• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Coming off 1 year .5 insuffulated Herion addicted. Using subs (HELP PLEASE)

I would get some THC edibles and take small doses through the day. It should help with the anxiety and the insomnia as well. And it wouldn't mess up your lungs.

I wouldn't consider that to withdrawal, it's just going to take you a while to sleep normally again. It's very draining after a while.

Also, when getting off drugs you're constantly thinking about how you feel and any feeling of crappiness or feeling uninterested in doing things is usually attributed to WD. It's important to remember that even if you're not on drugs anymore you're still going to feel crappy from time to time or feel bored. If you didn't experience any of these feelings before you started using, then you probably wouldn't have used in the first place or not used so much that it became an addiction.

^^this is also very true. but keep in mind that the post-acute withdrawal can be quite debilitating too and everyone's different. though you are gonna feel shit some days, the longer you go without using the better you'll feel.

Thanks everyone. These symtoms have not been here, espeically this Heart attach anxiety.. I have had insomnia... due to over-training on the CNS with working out... I wonder if my CNS is just sooo fituged. This whole process is CRAZY!

The lack of normal sleep schedule is due to opiates affecting your temporal clock which is your bodys normal wake/sleep cycle and more drugs will just its delay it being reset.It sucks but it takes time and it will come just keep up the positive attitude you've so far displayed and you will get through it.

Sup boys and girls. Today is day 4 of my detox/rapid taper. I'll be taking 2mg later in the day.

Its been a cakewalk and I haven't missed a wink of sleep. I feel like I'm cheating the cosmos.

I'm sure I'm in for some pain when I jump off the bupe but...at least I've slept the last few nights.

Phil that's awesome, hows that going?! Sorry for not posting for a few days, work has been crazy, and I've been doing pretty well other than Anxiety bouts/fatigue random sneezing. Really only symtoms I have lingering... and Depression some days.. it gets bad like, FUCK it mentality... Don't feel like being around people much on some days. I used another Clonzepam yesterday, but I've only used 1 of them like with 6-7 days in between, I think I'll be fine. I Only have 2 left, and have no way of getting more anyway. So that's good. I had a very bad anxiety(mid chest) feeling yesterday and I coudln't take it anymore, I was at work. Sleep has been interesting to say the least lately... Falling asleep fine, and having vivid dreams.. I usually never dream, or haven't in a long time. Getting about 4-5 hours of sleep a night, so thats a improvement as well. I've had a coupel nights where I fell back sleep after 2am... thats refresing as well. I have started to have the "Strong" feeling again, that I think I could use just once, and be able to stop, I wanted to share this feeling. I haven't acted upon it. Brain is trying to bring me to the dark side haha :). Too bad my bright side is stronger. I recently read a entire book by Gabor Mate called "In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts". It was an amazing read, really helps you understand addiction, and personality types. Thanks again for that Phil for the reccomendation.

Here is my Numbers

Day 49 off H
Day 31 off Sub
Day 12 off Tram
Day 1 off Benz

I hope everyone still follows this thread, I want to continue to reach out and help, and post this entire process! Have a good day everyone, be strong!

Fuck yeah you read Hungry Ghosts! Yeah man he knows what's up.

Its going swimmingly. Today is day 6. Bupe dose is 1mg but I feel like I can skip it. Sleep has been undisturbed. I'm stoked.

I think it was easier this time because the stuff I was getting was much weaker than before and I only binged for three weeks.

Definetly the less time you are back out using the shorter and less severe the detox,at least in my experience! I'm glad to see you taking back control of your lives I still struggle but the struggle is what makes life so interesting(lol). I don't fuck with opiates anymore(except rx which are under bosses ie wifes control) but other things I could clean up.
Bhall99 it's great to see you do so well and even though I don't know you or Phil(other then words that appear on a screen) I feel proud of both of you. Corny,right?

Not corny at all, conman! We've all been collaborating on a recovery support group via this thread. That's an awesome thing.

Phil that's awesome, hows that going?! Sorry for not posting for a few days, work has been crazy, and I've been doing pretty well other than Anxiety bouts/fatigue random sneezing. Really only symtoms I have lingering... and Depression some days.. it gets bad like, FUCK it mentality... Don't feel like being around people much on some days. I used another Clonzepam yesterday, but I've only used 1 of them like with 6-7 days in between, I think I'll be fine. I Only have 2 left, and have no way of getting more anyway. So that's good. I had a very bad anxiety(mid chest) feeling yesterday and I coudln't take it anymore, I was at work. Sleep has been interesting to say the least lately... Falling asleep fine, and having vivid dreams.. I usually never dream, or haven't in a long time. Getting about 4-5 hours of sleep a night, so thats a improvement as well. I've had a coupel nights where I fell back sleep after 2am... thats refresing as well. I have started to have the "Strong" feeling again, that I think I could use just once, and be able to stop, I wanted to share this feeling. I haven't acted upon it. Brain is trying to bring me to the dark side haha :). Too bad my bright side is stronger. I recently read a entire book by Gabor Mate called "In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts". It was an amazing read, really helps you understand addiction, and personality types. Thanks again for that Phil for the reccomendation.

Here is my Numbers

Day 49 off H
Day 31 off Sub
Day 12 off Tram
Day 1 off Benz

I hope everyone still follows this thread, I want to continue to reach out and help, and post this entire process! Have a good day everyone, be strong!

That anxiety feeling, the odd pressure in your chest, maybe from benzo paws, especially of the clonazepam resolves it. How often have you been taking benzos before you quit opiates? Klonopin has a pretty long half life and the withdrawals from it begin to peak a week or two after being clean from them.

Ive experienced similar chest pain during benzo paws/withdrawals from small benzo habits. Benzo paws can have all sorts of really odd withdrawal symptoms.

Pbuilder: Umm only used about 3x a week on nights I coudln't sleep, then when I was detoxing I was using for about 2 weeks. Never every day tho. about 1mg at a time. Nothing too crazy....

Update: Sorry again for the few skipped days. I will update everyone on everything the past few days.

Day 54 off Heroin
Day 35 off Sub
Day 17 off Tram
Day 6 off Benzo
Day 1 off Oxy

Yes.. yes.. you read that right, I felt powerful and fell into the trap. I used 50mg oxy last night.. I didn't go out for it, it like showed up in my face... friend brought it over, and remembers I use to use. When it was in front of my face, I felt SOOO powerless... It's like a obsessive compulsive desc.. I could not stop myself, at least this time. Today is day 1 off it.. funny thing is I feel slight withdrawal just off 1 use... Yawning/cold chills is it.. but still... lol thats crazy 1 dose and BAM a little withdrawal is back. I've still been clean off EVERYTHING stated above still. I just wanted to be honest and share what I have been doing and did. God bless everyone...

Pbuilder: Umm only used about 3x a week on nights I coudln't sleep, then when I was detoxing I was using for about 2 weeks. Never every day tho. about 1mg at a time. Nothing too crazy....

Update: Sorry again for the few skipped days. I will update everyone on everything the past few days.

Day 54 off Heroin
Day 35 off Sub
Day 17 off Tram
Day 6 off Benzo
Day 1 off Oxy

Yes.. yes.. you read that right, I felt powerful and fell into the trap. I used 50mg oxy last night.. I didn't go out for it, it like showed up in my face... friend brought it over, and remembers I use to use. When it was in front of my face, I felt SOOO powerless... It's like a obsessive compulsive desc.. I could not stop myself, at least this time. Today is day 1 off it.. funny thing is I feel slight withdrawal just off 1 use... Yawning/cold chills is it.. but still... lol thats crazy 1 dose and BAM a little withdrawal is back. I've still been clean off EVERYTHING stated above still. I just wanted to be honest and share what I have been doing and did. God bless everyone...

I think you have minor benzo paws, if you could get your hands on some valium i would start at like 2.5 mg for 5 days, then 2mg for 5 days, then 1.5mg for 5 days etc.

When you get clean this shit has an amazing way of just showing up and usually free. You need to stay on guard and don't let your defenses down(easier said then done, I know). Stay strong!

Yep! I never once came across free stuff while I "WANTED" to use.. More like couldn't get even for a lot lol!!! So why the hell am I experiencing rebound withdrawal? Seriously? It's almost funny.. Like my body just remembers like it was yesterday, and it restarted things.. Probably go away much much much much quicker tho then before right? I only know the 3/1 rule.... Idk how 1 time did this lol. I was good for about 3-4 days straight beforehand with minimal symptoms basically everything went away except Insomnia/Fatigue/ Random chills.

When I would relapse on heroin even after months off 1 day is all it would take to feel shitty again,though not as severe and definetly didn't last as long. I believe the 3 day rule is absolute bullshit!

Becareful ,a lot of old friends(use this term lightly) who are fucking up can't wait to turn you on to some drugs. They can't stand to see someone getting their shit together(misery loves company) and after you get fucked up with them they start circulating the word amongst the old junky crew that you aren't sober and how they knew you were full of shit.
I'm not saying this was your friends intent but I have seen it many times!

yeah man, try and avoid situations like that in future. i don't think youll feel much withdrawal from the oxy at all but please don't do this again or you probably will.

you may still be feeling some minor benzo withdrawal which will be over soon.

i think you're still experiencing paws, for which time is the only major cure.

Update Everyone:

Day 55 off H
Day 36 off Sub
Day 18 off Tram
Day 7 off Benz
Day 2 off Oxy

I am still having slight heightened withdrawl from my binge the other day.... What is crazy is last time I got clean from the gear, It tooks WEEKS to get out of my body... I tested my self last night.. Day 1 off it.. It was already out of my system!! wth??!?!?! Why do you guys think this is? Freaking crazy

Did your drug test specifically test for oxy(don't answer this because no testing questions,don't want you to get this taken down just wanted to give you info)? Oxy won't come up as opiates or morphine. But having said that it is a vey fast metabolizer and it's possible it could be out of your system.