• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine addiction

I just think they regulate in ways just to save they're own asses, I'm sure at a general level it is a deterrent. But absolutely cold water extraction is fairly easy.

I'm not sure if I can suggest something about drugs synthesis or it's extraction procedures, without being banhammered :D

Why loperamide mind me ask..?
I know it"s an opioid that doesn't cross BBB so means not "active".
Just to stop diarrhea on withdrawal?

Loperamide will cross the BBB in huge doses, its been proven and I've done it myself and it works. Its all about "flooding the gate". 40-50mg twice a day completely eliminates WD for me. The only problem with Loperamide in massive doses it can interfere with the way your heart beats, I think it can cause a prolonged QT interval but its entirely dose dependent. If you've got a relatively high tolerance to opioids then its probably safe to take a huge dose but I wouldn't recommend you exceed 100mg within a 24 hour period and I wouldn't recommend taking huge doses chronically either (long term). Also Loperamide has got a longish half life.

Last edited:
Loperamide will cross the BBB in huge doses, its been proven and I've done it myself and it works. Its all about "flooding the gate". 40-50mg twice a day completely eliminates WD for me. The only problem with Loperamide in massive doses it can interfere with the way your heart beats, I think it can cause a prolonged QT interval but its entirely dose dependent. If you've got a relatively high tolerance to opioids then its probably safe to take a huge dose but I wouldn't recommend you exceed 100mg within a 24 hour period and I wouldn't recommend taking huge doses chronically either (long term). Also Loperamide has got a longish half life.
Good to know... I heard it's "active" at huge dosages, but some ppl died because of it, but i didn't know why and how it works, exept the "regular" use agianst that diarrhea.
Opioids is not the topic i know best..

Good to know... I heard it's "active" at huge dosages, but some ppl died because of it, but i didn't know why and how it works, exept the "regular" use agianst that diarrhea.
Opioids is not the topic i know best..

They died because they probably consumed 100s of mgs within a short space of time. If you've got a good tolerance to opioids then I wouldn't exceed 100mg within 24 hours. Start low first then titrate up till u get adequate relief from WD. Alls it takes is common sense.

I live in the U.S. and have gotten Nurophen Plus on trips abroad. I've never managed to successfully do a CWE though, at least not enough to feel anything. Best of luck to you!

Hello everyone.

I got through the codeine withdrawal. 3 days. Cold symptoms insomnia and night sweats. Psychological issues still remain.

However, it's been a week now and I'm still sweating A LOT. I think this could be valium withdrawal. I last took valium about 12 days ago. I was taking between 10 / 20mg a day for a good while, with intervals but never as long as 12-days.

I'm back at work now. Thought I'd be all good but I feel shit.

Anyway. I'm still positive I can get through this shit. For anyone still taking opiates etc, it's a slippery slope. Good luck to ya

Codeine in addition with paracetamol/ibuprofen is just a bad idea period! I think you need to try and cut back on it maybe by a pill at a time but for otc stuff just be safe with doing your CWE and if you don't think it's done right do it again. I have a bit of a habit with codeine and diazepam but found it easier stopping the diazepam. As for using loperamide I wouldn't f around with that stuff. I use it when I have diarrhoea or to ease opiate withdrawal. I only use prescription 30/500mg cocodomals 4 a day and I get tempted to take 8 but know I can't because I used to get otc codeine and do CWE's on it but got sick of doing them drip drip drip for ages. I am the same op don't get the buzz I used to get 120mg once a day most I used to do was 240mg taking them without doing a CWE, but just be safe these are addictive drugs and opiate addiction isn't a nice thing to be going through both physical and psychologically. Good luck in getting help for eventually decreasing or stopping them completely unless you have legitimate pain

Codeine in addition with paracetamol/ibuprofen is just a bad idea period! I think you need to try and cut back on it maybe by a pill at a time but for otc stuff just be safe with doing your CWE and if you don't think it's done right do it again. I have a bit of a habit with codeine and diazepam but found it easier stopping the diazepam. As for using loperamide I wouldn't f around with that stuff. I use it when I have diarrhoea or to ease opiate withdrawal. I only use prescription 30/500mg cocodomals 4 a day and I get tempted to take 8 but know I can't because I used to get otc codeine and do CWE's on it but got sick of doing them drip drip drip for ages. I am the same op don't get the buzz I used to get 120mg once a day most I used to do was 240mg taking them without doing a CWE, but just be safe these are addictive drugs and opiate addiction isn't a nice thing to be going through both physical and psychologically. Good luck in getting help for eventually decreasing or stopping them completely unless you have legitimate pain
I take codeine as my main drugs sounds like we have a lot in common im lookong foward to hearing some of your experiences with opiates welcome :D

Thanks pete556 got a few but took a liking to codeine when got prescribed 30/500 good stuff but I meant to say it's easier stopping the codeine than the diazepam. Do you like benzos?

Thanks pete556 got a few but took a liking to codeine when got prescribed 30/500 good stuff but I meant to say it's easier stopping the codeine than the diazepam. Do you like benzos?
yes I love them both but I only tried valium once or twice I get prescribed 8 30 mg codeine tabs(no paracetomal) been on them for over 4 years, or 5 I cant remember

Those would be gold dust for me, my gp won't give me even 8 a day of cocodomals only get 4 but I have a history of drink and drug abuse so probably why plus he's pissed that a psychiatrist gave 30mg of valium a day. Do you feel tempted to abuse your script? I have to talk myself into sticking the 4 cocodomals used to do 8

Those would be gold dust for me, my gp won't give me even 8 a day of cocodomals only get 4 but I have a history of drink and drug abuse so probably why plus he's pissed that a psychiatrist gave 30mg of valium a day. Do you feel tempted to abuse your script? I have to talk myself into sticking the 4 cocodomals used to do 8
Do I feel tempted? Let me put it this way its a 12 day supply and it never lasts longer than 1-3 days I have tried cutting down but since getting a tolerance I dont have to worry about overdosing on the codeine or paracetomal becauses theirs no para so its just to easy to swallow all one hundred..with half a bottle of citric orange oasis fruit oh yeah...

That's what keeps me from abusing it. CWE's get annoying after a while. Good luck on making them last just try and forget about them easier said than done esp with pure codeine but always remember tomorrow is another day. And fk 100? What strength if you don't mind me asking?

30 mg so 3000mg I know its crazy everyone has told me but it feels pretty fucking good

You should try and get down to at least 500mg. That is some dosage, dangerous in fact. I'm not one to talk I love codys but that is a massive dose.

You should try and get down to at least 500mg. That is some dosage, dangerous in fact. I'm not one to talk I love codys but that is a massive dose.
I try to split my pack in two so im only allowed one half one week and the other half next week but I always end up redosing none stop until their all gone

I try to split my pack in two so im only allowed one half one week and the other half next week but I always end up redosing none stop until their all gone
Are u in pain or is it recreational?

I know where your coming from I like abusing them but try and keep in your mind "there is always tomorrow, when I will need them to avoid withdrawals" took me ages but now I stick to my dose. Just glad I'm not on strong opiates, they must be he'll physically and more importantly psychologically. Good luck in getting your dosage down, and is it for pain or recreational use? If it's the pain maybe speak to your Dr about getting something stronger but with a limited supply. It's not just withdrawals to much of any opioid can cause death. Be careful and be safe.

No its for recreational it even says 'recreational' as my medical condition

i get it for crohns disease which beleive me or not is painful as hell and now im tolerant to codeine I have to buy hundreds if I wanna stay high im probably gonna end up taking something stronger or just give it up for a bit stock up on my prescription etc trouble is when I normally do that I have a flare up on top of withdrawal and theirs no way im not taking something for that if I got it quitting or not