• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I Ever Use Meth Again W/O Addiction?

a40oztohell

Bluelighter
On and off meth addict for almost 5 years and I haven't used for a lil over a month and I just really wanna know if I'll ever be able to go back without addiction, like maybe a step I missed during my several other relapses? This is a stupid question, yes, but life feels so much harder without it. Whether it be blowing thick clouds or the full-body sensation of a shot, I feel like I need it.

I think I know the answer but chances are I'm gonna go back either way. Any ways to control it?

Nope.

I'm not a big fan of meth but even I have a hard time controlling it when I get some and attempt to use for functional purposes (like as an adderall substitute). Instead of taking a small functional oral dose (like 30mg) I inevitably start breaking off larger chunks, and start creeping into the 100mg+ range, which is enough to put one into a manic tweaked out state. And I'll often wind up going through all of it without taking days off. And this is from someone who isn't even a big meth fan.

Nope.

I'm not a big fan of meth but even I have a hard time controlling it when I get some and attempt to use for functional purposes (like as an adderall substitute). Instead of taking a small functional oral dose (like 30mg) I inevitably start breaking off larger chunks, and start creeping into the 100mg+ range, which is enough to put one into a manic tweaked out state. And I'll often wind up going through all of it without taking days off. And this is from someone who isn't even a big meth fan.
Well im screwed then. What makes it worse is I get it for so cheap too.. Cheaper than usual prices here.

Just wish it wasnt addictive, I miss feeling a huge shot all throughout my body.

I was a daily user, needed it to function and work both my jobs. Took me months to feel morning once I stopped, think I slept for close to 6 weeks straight minus about 4 hours on and off a day.

That was 20 years ago. I did not trust myself, however in the past 6 months my partner and I have been dabbling. Both coming from addictive pasts with meth we have some very strong rules and guidelines. Eg - once every 8-12 weeks (we do MD and Ket at other times mostly with friends/social situations) no more than 3 hits in a session, never ever alone, usually a Friday night and Sunday is forced exercise, fruits and veggies and recentreing so it won’t affect our work weeks.

It’s also locked away and requires both of us to be able to access it (also because we have kids, but also so there are no issues with addiction creeping back in, or lying etc).

Last edited:
ppl claim they use it for functional purposes but i don't think it's possible - i still stand by the "there's no such thing as occasional meth-user"

now maybe there is, but don't ever think that a person telling you that has some sort of control over it - don't believe them - you're just better off

no matter what, you're gonna do more, and cross the line, which is really easy to do, and then you're an idiot and probably a fuckin asshole on top of it who steals and rips ppl off - before you know it, you got no friends - except other tweekers who steal from you too

and ive never had a drug make me feel not right for that long after doing it - we're talking at least 10 days until im feeling normal again - that's fucked up

it's really not a good drug - just don't do it - just find something else to do or get into

On and off meth addict for almost 5 years and I haven't used for a lil over a month and I just really wanna know if I'll ever be able to go back without addiction, like maybe a step I missed during my several other relapses? This is a stupid question, yes, but life feels so much harder without it. Whether it be blowing thick clouds or the full-body sensation of a shot, I feel like I need it.

I think I know the answer but chances are I'm gonna go back either way. Any ways to control it?
Not a chance.

On again off again for five years and now asking ...

Not to be rude but:

PLAY STUPID GAMES AND WIN STUPID PRIZES.

You're about to win an extra large case of addiction by playing a stupid game.