• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Bupe tapering

being drunk all the time made dealing with the rls and stuff a lot easier. though i have heard it makes the rls worse. and then the hangover part is a killer. i'm not from the usa. i'm up in canada. things are the same today as they have been every other day. it feels a bit like a waiting game at this point in the sub free. just waiting day by day to feel 100% again. it's kind of a weird feeling.
Hi , yeah would of thought that about alcohol, relaxing your body etc , but then thought about the prospect of a hangover & the wd together & it put me the fuck off haha, I apologise about the US thing , I know you Canadians & Americans get all touchy when us English get your accents mixed up Haha, so it's still taken this long for you not to feel 100% ? Fuck you have some willpower

Hi , yeah would of thought that about alcohol, relaxing your body etc , but then thought about the prospect of a hangover & the wd together & it put me the fuck off haha, I apologise about the US thing , I know you Canadians & Americans get all touchy when us English get your accents mixed up Haha, so it's still taken this long for you not to feel 100% ? Fuck you have some willpower
hahahaha yeah we sure do get touchy. americans sound funny when they say roof. canadians on the other hand do not. it takes a long time. but i'll say again and again it's mild. once you get past a certain point you won't want to turn back. i mean wasting 4 or so days is one thing but wasting 2-3 weeks of no sleep and the rest of it is hardly an option.

Yo! still steady at 2.5.

Fun fact tho: the other day when I thought I took 6 grams Kratom to replace my usual 1.5 morning dose, I actually took 12 grams! totally miscalculated. No wonder I caught a slight buzz and felt great on the run.

I’ll probably drop to 2 in the next couple days, then up to 2.25 if i feel too funny. I’m really gonna try and see if I can’t make this 100% painless all the way down to 0.

how you guys doing? Still feeling a bit off Cody? Still planning on dropping on Friday Eastender?

Yo! still steady at 2.5.

Fun fact tho: the other day when I thought I took 6 grams Kratom to replace my usual 1.5 morning dose, I actually took 12 grams! totally miscalculated. No wonder I caught a slight buzz and felt great on the run.

I’ll probably drop to 2 in the next couple days, then up to 2.25 if i feel too funny. I’m really gonna try and see if I can’t make this 100% painless all the way down to 0.

how you guys doing? Still feeling a bit off Cody? Still planning on dropping on Friday Eastender?
that's a little funny. how does kratom make you feel? i've never tried but i heard it helps a lot of people. do you find it's making things easier for you? sounds like you have things buttoned down! glad to hear your still working towards the same goal. i'm still feeling off yeah some days are better than others. when you get to be 30 days clean and the rls is gone diphenhydramine is a god send for sleep. we can buy 50mg tabs in canada and man do they make the difference between 5 hours and 7-8 hours of sleep. do you find yourself having any trouble with sleep when your reducing doses?

@Karamazov @Eastender how are you guys doing? been a couple days.
Hi cody , I'm ok thanks , yeah still on my daily low dose & looking to jump Friday, I've got my script stopped then so its now or never , been ok , just sort of waiting til then in limbo haha, hopefully will be ok & not too uncomfortable as I have family commitments etc, anyways how are you feeling now ?

Yo! still steady at 2.5.

Hi Kara , how are you? Yeah heard about kratom quite a bit on here & heard that stuff can really help, but here in uk I never hear it mentioned , I'd have to order on dark web or something & I dont know too much about all that & bitcoin etc, sounds like your doing great with your tapering ,I always found day 2/3 after dropping you notice it but then your body adjusts & stabilise, if you have no timescale then take your time , keep me posted bud

Hi cody , I'm ok thanks , yeah still on my daily low dose & looking to jump Friday, I've got my script stopped then so its now or never , been ok , just sort of waiting til then in limbo haha, hopefully will be ok & not too uncomfortable as I have family commitments etc, anyways how are you feeling now ?
good for you. i was a bit comprehensive of the whole jumping thing before i did it. you can do it you've been roughing it for a while now. if you can manage that you can take the leap. good on ya. i'm doing good every day gets a bit better.

Here we are thrm, Friday. How'd it feel not talking ya dose. Rem ember youve done an amazing job tapering so low n slow. You may not feel.any different than y you did on 0.1 6-7 hours a night is amazing for someone tapering! Save the zoppies unless you have a worse time sleeping.
too gaat dissssssss!!!

Here we are thrm, Friday. How'd it feel not talking ya dose. Rem ember youve done an amazing job tapering so low n slow. You may not feel.any different than y you did on 0.1 6-7 hours a night is amazing for someone tapering! Save the zoppies unless you have a worse time sleeping.
too gaat dissssssss!!!
Hi Axe , sorry for delayed response, had a lot of shit happening at home with my gf ex the fucking prick , then also had my sons birthday today so thought it would be sensible to jump tomorrow instead, also had my gf at home all weekend & today & as shes unaware of my current detox etc I thought it would be the sensible thing to do & just postpone it a few days, so yeah nervous about tomorrow but gotta just get on with it , even tho I didnt jump as planned today i cut the 0.1 in half & took that sublingual as usual & felt ok ish , bit sluggish , sneezing loads as usual but managed ok , not gonna lie it's a comfort every morning but would love to be saying I'm glad it's all over & feel great in 3 /4 weeks etc, surely the fact that I've tapered so low will eventually benefit me .... anyway , how are things with you? Hope your well? Eastender

@Eastender hey how's it going today bud
Hi cody , postponed jump til tomorrow tues 12th, thought it was for the best as drama at home , & didnt wanna be rushing out to score some heroin to smoke , only took 0.05 today , feel ok , so will see how I get on this week.... gonna really see & feel how its gonna be this week I should imagine, very nervous but the time has finally come to just do it , no excuses this week... hopefully will be successful like you, so how are you doing & feeling now then, hope your well ? Eastender

Hi cody , postponed jump til tomorrow tues 12th, thought it was for the best as drama at home , & didnt wanna be rushing out to score some heroin to smoke , only took 0.05 today , feel ok , so will see how I get on this week.... gonna really see & feel how its gonna be this week I should imagine, very nervous but the time has finally come to just do it , no excuses this week... hopefully will be successful like you, so how are you doing & feeling now then, hope your well ? Eastender
hey great to hear from you i was thinking about you lots hoping you were doing okay. you made a good choice. the less bullshit you have to deal with the better. it only helps your odds. you can do it. your gonna feel shitty but not as shitty as you think. 2 weeks goes so fast in the grand scheme of things. and it's only up from there i went back to work after two weeks and i jumped from 1mg. your far lower than that right now. i think it'll be easier than you think. just get through them 2 weeks and your golden. i'm good still having good days and not as good days. but never really having bad days anymore. things are feeling much better now. still no desire to use drugs at all. but my circumstances make that easy. moved across the country with my family so all i gotta do is not drive into town and ask everyone i see where i could score. haha good to hear from ya. if i don't hear from you tonight i'll check in with you tomorrow

hey great to hear from you i was thinking about you lots hoping you were doing okay. you made a good choice. the less bullshit you have to deal with the better. it only helps your odds. you can do it. your gonna feel shitty but not as shitty as you think. 2 weeks goes so fast in the grand scheme of things. and it's only up from there i went back to work after two weeks and i jumped from 1mg. your far lower than that right now. i think it'll be easier than you think. just get through them 2 weeks and your golden. i'm good still having good days and not as good days. but never really having bad days anymore. things are feeling much better now. still no desire to use drugs at all. but my circumstances make that easy. moved across the country with my family so all i gotta do is not drive into town and ask everyone i see where i could score. haha good to hear from ya. if i don't hear from you tonight i'll check in with you tomorrow
Hi cody , restless night , just up & instead of the bupe I took 10mg valium , dont judge just thought I'm so used to having that bupe every morning with my coffee first thing... I have no tolerance to valium at all & its hit me haha, hoping it will mask any uncomfortable early bupe wd for the day, thanks for the vote of confidence, gonna give it my best shot over the next few weeks , ok bud take care & spk soon 👍

Hi cody , restless night , just up & instead of the bupe I took 10mg valium , dont judge just thought I'm so used to having that bupe every morning with my coffee first thing... I have no tolerance to valium at all & its hit me haha, hoping it will mask any uncomfortable early bupe wd for the day, thanks for the vote of confidence, gonna give it my best shot over the next few weeks , ok bud take care & spk soon 👍
hey dude i'm not judging whatsoever. i wanted to cold turkey but i knew that was just gonna lower the chances of making it through to the other side so i took clonazepam and zopiclone like they were candy for a couple days there. i did make the anxiety 10x worse for myself though so just be careful of that. benzos help immensely in calming a lot of the side effects.. day or night. how you feeling now?

hey dude i'm not judging whatsoever. i wanted to cold turkey but i knew that was just gonna lower the chances of making it through to the other side so i took clonazepam and zopiclone like they were candy for a couple days there. i did make the anxiety 10x worse for myself though so just be careful of that. benzos help immensely in calming a lot of the side effects.. day or night. how you feeling now?
Hey pal, well I've been up 5 hours , the valium has definitely wore off already which is disappointing, just had a shower & sorted my 8 yr old dinner out , cant complain at the min , just very lethargic, that's the only difference so far from my weeks of tapering down, read that wd peak at 72 hours , so bracing myself for that , have some comfort meds & will wait if & when I need them , will dose up tonight probably if I cant sleep which I'm expecting later this wk, at least I'm not at work during this virus so that's something I suppose, feeling confident that I'll be able to get through this , especially after listening to you etc, ok let's hope I'm still the same a few days in then , you still getting better day by day then by the sound of it , you keep doing great & inspiring others 👍

Hey pal, well I've been up 5 hours , the valium has definitely wore off already which is disappointing, just had a shower & sorted my 8 yr old dinner out , cant complain at the min , just very lethargic, that's the only difference so far from my weeks of tapering down, read that wd peak at 72 hours , so bracing myself for that , have some comfort meds & will wait if & when I need them , will dose up tonight probably if I cant sleep which I'm expecting later this wk, at least I'm not at work during this virus so that's something I suppose, feeling confident that I'll be able to get through this , especially after listening to you etc, ok let's hope I'm still the same a few days in then , you still getting better day by day then by the sound of it , you keep doing great & inspiring others 👍
you may very well feel the same as you have for a while your body would have already eliminated most of the higher doses you were taking seeing as your weeks into such a low and slow taper. i'm wishing the best for ya. shower shower shower. it seems the first 20+ mins after a shower are the easiest to fall asleep. that little gap of no rls is pure bliss when your detoxing. when things get tough you just gotta remember why you were dropping suboxone in the first place, why you don't need/want dope and how far you've come. be proud of yourself and keep fighting on things get much better.

you may very well feel the same as you have for a while your body would have already eliminated most of the higher doses you were taking seeing as your weeks into such a low and slow taper. i'm wishing the best for ya. shower shower shower. it seems the first 20+ mins after a shower are the easiest to fall asleep. that little gap of no rls is pure bliss when your detoxing. when things get tough you just gotta remember why you were dropping suboxone in the first place, why you don't need/want dope and how far you've come. be proud of yourself and keep fighting on things get much better.
Thanks bro , appreciate the advice, ok you take care & I'm sure we will talk in the following days

id say even 3 mg is too much considering your prior habit. it May not seem like it but sub can really jack up your tolerance without you even realizing it. If you can, cut that dose in half and see how you feel, then reduce as quickly as possible from there.

however, I get it about the family situation and the new kid. Been there. It’s a complicated, stressful situation and hiding a habit adds a near unbearable level of stress and guilt. So first off, pat yourself on the back for getting on the subs. then take the time you need to get off of them. You might find it easy to taper and jump quickly. Or you might want to simply stay at 2 or 1 mg for a while. Do whatever you need to to stay away from your doc and be a good dad.
Thank you for the advice. It means alot.
I hate to say but I had a moment of weakness and took Vicodin again for a day. I know the sub blocks it from the brain I just feel like I failed. I feel so lost and aimless which I know is part of the mental symptoms it just makes everything that much more difficult. Im sure I'll be back on here seeking encouragement and support.