• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Psychedelics & Alcohol

I drink a lot too mate, as long as you don't get totally smashed whilst tripping you'll be fine.
I find alcohol has the same effects while tripping - numbing, relaxing and more sociable - so it actually helps me when in a club/pub/party whilst tripping - I get a little anxious being around large groups of people I don't know while tripping, so drinking, for me, helps.

I've never taken benzos and had anti-anxiety pharms a few times but not in combination with a psychadelic so I can't comment other than to say from what I've read and others have said it's a good way to stop someone from 'tripping out'.

If you're good with E (I've never had a bad MDMA experience - quite the opposite) then I'd take that to lift my mood and make the trip better, but that's just me being a candyflipper ;)

^^ yeah but E is also quite anxiety giving around people that you're not totally cool with... So what would E+mushrooms give in such a situation?

I pretty much always drink while tripping. A little on the comeup and alot on the comedown

I used to find the typical disinhibition that alcohol produces quite ugly when I first started tripping. I am generally a very sensitive person and found that for years priot to that I had been using alcohol to cover that sensitivity . . .

after a few years of very limited psychedelic use I have of late started to use tryptamines and phenethylamines fairly often, and I now find that a few drinks do take the edge off it (as really it is diametrically opposed, in my book) . . . alcohol makes me see less but allows me to be cocksure... while tripping I seem to see so much but get quite uncertain . . .

anyway I do enjoy having a few drinks while tripping, around just pre-peak or perhaps early post-peak time is a good time for me to start . . . I may sometimes have one drink or so prior to ingestion to soften the edges . . . but I agree with gloggawogga that it kind of dulls/limits the experience somewhat, it is less full, banishes the fear, which - despite the discomfort it causes me, is an element I choose to experience for it is part of me . . .

anyway, these days when I just drink, I become incredibly euphoric and outspoken (almost like when I was a teen and first started using alcohol for precisely those reasons) . . . this return of said effects is quite recent and I suspect it may be due to having mixed drinks with E and a couple of 4-Ho/Aco compounds as well as with 2c-d with beneficial (as in very euphoric yet serene... if such a combo exists I have experienced it) effects.

as I write this I have had 4 beers and decided against tripping tonight . . . had planned to trip but want a purer, clearer experience. Plus I have had a hard time before, ingesting a psy while roaring drunk already, it turned all sour after the drinks wore off...

orange said:
I am a heavy drinker and am wondering if I can use alcohol instead of
tranq/benzos? The reasons are that I am very experienced with alcohol and know at a subconscious level how to drink and how much I am drinking, so even if I am really tripped out I think I can control how much I drink. I have never had a full blow panic attack on psychadelics and do not have much experience with Benzos. Is the extra kick they provide something I would need?

Yeh alchohol will work work to calm your self down, to a lesser extent then benzo's. Just take into consideration the dangers of both substances . . . if you don't panic on psychs then I doubt you'll need that 'extra kick'. But if you were panicking, I think a benzo would be a more appealing optionthen having to skull a few shots of vodka/whatever.

Sometimes I find that beer tastes like shit, particularly if I'm on acid . . .

:)

For me it really depends on the psychedelic in questions, as well as the booze in question. With mushrooms, I really enjoy drinking nice, cold quality beer... usually one about 10 minutes or so after ingestion. For me it seems to quell the potential for nausea (I know that seems counterintuitive) and help me ease into the psychedelic mindframe. After the tip-top of the peak I enjoy drinking one or two more said beers at a slow easy pace (usually while dancing like a madman). Sometimes chugging a beer then forgetting you even drank it can provide a nice little mellow grinniness at the peak of a trip and provide for a more sociable experience.

Acid: Usually avoid the liquor until about an hour or two after the peak... then some kind of booze can go down. I really like ICE COLD bloody marys made with HIGH QUALITY vodka, a gintonic, or a FREEZING COLD JAGER SHOT. Those are about the only things I'd drink. One time ar a Japanese outdoor psytrance fest I took a slam of some Japanese hippy's home-made absinthe on acid and nearly vomited. But I held my ground and the absinthe had a very nice mellow synergistic effect!

Dont drink too much on psychedelics. For the reasons stated by my fellow posters.

On RCs/mescaline: Nothing
MDMA: Perhaps an ice-cold Heieneken (can)

When I'm coming down from mushrooms, I have to have a Heineken. It's a must.

Bass Pale Ale goes good with a comedown too. Stay away from domestic piss beer, though

Alcohol + Psychedelics.

Alright, i have a series of different stories that i would enjoy to communicate with all of you, i feel someone should try to document the experience, and make it known, that certain research chemicals must become toxic or something when added to alcohol.

My aunt, shes 27 years old, healthy female, shes a smoker,
Consumed 15mg of 2c-e for the 3rd time in 2 months. Only on this evening
She drinks some vodka. She has a depressive episode which bouts most of the trip and it made her completely dislike 2c-e.

My Uncle, drank 1 beer before consuming 4-aco-dmt, and had a crying fit about his Father, who had passed on years ago. YEARs ago, this wasn't something recent. And if it was something that was plaguing his mind, or even if it was the annverisary of his death, someone would have known and comforted him about it, we are a close family.

My Friend Johnny Recently consumed 25mgs of 4-ho-mipt, and spent the afternoon with me, before returning home. Once he arrived home he drank 2 beers back to back to try to help him sleep, and this morning woke up in the hospital. He had a Blackout and his roommates caught him walking around outside naked. The Peak of the trip had passed a long time ago. I was there with him, i consumed the exact same amount AS him we peaked together and we were experiencing trip remnants. He says he has absolutely no recollection of starting a fight with his roommates who were just trying to get him back inside to put some clothes on, and it was the police that was called by a neighbor who ended up calling an ambulence and taking him to the hospital.

I'm trying to come to terms with this as being more than just a freak occurance, but i think the depressant qualities of alcohol can be far greater and influence even the tail end of a psychedelic trip far more than we could possibly know. I know some people are drinkers, that is their marijuana, but all of these people that i have told you about are not occassional drinkers, they drink once in a blue moon.

I think for people who are not used to the kind of depressing//downer feeling that is associated with alcohol while experiencing a high dose psychedelic experience can in fact cause a negative experience.

I've watched it happen more times then i would like to continue witnessing.
Every time i've always told my friends or any associate of mine who is going to be taking one of these experience to mostly start off the trip in the comfort of my home, for the simple fact, its clean there is a nice atmosphere and i have more music that what most people even know about, so its easy to keep someone entertained while they are here and to make them feel at home.

Once i know the peak has ended and they are capable of going back home or out into the world on their own, then, that is fine. But my whole concept is, i've watched over most of these people, i've documented and experienced enough trips in my time, to know that mostly all of the people who have consumed alcohol during the experience or prior have had it negatively effect their trip.

I'm not trying to knock drinking.
To each their own, but i think someone should document this.
Alcohol + RC's = a gamble

I've combined a number of both traditional and relatively unstudied psychedelics and have not had an emotional breakdown of psychotic break. Hell, the worst I've had from combining them is a hangover (knock on wood...). I have been around a large ammount of others who seem to get too much personal baggage coming to the surface with the combo though.

I see it happen regularly with a friend of mine. If she's just on LSD she's fine, even combining LSD and MDMA she usually has no problems.. but when i've observed her after consuming alcohol and LSD she goes into an emotional spiral of negative thoughts towards the end of the trip.

The last time she went into the bathroom and cried for about 20mins.. (This was only from 2 tabs and probably 3-4 shots of vodka) I've seen her on 600+ug of just liquid and her have no problem at all.

That said i've seen other people which have absolutely no problem with the combo.

Alcohol + Tryptamines = Bad.

Ive seen people drink and use LSD, Mushrooms, LSA. Without fail the trip didn't go smoothly.
Alcohol shuts off the logic processor in your brain... which IMO is ESSENTIAL for a trip. You can't integrate the experience properly if your logic center is dampered or off.

Alcohol + psychedelics = not good. No good experiences of the combination here.

I loathe alcohol, it is the anti-psychedelic.

I always see lots of people tripping and drinking at psyparties however... they seem to be able to handle themselves but I suspect it's because the Goddess has denied these veteran partiers true psychedelia and given over a cheap body buzz instead... which is apparently what they wanted in the first place...

If I take psychedelics at a party I nearly always drink on top of it. The worst episodes Ive had from that combo is utterly confusion and a few black outs, but thats something I can get from alcohol alone. However the trip gets very pointless and I cant take anything back with me. Its pretty damn funny, but thats about it. No deep or meaningfull experiences. Ive seen loads of people combining alcohol and psychedelics and they mostly behave themselves as any other person on psychedelics.

I guess this is more a question of who these people are than the combination itself. I think the risk associated with the combination of psychedelics and alcohol is no more a risk than mixing it with other drugs.

^agreed, everyone is different. Ill combind alcohol with mescaline, but ive just never felt inclined to mix it with anything else. Its always gone smoothly for me.

alcohol (a shot of tequila) allways relaxes me if I know for a fact that I am gettin clean acid. Dunno how it would react with shrooms etc. Drinking more than a shot or two, in my opinion, kills the point of the trip.

That is very different. I occasionally will have a small drink containing maybe a shot and half or 2 before a trip just to calm my nerves but that is not the same as consuming alcohol during the whole trip and in large quantities, which for me is any more than that 2 shots. ;)
But yeah, I agree that it kills the trip and really doesn't do anything positive for the experience.

I sometimes like to drink alcohol on a tail end of an LSD trip to take off the rough edge of acid comedown, it's comparable to other depressants (such as benzodiazepines) in that aspect. During the peak, I prefer to stay sober, because I find that alcohol dulls down the really interesting effects of psychedelics.

I used to drink quite a lot when tripping, alwyas enjoyed it- basically hedonism really, but still fun. That said, I certainy had some pretty emootional endings to some of these experiences; fuck who wants to be tripping while a hangover is starting to kick in? :\ That said, one of the best experiences I've had with LSD at least was taking about 500ug when pretty damn drunkk...But on that night I was a happy drunk and ended up having a beautiful and gratyfyiing trip :)

Though nowadays I very very rarely drink; I've drunk I think twice in the last 9 months or so, and usually low amounts. Booze turns me nutty so I just steeer cleaar.

Psychonautical, I would say that what occurred with your uncle and auntty is not too extreme; psychedelics can certainly unleash a lot of pent up fear or anxiety and sadness; but that process, while painfull, is usually quite beneficial- facing up to problems seems like the besst way to start solving them. As to your friend, that may just be one ofthose weird things psychedelics can do. For sure a reason to be cautious as ever, but I don't think its neccesarily just alcohol in your OP.

But yeah, fucking ddrinking, its shite....Though, on occasion, its alrite...

ive drank quite a bit before - during and after tripping with no effects like that maybe they just had some shit on their minds and the alcohol brought it out?

Ive never had a problem with drinking on psychedelics. Ive drank before after and during trips to the point where i was intoxicated. In my opinion drinking and acid are great together, you can drink a shit load plus your tripping. I enjoy going to parties tripping and taking in the sights and sounds haha.