• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lifeline my friend i'm in the same big shit of son of a bitch as you .. i only took one injection, only one whore and other are recovering with 5 in 6-7 months I am at 5 months and 1 week with 1 it is a question of luck of how to react your brain if it is lobotomize or not .. Guard hope, hold you to this hope even if I know it is that it is the big misery of sick ..

@veteranwife I'm sorry to hear your husband got this injection, that's to bad. I just wanted say I can't cry either, or get excited about anything. I have been off invega for 6 months now and no big improvements, tell him to hang in there.

Last edited:
@Antipsychotique33 well my sex drive has returned, I can now get natural erections, however I still don't have strong emotions, but I noticed I'm talking more at work and with friends. And I noticed that I'm starting to enjoy music again.

Last edited:
So you feel the emotions but not intensely ?, I think it's great, I'm really happy for you! love music and have a libido is a great return !!!

Some people are saying they're getting better... I'll have you all know that if anyone here is more messed up from invega, it's me. I've been on the maximum dose of invega sustenna for 2 and-a-half years. Even during my psychotic episode I didn't want to be administered any medication but they forced me down in the psych ward and injected me with what I think was a mix of haldol and anesthetic. That injection caused me to go catatonic for 3 days (or what I think was 3 days). Two more months went by and the nurses had tested a bunch of APs on me. Finally I was released from the hospital with the promise that I would take my medication which was a super high dose of trazodone and a smaller dose of seroquel. I wasn't taking it so at my next follow up appointment I was given a weeks prescription of abilify and that drug had nasty akethesia so I refused it as well. At my next follow up appointment they gave me paliperidone to try (that's invega) and I found that they had the least side effects and that it actually helped me to sleep. I stopped following up with the Hospital outpatient psychiatrists and was "passed on" to a program for people who experienced psychosis and their job was basically to get me onto an injectable form of the paliperidone and prescribe any further medications to help with the side effects. I stayed with the program for 2.5 years and during my time there I had seen 3 different psychiatrists and 3 different nurses. Each month I was injected with the max dose of invega.

Basically, I put my trust in these doctors. I told myself that my strong desire to reject medication was because of my paranoia and that these doctors only wanted the best for me. I listened to what they said. They said that coming off of the invega would inevitably result in a relapse and that they would like to see me 'improve' or 'be stable' for another month or two. Come next appointment they would have a similar excuse or would go through statistics of relapse in patients who had come off their meds. When I was finally released from the program, I was passed onto my family doctor to administer the max dose of invega every month. That's when it made sense for me to stop taking the medication - I wasn't being closely monitored by a clinic to make sure I was on medication.

So in my time at the hospital I was told that the medication would "reform synapses in the brain" and help me to think better. Because the only option I really had was to accept what was being offered right in front of me, I did. I was not told that I would need to stay on medication all my life. In fact, I was given an estimate of 3 months at the hospital. Then at the clinic/program I was told 1 year. Come 1 year I was told a few more months. A few more months, another excuse - "You've made so much progress, why would you want to jeopardize that". It continued until I was released from the program/clinic. So I was left feeling like no one had really made an effort to help me. No one explained what the drug would do to me or what was the purpose of being on it for so long or what they were looking for in me during their appointments to finally say "yes, you can reduce the medication" or what I really wanted to hear, "yes, we can taper you off the medication now". They never even explained to me my full diagnosis... It was my family doctor who printed off the discharge medical record for me.

I just feel like I got no help whatsoever from the mental health system. Nothing was explained to me - the risks, benefits. No love was shown. To me it was all a very big disappointment. It's been 3 months since my last injection and I've been doing alright. I feel that God is close beside me in this and I think my faith in Him has really helped me. At this point I've ranted enough. I do have hope for the future. Right now I am seeing a naturopathic doctor who thinks she's pinpointed what my problem is (apparently it's in my gut). My parents have a lot of trust in her but me not so much. If I don't see improvement from seeing this doctor then my trust goes completely to Jesus Christ. I think most people will agree that Jesus CAN heal anyone from anything but the big question is IF he will. If doctors can't do anything for me then it's time for me to look to a supernatural doctor.

@Antipsychotique33 ya my emotions still feel dulled and my desire for sex is back but it's not as intense as before.. And I'm starting to take a interest in music. And I'm laughing more... But I still can't deeply upset and cry though

Last edited:
@Jonnyhalo It's been 3 months for me since my last injection and I definitely can start to feel more awareness/liveliness in myself. I can feel my emotions a bit more. I think for me, the big goal is learn to control my emotions as they come back slowly so I don't have some sort of relapse.

@invegolas well here are my thoughts, just from my experience, my changes with emotions and libido have been so gradual that I don't have any issues with handling them, as for a relaps I'm not worried about it.. I have smoked pot and that does bring back mild paranoid thoughts, but it passes in couple hours.

In my opinion I don't think u Will have any problems controlling your emotions, because they come back so slow... Now if I remember right you said that to much coffee is what caused your phycosise? Is that right?... So I would just stay away from any typ of stimulants, to minimize any chances of a relaps.

Last edited:
Reporting Adverse Reactions and Side Effects to the FDA

Listen up, people! If you want to report a negative side effect in hopes that drug companies and the FDA would investigate the matter, I would use the FDA Adverse Event Reporting System or the company's own reporting system. If multiple people were to report "this drug made me profoundly demotivated, WTF?!?!" at a rate higher than noise, then it would trigger a more scientific investigation to determine if this is a significant trend and if so, possibly lead the FDA and CDC to issue warnings for the affected population or even pull the drug entirely.

Good luck and be well.

Listen up, people! If you want to report a negative side effect in hopes that drug companies and the FDA would investigate the matter, I would use the FDA Adverse Event Reporting System or the company's own reporting system. If multiple people were to report "this drug made me profoundly demotivated, WTF?!?!" at a rate higher than noise, then it would trigger a more scientific investigation to determine if this is a significant trend and if so, possibly lead the FDA and CDC to issue warnings for the affected population or even pull the drug entirely.

Good luck and be well.

I think the issue will be credibility. People diagnosed with the kind of illnesses invega treats on label are often marginalized and not taken seriously. It's a good idea to try anyway though.

I will say from what I've read on the subject the issues people here are having are listed side effects of the drug. It just seems the prescribing doctors downplay those risks or are ignorant of them

I arrive at a stage friends or I start to lose hope without messing .. I have no emotion, thoughts, libido it makes me want to die .. I feel lobotomiser ... no hope after only a few some drop I take 5 months and a week in the head .. I can not anymore .. if anyone still has hope that they are manifested because it is strong ..

I'm almost 7 months off! This is so exciting! I found out something. Don't drink any milk while this is still in you. Makes the constipation way worse. Now i have softer poopoo and comes out way easier! Sleep isn't so bad either. I have to wait until around 11pm to go to bed. Or else I'd be up sporadically during the night. I found out how to meditate again! I forgot how insanely easy it is! Just focus on the automatic breaths guys! Only 2 more months to go then at 9 months I'll experience something very noticeable! Yay for June! This is actually becoming quite fun. Just find a routine guys! Months go by much faster if you do. I play PS2 games on my laptop yay! I'm playing Star Ocean 3, Champions RTA, and Chaos Legion for now. I'm going to play Dark Cloud and Shadow Hearts 2 next month. Plus I have college to keep me busy until May 8 this is awesome! Oh.. And stupid ass court April 17. Gotta fix my car too and tight on money. Oh well! It's getting past those moments that we really start to see the LIGHT at the end of this long dark tunnel..

Hello, Bluelight. Just checking in. It's been almost 4 years since discontinuing Invega Sustenna (as of May 28th that'll mark the fourth year). Seems traces of the drug are still lingering. Not enough to cut off my cognitive abilities but enough to dull me to the point where I'm not as sharp as I could be. I at times sense the product of the so called medication within a select area of my body and mind/brain. I am currently working to eliminate this as much as I can. Was thinking of resorting back to Saint John's Wort. Not sure if it would be worth it though. For someone like me with certain 'sensitivities' - Saint John's Wort isn't the best solution, though I know it would have a huge impact against Invega.

Do not reply to me directly from the thread as I will not check back any time soon. Feel free to send me a PM if there are any questions or concerns related to Invega.

Hello everyone, I have been off of invega for 3 months now (my last appointment with a psychiatrist was 3 months ago) as I've mentioned a few times in this thread already. My desire is to stay off the drug and seek alternative methods to get restful sleep. Upcoming, this Tuesday, is an appointment with my family doctor, a nurse, and one or both of my parents. The appointment is concerning my health and how its related to the medication. They want me to get an injection after the appointment and are obviously gonna spend the 30 minutes convincing me that I need the drug and telling me what information the psychiatrists have forwarded to them about my case. So, I plan to share some of your guy's experiences with the medication to me and I will share with my parents. I want my parents to be on my side and to help vouch for me at the appointment - my goal is, again, to be on as little invega as possible and seek good health by other means. If you have the time, could anyone here share a bit of their experience with invega and how it changed their life (for good or bad) and give a few reasons why they want to come off the drug? I would appreciate it tons! Even just a short few sentences. :)

P.S. I'm 22 and have been on the maximum dose (150 mg paliperidone / 234 mg paliperidone palmitate) since 20 years of age. I feel like the medication isn't helping me to get back to a functioning life, rather it is inhibiting me.

- Invegolas

@Curtis why you feel when your receptor unlocked ? you was feel when you receptor unlocked and the flux of emotion and thought came back ?

Hi everyone

I hope everyone is well. i just wanted to share my experience with being off invega for awhile and how i am managing myself. i have been on and off invega for while and this time hopefully will be the last time i take it. i have been looking at invega closely since v2. i have tried almost if not all supplements of what been recommended by users in this forum, and i wanted to share with you guys what really helped me to go through Anhedonia which i believe is the main issue that everyone wants it to be resolved. @PhucInvega once have posted about 5-ht7 receptors study and it was mentioned in the study that clozapine could re-activate the receptors again, it was mentioned in the study other substances and i managed to get cyproheptadine, i would take 3x4mg before i go to sleep and i have noticed a huge improvements, feeling like a human again. i have been taking it for a week now. i also read another comment from the same person @PhucInvega mentioning Sarcosine, N-acetylcysteine and glycine. i am almost done with a bottle of glycine and i have ordered Sarcosine which is to be believed more potent than glycine and would cross blood brain barrier as glycine, being better than glycine to reach the brain, still waiting for it. i also have used 5htp, l-tyrosine, p5p, SJW. i am hoping that people who are going through this and people who managed to recover make a wiki page containing all the info that could help other people manage their symptoms and help them with withdrawal from the poison. it would be better and easier for everyone in the mean time and the future. i am hoping that we could make this possible for the benefit of the people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.