Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine & CWE Megathread: Version II - [insert witty title]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

it's kind of possible that the stronger opiates (especially the bupe) have altered your tolerance enough so as to make cody completely uinefective at any dose...happened to me :)

but regarding the possibility that you had a new/different formulation tabs from the chemist.

This can be a massive issue and it's not overly mentioned in the CWE-threads so here goes

I don't know enough to go into psecific brands or even specific formulations but I do know for sure that some OTC cody + parra/ibu tabs are forul;ated in a such a way that CWE does not work to safely separate cody from the poison.

so the tabs you had trouble with might have been the kind that aren't CWE-able, which can be a real problem as they were the parra kind so death might have been a tad close.

junkie scumbag wrote:
"slightly yellow/goldish looked like there was a bit of olive oil or something in there"

were the tabs yellow? when you say "olive oil" I take it you mean the yellow colour of the solution?...or was the actual oil floating on top of the water?

anyway, really I just wanted to write about how easy it can be to make a lethal mistake with paracetamol...it's possible you wouldn't even know for a couple of days :(

Hi

it's kind of possible that the stronger opiates (especially the bupe) have altered your tolerance enough so as to make cody completely uinefective at any dose...happened to me :)

but regarding the possibility that you had a new/different formulation tabs from the chemist.

This can be a massive issue and it's not overly mentioned in the CWE-threads so here goes

I don't know enough to go into psecific brands or even specific formulations but I do know for sure that some OTC cody + parra/ibu tabs are forul;ated in a such a way that CWE does not work to safely separate cody from the poison.

so the tabs you had trouble with might have been the kind that aren't CWE-able, which can be a real problem as they were the parra kind so death might have been a tad close.

junkie scumbag wrote:
"slightly yellow/goldish looked like there was a bit of olive oil or something in there"

were the tabs yellow? when you say "olive oil" I take it you mean the yellow colour of the solution?...or was the actual oil floating on top of the water?

anyway, really I just wanted to write about how easy it can be to make a lethal mistake with paracetamol...it's possible you wouldn't even know for a couple of days :(

yeah i agree that my tolly would be up but i had the same dose of my usual brand about 2 weeks before and almost got a histamine reaction and was very very out of it,when i say it looked like there was olive oil in it i mean the color and the look of oil in the water.i dont think i will ever use that brand again.

The only thing I've noticed recently is that some of the house chemist brand ones take forever to filter.

It's shit when your in a hurry, usually screws with my potentiating doses too.

The only thing I've noticed recently is that some of the house chemist brand ones take forever to filter.

It's shit when your in a hurry, usually screws with my potentiating doses too.

yeah these ones took for ever to dissolve and filter the whole extraction took pretty much a hour-a hour n a half thhen after all that effort i didint get any buzz boy that pissed me off.i forgot to mention i had 5mg of valium and 15mg of oxeapam to potentate and it did fuck all

I've still managed to get high off these kind of tabs. I probably dont end up with as much codeine in the end, I blame that on my impatience.

Anyone tried Rikodeine before? It's an OTC cough medicine with dihydrocodeine and sorbitol in it.

Have tried it again after a few years, drank the whole 200mL bottle (380mg DHC total) with a small dose of codeine as chaser to stop any diarrhea. At first gave me significant nausea but managed not to throw up. About 30-40 minutes later I was pretty much borderline nodding. Only other downside is it made me ridiculously tired.

It isn't something I would do regularly due to the nausea and yuck taste, but is always there as an option. I actually much prefer just taking a nice solid dose of codeine, it gives me a clearer head than this stuff.

Any way to easily extract the DHC to avoid the sorbitol effects completely?

Anyone tried Rikodeine before? It's an OTC cough medicine with dihydrocodeine and sorbitol in it.

Have tried it again after a few years, drank the whole 200mL bottle (380mg DHC total) with a small dose of codeine as chaser to stop any diarrhea. At first gave me significant nausea but managed not to throw up. About 30-40 minutes later I was pretty much borderline nodding. Only other downside is it made me ridiculously tired.

It isn't something I would do regularly due to the nausea and yuck taste, but is always there as an option. I actually much prefer just taking a nice solid dose of codeine, it gives me a clearer head than this stuff.

I used to drink the cough syrup a lot and enjoyed it immensely, more so then codeine. I could even have half a bottle and enjoy myself. Used to share with a friend. Easy to buy in WA but in Victoria they are really funny about it and try and push non opiate cough syrups onto you. Also, isn't it only by prescription now? I could be wrong.

Last edited:

not to my knowledge. not like dxm.
this stuff has been discussed ad infinitum on Aus DD. you would be able to find it by doing an 'advanced search' and specifying this forum.
the consensus among a lot of folk seemed to be that the sorbitol's bloating and gastrointestinal discomfort make rikodeine a lousy option. perhaps some people are more sensitive to the effects of sorbitol than others, but it was never worth it for me the bunch of times i did it.

^ I didn't find it so bad. Then again, I wasn't doing it everyday, only when nothing else was on the table at the time.

Also, isn't it only by prescription now?

It might be a state thing but you can definitely still get it OTC in NSW. But yeah they can be a bit funny about it and have occasionally heard pharmacists requiring a script before selling it, but that's clearly their prerogative.

It depends on the person and their circumstances. I was constipated as hell due to using heroin, oxy, etc at the time so if anything it helped me ;)

However, I had a friend who did not use opiates and tried it out and it made her have diarrhea and start throwing up.

yeah, if you're not already using heaps of opiates - thus constipated - liquid faeces and churning, gurgling belly seems to be a pretty frequent experience. loperamide is probably a better option in desperate times.
i did quite enjoy the high of DHC in comparison to codeine though. other people seem to report that it is no better than - or even not as good as codeine. i guess it depends what you're using it for, what your tolerance is like, whether you are using it habitually and a whole lot of other factors.
it's not in my list of fall-back narcotics though, for what it's worth.

from a HR perspective, i'm not sure that ingesting large amounts of sorbitol regularly is healthy in the long or short term. whether its side-effects are negated by other opiate use or not...i can't imagine your digestive system would cope too well with long term use of this stuff.
it messes with your absorption of the DHC as well...

Like mentioned in previous thread codeine and dxm does nothing for me sadly, started to add bout 60ml of rikodeine and boy it does take u to another level. It potentiates the codeine a lot, u get the runs but its not that bad. Ull need to go to the toilet once n thats it, its not like u will shit ur pants because after u went u will be fine and wont need to go anymore. I suppose its different for everyone though. Considering it gets u incredibly high with codeine and dxm its well worth it:) By the way its OTC and no one asks questions. Just ask for it specifically and tell them its for a dry cough. So e asy to get, I always buy a bottle of Robitussin, pack of codeine and Rikodeine no questions asked, they prob know but a lot dont care LOL The older female pharmacists are the bitches haha

I'm a bit worried about doing this, what would be the best amount to start off with? I have some 500/8 codeine paracetamol tablets. I have never tried codeine before so my tolerance should be 0. I'm just a bit worried I'll fuck it up. Is it easy to fuck up? I've heard alot of horror stories about doing this but they were other sites and youtube, so I'm not sure...

It is dangerous yes, especially if you end up using it every day. If you follow the instructions in this thread and you should be fine. Make sure the water is cold and only use a very small amount. That original name brand dissolves quickly without needing much water (2ml a pill for me).

If you are not sure about the end product, refiller and have another look.

A CWE CARRIED OUT ON TABLETS THAT CONTAIN PARACETAMOL 500mg & codeine phosphate 8-30mg IS POTENTIALLY EXTREMELY DANGEROUS :( :( ONE MISTAKE WITH PARACETAMOL CAN EASILY BE FATAL OR HURT YOU SO BAD YOU ARE SICK FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE :( :( :(

NOT JUST LONG TERM USE IS FATAL OR DANGEROUS, A SINGLE CWE "DOSE" COULD EASILY KILL A MAN.

You'l read a lot of people that want to reassure you and themselves it's safe but there is no valid reason for why it would safe for you to attempt this, considering how toxic paracetamol is. It is not uncommon for people to report a complete lack of appreciation for just how many things could go wrong during a CWE and anyone of them could easily kill or seriously injure.

I don't want to say that ibuprofen is safer, it is much more difficult to kill your self outright with ibuprophen + codeine tabs in your first dose like it is with paracetamol +codeine tabs.

It's just that ibupropen is a potent inducer of cardiovascular disease and gastrointestinal ulcers with regular use and all kinds of other bad stuff.

Unfortunately I have not ever read anything that validly argues against the need for such strong warnings about CWE of OTC codeine+ poison tablets. It's definitely not the same as taking just plain codeine, no matter how well the CWE was carried out it will contain significant amounts of poison.

Last edited:
As usual, the above poster has overreacted regarding this particular subject. I

It is dangerous, yes, a bloody monkey knows that. A single CWE could kill you, but you would need to REALLY fuck up

Follow the instructions on the first page of this thread and the risk is mitigated.

My liver is a-ok after getting hooked on this shit.

basically if you have to ask about how to do a CWE and then print out a CWE-procedure and try to follow it you are at am extreme risk. The only way to at least be confident about your CWE is to;

have a thorough working understanding of key chemcial-pysical concepts that make a CWE "work". Concept such as solubility and all factors that effect the solubility of a given substance in a given solvent.

have a thorough appreciation of the toxicology and pharmacology in general of all the drugs in your OTC.

I have been vague because I have wasted many hours of time in the past stating rock solid and obvious fact about CWE only to be insulted for my trouble by people who clearly not only do not understand the basics of how and why a CWE might be possible to carry out safely, they seem to be also hell bent on ignoring or refusing to read any facts of medical science I describe for them or post links to....LOL it's almost like those types feel some kind of need to defend factual errors as if they were akin to a family member or something it makes sense to defend attacks against.

Status
Not open for further replies.