• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine

htina9200

Bluelighter
(*Big edit*) I am trying to wean myself off them by taking less and less each day. Cheers for any help offered.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to quit you need to forget ever getting high on it again. Tapering down and then getting high just once in a while as a treat doesn't worker at all. Ever. Never.
You can go so slow you barely feel anything if you just drop a couple mg a week. Just never go back up in dose.
When you're taking like 30mg a day switch to Immodium to help with the shits and wean off that. Maybe get some diazepam for the last week to help with sleep and anxiety.

To be honest with codeine you're basically fine after a week whatever disE youre on if you just cold turkey. Get 2 weeks off work and some comfort meds like diazepam or pregabs and spend a week relaxing with books/movies/walks/baths and lots of shitting. Eat well, exercise gently and get some isotonic drinks to help with the electrolyte depletion feom the sweating and shitting.

Good luck!

Yeh, codeine is actually quite easy to wean off quickly. Though your mind will tell you otherwise...

Yeah using DHC daily was actually really easy in comparison to harder opiates....

We don't allow sourcing, this is a harm reduction site, we aren't here to help people acquire drugs
I'm sorry, when I read back that is what it sounds like but I assumed you were mostly in America and not the UK. I am trying to come off them

Hi I only get 60 tablets a week and I can take 10 in one go but then a few more later that day so I run out. I don't always get them. IThank you

Oh ok. And how many pills do you take per day? How much codeine did these pills contain?

Hi I only get 60 tablets a week and I can take 10 in one go but then a few more later that day so I run out. I don't always get them. IThank you
Oh ok. And how many pills do you take per day? How much codeine did these pills contain?
I'm going to hazzard a guess that they are 30 mg Codeine tablets... If he's in the UK? The maximum prescribed daily dosage is 2 x 30 mg 4 times per day = 240 mg. But he/she says he can take 10 or more per day... so has obviously built up a tolerance..

The good news is Codeine is probably one of the easier Opiates to withdraw from. But can still be pretty nasty! The only way to make it less uncomfortable will be to taper your dose. At what rate I'm not sure..? Hopefully somebody else with more experience of abusing/withdrawing from Codeine can help.

Good luck.

I'm going to hazzard a guess that they are 30 mg Codeine tablets... If he's in the UK? The maximum prescribed daily dosage is 2 x 30 mg 4 times per day = 240 mg. But he/she says he can take 10 or more per day... so has obviously built up a tolerance..

The good news is Codeine is probably one of the easier Opiates to withdraw from. But can still be pretty nasty! The only way to make it less uncomfortable will be to taper your dose. At what rate I'm not sure..? Hopefully somebody else with more experience of abusing/withdrawing from Codeine can help.

Good luck.

That is to say >300 mg. of codeine per day. I also think that with willpower and a clever tapper, it shouldn't be hard to quit. :love:

At what rate? It will depend a lot on how long you are taking it. For the same reason we need more info OP @htina9200 to help you better. The less time, the better and shorter the tapper will be.

I have also read that codeine is one of the easier opioids to withdraw/quit. But each person is a different world.

Good luck.
Thank you, I managed not to take any for a month but then my pain kicked back in so I got another script and then another

Thank you, I managed not to take any for a month but then my pain kicked back in so I got another script and then another
Did you suffer any withdrawals during that one month break? If you can keep off them for 1 month I believe that you're not physically dependent/or you have broken your phsyically dependence?

Seems you have a high Codeine tolerance though.. I really don't know what to suggest other than stronger Opiates which will just end you up in an even bigger hole! Although you shouldn't have to live in pain....

Speak to you Doctor. Best of luck ;)

Yeah what kind of pain are you taking them for. Opiates areally lovely but they don't kill pain that effectively for very long. Physical therapy may be a way better option.
As I said if you are truly dome with opiates you can't dabble. To get over them you need to be fully off they for months it years.
And trust me codeine won't keep pain at bay for long. Tolerance rises and you end up taking them just to not be a sweaty, snotty, suffering mess. Opiates suck when you've been on them a while.

I'm on mrthanone 85mg a day and if I wanna get high I have to take 250mg minimum which would kill 5 normal people without medical attention. And all I feel is a little warmth. Quit now man. Opiates have taken fucking everything from me.

@htina9200 I agree with the others, opioids are just a band-aid patch. You should tell us what pain it is that you have, my pal.

Contrary to the others, 300 mg. codeine daily doesn't seem like much to me. Damn it! I have heard stories of people here taking 700 mg. or more codeine daily. If you still want to quit it, it shouldn't be too difficult. Only the psychological symptoms can be a bit strong, but with a lot of willpower you can quit for good, bro.

That is to say >300 mg. of codeine per day. I also think that with willpower and a clever tapper, it shouldn't be hard to quit. :love:

At what rate? It will depend a lot on how long you are taking it. For the same reason we need more info OP @htina9200 to help you better. The less time, the better and shorter the tapper will be.

I have also read that codeine is one of the easier opioids to withdraw/quit. But each person is a different world.
Hi, I have been taking them for years for pain but taking the higher dose for about a year, I managed for about a month but then needed them for pain again but ended up using far too much of it again. Thanks for your help.

Did you suffer any withdrawals during that one month break? If you can keep off them for 1 month I believe that you're not physically dependent/or you have broken your phsyically dependence?

Seems you have a high Codeine tolerance though.. I really don't know what to suggest other than stronger Opiates which will just end you up in an even bigger hole! Although you shouldn't have to live in pain....

Hi, yes i suffered horrible withdrawl symptoms, I couldnt sleep, had the runs, felt like KI had flu and could hardly make the bed. I thought about it constantly and knew I could get another script, which I did eventually and took a load as soon as I got them. I felt so shit that I had no self control.

Hi, yes i suffered horrible withdrawl symptoms, I couldnt sleep, had the runs, felt like KI had flu and could hardly make the bed. I thought about it constantly and knew I could get another script, which I did eventually and took a load as soon as I got them. I felt so shit that I had no self control.