• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine & CWE (aka cdub) Megathread: third time's the charm

To get the least amount of ibu/para in your final solution use cold water.

Yeah ibu products do tend to wind up being a cloudy solution in the end but as long as you can stil see through it it's not much to worry about. I've stuck to Panadine or the generics over N+ as it's always a clear solution (plus that little extra codeine is a bonus ;) )

The issue is obvious. You said your initial solution was about 260mL of water. As codeine is completely water soluble, it will distribute evenly throughout the volume of water in which it is dissolved in. Now, if your solution after filtering was only approximately 20mL, then you are effectively obtaining 20/260 or 1/13 (one thirteenth, less than 10 percent) of the codeine that you originally dissolved.

The reason that you ended up with only ~20mL of water is because you are using an ibuprofen/codeine combination. From experience, I have found that both N+, and the generic equivalent manage to soak up a large amount of the water in the clumpy insoluble paste. The only way to avoid this is to use a relatively large volume of water in comparison to what you would use for a paracetamol/codeine combination, and then apply excessive squeezing to the filter to ensure that the filtrate does not feel wet or paste-like - completely dry isn't likely but squeezing until the water starts dripping slowly is plenty. You have to be careful so as to not break the filter from the pressure of squeezing. Essentially you want to have about 90% of the inital amount of water you started with.

Another method of extracting ibuprofen/codeine tablets which I've found to be quite successful is doing multiple smaller amounts of pills, like perhaps 2x15 or 3x10 tablets so that there isn't such a large clump of paste going into the filter. Some squeezing is still required with this method, however it is much less.

The amount of water that you used is more than enough - I would use about 150mL total for an extraction of 30 ibuprofen/codeine tablets. You really only need to put enough water so that it's not a paste, its liquid enough to stir the solution so as to ensure to dissolve and distribute the codeine. You don't need to be as careful with using larger volumes of water with ibuprofen containing products as ibuprofen is basically completely insoluble and would take literally litres of water solvent to allow a damaging amount to dissolve.

These days I generally opt for using ibuprofen containing products as 1) they're cheaper and 2) there is less potential for harm due to ibuprofen being relatively insoluble - paracetamol is slightly water soluble and over time using it quite often can cause complications which I am not prepared to experience if it can be avoided.

If any of this is unclear, feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited:
I think you may have misread. Yes i used 260ml for the first attempt with ibuprofen + codeine (N+) but i ended up ditching it.

The attempt i did yesterday i only got 20ml out of 60ml of water, But i know where I've gone wrong. I need to use a t shirt first to remove most of that solid sludge then filter through coffee filters.

Thanks heaps for the replys and info though! Love this site.

Also, Is there anything i should avoid mixing the end solution with that will destroy the codeine or anything?

No, I can't see there being anything which would destroy the codeine.

At first I would always mix with very strong lime cordial to help with the taste, but I'd recommend just slamming it in one go (regardless of how revolting it tastes.) The more bitter...well...the better a time you're in for.

Enjoy.

^yeah, I doubt anything you'd drink normally could damage the codeine.

Except heat. I wouldn't go making a cup of tea with it, the boiling water could damage your codeine, resulting in less yield.

@ P I L L S, you would have lost volume of your final liquid in the gunk, it's dangerous, but if your careful, you can very gently squeeze more liquid. Not ideal.

Cloth filter first, coffees filters last.

Haha. Pour your CWE into a cup of freshly boiled coffee...uhh...not a good idea.

I've personally never used a shirt, only filters. My method these days is to not use more than 15 pills per coffee filter to avoid clogging. Once the liquids gone through and all thats left is gunk, instead of waiting hours for it to stop dripping, I give it a squeeze - enough to get the liquid through but not enough to completely break the filter and let all the paracetamol drop back into the glass. There WILL be some small holes though and some para WILL get through, so a re-filter is necessary just to get rid of it for harm reductions sake.

Safety first mmmkay.

Your method has evolved like mine.

I'll only use cloth if I'm in a hurry.

If I've properly planned out to do a cwe, I'll only use coffee filters, and prepare to wait, even over night sometimes.

And 15 tabs per filter is a good standard IMO.

Yeah waiting overnight is normally best, it basically garuantees you get the majority of the codeine out. Even better if the filter is completely dry, normally a good sign

I would advise against mixing a CWE solution with a carbonated drink like coca cola, in my experience doing so causes the solution to fizz up really violently beyond what one would reasonably suspect and if you have the solution in a glass that is almost at capacity you will lose some to spillage.

What is more soluble is cold water ibuprofen or paracetamol?? I cant find a chart showing it besides this: http://coldwaterextraction.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/cold-water-extraction-solubility-tables.html

But Aspirin Ibuprofen is not Ibuprofen I dont believe.. Or it all all the same in terms of solubility?

Dont know if its worth mentioning butI ALWAYS use ice cold water from the start.

Also after you've got you final solution, how long can you keep it int the fridge for?

Im looking at concentrating 600ml of water so could I keep it chilling in the fridge for a month or so?

Last edited:
^ Paracetamol is more soluble in water than ibuprofen. Solubilities of ibuprofen and paracetamol at different temperatures are listed on the first post of this thread. It's worth reading the whole first post - it contains a wealth of information, and should be the first stop for anyone interested in cdubs. Check it out here.

Solubility of ibuprofen and paracetamol

These figures should be taken as approximates only. Don't forget this only includes how much para/ibu is dissolved, and does not include suspended solid particles of paracetamol and ibuprofen. The purpose of filtering is to remove as many of these solid particles as possible. If filtering is not done properly, toxic levels of paracetamol or ibuprofen can remain in your final product.

Solubility of Ibuprofen

The solubility of ibuprofen in water at 25 degrees celcius or lower is less is than 1mg per ml.

At 31 degrees 100mg dissolves in 100 ml (1mg/ml).
At 21 degrees, 7.8mg dissolves in 100ml (0.078mg/ml)

Solubility of Paracetamol

Mg paracetamol dissolved in ml of water at degrees celcius.

0 - 7.21mg/ml
5 - 8.21mg/ml
10 - 9.44mg/ml
15 - 10.97mg/ml
20 - 12.78mg/ml
25 - 14.90mg/ml

I wouldn't leave your cdub sitting in the fridge for a month. I've heard from others here that it gets sus pretty quickly, but I've never had a cdub sitting around for a few days to have any experience in that myself... I wouldn't leave it for more than 3-4 days, but I'm pretty cautious when it comes to things like that.

An yes, aspirin is a different drug to ibuprofen. Wikipedia says that the solubility of aspirin in 20 degrees celcius water is 3mg/ml.

I can't really comment as I've a codeine, now on suboxone. Anyway, my question is where's your main thread? Like EADD, have Gibberings, what is the main thread here? I'm from EADD, so I hope you don't mind me coming on here. I'm Evey, by the way. I wish you all well.

Take care,
Evey xxxx

Hey opi8, I tried to send you a PM but you're inbox is full... just wanted to ask you something, mate

hey, sorry. No wonder I didn't get any replies to my cc:all post :)

I have deleted some crap if you still have a q.

I'm not sure if this has already been covered, or if I'm allowed to ask. Sorry if I'm not.

But let's just say a chemist asks for your details when you go to purchase some codeine + panadol/ibuprofen.

What happens to those details? Do they go into the system so that you can't repurchase at any other chemist for 6 days. Or is it just that chemist/chain you can't purchase again from?

^ Usually, the details will just be used by that chemist and any other chemist in the same chain. However, there was one time I bought codeine at a well known chain, a few days later, I went to a small, 'mum and pop' type shop several suburbs away, and my purchase from a couple days prior came up. I suppose the chemists were just connected although there was no indication whatsoever that that was the case. It took me by surprise, for sure. But there isn't any official, state wide record of codeine purchases from every pharmacy...yet.

Dear god this histamine release it intense. 360mg on the tail end of 350g PST yesterday at about 1pm. I'm wonder if any lingering alkaloids are causing me to be itching this bad. It's like little fire ant stinging everywhere. Gotta take an anti-hist.

I would always take a 'Restavit' (doxylamine succinate) tablet or two like 15-30 mins before dosing codeine to minimise the histamine reaction. For me codeine is definitely the worst culprit of the opiates I am familiar with for causing itching.