Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine Extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i normally just throw in 30-40 pills (panadeine) in a glass, pour about 70-80ml of room temp water then stir till its dissolved

ill give the berocca thing a try tonight, thanks for the idea :)

how long does it take for the codeine to kick in for you guys? for me its bout 40mins or so, then the 'high' sort of comes and goes in waves. if you get what i mean?

in the interest of harm reduction take half your normal dose. It gives quite a kick

edit:for codeine that is

Last night when I got home from the pub I set about to do an extraction but had no coffee filters left. So I decided to substitute and used a folded napkin. Now to my suprise the filtrate came out CRYSTAL CLEAR as opposed to useing coffee filters which have a slight whiteish tint. The glass looked identical to just a glass of water.

I highly reccomend that people try useing a napkin and see if the get the same results.

Napkin=Crystal clear filtrate
Coffee filter=Slighly whiteish filtrate

So let us know how you go with your napkins :)

i noticed that when getting to the end of the filtration the water takes ages to filter through and if u try to force it the filter breaks, is there a way to speed up the process?

try this guys, try squeezing it through a shirt or something, just to get rid of the gunk, then put it through the filter to make sure its filtered properly

I honestly cannot see how you can get a clear filtrate from N+.

I have tried just about everything. But everytime I do an extraction I get very much of the ibuprofen out. Ive tried to test how good my extractions are by leaving the container alone for a day or two (at room temp) as the ibuprofen will sink to the bottom. And there is very very little. So I think im doing a good job but why is it still cloudy. Could it be the fillers or just the tiny amount that gets dissolved anyway?

I save the filtrate after the extraction and let it dry. If I had the proper scales I could get a rough idea of how much I actually get out but unfortunately thats not an option.

Ok say SWIM tryed a cold water extraction for the first time a few weeks back, and when he did it he tryed to rush it alittle and put it on a large stainless steal tray and put it under the griller.
He walked away for alittle bit say 2 minutes or even less and when he got back it had gone brown and when he scrapped it off the tray it was a sorta brown gooey powdery substance.
The codeine shouldn't cum out that way should it??? and after it has been filtered wat should the water look like because mine was really misty with alot of white particals moving through it.

Not a good idea to heat it. Codeine breaks down easily. Why not just drink the filtrate?

What are you extracting from? Its alright to not come out with a clear filtrate. Obviusly its better not to have a white/cloudy solution. I use N+ and I have never ended up with a clear solution (i have come close) but maybe its just fillers? I dont know. I never get an upset stomach from it. Then again I only use about 180-200mg along with antihistamines. So its not the end of the world if you dont have a clear filtrate, I guess it depends which source your using.

As for the brown colour, i have no idea. Codeine is a white powder, so is APAP, ibuprofen etc. Maybe the products that have been broken down.

I cannot stress enough to be patient when doing any chemical experiments, thats when things go wrong. It only takes 30 mins tops to dissolve/filter/drink the solution so why not just do that?

Oh and its better to pop the solution in the fridge for 5-10 mins before filtering. Codeine dissolves easier in colder water than APAP etc. Especially where I live (N Queensland) it gets bloody hot

just read the thread on how to split a N+ pill, realised that thread was 2 years old and was wondering if that method still works or they've changed the structure of the pill, etc...

BingoBango said:
just read the thread on how to split a N+ pill, realised that thread was 2 years old and was wondering if that method still works or they've changed the structure of the pill, etc...

Yes they changed this a long time ago. I wish you could stil do that

Say you have filtered out the binder and the ibuprofen and just have the cloudy water left with the codeine, Would you be able to put it in the microwave to evaporate the water??? or is there some way you would be able to evaporate the water faster then just leaving it in the sun or whatever.
And would the heat from the microwave or whatever destroy the codeine seeing as it break down easily???

mushi mushi 88 said:
Say you have filtered out the binder and the ibuprofen and just have the cloudy water left with the codeine, Would you be able to put it in the microwave to evaporate the water??? or is there some way you would be able to evaporate the water faster then just leaving it in the sun or whatever.
And would the heat from the microwave or whatever destroy the codeine seeing as it break down easily???

I answered this question for your last post......

dont put it in the microwave

OK then so if you cant put it in the microwave is there any way of evaporating the water quickly or sort of fast anyways so that you are just left with the codeine powder???

Because it would be much better to be able to just cap the powder up then having to drink all the water.

I think your best bet will me out in the sun. Even though it says on codeines MSDS that its stable but light sensitive. This is tricky as getting water to evaporate without heating takes ages anyway. You cannot be impatient doing this.

You mentioned 'all the water'. How much water do you use?? I always end up with 2 standard shots worth that i flush down with soft drink.. Its so much easier just drinking the extraction. And besides even if you evaporate it all you will not end up with just codeine at the end. Drinking the water will absorb quicker into your system than powder in a cap.

Sure it will be easier to just take a cap, but its the effort put in to get the cap in the first place. Therefor ultimately it will not be easier.

ooooh wait i get it. Have you been using 2ml water per 1mg of codeine that ive seen posted on here? Thats ridiculous. I use about 75 ml for 10-14 N+ tablets (12.8mg codeine each). It all dissolves and no affect in my dose. (i only need 120-180mg to get where i want to be as i use it with an antihistamine)

I found a good way to evaporate without heat/light is just to put ur solution in something with a big surface area and have a little fan or something similar blow air onto it. You can evaporate the water away relatively quickly. And if u just set this up on a dark cupboard or something you wont have to worry about light at all. works for me. Then put the remaining crystal/powder into gelcaps and do with it what you please.

is it possible to do a simple acid-base extraction or will that just remove binders and extract the APAP along with codiene. i thought that if this worked u'd get a completely clean product which would remove most of the major health risks associated with obtaining codiene from this source.

It is possible.
But to make it worth while there are some setbacks.

i would recommend using dichloromethane or chloroform as it gets you a better yield than other solvents (seems to be with most opios/opiates) or you could go for ether but that might not be the best way to go.

also sodium hydroxide will react with paracetamol. Instead i would use something like sodium carbonate.

If your worried about yield (you should be if your gonna go to the trouble of doing this) then it wouldnt be simple compared to a water extraction. It is very possible to do a decent water extraction with very little APAP present. And honestly i think doing an acid base extraction is a waste of time unless you are going to use the codeine for other things.. then you would need pure codeine.

If you dissolve codeine in warm water and then cool it down to 10°C there will be fuckall left dissolved. And also the amount of water used plays a part in it. Use as little as possible as codeine has a high solubility than APAP.
I agree there are health risks but i wouldnt call them major.

thanks for that, i might give extracting pure codiene a shot in the future when i can be bothered going to that effort mainly for the fact that i can put a lot thru and save the yeild for other days so i dont have to repeatedly do the CWE method

Doing an N+ extraction I have never had a pure clear filtrate. Useing Panafen Plus however does. Iv had it look like a glass of water.

Its cheaper too.

And 10c goes to breast cancer. I havent tried Panafen but you say its clear eh. Il give it a go. Atm im trying to do a water extraction and then evaporate the water. Im not expecting the end yield to be as great as a normal extraction but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.