hours)
USPS Tracking Number:
FIRST CLASS MAIL -
US$8.00
Subtotal  50.00
Shipping  35.00
Tax   0.00
Total  85.00
That's the order confirmation email I got... with the 'extra' shipping $35.00 bit that I'm concerned about. I guess since there's no UPS tracking number, it must be a computer generated typo... I think if the order doesn't show by Friday I'll just email their sales dept directly.
BigTrancer  :)

I ordered some 5-HTP from iHerb on Tuesday 4th June, and got this message 2 days later:
We regret to inform you that one or more of the items you've ordered is(are)
temporarily out of stock and may not be back in stock for another few days.
We apologize for any inconvenience and want to thank you for choosing iHerb.
Have a great day.
The Following Product(s) are out of stock:
(T2) 5 htp, Jarrow, 100 mg., 60 Caps.
So if you're looking for fast delivery, perhaps use a different supplier for a week or two. I'll keep you updated.
gleep
[ 06 June 2002: Message edited by: gleep ]

^^^^
I ordered [5-HTP, Now Foods, 100 mg., 120 Vegie Caps] from iherbi on Monday June 3 and apparently they are winging their way toward me as i type.
haven't heard otherwise, anyway
probably only the jarrow gear that's run out i would suggest. The above ones work out a bit cheaper than jarrow, too.

I use both 5HTP and Sustagen sport for my activities... I havent looked back. Using these is like finding health in a computer game :)
I get my 5HTP from www.health-pages.com I order 6 bottles of 60 100mg caps at a time. I do this about every 6 weeks (I give excess bottles to friends). Every time Ive ordered some, customs have opened the packaging for inspection. The packaging is clearly labeled to say whats contained, and I have not had any issues.

hi guys
just thought id let everyone know that Jomar Labs are now up and running again. i think they had a major problem with their email server, losing lots of orders and enquiries.
they were kind enough to ship my 5HTP free of charge to say sorry for the hassles. they seem like a pretty neat company. i got all smiley alien stickers all over my invoice too :D
cost for 100 - 100mg capsules was $US 29 exl shipping

Well I ordered 2 bottles of 120 x 100mg 5-htp ('Now Foods' brand) from www.iherbi.com and they've confirmed that they've been shipped. Total cost was US$48 + $5 shipping. That's about AUD$100 for 240 vegie caps -- bargain! Now we play the waiting game... :)

Well, my bottles arrived in good condition, 3 weeks to the day after I'd ordered them from ClubNatural. Four bottles of 60x 100mg 5-HTP capsules (called "Rest Factor" brand), US$50.00 cost, plus US$8 shipping. Obviously the UPS thingo I saw on the email invoice was a mistake.
So - ClubNatural are another confirmed source.
BigTrancer :)

I ordered 1 bottle (60 x 100mg caps) on wed 5/6. They arrived today fri 14/6.Package had been opened & resealed by customs and the packging was a bit mashed, bottle was fine tho. Im fairly impressed there were no hassles whatsoever

I just ordered two bottles of Now Foods 120x100mg 5htp.
I hope that it arrives before the end of the month, but I doubt it will. I'll let everyone know when it arrives. :)

I ordered some 5-HTP from iHerb (not iHerbi) on Tuesday 4th June. As I posted on page 1, they ran out of stock, and shipping was delayed a few days.
Today, Tuesday 18th of June, the package arrived, exactly 14 days later. There is a sticker on it, stating Customs had opened, inspected and re-sealed it.
FYI, in the package was 4 bottles Jarrows 5-HTP, 100mg x 60 capsuals. 2 bottles Jarrows L-Tyrosine, 100mg x 100 capsuals.
Happy Post-Loading,
gleep

My 5htp just arrived, same time as Bt - 3 weeks to the day from clubnatural.com.
4 bottles of 60 x 100mg tabs for US$58
Happy customer.

My 5-htp just arrived today from iherbi, about 2 weeks after ordering. 240 x 100mg for about $100 australian. Not bad!

hey guys..just wondering about this whole 5-htp thing...from the looks of things I cant get it here in new south wales. However, I did manage to pick up Mega B vitamins (150mg) with 25 mg l-tryptophan...anyone know anything about this, ie, any good...how much I should take before dropping....in other words whats a 'good dosage' of l-tryptophan to have an effect?

^^
Luz: From what I understand L-tryptophan is a precursor to 5-HTP which is in turn a precursor to serotonin.
Basically they both the same job, but 5-HTP does it faster, because it only needs a small chemical adjustment to convert to serotonin, whereas L-tryptophan has to take a longer way around to get to serotonin.
The dosage that would work for me is around 50-100mg a day for a few days before, and 50-100mg or even 100-200mg 6 hours after dropping your last pill, then 50-100mg for a few days after. Usually I wouldn't take it too close to your roll, because it can mellow your roll out.
I would not recommend taking 4 of your Multi-vitamin B tablets a day for a few days, because excess consumption of B group vitamins can actually be quite bad for your health.
Best to err on the side of caution and fork out $40 Australia to get some 5-HTP at http://www.iherbi.com
Oh, and for more info, just run a search on "post loading" and "pre loading" here on on google.

By the way - I noticed that the Yahoo! Shopping Cart used by ClubNatural retrospectively updates your identification fields if you have a yahoo email account. This may only be if you tell the program to 'remember details' for next time or similar.
Something worth watching out for if you are mindful of your privacy. I'm not sure how accessible the information is to the public, but it's enough of a concern to me that I thought it worth mentioning. Plus it took me fucking ages to work out how to remove the information from the account.
BigTrancer :)

Jester> thanx for the reply...ur info was much appreciated....I've only been having one Vit B a day....for the last awww..4 days...planning to drop in 3...looks like i might have to splurge and get me some 5htp....
thanx again!

^^yep - get some 5htp. There's little benefit to be had using the pills you describe as you need 5 - 10 times the amount of l-tryptophan compared to 5htp. So where someone suggests 100mg of 5htp, you'd need 500 - 1000mg of l-tryptophan to get similar effects.

I received my 5-HTP from I-Herbi.com on Wednesday, 2 and a half weeks after ordering. The box had been opened and resealed by Customs

Time is a ticking... I ordered from www.iherbi.com and it was shipped on the 25th, and It's got to be here before the 13th.
What do you think my chances are?
[ 05 July 2002: Message edited by: Fetish Jester ]