019, you really think they DONT have the same "liberties and freedom" and lots more of it, in pretty much the ENTIRE world? Unless you're in some shitty 3rd world country in asia/Africa, yes in every country you can do everything you can In the USA, plus wayyy more in most countries. Do fucking idiots really believe NOBODY in Europe can legally have a gun? Or are you saying that people in Australia cannot vote for their prime minister? Like what restrictions do Americans feel the rest of the world has that we don't have? It's absolutely ridiculous and anyone who says otherwise is mentally impaired.

Hi Teresa, I completely understand your frustration. My husband was given the injection 4 months ago and hes still struggling everyday. I am constantly searching for stories to give him some hope. Psychiatry is a joke and is proven that these drugs do not work for whatever they are trying to "fix". My husband is an Iraq war veteran who gets his health services through the VA. Trust me you don't want a socialist system. The VA is a perfect example...my husband fractured and dislocated his wrist from a motorcycle accident in April 2016 and had to wait until September 2016 to get surgery. No doctor would touch him cause it had been so long cause the VA sat on his care. He can barely write now. I work in a doctors office and if we have someone with a broken bone they get an appointment that same day or the next day.

Any society that works in the history of civilized society, has a socialist system. I absolutely DO want a socialist system in EVERY department, capitalism does not work. I was born in Germany and I believe everybody in the world should be in the country that they have ancestry in, everyone should go back to their NATURAL places of citizenship, and not a single country should have relations with any country outside their continent. I KNOW that the world would work 100x better if this happened. I am strictly MAD at my ancestors for ever coming to this Godforsaken place. And God is Odin, the only real religion is Asatru, Christianity is a joke and a lie that was built upon other religions that more civilized and trustworthy societies believed in. Christianity, Judaism, islam, every single one of the main religions the world is brainwashed into believing are just religions that society believes.

Methamphetamine and morphine should ABSOLUTELY be legal and otc. Alcohol should be illegal, along with marijuana. They are substances that do not have to improve ANYTHING whatsoever, they only help make everything you do worse.

There is no argument to what I say. What I say is Odin's truth, these are laws that are set in stone. There is nothing anyone could possibly ever say that would sway my factual-based opinion. What I say are 100% FACTS, what you or anyone in the world says are flawed OPINIONS. do you see the difference? FACTS vs. FLAWED OPINIONS, if you do not believe what I say, look any of it up. Look up what methamphetamine, or just amphetamines in general, do to your mind and body. They make you more focused, they are performance enhancers, not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.