• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

chocolate

I adore chocolate full stop, at the moment I have a wicked obsession for cadburys three wishes.

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
Erm, that's all well and good, but the fact that it's not chocolate doesn't make it crap? :\

I grew up with a hippy mum who used to make carob brownies which were beautiful. I have rather fond memories of carob actually.

You cant beat the classics. Chomp is a particular favourate of mine. I am however not all that much of a chocolate eater (2 or 3 bites is usually my limit) and as such I am very popular with my female friends who want to eat chocolate, but need someone to "share" with due to a psychological dietry fear of eating an entire bar.

;)

^ haha. Its not psychological. Its a well-known fact if you eat someone elses chocolate bar there are no calories. ;)

This also applies to hot chips.

omg, CHOMPS! Yum!

And for the record, I think Carob tasts like crap... just personal preference, my tastebuds don't like it.

frys is the clear cut winner for the mixed chocolates
but if it were chocolate only it would be a tough choice between haiges and lindt for milk.
though the belgians have it all.

muzby said:

i've always been a big fan of kit kat chunky's, but lately, i've become a fan of the kinder bueno bar...

and when it comes to straight out chocolate blocks, nothing beats a good lindt bar.. :)

I'm with you on those! plus darrel lea sea shells and i adore white chocolate with caramel in the middle mmmmmm

i am fully addicted to Kit Kat bites, i know that buying a full Kit Kat is more economically viable, but it's like they save the best chocolate for the bites.

Or is it Bcos these are the leftover bits (leftovers are always the best part of any meal;) )

i only like chocolate sometimes, or rather i only like sweet food sometimes, im more of a savory person. but when i feel like chocolate the greatest chocolate EVER is toblerone!!! i also like milkybar coconut bliss and guylian seashells.

and for the record, moe is right, carob is crap. it doesnt just taste like crap, it IS crap. in the most literal sense of the word. from my many attempts at tasting it i would almost be willing to bet money on the fact that it is made at a sewerage plant!

did i go too far? i didnt did i...

I actually liked carob buds in primary school.

However, I don't know about eating a whole bar of carob ;)

*tangent* Who remembers fruit balls? Good old one cent purchases along with carob buds!

I don't eat a whole heap of chocolate, but I can't go past original cadbury mmmmm.

Thumbs up to snickers & picnic too!

I'd like to pay some respect to the Cadbury Flake Bar.

Ever since I resolved to eat less junk food and exercise more, one my my few private indulgances is the Flake bar. It's like having chocolate without the guilt associated. Sure, it's a 45gm bar and it's the same price as a Mars bar, which is what, 55 - 60gm bar? You get half the amount for the same price, which while not pleasing my wallet, bodes better for my mind.

Lest the fact it's waves and waves of chocolate in ripples, and it crumbles everywhere when you open it, so it's perfect for messy eaters like me, and ...for some reason it appeals to the more ladylike way of eating chocolate, smaller amounts but double the enjoyment when you lock yourself in your bedroom so nobody can see you when you lick the small crumbs off the back of your wrist and smear it all over your chin =D

I was at one stage ridiculously addicted to chocolate... thanks Muzby for that... damn you free mars and snickers bars!!! But then I got over it... this may or may not have coincided with the time that Muzby moved back to Canberra ;)

I am still addicted to the taste of banana flavoured Milky Ways, although I haven't seen them around for quite a while.

In other chocolate news, I love cherry ripe, but I hate Cherry Ripe bites, they suck sooooooooo much, wrong ratio of dark chocolate to cherry goodness :\

Mars bars are a perennial favourite as well.

As it stands I'll have chocolate about once a month or so now, but I can always be tempted back :)

This is almost impossible!

I think my favourites would have to be:

* Maltesers (love how you can just suck them and roll them around in your mouth)

* Any kind of Cadbury nut chocolate (hazlenut, almond) or Caramello block

* Chokito

* Toblerone

* Bounty (I was addicted to these as a kid)

* Ferrero Rocher or Baci chocolates.... mmmmm.... hazelnuts again

I love chocolate, but stangely enough rarely ever buy it... it's like a once a month treat at most. And I can't STUFF myself with it, like some people can.... I'll buy a block with my boyfriend and he'll eat 7/8ths of it.... I'm full after 2 rows.

Here's another slant on the question: what kind of chocolate do you hate? For me it's Fruit & Nut, or white chocolate. I don't like Top Deck, or that strange pink, brown and white block. And I HATE Turkish delight.... it's disgusting..... oh and chocolate coated licorice.

Ohhh Baci chocolate! I forgot about that!

I don't like anything coconutty [like Bounty] and I'm not a fan of plain dark chocolate [but I like it on Cherry Ripe]... there's really not a lot of chocolate I don't like.

I've actually started liking fruit and nut for some reason. I love those little Lindt balls (but feel sick if I eat too many) and Twix and Dove chocs.

Yeah, the bizarro pink and white stuff - whats up with that? And I have this love/hate thing with white chocolate; I'll eat it but feel sick afterwards so don't go there often. Its strange how everythings being made in white chocolate now - maltesers, twix etc and I don't like any of it. I also don't like cherry ripes or bounty - when my housemate wants to drive me nuts he'll buy a bounty because he knows I won't pinch it.

I am definately a dark chocolate fan. Lint 85% cocoa dark chocolate is the only way to go - maximum pleasure in a single peice, so you only need one!

I really dislike white chocolate. In fact, calling it chocolate is pushing the definition quite a bit as it doesn't actually contain any cocoa, only cocoa butter! I've noticed lots of chocolate bars coming out in a white choc variety but few are exploiting the market of dark chocolate lovers. Surely we are not that few?!?!

As for chocolate to hate: Top Deck, Snack (Cadbury's in general), cheap & oily dark chocolate and those Kiss chocolates they sell at my local 24hr chop. They copme in fancy wrappings with nice-sounding cream centres but taste like over-sugared crap! Give me a Lindt ball any day!

:)Smiley

the new cadbury dream, cookies and cream. yummyyy i luvv white chocolate!