• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine

Hi I was just re reading your list of pain relief and wonder how you get your GP to help you that much. When I speak to mine they say to try and just take 2 in the morning and 2 at bedtime and just use paracetamol and ibuprofen during the day. I don't think they get the pain I am in. I have already had new joints in and I'm convinced I'm getting arthritis in other parts of my body. My fingers are starting to bend on the ends, my mother has fingers that point in all different directions so I think I am probably following suit. I don't understand why the GP is just like take paracetamol and you should be ok. I was thinking about saving money and going for a private MRI to see what they would say. Thanks for commenting

Is there ketoprofen in the UK?

It appears to be stronger than paracetamol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen.

Is there ketoprofen in the UK?

It appears to be stronger than paracetamol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen.

Hi, no I haven't ever heard of that. Naproxen gives me terrible heartburn all the time

Hi, no I haven't ever heard of that. Naproxen gives me terrible heartburn all the time

At least when I had my lower back hernia (l5s1), ketoprofen was the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) that worked best for me. It's available in the UK as Ketoflam and Oruvail. The thing is, I don't know if it will be OTC or prescription there. In the United States, until recently it was OTC but now that has changed.

Maybe take kratom?

It's definitely less addictive than codeine and I have heard good comments about its pain-killing properties.

Idk just an idea.
Where I recide opioids are a no go. So Kratom is a very logical advise.

Codeine disappeared OTC years ago, before I had the chance to enjoy it. Now when in pain there is paracetamol and the -profen's.

Harder opiods are only prescribed to kids that break their arm. Oxycodone and such strong shit.

Where I recide opioids are a no go. So Kratom is a very logical advise.

Codeine disappeared OTC years ago, before I had the chance to enjoy it. Now when in pain there is paracetamol and the -profen's.

Harder opiods are only prescribed to kids that break their arm. Oxycodone and such strong shit.

Dark times appear to be approaching, where opioids will only be prescribed in very "rare" cases.

In other countries, ketoprofen is not very used, right? In Chile it's quite popular. And here if you break an arm, you will most likely be prescribed ketoprofen, ice and rest. :LOL:

Dark times appear to be approaching, where opioids will only be prescribed in very "rare" cases.

In other countries, ketoprofen is not very used, right? In Chile it's quite popular. And here if you break an arm, you will most likely be prescribed ketoprofen, ice and rest. :LOL:
As far as pain relief taken as a serieus part of medicin, I would wish so. But in general as rule of thumb they defy laws of sincerity. And that includes pain relief.

But ketoprofen is on the shelve over here so its used in other parts of the world. if its anything like Naproxen or Diclofenac I 'll pass. I contemplating if I would rather swallow a knife. That painful it was

As far as pain relief taken as a serieus part of medicin, I would wish so. But in general as rule of thumb they defy laws of sincerity. And that includes pain relief.

But ketoprofen is on the shelve over here so its used in other parts of the world. if its anything like Naproxen or Diclofenac I 'll pass. I contemplating if I would rather swallow a knife. That painful it was

I've never taken naproxen so I couldn't compare it, but at least according to this study it's a little better than diclofenac as a pain reliever.

I mean, it's not an opioid painkiller, but for an NSAID I think it's pretty good when you don't have any other options. :LOL: At least for my herniated disc pain it helped on the days when I didn't feel SO MUCH pain.

If you do commit to cutting down try to hold out as long as possible before dosing this is very important you should really wait until night time if you can't then have 2 tabs when you wake up then do your normal dose in the evening 2-3 hours before bed
Hi, I have treid messaging you, could you give me more ideas about this. thanks

Hi I was just re reading your list of pain relief and wonder how you get your GP to help you that much. When I speak to mine they say to try and just take 2 in the morning and 2 at bedtime and just use paracetamol and ibuprofen during the day. I don't think they get the pain I am in. I have already had new joints in and I'm convinced I'm getting arthritis in other parts of my body. My fingers are starting to bend on the ends, my mother has fingers that point in all different directions so I think I am probably following suit. I don't understand why the GP is just like take paracetamol and you should be ok. I was thinking about saving money and going for a private MRI to see what they would say. Thanks for commenting

It wasn't easy getting the pain relief I needed, I had to jump through hoops and even bring my family to my appointments and many months of trial and error. GPs are shit scared of opioids and for good reason and I think theres new guidelines on the prescribing of opioids in the UK, my prescription pre-dates these guidelines.