• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine addiction

I found high dose, daily codeine use to really fuck my guts up tbh, though that had to also from the paracetamol and/or ibuprofen... Opiates in general seem to have caused me some sort of IBS kinda issues that still haven't cleared up despite being just over 5 months clean.

No its for recreational it even says 'recreational' as my medical condition

What is this?

I actually did briefly get prescribed pure codeine pills 30mg a piece in a vain attempt by my doctor to get me off the CWE shit. Didn't work obviously...

I found high dose, daily codeine use to really fuck my guts up tbh, though that had to also from the paracetamol and/or ibuprofen... Opiates in general seem to have caused me some sort of IBS kinda issues that still haven't cleared up despite being just over 5 months clean.

What is this?

I actually did briefly get prescribed pure codeine pills 30mg a piece in a vain attempt by my doctor to get me off the CWE shit. Didn't work obviously...
A joke maybe not an obvious one

Sorry I don't know a lot about it but I know it's a very nasty illness to have. You should be on stronger opioid pain relief can't imagine how painful that could be. Stay safe and try and get your codeine use in a proper way harder said than done but I use my script for back pain but mainly recreational. The w/d from that dose must be done in a safe manner so you don't get sick. All the best mate. Peace

You maybe don't have the correct enzymes to break codeine into morphine. Overall codeine is shit I don't know why they don't just give out pure morphine and be done with it

No its for recreational it even says 'recreational' as my medical condition

i get it for crohns disease which beleive me or not is painful as hell and now im tolerant to codeine I have to buy hundreds if I wanna stay high im probably gonna end up taking something stronger or just give it up for a bit stock up on my prescription etc trouble is when I normally do that I have a flare up on top of withdrawal and theirs no way im not taking something for that if I got it quitting or not
Hey Pete, I can relate somewhat, I have Severe Left sided Colitis, and prescribed Oxycontin and Oxycodone (Shortec hence the name) I really would consider looking into 12hr Options, this Codeine escalation is unsustainable I suspect. DM me if you need any info.

Can I assume you are wary of climbing the ladder, because you love codeine and will be in heaven with a stronger Opiate/Opioid and the fall from grace will be ever higher?

That’s how I was mate, you may surprise yourself and cherish something with more power for both pain relief and recreational. Are you prescribed your codeine via the gp or gastro consultant? If you don’t mind me asking?

That’s how I was mate, you may surprise yourself and cherish something with more power for both pain relief and recreational. Are you prescribed your codeine via the gp or gastro consultant? If you don’t mind me asking?
go Had the same two gps for years they know things about me

Have you (in their eyes) abused other prescriptions in the past? If so it may take time but I have an outpatient relationship with both my gastro and IBD nurse. My Gp generally has to obey their commands!! If you are happy with where you are at though that’s a good thing if you can bring your doses down.

If not a consultant would be more understanding as he knows the pain that can accompany Crohn’s whereas a gp doesn’t.

Have you (in their eyes) abused other prescriptions in the past? If so it may take time but I have an outpatient relationship with both my gastro and IBD nurse. My Gp generally has to obey their commands!! If you are happy with where you are at though that’s a good thing if you can bring your doses down.

If not a consultant would be more understanding as he knows the pain that can accompany Crohn’s whereas a gp doesn’t.
not rear in fact I was gonna mention I've recently had my supply reduced to 6 days instead of 12 due to ordering earlier ridiculous number of times but somehow getting it each time I feel like I'm on thin ice my doctor has never just reduced my supply like this but it might be for the best 1500 mg instead of 3000 is a big different plus I will only take 300mg as I find about880mg - 2000mg has no real difference in effects except nausea but at 3000 mg the nausea is worthit

Just talking about it makes me want to magically manifest 100 tablets and chase them with citric fruit I feel like I love for that one big dose of i could trade this bag of h for 100 tablets(which I probably could if I could get in touch with this skagheads brother) I would do it in a heart beat.. I have been addicted since the first time ingot high off it you never forget that first high no matter how hard you try

I don't think codeine is as mild as people think it is class B schedule 2. Fuck I've had tramadol numerous times and nothing except for when I mixed it with codeine. BTW don't fool around with tramadol it's dangerous stuff but I think it's weaker than codeine for recreational uses. Me personally would rather have tramadol because it doesn't effect me

Don't start on heroin you will regret it. Never taken it but if you think codeine is bad a heroin habit is 100x worse

I don't think codeine is as mild as people think it is class B schedule 2. Fuck I've had tramadol numerous times and nothing except for when I mixed it with codeine. BTW don't fool around with tramadol it's dangerous stuff but I think it's weaker than codeine for recreational uses. Me personally would rather have tramadol because it doesn't effect me
meh most people can't even process it I can't process it some days it is the most addictive, dangerous beautiful drug ever an I wouldn't change a second I know I'll be living in a bin in a few months slinging skag in a coffee shop and maybe just maybe having enough for a fredo don't worry I'll probably have killed myself long before

Don't start on heroin you will regret it. Never taken it but if you think codeine is bad a heroin habit is 100x worse
I've already tried it 3+ times just had a tiny bit earlier it's shot it makes me to heavy maybe if I wasn't walking around outside which I am with my friend it would effect me more I had like 1/12 of the bag give or take little baby beetle

I don't get effects from tramadol unless I go near the seizure dose I do like the stimulation though I can get shit done

I did dabble and I shot it once wasn't getting anything smoking.. it's not as easy to learn as people think (or could have been cap gear) but when I shot it all I got was nausea, vomiting, itching like fuck and thirsty. I'm glad I didn't take to it. seen a lot of my friends ruin their life with it. If you want to talk about codeine anytime DM me I know what it's like but don't put yourself down I'm a valium addict and it's fucked my life. Memory is bad, cognitive skills are non existence.