Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine Extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurofen+ not splitable, but?

[EDIT: Threads merged. hoptis]

I know they are combined now Ibu/Codeine, but if dissolved in warm water does the Ibu drop to the bottom like Paracetmol? and the Codeine remains in the water?

Used to split em' a couple years ago, but am thinking of gettin some and trying this.

Will it work? can you seperate Ibu/Codeine in Nuro+?

may have been covered, but wana get some soon, and wanted a fresh update.

:) ya all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man,
Yeah you can do the cold water extraction with N+. Just make sure the water's ice-cold when you filter it to minimise the total amount of ibuprofen in the final yield. Personally, I prefer to do it with paracetamol/codeine tablets because there is less binder in those. I find that the extra binder in N+ tends to soak up much more water making filtration take much longer and harder to get a substantial yield. You can find step by step instructions just about anywhere on the net telling you how much water to use, etc... Just put "cold water extraction" into a search engine. Please be careful though, if you don't do it right you could OD on paracetamol- I've heard it's not much fun!

"I find that the extra binder in N+ tends to soak up much more water making filtration take much longer and harder to get a substantial yield"

EXACTLY what i just read where some dudes Ibu gank absorbed all his water and he got bugger all filtered solution.

I put the pills in a glass warm water, disolve, then freezer it, so i can see all the Apap at the bottom of the glass and clear liquid above, then usually just slowly drink the water, leaving the visible Apap behind.

Was feeling bored/tense so i went down the chemist and got a pack of 12-only size available, Panadeine+ with 15mgs Codeine=180mgs Codeine.

It's been a while since i had a decent Codeine dose so feeling fairly relaxed. But i and others lament the loss of splitables Nuro+, it was so easy and fast to get a dose, and 600mgs Codeine for $20NZ 48s,

The company were stupid to reformulating them, prolly lost a lot of business in sales, maybe they were forced to? who knows.

It lead to a nasty Codeine addiction 3 years ago thou, 4-5 boxes a week often, but i had some great times after work with 3-400mgs Codeine+a few Valiums, melted the stresses away without the messiness of booze, and the restfull sleep!! great.

Yeah man, it's a beautiful feeling isn't it.

I love taking it at about 8am on a Sunday morning on a totally empty stomach and then nodding for about 2 or 3 hours. Absolute and total bliss!!! The other thing I love doing is downing a whole lot and then just veging out and watching a movie.

Good for me though that I work full time and have am generally busy doing other stuff most weeknights otherwise I'd be doing it every day - I only get a chance to use codeine once or twice a week. I never knew about the splittable N+ but I'm sure I would've abused it if I had've known (it just sounds too much easier than a CWE).

Only thing I'd suggest you do is filter your APAP. Perhaps I'm being paranoid, but it just sounds risky drinking it down without filtering it first. Plus, if you filter it, you can then squeeze out much more water.

Cheers bro

I filtered half thru paper towels and saw the apap, then when drinking the other half, left the apap in the glass bottom. A pack only contains 6grms apap, and i prolly consumed far less than what would be in 1 500mg pill, you can see the majority of the apap and there was inconsequential sediment in the water, people take like 10, 5/500 Vicodins at once iv read here, and it's safe to take 4 grms in one day according to the box.

scream said:
I put the pills in a glass warm water
It's cold water extraction, not warm. I know you put it in the freezer afterwards, but that's pretty useless after initially using warm water. The warmer the water, the more ibuprofen dissolved, that's why you start with cold water. If you did this to speed up the dissolving process of the tablets, there's no need, they are usually completely dissolved after 5-10 mins.

EJ said:
It's cold water extraction, not warm. I know you put it in the freezer afterwards, but that's pretty useless after initially using warm water

Sorry buddy, but you're wrong...

As the water changes from warm to cold the dissolved ibuprofen precipitates out. The solubility of something is dependent on what the temperature is at any given time, not what it was.

Hey everyone,

I do this procedure quite often. I have it pretty down pat so I thought I'd share the process.

I basically buy two packets of Panadeine 15, most chemists are cool with this but if they seem unsure just turn on the charm and say it's just more practical to buy two because you use them alot for back pain. I've never been knocked back using this line.

I use something similiar to this: http://images.google.com.au/images?...://www.bookofjoe.com/images/jhkjhklughikh.jpg

I will put the pills in normal temp water, about a quarter of a glass should be enough, definitely no more then this. Leave it in the fridge for about 15-20 mins. The paracetamol, filler etc should be at the bottom. Try and pour as much of the solution without the gunk into the filter. I now will add some more water to the cup with the para in it, swirl it round and put that back in the fridge, wait another 15.. you get the idea. I may do this two, three times depending how I'm feeing at the time.

Let it filter through. If done correctly you will have a clear solution, slightly bitter to drink.

I have done this for awhile (6 months, on average twice a week) now and have just recently had a check up on my liver. Everything came back fine :)

In my opinion this is the best way to do it and can be accomplished in under an hour. In fact, I did it about an hour ago and am feeling pretty good.

Tortoise said:

As the water changes from warm to cold the dissolved ibuprofen precipitates out. The solubility of something is dependent on what the temperature is at any given time, not what it was.

Hes right. To me dissolving in warm water first is a waste of time. I use normal tap water, and thats good enough to dissolve them in 5 mins with some stirring.

DoctorShop said:
Hey everyone,

I do this procedure quite often. I have it pretty down pat so I thought I'd share the process.

I basically buy two packets of Panadeine 15, most chemists are cool with this but if they seem unsure just turn on the charm and say it's just more practical to buy two because you use them alot for back pain....

Just curious. Why would you buy 2 packs of P15 for a total of 360mg codeine when 2 packs of regular strong pain tablets (500APAP/10mg codeine) contains 480mg codeine and is gonna be cheaper?

Because I'm a dumbass? I can't even remember why now. Using Chemists Own brand now.

Tortoise said:

If that's the case, then I stand corrected.

But then, does that mean if you initially used boiling water to dissolve the pills, then chucked the solution in the freezer till it was ice cool, you'd still just have codiene solution? Because that seems very sketchy to me.

No, don't use boiling water as that will destroy the Codiene. Codiene's solubility goes up as the water cools, so its best (imho) to start with tap temperature water. If you start with freezing water the it just becomes more difficult to get the tablets to dissolve.

Here are some approximate figures that BigTrancer originally posted for solubility:

Solubility of miscellaneous substances in 100ml of pure water
Name 31°C water 21°C water
Aspirin 1g 0.33g
Ibuprofen <1g <1g
Paracetamol 1.43g 0.66g
Codeine 43.48g 142.86g

Last edited:
I don't understand how the solubility of Codeine can go up as the water gets colder. Can anyone verify that this is true?

static_mind said:
I don't understand how the solubility of Codeine can go up as the water gets colder. Can anyone verify that this is true?
I'm not sure either... Although it doesn't really matter, suffice to say that virtually all the codeine you'll want or need will dissolve in even the tiniest amount of water at any drinkable temperature.

seperating DHC from from water soluble aspirin, eg Codox.
Aspirin will degrade in temps above 40c i think.Any ideas?

has anyone extracted codeine from para with calcium hydroxide method, forms insoluble calcium ester of paracetamol, apparently?

thats the first time ive heard about that. It doesnt sound right, but ill see if i can dig anything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.