• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine & CWE (aka cdub) Megathread: third time's the charm

Just wondering if anyone can suggest what sort of dose would be good for me. My codeine tolerance can get quite high when using continually, but when it's just now and then it goes way back down to pretty low. haven't had any recently and i tend to start at 90 mg. feels nice but could be better. in comparison, i feel pretty great having 120 mg dihydrocodeine. i was just wondering how much more codeine i should have to get more enjoyable effects but not overdo it and feel sick? i'm thinking something like 150 mg, to me codeine is a bit weaker than dihydrocodeine. does this amount sound about right?

^ Personally I think 180mg of codeine is probably more comparable to 120mg DHC going from memory on conversion charts, although I always found DHC more subtle and less enjoyable than codeine.

If you are particularly prone to suffering nausea from opiates at a dose that isn't overly euphoric you might consider using an antihistamine to counteract the negative side effects, bear in mind that if you were to use a sedating antihistamine you should start with a lower dose of your chosen opiate/opioid since the additional sedative will potentiate it. It is also worth noting that some antihistamines inhibit the enzyme responsible for converting codeine to morphine (CYP2D6), a notable example of this would be promethazine, which for some strange reason seems to be a popular drug to use with codeine in the US.

Definitely found the right dose last night, I have some experience with opiates but would not say I have a high tolerance.
I am around 6 ft and 83kg.

T 0:00 - 3 x Rennie (i.e. Tums)
T 0:15 - 1 x Travacalm tablet (50mg dimenhydrinate, 0.mg hyoscine hydrobromide, 20mg caffeine)
T 0:30 - 300 mg Codeine

The dimenhydrinate IMO is better than phenergan as it is less drowsy. The amount of caffeine is miniscule, it's the equivalent of about half a can of coke.
If I take codeine without an antihistamine I get a stiff neck for some reason, I suppose the release of histamine as a reaction to the codeine.
I do not have this problem with any of the strong opiates like oxy or smack.

Every time I've had blood tests, everything has been fine. I haven't done anything differently, however I've had a combination of dull liver pain and heartburn. Nothing too painful, over had far worse heartburn in my life. I know I have to see a doctor, but had anyone ever had this before?

Definitely found the right dose last night, I have some experience with opiates but would not say I have a high tolerance.
I am around 6 ft and 83kg.

T 0:00 - 3 x Rennie (i.e. Tums)
T 0:15 - 1 x Travacalm tablet (50mg dimenhydrinate, 0.mg hyoscine hydrobromide, 20mg caffeine)
T 0:30 - 300 mg Codeine

The dimenhydrinate IMO is better than phenergan as it is less drowsy. The amount of caffeine is miniscule, it's the equivalent of about half a can of coke.
If I take codeine without an antihistamine I get a stiff neck for some reason, I suppose the release of histamine as a reaction to the codeine.
I do not have this problem with any of the strong opiates like oxy or smack.

Travacalm is my favourite anti histamine to use with opiates as well; I find it potentiates well and also is the most effective for me at combating nausea. For me it's always taken awhile to kick in though, about 45mins to 1hr, so I'd dose around about that length of time before using opies. Apologies if I'm stating something you already know here but in terms of penergan/promethazine, as drug_mentor mentioned just above it hinders the conversion codeine to morphine so taking it before codeine is likely to significantly reduce your high, which is another reason I agree dimenhydrinate beats phenergan when it comes to anti histamines and codeine.

If you're interested in potentiators too and you haven't already given it a whirl, try taking about 30-60mg of dxm aroundabout 15 mins before dosing your cdub. IME it is the best potentiator and can make a significant difference to your high.

only said:
I don't get lax about extractions again. I'm going to try to get off starting Monday. They set me up with suboxone treatment but I don't want to go that far, a friend of mine told me to combine safe doses of a combo of panadeine extra and nurofen + , 3 times a day and gradually reducing. Instead of doing the one or two big doses a day, and that this method helps because if you bust you don't get the full effect anyway because of time between doses. And apparently he felt no wds . Any thoughts?

How's the taper going? If I may ask, what kind of doses/frequency were you using?

My advice from my experience would be that long, gradual tapers sound appealing but at some point mean you're just dragging out the pain. I think extending the time between doses is a lot more effective than a regime of frequent but diminishing doses. Rather than dropping 100mg a day, for example, I think skipping a day between doses lends itself to faster recovery.

Last edited:
Well my taper was going well, didn't geek a thing. Didn't have too much craving really, but II had a few drinks one night and slipped up. Running isn't too good, but I liked doing it that way and I'll try again after the weekend.

I have a question, I'm in New Zealand. I have been prescribed paracetamol 500 mg / codeine phosphate hemihydrate 8 mg. Is there a difference between codeine phosphate and codeine phosphate hemihydrate? I've read differing opinions, I know about the extra water molecules thing making hemihydrate different, that also makes sense, HYDRATE lol. I was prescribed this for neck and lower back pain which i've had for 8 years now, but hardly ever get prescribed anything because i'm at uni doctors so clearly us students must all be drug addicts if we ask for pills (yeah that's why we're working hard at uni, logic: these doctors have none). I prefer just pure codeine phosphate and have previously been prescribed codeine (don't remember the dose per tablet) and paracetamol 450 mg / codeine phosphate 9.5 mg / Doxylamine Succinate 5mg. A 80 - 100 mg dose of codeine works well for me. I am aware of the liver damage etc dangers of too much paracetamol though. I have read on here some where that a dose of 10 000 mg paracetamol is dangerous. Is 5000 mg fine though or what dose is safe? I've done that many times before but I don't want to take chances any more. I've tried a CWE before but i think i messed up some how, would rather not waste my meds by trying and failing again. Maybe I will try one more time though. I have 100 of these tablets so not that much. Thanks a lot for any help and answers.

People have had severe damage from less than 2g of apap - though that's a rarity, eg people with hepatitis, heavy drinkers etc.

The max dose used to be 1g at once or 4g a day but that was reduced recently in the US. 5g is likely to cause some problems though probably not fatal, unless repeated, while 10g in one dose and I think you are likely to run into serious issues.

As for the hemihydrate, have not found it makes any difference - with a CWE you'd be mixing with water anyway, so the molecule would become fully hydrated - have not found that pills with codeine hemidydrate dissolve any differently, in fact the apap doesn't dissolve if you do the CWE right, if the pills did dissolve completely you would be best advised to throw away the mixture!

Please don't ingest 5-10g of apap.

A quick message to all ya'll codeine imbibers.

Please don't move further up the opiate ladder!

I've been clean from all opiates for 22 days, and in reflection, I consider how lucky I was to only have access to codeine (and PST, oxy, and fent, but that's a different story.)

My point is...codeine is a wonderfully subtle yet potent substance which should be appreciated! It's cheap, OTC and relatively safe if you can CWE respectably, but DON'T use that as an excuse for regular use!

I buggered up a many-year long recreational relationship with opiates by thinking it was "no big deal" to use whenever I wanted.

IT IS.

Respect the substance!

We're lucky enough to have it.

Please use responsibly.

thanks infectedmushroom,

its always wise to occasionally pinch yourself as a user and 'open' your eyes, get a good dose of reality. Taking a step back and realising that as a drug user, you have put yourself in a circumstance that requires the utmost respect/vigilence.

Not just to uphold personal hygiene, but to also relay the message to society that a balanced lifestyle can be achieved as a drug user. This means you reap the rewards of your DOC with minimal side effects, and you have the opportunity to develop into a respected member of the community.

This sort of ideology is precisely the silent mechanism that can have the potential to sway societies view on drug prohibition.

^ Personally I think 180mg of codeine is probably more comparable to 120mg DHC going from memory on conversion charts, although I always found DHC more subtle and less enjoyable than codeine.

If you are particularly prone to suffering nausea from opiates at a dose that isn't overly euphoric you might consider using an antihistamine to counteract the negative side effects, bear in mind that if you were to use a sedating antihistamine you should start with a lower dose of your chosen opiate/opioid since the additional sedative will potentiate it. It is also worth noting that some antihistamines inhibit the enzyme responsible for converting codeine to morphine (CYP2D6), a notable example of this would be promethazine, which for some strange reason seems to be a popular drug to use with codeine in the US.

Since starting on a methadone programme, mainly through my lack of availibility to get the hidiously high amount of oxy I was using a day since the powers that be woke up to me having been doctor shopping a heap of doctors for years, but now I'm on it I find I'm don't miss the oxy much :-S I think it comes from not having the stress of worrying about what will happen if I'm court etc., plus I wasn't getting high anymore since they changed to the OP formula so it was all just maitence anyway... guess that's probably why it was such an easy switch to methadone.

Anyway, I digress, but the revelant part of my ramblings to this thread is I find promethazine to be great to both use while using codeine or other opiates in maybe a 50mg (usually two tablet) range, or 100mg by itself in the evenings when I'm REALLY wanting to high off some oxy, as after 1.5 hours or so I'm fast asleep and it keeps me asleep for 12 hours if I want, which means If I'm having bad cravings at 8pm I can take the tablets and wake when it's time for me to go collect my next methadone dose.

And yes, it DOES help majorly with both nausea and itching associated with opiates!

Your on MMT but 100mg of codeine gets you high?

Fuck. After a LARGE oxy habit I wouldn't have thought codeine would even touch the sides.

Have you been off methadone for a while or something, there's something I'm missing here.

You sure the prometh wasent just potentiating the methadone in some way? I've heard it can confuse (in a way, inhibit?) codeine metabolism, therefor getting less of an opiate high, and more of an antihistamine knock-out?

Just querying, I have no experience with methadone, so don't know it's exact actions . But have read plenty on what I'm referring to here.

thanks infectedmushroom,

its always wise to occasionally pinch yourself as a user and 'open' your eyes, get a good dose of reality. Taking a step back and realising that as a drug user, you have put yourself in a circumstance that requires the utmost respect/vigilence.

Not just to uphold personal hygiene, but to also relay the message to society that a balanced lifestyle can be achieved as a drug user. This means you reap the rewards of your DOC with minimal side effects, and you have the opportunity to develop into a respected member of the community.

This sort of ideology is precisely the silent mechanism that can have the potential to sway societies view on drug prohibition.

Nailed it mate.

Sometimes it takes more than a pinch however, in my case it was a full on kick to the head.

Sometimes you need it though.

Consider yourself lucky you have the constitution/fortitude to keep it "occasional." Most of us can't. :)
Heh, yeah well it is pretty delicious. I think though it isn't really to do with will power/self control or constitution/fortitude as you put it (it obviously plays a part, but there must be more to it I think). I reckon there must be something in each person causing addictive personalities etc with each person having different levels. Some people just don't get easily addicted to things, whereas others are more susceptible regardless of their general self control. I have no idea if that's true, it's just what makes most sense to me based on my experience and seeing friends experience.

I've even had crystal meth a few times now and found it absolutely insane. Epic craving to consume more while on it. However I had no trouble at all simply not consuming more. I actually have some a few points left over and pipe just sitting here...but haven't had any in months and don't have any trouble resisting it. Other friends who enjoy the crystal are basically in disbelief when I tell them this haha, they reckon it's impossible. Plus like a couple years back I was nodding on oxy daily for around 6 weeks straight when I had a bunch of prescriptions, and just quit cold turkey a couple days before uni started, without any issue, even with more left over to take if I wanted. My theory is just my brain has a super low susceptibility to addiction in general, because while I consider myself to have decent self control, I'm certainly not anything exceptional, I procrastinate uni work, I often skip gym and eat an epic meal instead, etc lol.

That said, I haven't tried heroin as am scared that may have the power to take me over...probably best to just never find out i guess!

Last edited:
I have a quick question regarding codeine and benzos. I'm currently on 20mg a day diazepam (10mg morning, 10mg night) and usually i'll stick to this although some days where I have nothing that causes anxiety to do I will not take my dose to save for some recreational fun. Opiates have never been my thing (get extremely sick from nearly everything, except codeine). I know that mixing two CNS depressants is a big no-no, but how safe would I be to consume say 20mg diazepam and a CWE of 200mg of codeine? I have absolutely no tolerance to opiates and 200mg is usually enough for me to feel euphoric and relax. My tolerance to diazepam is quite high (70 - 100mg being a recreational dose). I have a day off coming up and decided i'd like some stress relief, would 20mg diazepam and 200mg codeine be safe? Could I even take 40mg Diazepam and 200mg codeine and be safe or is this overdose territory, I am really naive when it comes to opiates and nearly died off of 40mg of oxy a year or so back.

^ If 200mg is your usual dose of codeine then the smart move would be to dial it back a little, maybe down to 150mg to test the waters. Usually if someone insists on polydrug use, I suggest they take half their usual dose of each drug, but it sounds to me like you are pretty experienced with both codeine and diazepam and your daily dose of diazepam is not particularly high for your tolerance. Stick to 20mg of diazepam the first time, you can always take more but you can't take less.

Personally I think too much benzo starts to compete with codeine and makes it a less enjoyable opiate experience, I think 40mg would be shooting it a bit high in terms of getting maximum enjoyment from the buzz. Apart from that, 40mg is about half a typical recreational benzo dose for you and if you were to dose this high I would suggest dialling the codeine down to 100-120mg instead of 150mg.

I certainly don't want to encourage anyone to use opiates and benzodiazepines together but in my experience somebody who knows what they are doing and has a good bit of experience with both drugs can use diazepam and codeine together pretty safely with a bit of common sense, neither of them are particularly strong in the scheme of their respective classes of drugs, particularly codeine.

Last edited:
cwe solpadeine max red capsules tablets

Hi i am new to this forum. I will explain how i do my cwe first.

I normally use 20 cocodamol/paracetamol 8mg codeine and 500mg paracetamol or apap.

I crush my pills in a pestle and mortar then transfer them to a folded bit of paper and pour in to a glass of tap water which i let run to get really cold.

I then add the pills to the water and stir.

I use extra strong paper towels. 2 squares folded twice.

I put one filter on the clean glass and shape the other paper towel in to a won ton shape and then i filter everything in the glass.

This has worked fine for me. i sometimes get a cloudy mixture but not enough to worry.

Thing is i would like to use solpadeine max red tablets as they have 12.8mg of codeine.
Can this be done?

Will the water be red but clear?

I must add i have used them before and it was a horrible cloudy red which i threw down the sink so i dont really wanna be doing this again.

Do you have any tips and experiences with cwe on solpadeine max red tablets? And if so what was your method?

Kind Regards

Thing is i would like to use solpadeine max red tablets as they have 12.8mg of codeine.
Can this be done?

Will the water be red but clear?

I must add i have used them before and it was a horrible cloudy red which i threw down the sink so i dont really wanna be doing this again.

Do you have any tips and experiences with cwe on solpadeine max red tablets? And if so what was your method?

Kind Regards

I don't think they're available here in Australia. I would avoid them just because it might be hard to tell how cloudy it is if the red colouring obscures things.

If your water was a bit cloudier than usual, are you really gonna pour all of your codeine down the sink? A second filter might help but unless you've used a stupid amount of water (12.78mg/mL at 20 degrees) I doubt there's a harmful level of APAP in there unless you filtered it with a colander..

A few years ago, I learned about CWE from this website, and it was so helpful! Just a thank you for making my friends and family members think I'm a genius, and for helping me exploit my stash to the fullest!

BL is an incredible site, full of valuable information about all types of stuff... :-D