• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Antipsychotique33 i've been on and off for 6 years, never been able to fully recover. this time i had one injection 150mg and a month of invega 6 mg pills. i believe the supplements i took and cyproheptadine really helped a lot

@Antipsychotique33 oh the emotions haven't came back. I found out a loved one had just passed away this morning in a head on collision in Atmore. I wish i could cry but i could only manage part of a tear. This is beyond messed up.

Majeed, why were you on and off? Why did you ever go back on the invega.... were symptoms coming back or doctors order or withdrawal symptoms too severe or what?

@Invegolas i keep going back to smoking weed heavily which somehow is causing a brief psychotic disorder also family who keep thinking something is wrong with me even though its a part of the withdrawal from invega meaning looking odd and acting weird lol

@Invegolas i keep going back to smoking weed heavily which somehow is causing a brief psychotic disorder also family who keep thinking something is wrong with me even though its a part of the withdrawal from invega meaning looking odd and acting weird lol

Weed is a bad idea for us, almost without exception. It's good because you seem to understand this.

It can be tough to be able to discern between illness and medication withdrawal effects.

Hey all, success story here.

I haven't read all your posts yet. But I'm guessing those of you who received the Invega shot and are in the early stages of coming off feel like its hell. Fatigue, depression, maybe even suicidal thoughts. And there aren't many success stories out there.

Im not on this thread much. I had a few people from here message me on Facebook so I figure I'd throw up a quick post for my fellow invega homies.

I received 2 shots in September 2015 of invega sustenna.
The first 8 or 9 months were pretty awful. To put it mildly. By 12months I started noticing improvements.

By month 18 I started and finished a full 8 week MMA training camp where we trained and sparred 2x per day. It was tough but with or without invega it would have been. The point is there's not a chance in hell I would have been able to do a full camp during the first year. But you have to make am effort physically. You won't just wake up one day and boom you're all better. Its a gradual process.

By month 24 I wasn't even thinking about Invega. The only reason I'm thinking about it now is because I had 3 people who received the same shots I did messaging me about how they want to kill themselves. That shit breaks my heart cauae I know what they're dealing with. Few people do. I remember when I was going through it I couldnt find ONE single story about someone who fully recovered.

Well, I did fully recover. I have tangible evidence of that. You can see pictures of my fat 220lb self from month 12 and a pic of me at month 18 at 185lbs on an MMA Event promo flier pretty damn shredded. Even got myself some abs.

I'm not saying that to be bragging. I'm just telling you its going to be ok. And giving that as one example. Those before and after pictures are clear evidence that I had been able to train and workout hard despite the invega shots. And you will too.

But listen, everyone I talked to who received this shot swears they don't have a mental illness. Which means they aren't getting treatment for it. Well, I do have legitimate manic depressive disorder. I don't use the term bipolar because it doesn't really capture the severity of what my manic episodes are like. I get completely delusional. Last time I thought I was fist fighting demons. I thought it was schizophrenia but my p doc says its BP Type 1 with psychotic features. The only real difference between those 2 is that bipolar can be treated WITHOUT Antipsychotics like invega.

I had 5 hospitalizations. I didnt get the Invega shots until my 4th hospitalization. So, while it did fkn suck...it was sort of appropriate. I've had a manic episode post-invega as well. So your dopamine receptors aren't permanently destroyed and you're not permanently brain damaged.

Once you recover you'll be so happy that you can feel energy, motivativation and true happiness again. You will actually appreciate it...so much more.

I had zero hope. And no success stories to look too. So, I recovered despite the potential risks of a negative placebo effect as well.

I know it pisses people off to hear this sometimes. But you MIGHT need treatment. I'm on a cocktail of 5 different psychiatric meds and I feel great. I became a professional grappler, started training again and now I'm even working on my first novel. Don't have an inflexible mind regarding mental illness. It's okay if you have one. People will be kind to you and there are meds that will help. What wont help is refusing to accept the fact that you might actually have an MI and need treatment. Thats a double edged sword because if left untreated, some MI's can cause you to feel like complete shit and suicidal. Just like invega.

Anyway, this is a really long post and its probably the only one I'm going to write on this forum since I'm pretty busy (finally). But feel free to add me on facebook if you need someone to talk to who actually knows what this is like and recovered. My name is Justin Koslosky

Take care everyone! You'll get through this.

Last edited:
@Koz26 I'm glad you're honest, man. I think you may be the first person in this thread to simultaneously agree that invega is a terrible drug and that you are suffering from a mental illness. I think most of us like to pretend like we're fine and blame our doctor's interpretations on odd things. I want to feel my emotions again and start hitting the gym every day so I'm intent on staying away from invega and looking for alternative APs. Thanks for you story mate! I'll try to follow in your foot steps.

Progress in successfully coming off Invega can be monitored day by day, eventually. I've nearly gotten to a point where I am as strong as I was before. But these are things I've actively worked at getting back. Keep up the good work, walk or jog when you can. Just keep in mind the more you sit around and do nothing - your muscle will convert to fat, become atrophied and the poison has more grounds to take over everything that you are and everything that you've worked for.

I now monitor my progress hour by hour, following the advice I got from a buddy of mine who used to frequent the spirituality section of Bluelight quite a bit. Windows and waves still come. There are also episodes where for roughly a week it seems, my constitution will drop dramatically and the waves and windows continue until I break into a bigger window. It's probably just my connection with Terra and how I feel as far as coming to another bridge. Bridge after bridge, I don't get much respite to stop and observe what's going around on the larger scale. It seems I just haven't reached that point yet. Anyway, Following a set of guidelines from the one who requested the PM sent to me, I place my hands over my abdomen and take deep belly breaths while walking or perform certain actions based on what I'm sensing nearby. My advice to anyone who's serious about not only recovery but a certain one up over the poison's grasp is to perhaps seek spiritual counsel from someone with a good reputation and someone you can easily trust. As I've stated on here before I am not a medium myself, though.

I check on here rarely … if there's anyone who needs advice on what to do specifically I will try to answer. Just send me a PM

@AlphaMethylPhenyl cant agree more, its the main cause of where i am at.

@Koz26 hope i get there soon, i kind of feel the a rich eye vision sometimes lately, like if i am alive again and able to feel whats going on around me. and thats what keeping me going. Cant wait till i get the anxiety over with and gain my confidence back.

@iridescentblack hope we all achieve wellness.

@majeed I to lost my confidence, on another note I get bad social anxiety now because I struggle with connect with people, sense I lost interest in everything like movies music and hobbies it's really hard to talk about myself and find things in common with people, most of the time I end up Just asking the person I'm talking to questions about them. Most of the time I just tell people how my day is going and talk about work, I consider my conversation shallow..... But man I miss my ego, and wanting myself to look good for females and in general, another issue Im having is well my libido has some what returned I do get natural erections so I have been having sex regularly but just one night stands, but yet again no emotional connection I can't properly convey my feeling to some one I want a relationship with.and don't get the butterflys or a rush for some one find attractive and I struggle to think of compliments to say. I just feel so fake, I know I have said this before, but I feel strangely handicapped.

Luckily I have a hand full of friends that have known me for years so they know how I was before invega, and I explained to all my friends how invega changed my personality, and why I'm so quiet... I really don't think I can make new friends at the moment

Last edited:
@majeed I to lost my confidence, on another note I get bad social anxiety now because I struggle with connect with people, sense I lost interest in everything like movies music and hobbies it's really hard to talk about myself and find things in common with people, most of the time I end up Just asking the person I'm talking to questions about them. Most of the time I just tell people how my day is going and talk about work, I consider my conversation shallow..... But man I miss my ego, and wanting myself to look good for females and in general, another issue Im having is well my libido has some what returned I do get natural erections so I have been having sex regularly but just one night stands, but yet again no emotional connection I can't properly convey my feeling to some one I want a relationship with.and don't get the butterflys or a rush for some one find attractive and I struggle to think of compliments to say. I just feel so fake, I know I have said this before, but I feel strangely handicapped.

Luckily I have a hand full of friends that have known me for years so they know how I was before invega, and I explained to all my friends how invega changed my personality, and why I'm so quiet... I really don't think I can make new friends at the moment

Yup. Invega changed me too. Even 8 months later I understand that the experience I went through was life changing psychosis included. I'm pretty much on my "new life" where I was lucky enough get an extra life when the restart button was hit. But now we have to live with the changes nd that means post invega changes too. I am very much quiet but I rather it be this way. You get less into trouble and nobody at my job bothers me so no drama. Downside is making friends seems pretty hard. I can say that I am average at conversation now but MUCH better than I used to be. Progress comes in small strides and keeping the gains from each of those strides so... It's all ambiguous and changes to each person but I relate.

Did you have emotions and thoughts Offvega ? if you have that, is the principle!

I don't believe ANY one in the world that has received this injection has healed 100% no chance in hell. I call bullshit on anyone that has claimed they have 100% healed.

stop saying shit, people have said, have lived the same hell that we some have more luck than other hope to have the same luck and I hope to be in their camp .. people have very well recover libido, thoughts and even emotions after that

stop saying shit, people have said, have lived the same hell that we some have more luck than other hope to have the same luck and I hope to be in their camp .. people have very well recover libido, thoughts and even emotions after that

If you believe that "Good for you" I have my views. I have NEVER personally attacked anyone on this forum. But because you don't agree with me "Your saying I'm talking shit" What ever mate. :)

@Jonnyhalo i feel the same exact way. i kind of enjoy music more now, the feeling of constant rush, being annoyed and uncomfortable that i wasnt aware of kind of calmed down. i think it needs time to ware off. i am not rushing myself to gain my confidence back, i think what we feel is that we are lost and we cant figure out where we are in some sort, our brains arent fully functioning, i am kind of aware all of those issues will go away with time, all what we can do here is pretty much wait and take what we think will help, definitely not any type of drugs.

Those who need is clinging to the fucking hope that has made us live .. I want to heal; find my emotions, my thoughts ..[mod edit]. We will all heal, I hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,
New to this site and looking for some hope for my husband. A little over 10 yrs ago he served in the Army and did a tour in Iraq...combat. he was diagnosed with PTSD. Fast forward to December 2018...we were just about to get married and all my family was coming to meet him in person for the first time. This was definitely nerve racking for him as a combat vet with PTSD. He went to the VA and his psychiatrist suggested invega sustenna. He was given the loading dose 234mg and then a week later 156mg. Soon after he started with the usual side effects. Tremors, shuffling, kinda sedated, restlessness(severe). Well he never went back to get anymore injections due to the side effects he experienced. Sometime in January 2019 those side effects went away but he seemed so depressed, then anhedonia, insomnia, constipation with abdominal discomfort. He was not able to even cry. I just thought this was a bad case of depression from his PTSD but them we started researching Invega sustenna and the withdrawals.
I can say I'm seeing minimal improvement. In late February/early March I started him on supplements and eating healthy. On 3/17/19 he was able to cry, one tear. On 3/20/19 he was able to cry more tears. on 3/23/19 he stated he kind of felt like himself for a brief moment but it went away. He has very little hope that he will recover from this.
After tons of research I started giving him some supplements. I'm not sure what combinations we have tried because there have been so many. Fish oil, magnesium, 5-HTP,Ginkgo Biloba, Lithium orotate, L-Theanine. Yesterday 3/23/19 he started Same-e, niacin, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, continuing with fish oil and multi vitamins. I make sure he doesn't eat bad. Everyday for lunch he has a shake that has spinach, kale, blueberries, mango, banana, apple, almond milk and coconut water. He just started drninking alkaline water. We also ordered an ionic foot bath, it should be here be Wednesday 3/27/19. I've been researching how to eliminate this poison from his body quicker!! I found great info on the alternative to meds centers website. https://www.alternativetomeds.com/services/holistic/neruotoxin-removal/
Hi all, we're approaching 4 months since my husband's last injection. I have seen seen some improvement but it is still very difficult. Continues to suffer from insomnia, anhedonia, constipation with abdominal pain and suicidal thoughts. We have been reading through the old forums and found quite a few recovery stories. Im thankful for all of you sharing your experiences and it's a relief to know we are not the only ones. I see a lot of people suffer from libido issues. I would say his libido is low but he is able to function properly. it seems like there are "waves" periods, he will feel really bad like he's not able to keep fighting. I try my best to support him and I think it's an important part in recovery. Now he is able to play video games which is a good distraction. Gaming was his thing pre invega. His gamer tag on ps4 is BROWN_MAMBA_KING if anyone wants to keep him company. Also his email is [email protected].
We were continuing with the supplements. I researched the best time to take each supplement. In the AM he takes multivitamins, B complex, lithium orotate, L-theanine and niacin. In the PM fish oil, vit c, lithium orotate, L-theanine and magnesium. For sleep he will take valarian root or a trazadone(only if desperate for sleep). He is going to stop the supplements for a few days to see if they are contributing to the abdominal pain. We also ordered a portable sauna since he doesn't really have the energy to work out. I'll come back in another month to post an update.
Hang in there friends, remember this time in your life is temporary and it will pass!

Status
Not open for further replies.