• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Buying 5-htp over the counter?

bbqdave - It's only OTC in QLD if it's sold / prescribed by a naturopath. Many of the larger pharmacy chains (especially in the CBD) have a naturopath working there, particularly on weekends and other busy times.

Look for the naturopath on duty and they'll sell you 5-HTP. And yes, many of them do know what it's used for but consider it an appropriate harm reduction product. Or just tell them you want it for one ot it's other uses, already mentioned in this thread.

It's much more expensive OTC than buying from some of the US based vitamin suppliers, though.

Jimity - Some of the QLD based vitamin companies are very over priced and may not ship it to you in Victoria. Look overseas, if you can.

Last edited:
yeh the ones i got from american nutrition took exactly 2 weeks to get to me. On the fron of these it says, colorado nutrition and underneath it describes it as a relaxation supplement.
After currency conversion i paid AUD$60 for 2x 120 caps at 100mg, shipping inclusive.
Overall, quite happy with the product.

^^^^^^^^^

so u can purchase 5-htp over the counter just by going to see this naturopath?
anyone been?

Why bother with expensive local products when you can get much better value (at least 5 fold) from overseas? If you don't have a credit card you can still do a wire transfer at your bank.

BigTrancer said:
The brand of 5-HTP I get from ClubNatural has "Rest Factor 5-HTP" on the front, which is useful because it could be explained as a natural supplement to help you get more benefit from sleep.

BigTrancer :)

Yeah I recently ordered couple of bottles from www.clubnatural.com, and just used normal standard postage (US$8 I *think*) and I actually wasn't expecting it for least 3 weeks dues my past experiences with international orders, but it popped up in my PO Box in 10 days, with a lovely customs green sticker that been opened for inspection and re-sealed as ususal.

Now I got more 5-hpt than needed, and saved myself few bucks for a carton or beer by ordering overseas than OTC in Brisbane. =D

Yeah I got the green sticker on my delivery as well.

First tried the post roll dosing this weekend but I can't say I noticed any difference to my normal days after. But then I never really had bad comedowns anyway.

Does anyone know how many bottles i am allowed to order at a time? I was thinking of ordering the 4 pack from clubnatural. Will customs allow this? Read somewhere your only allowed up to a 3 month supply.. 1 a day which would be 90 caps.. meaning not even 1 of them bottles would be allowed?

Thanks..

I've ordered 4 bottles of 60 or 120 caps each, containing extract of griffonia simplicifolia equivalent to 100mg 5-HTP before on several occarions, with no problem. Always arrives in 10 days, always checked by customs.

BT :)

Just thought I would mention this since I didn't see it posted... has anyone had a part of their invoice cut out when getting the package from the US?

I had to get someone with a credit card to pay for mine, and upon receipt of the package, there was the green customs sticker as usual... but upon opening it, and checking the invoice... the "bill to" part of it was cut out.

I can only assume this measure was made by customs, hmm...

customs green sticker

i always thought that the green sticker put on by customs was just there to scare you into thinking that customs opens every package from overseas.
in other words they don't open every package and check so its possible to order more than the 3 month amount and it may get through.

logistically i don't think that customs has the resources to open every package

however this is only a theory and not one likely to be validated by ringing customs and asking them;)

Im sure somethings get red flagged, like meds/natural meds...just to make sure youre not importing a commercial quantity.

Just another theory.

I've had my invoice cut the last time I ordered some, can't remember about any prior occasions though. I figured it was just clubnatural's way of doing things.

Quintell - Each time I've got 5-HTP from ClubNatural, the piece of paper cut from the ClubNatural invoice is pasted to the front of the box... they're just too lazy to make address stickers so they cut your name and address from the invoice and use that on the outside of the packaging.

BigTrancer :)

^^^ yeah thats pretty much the same when I order my 5-htp from clubnatural... did the same way BT described.

So what's the general consensus on the 5-HTP caps from club natual or american nutrition, do people really feel the difference when pre/post-loading on these?

I understand it's more for harm reduction than anything but also heard it could sort out people who's "lost that loving feeling" & give their pill more kick like it use to.

^^ dont be lazy and do a search on 5-HTP/preloading/postloading, it has all be covered before.

So to those who buy 5-HTP regularly, do you go for the caps/tablets that contain Vitamins B6 and C as well, or just the pure 5-HTP ones?

There seems to be a small price difference, but from what I've heard/read you would be better off with the combined ones rather than the pure.

Has anyone had any experience with both kinds? Or ever done any experiments or tests?