Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Buying 5-htp over the counter?

KemicalBurn

Bluelight Crew
firstly, i ran a search and clicked the hotlink and got no results so sorry if its been done.

or if its not allowed.

But im looking a place to buy some 5-htp in melb, i have heard of such a place but the name eludes me:\ Trytophan would also be cool, but not "serotonine", as i'm fairly certain it cant make the jump in the blood-stream.

So this thread is pretty straight-forward, any ideas?

it's not allowed, you're not allowed to post links to sources that supply legal or non-legal drugs. But check your PM box anyway.

keystroke said:
it's not allowed, you're not allowed to post links to sources that supply legal or non-legal drugs. But check your PM box anyway.

That is true except in the case of 5-htp and pill testers. This is because we are a harm-reduction website and these items are definitely in the best interests of harm-reduction :)

CB :)

ah... didn't know that :)

my bad...anyway kemical, check your PM for a good place to buy from

no credit card, hence the thread:( but thanks for the PM keystroke, was appreciated:)

ok, lets work with this..are there any other substances similar to 5-htp, yet retaining a legal status? im sure theres something that got through a legal loop hole somewhere:)

i did check that thread, but got no answers:\

have you seen the st george bank cards? I dont have a credit card either but signed upto St George bank for a savings card (called multiaccess) and they are linked with VISA so you can use your savings card as a credit card and it only works if you have money in the account... you could just set one up and put what money you want in there to buy stuff online....

^^ its called a debit visa card, as far as I know almost all banking institutions will offer them. I have one myself, no debt for me. :)

Just wondering if anyone from Queensland has bought 5 HTP over the counter as i have never seen it for sale OTC before

ive bought 5htp (dr vera's) over the counter in QLD. about a month ago infact. was a rather taxing experince. i walked around to over 15 pharmacys in brisvegas, with none stocking any. actually about half didnt know what i was even talking about. i discussed it with a few chemist and was told everything from 'its an illegal substances' to 'i think someones pulling your leg mate'. then i hit a pharmacy that had a very helpful young chicky who used to work in a naturapath/healthfood shop and she gave me some addresses.

anyway i rock up to this naturapath/healthfood shop and its having a closing down sale. didnt think id have any luck but i went in anyway (fuck id been to 15 places why not one more).

the chick at the front counter was a retard. i asked for 5htp and she hit me with a heap of questions.

'why do you need it' 'for depression/anxiety',
'have you got a referral from a naturapath?' 'no, what is that? ive never needed one before',
'its like a doctors referral but for natural remedies' 'erm its not scheleded so why do i need any form of authorization or referrals?',
'yes you do!! where have you been buying it?' 'internet',
'thats illegal!' 'look lady are you going to sell it to me or not',
*chick completely changes attitude and looks left to right *
'$50, would you like a bag?' 'i get it for $40 off the net',
'$45?' 'deal'.

and that was it. it seems to me none knows what the fuck is going on with 5htp.

i wouldnt bother buying from a shop again, $45 for fukcing dr vera's 5htp (30 capsules). absolute ripoff. anyway that shops closed now....

ihaq4weed

Cowboy Mac said:
^^ its called a debit visa card, as far as I know almost all banking institutions will offer them. I have one myself, no debt for me. :)

The Commonwealth bank doesn't do them. A friend of mine did the enquiries about this a couple of months back and they didn't do it. The only definite debit card that I have seen is the St George multi-access card :)

Regarding actually purchasing 5-htp, you will definitely get it cheaper off the web, even including the shipping price :)

CB :)

^^^ dude nearly all banks do them. hell ive got a visa debit card from a bulding society right here.... its a fairly common thing.

Hey I am curious..... as its a common knowledge that when you import 5-hpt from overseas for personal use, and it's often opened by the customs to check them out, and I wonder if the customs are "informed" why there's a flood of 5-htp orders, and they "perhaps" aware thats its used among the eccie users community, and they keep your name/address on "database" because you ordered 5-htp, and they could keep a database of a "potential drug user/abuser/dealer" ?????

I seriously think they don't have time for things like that. Customs doesn;t give a shit if you do drugs.. as long as they dont go past their hands..... they can however, at most, keep it and send you a letter asking to explain what it is for, before you receive it. Say a "mild" Anti- depressant, that your doctor recommended.. However I'm not customs so I dont know how sneaky they are.. but seriously they're out to find shipments of 5000 eccies... not 5-HTP or link 5-HTP to drug dealing/use

I've bought it over the counter here in QLD also, Dr Vera's. I read somewhere it's more likely to be sold in health stores and I found it at the first store I tried out here in the 'burbs. I paid $44.95, which is roughly what I would have paid for the same brand ordering over the net.

I agree with splatt... customs is busy enough as it is. It's not their job to enforce state legislation; they're a federal agency. If it's not on their list, they'll send it on.

Thanks for all the discussion guys, however to save you all any further time, all this material is also pretty much covered in plenty of depth in previous threads. The answer to this question is even included in the Forum Mini-FAQ.

BigTrancer :)

if the product can only be sold to QLD residents, am i still able to order over the net from MELB.?? does it just come through the usual mail service?

yeah. can we order it from qld to other parts of aus. saving from overseas shipment.
if so how? where?