Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Byron Bay - Splendour In the Grass 2005 - REVIEWS - Belongil Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Yeah its fucking bullshit. I hope you do get one! Come join the fun! :D

hehe Just checked ebay again. Triple j'ers are making up false accounts and putting in fake bids. All the tickets are going for $2000+. Stupid fuckin scalpers. I hope the promoters can actually bring some sort of action against them as they claim to be doing.

So ... it sold out

I'm sad now....

I could buy a ticket off ebay but the splendor orginisers are loking at legal action against the ebayers and will be checking tickets and recipts apparently...

or i just turn up on the day and try to get in/buy a ticket and if that fails go doofing instead..

^^^ buy a ticketoutside teh gates... like Riot grrrl suggested... thats what I am going to do.

Oh, and i just went onto ebay and there was only 3 tickets selling ??? whats teh deal there ?! did the organisors actually get to do something about it ?

Dear XXXXXXX,

We act for Splendour In The Grass Pty Ltd. It has come to our clients attention that you are offering for sale one or more tickets to the 2005 festival from the eBay website. The ticket terms and conditions state that the tickets are non-transferable and that if a ticket is resold at a premium the bearer of the ticket will be refused admission.You are therefore in breach of contract which entitles our client to sue you for damages. In addition, selling tickets without stating that a purchaser will be refused entry is an offence under the various state Fair Trading Acts. Our client now requires you immediately to remove the tickets from the eBay website and to cease and desist from offering for sale these or any other Splendour In The Grass tickets either on eBay or otherwise. Unless you fully comply with this, our client intends to take action against you. Correspondence on this matter should be directed to [email protected]. Brett Oaten Solicitors

yeah grunef was that sent to you?

it was only a matter of time before they really cracked down on tickets being sold over ebay...i hope that wasnt to you 8o

i would say probably...but the site is huge so it would be pretty harsh and if they are id say the scalpers would just move into town to seel tix and not on the site...

Riot Grrl, i dunno, I've managed to pick up tickets for friends really cheap on the day, 2 years ago i bought a weekend pass on the day for $47.50 ......

Well, good luck to anyone who wants to buy scalpers tickets. Really, i have nothing against it, untill the fuckers start selling fake tickets

I'll be seeing you guys there!!!

Do you think we'll need to show proof of purchase? Cos I'm still planning on buying a scalped ticket whether it be through ebay, adverts or on the day...

I really don't want to spend the money, get up there, only to be refused. Ah fuck it... I might have to consider giving it a miss. :( :( :(

they won't be able to make you show proof of purchase because then what would happen to all the people who bought tickets legitimately but weren't told they had to retain their reciepts?

i really think that they sorta shat them selves about it this year, and were really really unprepared. next year they might have a bit of an anti-scap action plan.. but its to late this year...

and any thing they tried to set up now would burn them badly because of the fase posatives that any checking woud give... eg. refusing people entry who had bought legit tickets...
for me next year its a whole different ball game . i got to get my self Glastonbury tickets.. eeek

Yeah I guess it would be inpossible to enforce the POP. That being said, I still refuse to pay TWICE what they're worth. My bf and I are going to go to Byron anyway for a holiday and if we can't get into Splendour we'll just take more drugs to compensate. Win-win.

Status
Not open for further replies.