• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Coming off 1 year .5 insuffulated Herion addicted. Using subs (HELP PLEASE)

Day 37 off Heroin
Day 20 off Suboxone
Day 4 off Clonzepam
Day 1 off Tramadol

You read that right, I broke down and took 1 50mg Tramadol before bed. I hope this doesn't prolong shit, I don't think it will. I couldn't sleep last night, and have runs, So I took a Tramadol in desperation to sleep, and subside the runs, Idk if it worked but I drifted off for awhile. Probably a placebo. These lingering PAWS or acute symtoms are crazy lol. Well I'm glad I didn't do subs or dope.. I stook to that Tram for assistance. God bless everyone.. Hope you have a great weekend.

Hey just remember Bhall99 you only have to go through this once. Try looking at this long nasty withdrawal as a blessing(crazy right). I guarantee you will think twice before ever relapsing with some dope. Just remind yourself if you get weak that each tie in wds is worse then the previous time.
I don't think that Tram will set you back!

Day 38 Heroin
Day 21 Suboxone
Day 5 Clonzepam
Day 2 Tramadol

I have yet to use any Heroin or suboxone through this Journey. Sorry for the late post, I have been very busy today. I didn't sleep to hot last night, and only symptoms I have felt are slight chills, The runs, and a very very very sensitive sense of smell? This started Yesterday. Also... I got a SLIGHT Euphoric feeling form my workout/sex yesterday... Usually its been DUMB.. I think my opiate receptors are healing and dopamine is starting to get released naturally again! :). Hope I can still help someone with all these posts. I will continue posting daily, even if nothing changes. I want to tell everyone exactly how I'm feeling. Much love, B.

Wow man, few people actually follow through with posting their accounts with detoxing. Glad you kept up with the post. Good info for other people attempting the same. Props

Day 39 Off Heroin
Day 22 off suboxone
Day 6 off Clonzepam
Day 3 off Tramadol

Today, I felt good most of the day, no runs yet today, that's only happend I think 1 day.. So that's improvement, although I felt the strange sinus pressure teeth/gum pain and got a 10-15 min bought of COLD CHILLS. This withdrawal thing is soo confusing. One day good, one day okay, one day bad.. You guys think I'm experiecing paws now? Or lingering Acute ?

paws, imo.

remember, going back now will only lead to much more misery. even once. dont you dare look back!

basically, you're dealing with real life now. you will be bolstered physically and mentally as time goes on, but it seems like ime you're in that transitional phase where opiates start becoming appealing again. please just. fucking. dont.

well done, mate. keep it up.

^^^Agreed. I don't think your looking to use again dude, but just don't. You are well past the acute stage!!

PAWS can take a tremendous time to heal. One foot after another. Don't expect it, but also don't be hard on yourself if you're feeling down. It's warranted while your receptors rebuild.

Remember what an enormous beast you've overcome & try to look for light & brightness in every single day.

Keep having sex & exercising, PM me for support always. (Though check my newest thread, not exactly hvng a ball). I'll always msg back.

Rtp ❤️

Day 40 off H!!!
Day 23 off sub
Day 4 off Benz.
Day 1 off Tram

Yes.. I used Tram again.. Only half of a 50mg pill.. .soo only 25mg of it...I don' thiink this is why I slept so good tho.I slept 8 1/2 hours last night!!! WOW... I woke up tired tho haa go figure, it was about double from what I've been getting. Symptoms today are only Cold chills randomly and fatigue. Not much to update.. Will continue to give everyone this real experience tho.

Day 41 off H
Day 24 off Sub
Day 5 off Benz
Day 2 off Tram.

Slept a solid 6 hours last night. Woke up with a few sneezes. Moderate fatigue. Depression. No anxiety today. That's all I have soo far. I went to the gym and did my normal Weight routine/Cardio afterwards. I have noticed I am not having cold hands/body temperature issues when exercising now. I use to be cold yet sweating while exercising. Now I feel warm again, and Like I use to when Exercising. That is a plus!

Day 41 off H
Day 24 off Sub
Day 5 off Benz
Day 2 off Tram.

Slept a solid 6 hours last night. Woke up with a few sneezes. Moderate fatigue. Depression. No anxiety today. That's all I have soo far. I went to the gym and did my normal Weight routine/Cardio afterwards. I have noticed I am not having cold hands/body temperature issues when exercising now. I use to be cold yet sweating while exercising. Now I feel warm again, and Like I use to when Exercising. That is a plus!
Sounds like you are through the worst congratulations! I have been following just too lazy to post. Just keep off and it will only get better from here on in. Anything wrong just assume it is fatigue or possible flu. Trust me worrying or even thinking enough about withdrawals can induce symptoms leading to more fear and panic attack easily misinterpreted if you are looking and expecting something happened.

Again though congratulations and while you are through the woods you still have a long path ahead where at least you can see far and wide. Just don't let all the space and opportunity overwhelm you pushing you to return to the forest known as the forestpiate where many enter while most get lost and hurt before escaping sometimes dieing in the forest. You escaped the forest once just don't ever return as even one step into the forest willl pull you back in as it is filled with tenticle like vines one would expect batmans rival poison ivy to produce that pull you back in. Those vines are called Sp. Dependionus Var. Addictionallus and once they grab you they will not let go and suck you dry unless you cut at it the right way, or else like a hydra two more vines will sprout from the cut pullling you in further. You need to cut it at it's root to knock out the rest that dies slowly once the root is cut then the hard part is letting the rest of the root dieing as not to harm oneself removing living roots still clinging deep inside you. Finally when free you must following the light at the end of the forest out, but there are many temptations them Dependionus Addictionallus will dangle in your path to pull you off the trail out only to ensnare you and pull you back to the forest center to continue to dry you out until you're just another forest tree. So just remember you have succeded and do not take even one step in.

I will add fearing medical opiate use and pain management with opiates I recommend against just before accepting any script inform your doctor of concerns of dependancy leading to addiction, but also plan and inform your doc you will have someone hold your meds for you if you can or else do weekly scripts like me or possibly seven one day prescription each instructed to fill onky after a certain date as opiate refills are not aloud so no one day prescription with 6 refills even though IMO would be a good way to script them.

Goodluck again on your path and congratulations on your achievement. Quitting opiates is not easy and you have successfully done just that even if minor PAWS are still present I am sure at this point you can just get that dirt off your shoulder (Might not fit, but just felt like dropping that new age classic)

Last edited:
I can't believe I have not posted this but, I can't stress how important it is to express your inner emotions. I just realized that When my Heroin habit started was when my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and it was un operable. After this happened my usage went to a all time high.. about 6-8 months of like 1g per day... and then after she passed away in July of Bile duct/liver cancer,I began using that 1g... Multiple times a day... to where I woke up and would be sick as a dog until I used.

I looked back at my old thread(Couple months ago, check it out) when I tested myself for withdrawal and day 2-3 I was completely better, and once I started using high dosages and MULTIPLE times a day is when I Think I changed my brain chemistry.. More so the multiple times vs the amount.. I think this is personal experience but I feel like everything went DOWN hill once I started using 3x per day vs 1 day a night at a high dosage. I just want people to be more aware of the reason they are using vs there "assumption" I think there is a deeper meaning a lot of the time, a root issue that needs to be addressed. Much love everyone. I'll update everyone in the morning.

Last edited:
I just want people to be more aware of the reason they are using vs there "assumption" I think there is a deeper meaning a lot of the time, a root issue that needs to be addressed.

I totally agree. There is responsible, recreational use, but it's rare. More often, we are trying to fill an empty hole in our "souls" (sorry for the empty reference, I just don't know how else to convey the concept). In this case we are using opiates to do so. Other people use other things from chocolate to video games and everything in between.

There are definitely underlying issues that germinate problematic substance (ab)use, and they vary from person to person.

Hey no worries Phil, I know what you mean. Ya I concur with your previous statement. One thing I am finding out and it's making me quite bitter, is the fact how uneducated everyone is with substance abuse or any mental issue/void. They all rationalize what THEY DO is not bad, and not like "DOING" drugs. Yet.. they go gamble every night after work.. or Online gaming every day. I think yes... Drugs are more dangerous, but it doesn't make it any different in terms of filling a void/issue that is deeply developed into our behaviors/habbits/mindset. Alcohol.. Cigs..Weed...Sex...Chocolate..Binge eating....Gambling...Gaming...etc..etc....etc.They all fill voids, and work on the pleasure hormones.. Dopamine, Serotonin etc... Just like anything else.(Yes there are exceptions, and people do it just for a hobby.. I understand that) I wish everyone understood this concept, I think soo many people would benefit and working in the depart of corrections, its sad to see that people are being sent to prison vs gaining sobriety. It's very tough to watch.

I wish we spent more government money for Long term rehabilitation clinics vs Just sending to jail/prison.. Yes they detox most of the time..but.. They can use in prison and.. it doesn't address that underlying issue that we talked about before. They come out and have same problems.. Go right back to what they know how to do to fill that void. Being the one to beat heroin has really opened my eyes to this.. and I want to help others, its possible, you CAN do it. You have to DIG deep into your soul and mind, and take it one day at a time. I actually used my mom as drive a lot of the time, I can either die with her, or get up and live for her. Ay men. Much love everyone.

Update per usual:

Day 42 off Heroin
Day 25 off Suboxone
Day 6 off Clonzepam
Day 3 off Tramadol.

I slept like dog shit last night, I got about 3 hours or so of sleep.. Woke up with Diahrrea, and sneezing. That went away quickly tho about 1 hour after waking up. Fatigue is present and this really strange anxiety feeling in my chest.. like its Localized behind my sternum(Mid chest) a vice grip feeling.. Anxiety? I wonder if it's my body withdrawaling from the Tramadol... It's gotta be! It's funny that these symtoms arn't bothering me as much anymore, because I want to get better soo bad!!!! I really really hope I can save someones life with this Thread. If anyone has any specific questions to anything... Please feel free to message me or w/e you would prefer. Again.. Much love everyone, stay strong.

Last edited:
Totally agreed on all points. Have you ever heard of a Dr. Named Gabor Mate? He's done a lot of work in regards to the subject we're discussing. I'd check him out, I bet you'll find him interesting.

Day 43 off H
Day 26 off Sub
Day 7 off Tram
Day 4 off Benz.

Slept a little bit better today, only symtoms within the last 10 hours has been Fatigue/Mental fogness.../Sneezing. Not too bad. I don't feel like I did last week, so I'm def improving. The runs has only happend 2x in the past 4 days

Sounds better and better everyday. Do you smoke cannabis? I find it helps me a ton, especially eating it. That should help u sleep much better.

And check out Gabor Maté!

Day 45 off H
Day 27 off Sub
Day 8 off Tram
Day 1 off Benz.

I don't smoke THC no.. I think it turns me off due to exercising and having my lungs feel jacked up... I think if It didn't do that I would try it. Speaking of sleep, if you didn't notice It says day 1 off benz again, its cuz I took one again to try and get some shut eye... The past 3 nights I've only got about an average of 3 hours. I'm falling asleep better, but waking up at like 2am.. and Can't fall back asleep..I don't know if this is just my insomniac ways, or if this is NORMAL during PAWS? Idk what else it could be. The only other thing I can say is my anxiety has gotten worse..almost feels like My heart may stop... like this RENCHING anxiety right int he middle of my chest. Hard to explain. I don't believe this is from my heart... Never felt this before. What's everyones thought on my two symtoms and that they are getting worse? Idk.. I don't get chills/runs/headache/teethache.. those things seem to be gone. Now the Sleep/Fatigue/Anxiety have heightened.

yeah, theyre still the withdrawals. they will improve. look into sleep hygiene for the insomnia.

I wouldn't consider that to withdrawal, it's just going to take you a while to sleep normally again. It's very draining after a while.

Also, when getting off drugs you're constantly thinking about how you feel and any feeling of crappiness or feeling uninterested in doing things is usually attributed to WD. It's important to remember that even if you're not on drugs anymore you're still going to feel crappy from time to time or feel bored. If you didn't experience any of these feelings before you started using, then you probably wouldn't have used in the first place or not used so much that it became an addiction.