• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bromo-dragonfly scraps and bickering

Where is this info on shlugin saying it is not orally active at 1mg. Is there a scientific report or just forum gossip. If someone could direct me toward this info I would appreciate it.

^ It's a personal communication to a reputable source, but is referenced in Shulgin's forthcoming book.

who in this thread has actually tried dob or 2cb? Bromine is an amazing element to have in drug molecules.

I still have not heard anyone selling the p-bromo analog of venlafaxine.

who in this thread has actually tried dob or 2cb? Bromine is an amazing element to have in drug molecules.

I didn't think 2c-b was that great, nor do I see anything too special about bromine. It does seem to be some people's personal favorite. YMMV.

The thing is here at Bluelight we're supposed to have an agenda, harm reduction. When so many people don't really seem to care about it at all, its as if we are failing miserably at our agenda.

There is so much hype and BS and unverified information going around the internet right now about bromo-dragonfly, including in this thread, and at numerous other forums it makes me wanna puke. I mean look at this thread. 8 pages and still no hard information about the drug or experiences. We are still not sure of the oral dosage or duration, or even the duration of the IM. We have two experiences reported earlier in the thread that are in conflict with the anecdotal report via shulgin that its not orally active at 0.1mg. We have more potentional misinformation than information in this thread. And I don't even want to start on the crap I'm reading about bromodragonfly in other internet forums.

I guess when some actual experiential information about bromodragonfly finally comes out I'll have to close this thread and we'll have new bromodragonfly thread you won't have to page through 8 pages of crap to get to useful information. :\

Hey, it's not about accepting what people do. Bluelight does have an agenda and harm reduction is what it's about. You should try to positively influence "stupid assholes" like me or Coolio.

But some mods really need to take some psychology lessons or they should think about what they're really trying to do... Influence those people who aren't approaching a drug with the necessary caution in a positive way OR insult them. Those two usually don't go together very well and that's what pisses me off about their behaviour. There's no way of someone listening to your words when you're insulting him at the same time. So much for the psychology lessons...

crOOk

Maybe some people are just more willing to make guinea pigs of themselves, or something like that. I don't know. I do know that when I was younger I'd have probably dove right into the stuff myself, as I was prone to impetuous and irresponsible behavior like that. Hey, I'm gonna live forever, right? :\

But I'm older now, and thankful these chemicals weren't around when I was a kid- as I could easily imagine myself going completely apeshit with them and getting all fuckered up in the head. All you can really do is hope people will grow out of that stage before they hurt themselves, but some people never do.

Agree that there is an awful lot of misinformation out there about this chemical right now. I admit to buying into the misinformation and hype myself when I decided to purchase the product. The misinformation has to stop. The only way for that to happen is to have reliable reports, hopefully done safely and in a responsible way. Anything else is just bullshit, and it's useless. Hopefully someday this thread can be closed and there will be enough reliable info out there for Bromo-Dragonfly to have a Big and Dandy thread of its own.

By the way- no matter what I'm still really glad I bought it. At the absolute least I consider it to be a great collectible. %)

but the guy wanting to IV 100ug is not overtly stupid behaviour. Granted I would not do it myself. But if somebody was prepared to self-administer this amount then I would not be fearful for his life.

off topic, but as somebody who has ignored contraindications and engaged in reckless combinations (harmala + mdma anyone?), i can say that potential danger doesnt always equal actual danger. knowing all of the risks involved is important, but sometimes there's still the desire to go ahead with it anyway.

if somebody wants to do something, they're most likely gonna do it no matter how much you try and talk them out of it, and the data these "reckless" people provide is usually pretty valuable.

really though, 100ug IV bdfly isnt all that reckless, imo. given what little data we have, 100ug IV is probably right around the right dose for a full +++ experience.

But some mods really need to take some psychology lessons or they should think about what they're really trying to do... Influence those people who aren't approaching a drug with the necessary caution in a positive way OR insult them. Those two usually don't go together very well and that's what pisses me off about their behaviour. There's no way of someone listening to your words when you're insulting him at the same time. So much for the psychology lessons...

Your point is taken. But I would like to say that more often than not constructive criticism has been offered in this forum and has gotten met with persistant defensiveness and weak justifications. It gets very tiring after a while to promote harm reduction when people are actively making arguments that counter it.

And moreover, harm reduction seems completely lost from the overall culture of PD. Yeah if newbie comes here and reads the bluelight agenda he'll know that BL has a harm reduction agenda. But if he just comes here and reads a random sampling of the posts in PD, he'll get the idea BL is about finding the coolest chemicals to get high with. The focus here is lost.

Last edited:
Um why must there be so much bickering in PD lately. fastandbulbous, per your suggestion I will take a small oral dose first (right now in fact), to ensure I'm not going to have a bad reaction to it. Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure eating it will prove anything about the safety of a larger IV dose, but it can't hurt to try. From the available data, bromo-dragonfly does not sound like it would be even as dangerous as DOB, so while I am aware injecting research chemicals like this is dangerous, the dangers in my opinion are very low compared to other dangerous drug experiences I've been involved in over the years.

It's interesting being a Chuck Yeager within the field of practical neurochemistry.

kay.... wasting aaaaaaaaaallll this bromo-dragonfly... either shoot up 100 mikes (vein or muscle, your choice.. shoot up 20mikes FIRST just to check for allergic reactions, so wait 2 days for reactions then go on with the 100mcg) or eat 1mg.

Definitely effects noticable, I have that typical acidic phenthylamine feeling in the back of my throat and there's a lot of jaw tension. Besides that, maybe some other physical symptoms like very slight dizziness. Hehe, I'll report back!

@eCsTaSy NoN sToP
Ever rode the dragonfly, bro?

crOOk

if i wanted to do something cool, id be inclined to injest a low dose of 2cb. this whole brdf sounds a bit chicka pocka for my liking