Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine & CWE (aka cdub) Megathread: third time's the charm

bobbydarren said:
[I actually need to wear larger shoes - that's right i have pst shoes!]

lol! The symptoms you've been getting seem pretty severe.

I do get something like that hearing effect you described, but only with heroin. It's like everything seems much louder but less clear at the same time. Kind of like that distortion you get when listening to really loud music at a concert or something. If I go hard I can get a smack rash on my face where it's almost like the skin's been burnt from the histamine reaction. Your symptoms seem unusual though, perhaps a particular allergy you have to something in the mix. It definitely doesn't sound good for you, though.

Captain Brewster said:
If I drink alcohol, the more water I drink throughout the binge, the less of a hangover I get. It's not rocket science, just common knowledge.

I get killer hangovers no matter how much water I drink. Water makes some, but only a small difference when it comes to my hangovers. It's commonly said that a hangover is mostly dehydration but there's definitely a lot more to it than that, in my experience.

This sounds like a strange question.

I've read plugging DHC increases bio availability significantly (%20 oral, %75 rectal.)

So...plugging Riko? Thoughts? Yes, you'd have to use a 10ml oral syringe and make a couple of insertions but...would it be worth it?

Whoa, that's a big difference. Is the source reliable?

Certainly not a strange question. Quite interesting really.

Be carefull dosing if the BA you mentioned is right, don't want to over do it.

But then, I'm unsure about how much you'd actually be able to hold up there. There may not be enough space for a decent dose. I mean, how much DHC is in 10ml of riko?

The general consensus on drug forum boards is the same - plugging greatly increases effects. I can't find the reference for rectal BA but I remember it was around the %75 mark. The %20 oral BA is well known.

I would also worry about the sorbitol, all though I don't know if it would be any different from oral admin. Perhaps one 10ml boost every five minutes or so would ensure it's absorbed properly? There's 19mg of dhc per 10ml - so depending on ones tolerance it may or may not be worth it.

Last edited:
Meh.

Give it a whirl, and make sure you get back to us.

19mg ain't much. It may work as a slight boost, maybe just as soon as your oral dose hits in.

I'll give it a try but probably not any time soon.

My tolerance is low these days so a couple of 10ml boosts every five minutes or so...and we'll see how it goes.

Why 3rd time? I had this down from the get go?? anyhoo... I do admit, there were times I seriously thought I may not wake up because of the insane amount of PCTM or IBPH i was using, or if I did I prob would have serious liver damage. Did i do it still? of course, but once it was consumed, and the opiate warmth was crawling up my spine & dissipating withdrawals i seriously didn't give a shit... plus, it's an emergency thing. If i'm ever cut off subX, chances are i'll do a CWE or ten, but I'll check here to suss it first.
PtP

Why 3rd time? I had this down from the get go?? anyhoo... I do admit, there were times I seriously thought I may not wake up because of the insane amount of PCTM or IBPH i was using, or if I did I prob would have serious liver damage. Did i do it still? of course, but once it was consumed, and the opiate warmth was crawling up my spine & dissipating withdrawals i seriously didn't give a shit... plus, it's an emergency thing. If i'm ever cut off subX, chances are i'll do a CWE or ten, but I'll check here to suss it first.
PtP
"Third" refers to this being the third thread on this topic on AusDD in recent history.
When a thread reaches 1000 posts or thereabouts - it is closed, archived, then a new thread (on the same topic) is created.

Also, I think if you're on buprenorphine maintenance, I really doubt you'd get much out of codeine.
Maybe if you tapered really low...and were a few days into withdrawal - you might feel something (maybe slight WD relief), but in my experience codeine becomes all but useless once you have a tolerance to stronger opiates/opioids.
Everyone is different...but I'd be really surprised if codeine would even alleviate withdrawal symptoms from suboxone.

Yeah. Waaaay ahead of ya.... When I'm on a blocker - piss codeine won't do shit... BUT, when I'm hanging... it will... capiche? Not much, granted - but still
PtP

Re-dosing Codeine SUCKS!

I'm aware there's a fair amount of information on Codeine in these forums, but this thread is more so related to personal experience.

I have somewhat of a codeine habit, more of an infrequent user though, sometimes I might dose 3-4 times in a week, sometimes I might not dose at all in a week, usually depends on what I've got going on, but.. I digress.
My stock-standard dose is 600mg which gives me a terrific little buzz. I've read plenty about re-dosing codeine, with the general consensus being to leave it at least 24 hours (obviously the longer you can leave it between doses the better). Well yesterday (Friday) morning I woke up at about 6am, and given that it was my RDO I obviously wasn't going to work, so once the mrs left for work I decided to start my morning off with some codeine. I did my CWE and gulped it down, had a nice enjoyable high whilst watching old Entourage episodes.

Now.. about 26 hours later, (Saturday morning) I decided to get high again as the mrs went out last night and is going to be sleeping off a hangover until about midday. So I did my usual CWE, with my usual dose of 600mg, an hour and a half later I haven't even felt a slight tingle, what a rip! I'm very familiar with codeine, as well as how it works, so I was definitely expecting my 600mg to give a fairly diminished high due to me dosing yesterday, but I did expect to feel at least something! In future I guess I'll have to wait even longer, or up the dose, but the tablets I use contain an even 600mg in one box, so if I take some tablets from another box to up my dose to say 800mg, then the next time I go to get high I'll only have 400mg available.

Interesting (and disappointing) experience for me!

I must say though, after using codeine for the past few years, it still amazes me how many people don't appreciate the subtle high that codeine can give.

Merged.

Tolerance builds very quickly with opiates/opioids, I found it especially with codeine.

If your having issue getting where you want to be, maybe a potentiator needs to come into play.

I have thought about trying to potentiate codeine, but everything I've read about codeine potentiation seems pretty subjective. Some people swear by certain things, whilst others say it's a load of shit, so I'm not sure what to believe, although I guess trying it can't hurt really. Just sucks that I wasted my dose this morning, there aren't too many pharmacies in my area and I've visited them all a bit too frequently in the last few weeks so guna have to give it a break for a while, which probably isn't a bad thing anyway. I don't want to bring up the age old debate about the "ceiling dose" of codeine, not being entirely convinced of its credibility myself, but has anyone here (obviously with higher tolerance than the average person) taken a dose of around 800mg? If so, was there a noticeable difference between an 800mg high and a 600mg high? Or was the 800mg dose merely a means to try and combat a high tolerance?

i think peoples ceiling dose is all different. That 600 mg thing shouldn't be set in stone, and codeines other properties effect the high,not just morphine

personal experience indicates codeine potentiation is indeed possible and not something to be taken lightly

personal experience indicates codeine potentiation is indeed possible and not something to be taken lightly

Really? that intrigues me.. What have you used to potentiate codeine in the past if you don't mind my asking?

Really? that intrigues me.. What have you used to potentiate codeine in the past if you don't mind my asking?

I can't speak for Mork, but I found DXM to increase both the subjective euphoria and potency of codeine significantly. It's been forever since I did it, but iirc the dose was somewhere between 60 - 90mg (I would fill the cup they give you with the Robitussin DXM cough syrup all the way to the top, instead of to the marker for the recommended dose), taken 30 minutes before the codeine.

A fellow bluelighter recommended it to me and I put it off for months while I was using codeine as an occasional quick taper after oxy binges, I was skeptical, having written off the concept of true potentiation as an internet druggie myth after trying all the usual recommendations and receiving absolutely no benefit, but finally he talked me into it and it blew my mind. 600mg went from nothing but ceasing withdrawal and maybe a tiny mood boost to providing a significant high - not only that, but the high was actually more euphoric than the high I got from codeine when I had first started taking it as my first opiate, without DXM.

but has anyone here (obviously with higher tolerance than the average person) taken a dose of around 800mg? If so, was there a noticeable difference between an 800mg high and a 600mg high?

For what it's worth, I tried 900mg once, found it absolutely no different to 600. But I've seen people I consider reliable say here that they get a greater effect from up to a gram, so maybe it's just a question of varying metabolic makeup.

^ good post.

I'd have to agree with the DXM. And I too was quite surprised when I first used it.

Certain antihistamines are good for increasing the sedation, but be careful, because I think there's some that do the opposite with codeine exclusively.

I'd have to say, if there was a ceiling dose for codeine, your tolerance rising would also make the ceiling rise too. Just a thought.