Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And glooming days are the worse days making it all that much harder. Hang in there Rosi.

@Yeshuah I actually have psychedelics dreams almost every night with all the bright colors and what seemed to be my spirit guide communing for guidance. It is as if I’m tripping but of course no substance. I am not suppose to be seeing these colors so soon when supposedly the receptors are particall blocked. But I know the poison is degrading in my system. Personally I don’t sense my brain is out of control. Instead there seemed to be some healing work going on. Early morning 10/31 I had a vivid dream of a large python Kundalini snake slithering on my right side and licking my left hand. Then I noticed it’s head seemed damaged as if there were potholes in it. Then I saw a very beautiful bluish glow of my head/brain and saw all the receptors light up as a network of intricate connectors. It was a sight to behold as I gradually fully became conscious. There is definitely some repairing of the receptors which is why I keep having these vivid psychedelics dreams. Last night I woke up asking myself why am I getting this with no induced substance? I think my brain is undergoing testing to see if all the switches will turn on when it is suppose to.

Last edited:
Hi all, I have 5 days straight with extreme fatigue (I can't barely get up from bed) and I don't want to go out of the house because I have an extreme lack of energy. It's been almost 8 months off Invega why I am feeling like this if I received only 234 and 156 mg? Would any one please let me know if this is normal and the reason why these side effects are happening?

Also, can any one please calculate the half life for me?

I received 234 mg on March 9
I received 156 mg on March 15

Thanks for you help.

@dellad I have these dreams too. It's a typical symptom, it has nothing to do with receptors healing. I think the reason is that you brain doesn't know what is reality anymore and tries to give you a sense of reality in your dreams. I don't know, but it's typical and a lot of people have that who have took psychiatric drugs. It messes with your psyche, this is why you feel that you're on psychedelics. @I_Want_To_Recover Have you seen any improvements so far? It disappoints me that you still struggle 8 months off, as I am hoping that I will be at least a bit better by then... Try to eat a lot of raw foods for the exhaustion to fade. I'm never exhausted because I try to eat a lot of fruits and veggies. And try to eat only at daytime if possible, as the body is slowing down as soon as it gets darker and it's harder to digest things. Still having problems with paragraphs. It's annoying! And this "journey" is annoying too. I'm so tired of it!

@I_Want_To_Recover : It is completely normal to have it. I had this fatigue for a month and I am just getting better. From month 4 to 5, I had it.
With a half-life of 40 days, you have roughly 6 mg left in your body. I think it happens when you're close to recovery imo.

Hi, I'm Emerson. It's been 2 months since my loading dose, and I've seen slight improvements. This is probably to a large extent due to being on 150 mg of Wellbutrin and 10 mg of Adderall, and I'm looking to up the dosages. The Adderall has made this waiting game so much more bearable because I can read a greater number of pages in a day, I can enjoy some music rather than be annoyed, I can enjoy videos and podcasts now, and I can do simple math problems now. I've been trying to do all sorts of mental exercises to break things in. I am especially interested to hear about those who have recovered their cognitive abilities, because thinking used to be my favorite activity. I was studying math and philosophy. I am currently working, and I'm planning to go back to school in 2 months. Has anyone here been able to make school work while recovering from this medication? I'm also desperate to hear of people who have recovered their creativity, as I used to be a very creative person and creativity has been my main asset in the past. I'm trying to stay positive and I'd like to keep everyone updated on any progress I make. Anyone in school who has come off invega sustenna: please talk to me.

@I_Want_To_Recover : It is completely normal to have it. I had this fatigue for a month and I am just getting better. From month 4 to 5, I had it.
With a half-life of 40 days, you have roughly 6 mg left in your body. I think it happens when you're close to recovery imo.

Isnt at 8 months Invega should no longer be in body? Atleast that’s what I remember.

@Emersonny : Welcome to the thread. I am supposed to go to college and I went there a couple times. Now I feel like I could study but I simply don't have the desire to do so. I just want to pursue an other career path. I am 5+ months off and had two loading doses. Studying while recovering is for sure difficult but by month 4 it is possible.

@dellad : that's possible. The brain takes longer than the body to recover and is more delicate. So yes, the poison could be no longer in your muscles but could have harmful effects on the brain.

@invegaisnotgood : yeah true. Maybe I am a fast healer.

To the room
Day 159

I believe this is a turning point in my recovery. Today I simply wondered "am I healed?" because when I am listening to music, I feel completely normal. But when I do an activity such as working out or a task that require lots of effort I am aware I am still diminished a bit from invega. I have little side effects, very encouraging.
My motivation and physical strength don't run on full cylinders yet but it is coming very soon.

RECOVERY IS REAL.
PEACE

I called the company on the website they said 124 days it will be out of ur system. But I'm not holding my breath. I had 7 shots so I doubt it for me any way

@zack365 Thanks for your response. I'm thinking of taking a much easier course load than usual, and I currently am motivated to work 10 hours a week doing math education research at 2 months, but probably the reason why I'm not fired is that this job was a charity project for me from my boss, so I am super lucky. But I am still able to do my work to some extent and it's more difficult than a lot of classes. I just need to take and pass 13 credits next semester to keep getting fafsa and not start paying student loans

I bought this powder to help with gut health and It's already making a small difference so anyone struggling with digestion problems should look into this. Still take a multivitamin and fish oil in the morning to help with fatigue and concentration.

@emmersonny: if some of your cognitive functions are already returning after two months your doing exceptionally well in recovery. Most people are just coming out of their zombie slumber and everything is still hazy and confusing. My cognitive functions didn't fully come back until month six. Creativity, problem solving and most functions will return to normal but my wit is a little slower than before, can't think quickly on the spot. Good luck with your job and studies, we envy your motivation.

@Emersonny Thinking was also my favorit activity. That's why I'm freaking out on the inside every day that I can't think! I'm 5 months off and my cognitive ability is just as impaired as it was in the beginning. Nothing has improved. I am not able to study. I think it's a mistake that you take these other drugs. You can't expect to get your brain back when you're still disrupting it with drugs. If you don't want to take them for the rest of your life, you're gonna have a really hard time coming off of them. Being on the high doses that you are on will take years to correctly taper off of them and you're gonna experience withdrawals from these.

@dellad: take it at a base level and work up from there. you were use to having full access to your brain pre-poison. as your brain starts to wake up it works itself out slowly. intense dreams, symptoms from a pre-existing mental illness and things your use to are starting to happen but not quiet like you remember. they are slow at first, blocky and not exact like they use to be. the dreams are a good sign that things are not trying to work again but actually are even though they are not at the level you want them to be at or are use to... yet! you gotta crawl before you can walk and walk before you can run. it's progress and that's an excellent thing.

@Rosi71: Yeshuah has a good point. i got headaches all the time when i take pharmaceuticals and i am on the comedown. i had quiet a few right before i fully healed. you crying and being sad is a good sign that your emotional and feeling things again. give it a lil more time for the two year mark to hit and go from there please. also try listening to music while you sleep like we talked about, it might induce creativity and emotions while you sleep making them happen faster when your awake. take care rosi.

@Emersonny: welcome to the thread. glad to hear the pills are helping relieve some of the side effect/withdrawal symptoms.

to answer your questions: half the people on the poison can go to school, be active, work. the other half are stuck riding a couch all day pretty much. yep, creativity comes back. like emotions and the soul it's one of the hardest things to lose contact with but when it comes roaring back in the relief flows freely and you get back on with your life again. please do keep us updated and hopefully you can attend school soon.

@I_WANT_TO_RECOVER: my apologies about not getting back to you yesterday. please check your PM as i sent one in response to yours.

@zack365: HAHAHA! i have wondered that myself many times in the past month. i think it's a good sign your questioning it as it shows you might possibly be healed if not very soon. those days when you ask yourself are replaced with days you just know. that's why i posted that question a few months back. sounds like you might've finally hit the last road bump. i hope it was the last one for you. let us know.

@iridescentblack: hahaha. i caught that. true, true. who knows when it's fully out of us. it takes 4mg left in us to not be as effective anymore but during the purging process cause we're all different who's not to say some have 100mg while some have only 60mg at month 4. friggin weird. think i rather be playing hockey with shredder while completely naked then worry about the dose i had left in me, that's why i never did my own half lives math. your a funny guy.

@robe11: smart thinking. a lot of the dopamine deals with the stomach. good way to flush it out of you too.

@Empty1128: alright... giggity! XD more progress. your just steaming along there aren't ya buddy. i've been drinking several cups of coffee a day this last week. it's just like it was before invega. can't wait to try real italian cappuccino.

to the room: it's hard to say when it's out of your system. like i've said, i don't believe in the half life theory myself but to those who do i don't want to discourage you.

average healing time is just that, an average. we're all different so we all heal in different ways and at different rates. 8-14 months with a 2 year cap is average. still have yet to find anyone who hasn't healed and some who are positive exceptions might not heal in 4 months but heal differently than most in other ways. i rather be a positive exception in a different way than a negative one but hey i healed.

and that's what i'm getting at. i've always said i'm healed when i'm healed and one reason why isn't to put a time limit on it with expectations that might get in the way of doing just that. taking it one day at a time let me know things were improving or if not what i needed to do to adjust for the healing process even if it was just for that day.

you all seem to be doing well working together on the thread. most excellent to see. keep up the good work. heal quickly. peace.

“8-14 months with a 2 year cap is average.”

That is ridiculous! While the 1 year anniversary is deepening depressive this could be better stated for those with more than 2 shots. I gave my parents an 8 month time frame to recover. Let’s hope it is less.

Status
Not open for further replies.