• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Psychedelics & Alcohol

i have drank on the come down of LSD, and thought that is was a great time. in fact i thought it was a lot better then being sketched out for 4 hours

Alcohol + psychedelics = a great way to have a bad trip

I mean think about it, alcohol is a powerful depressant that in large doses tends to make one very stupid, sadly nostalgic and weepy. I can see how psychedelics could potentiate that in a bad way and before you know it you're all weepy and depressed for the rest of the trip.

^ Taking a CNS depressant doesn't result in depression, in fact these two terms are completely unrelated. Alcohol can actually have antidepressant effects in proper doses!

Last edited:
For awhile alcohol accompanied all of my psychdelics, and in my experience a low ammount of alcohol helps in terms of avoiding a bad trip. For many psychedelics I like them even more with a little booze, I dont even find 5-meo-amt enjoyable without the aid of alcohol. One thing I dont like is that large ammounts of alcohol will de-psychedlicify a trip a little bit, just makes it less intense.

I have combined alcohol with shrooms a few times.

The first time was on the come up and I only had like one or 2 440ml cans of bourbon and coke and started to feel very nauseas and uncomfortable and had to stop drinking and go lie down for like 10 minutes. After I laid down for a while I was fine.

The second time I was coming down off shrooms and I consumed about 5 or 6 of the same 440ml bourbon and coke cans and ended up with a very weird drunk feeling where I was talking complete shit and acting like an idiot. It was alright, it certainly wasn't unpleasant and it was a feeling unlike tripping or being drunk.

The third time was the last time I tripped on shrooms. Having been off marijuana for a few months and relying on alcohol and/or depressants to sleep at night when my trip wore off I downed 10mg of valium with a generous helping of straight vodka in a glass. I was slightly tripping so it is hard to know exactly how much vodka it was but I would estimate 4-6 standard measures. This just made me feel the usual relaxed and helped me sleep.

I have no experience combining alcohol with research chemicals but I have drawn the conclusion the effects can vary a lot when using mushrooms but they have never for me been overly negative.

^ Taking a CNS depressant doesn't result in depression, in fact these two terms are completely unrelated. Alcohol can actually have antidepressant effects in proper doses!

Exactly, it really varies person to person, and in fact alcohol experience can be affected a great deal by set and setting. Personally having a few drinks (or even more than a few) makes me relaxed and a little euphoric, and I love combining that with LSD or mushrooms in the right situation. Obviously if alcohol makes you depressed or lethargic in a sober state it's gonna be a lot worse while tripping.

Wine + Psychedelics are actually alright. Really smooths out the come up of a trip, but I'm just talking about a nice glass of Red Wine or two after dosing.

Don't have any experience with Psychedelics + Beer or Liquor. I really don't imagine them mixing well, because it's a different type of intoxication effect than what Wine gives. Although, I know plenty of people who enjoy Beer + Psilocybes, and handle it well.

^ Yeah, I've drunk beer during my mushroom experiences. Not much, maybe 1 or 2 beers in total sipped whenever I would get thirsty. It was pretty enjoyable, but probably no significant psychoactive effects were experienced from such low amounts. These days I just prefer sipping on still water or juice or ice tea during the trip, I find that my stomach agrees with still drinks better when I'm on shrooms.

^ Yeah, I've drunk beer during my mushroom experiences. Not much, maybe 1 or 2 beers in total sipped whenever I would get thirsty. It was pretty enjoyable, but probably no significant psychoactive effects were experienced from such low amounts. These days I just prefer sipping on still water or juice or ice tea during the trip, I find that my stomach agrees with still drinks better when I'm on shrooms.

Personally I prefer Orange Juice, or Vitamin Water myself with psychedelics or MDMA.

Then after one night of MDA, with a lady and a box o' Wine; I couldn't believe how much it changed the aspect to MDxx. So I then started to experiment with Wine + Mushrooms / other Psychedelics.

Seems on Mushrooms and Psychedelics though, a glass of wine can take 2+ hours to drink. So like you noted, low amounts and sipping are relatively safe when combining with Wine/Beer.

I suspect it's because the Goddess has denied these veteran partiers true psychedelia and given over a cheap body buzz instead... which is apparently what they wanted in the first place...

Bit of a sweeping statement that and one with exceptions even if there is probably some truth to it in some cases. True psychedelia is most certainly not given up or denied in return for a body buzz cheap or otherwise just because somebody drinks whilst on a psychedelic. Sometimes, a nice cold beer just tastes good and refreshing is all :)

I often drink on psyches, not often in any great amount but a couple of beers or glasses of wine often go down well and don't take anything away from the trip that I've noticed. Excessive amounts of alcohol combined with psyches can get very messy for sure, and is maybe more along the fucked-up road than the psychedelic one. Even that has its place sometimes though, in my opinion.

It's maybe not an ideal combo - and clearly not everyone enjoys it - but some do and I don't see that there's any great problem with that. If it doesn't appeal, or has some kind of negative consequences as some here have noted, then don't drink. Each to their own and all that :)

I guess I'm the only one that loves to drink while on psychs.
Well, mostly acid..
sorry
ressurection

from time to time, i can immensely enjoy sipping a glass of red wine (the only alcoholic beverage i like) while floating through swirly land. Only quality wine though (read: expensive bottle), and never more then one glass.

I cannot trip WITHOUT alcohol as a lubricant, especially have to start with 4-5 drinks before dropping... Makes it heaps better, and drink again on the comedown.

If you can't handle it, there's something wrong with you. It takes the edge off, and makes me relaxed instead of anxiety. Whats wrong with that?

Alcohol is notorious for lowering one's inhibitions. This effect can sometimes help me enjoy my trips more, maybe accept my trips more, as I tend to be very anxious during comes and until just after the peak. Mushrooms tend to upset my stomach, so I don't tend to mix alcohol with them, usually just acid. I would be cautious about mixing it with RCs. And too much booze before a trip might cause you to dose too much, dose when you really shouldn't, etc. b/c of the lowered inhibitions thing. It definitely caused me to have a train wreak of a trip, which I otherwise probably could have handled and turned positive had I not been close to blackout drunk. Though as long as you don't end up dead, seriously injured, or in jail, it couldn't have been that bad of a trip ;)

I'd only drink booze if the sound of the taste of a particular drink was appealing at the time. I remember one night I made some bailey's irish cream + whiskey + starbucks double espresso for us when we were a few hours into an LSD journey and at the time they were extra extra nice. We drank less to be drunk but more for the taste, and stopped after no more than 2 drinks, might have just been one I can't remember. It was good.

If you can't handle it, there's something wrong with you. It takes the edge off, and makes me relaxed instead of anxiety. Whats wrong with that?

Definitely nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't go so far as to say that there's something "wrong" with those who can't handle it however. Different people respond to drugs (booze especially) very diversely.

Alcohol before LSD?

So im used to rolling where i drink some alcohol before dropping and it feels waaay better. I feel less anxious and the roll always hits me better when i have a little buzz. Is it the same for lsd? I always feel so nervous and anxious before taking lsd, i was wondering if some alcohol before, like wine, would help ease down the anxiety of a bad trip and help me enjoy the experience better? OR would it fuck up the experience? I dont really know about the interactions with alcohol and lsd.
Im not talking about getting drunk, just some wine to warm up before? Does it dull the experience?
Thks