• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Breakfast

^^ Could be. But it is probably more likely from a lack of saliva in your mouth, making the bacteria in your mouth so much more free to multiply. Bacteria = bad odour

^ why are both you and fizzle resistent to the idea that people can go into ketosis? some can slip quite easily into ketosis relative to others (fat burners vs carb burners).

My breakfast includes Tropicana orange juice and rye bread with ham. I must drink the orange juice during the first hour awake; otherwise I don’t have appetite at all.

I started eating breakfast 2,5 years ago and since that I have lost almost 30 kg (mostly fat). Before that I usually ate the first meal from 6-12 hours after waking up, and of course that lead to a situation where i ate my dinner an hour before going to sleep.

If I have slept only 4 hours or less then I am hungry as an elephant, but if I sleep 8 hours or more then I have no appetite without having something like freshly squeezed orange juice.

^ why are both you and fizzle resistent to the idea that people can go into ketosis? some can slip quite easily into ketosis relative to others (fat burners vs carb burners).

lol Because it doesnt happen that fast, thats why. It takes more than a day and then it only happens on a very specific diet. Obviously if you are on a meth binge, it is quite possible that you'll go days without eating, but I doubt most people on meth binges are eating the right foods when they do eat.

I'm not saying it doesnt happen, it just doesnt happen as easily as you make it sound.

^^ Just relax Matsuo, we all appreciate how knowledgable you are but there is absolutely no need for your constant aggressive attitude. Just take it down a notch okay? Thanks.

I just have a protein shake (60g of whey) at breakfast each morning. Then I wait about 30-45 minutes, take my pre-workout supplements and go lift. I lift 5d/week, cardio 6d/week

I know I'm probably doing something wrong here. But, in the last 9 months I've lost a little under 50 lbs and put on a noticeable amount of muscle. My stomach has shrinked and the fat that plagued my pecs and arms is now mostly gone and replaced with muscle

My diet has been, 60g protein shake (w skim milk and peanut butter) in the morning, 1lb of lean chicken breast for lunch (post workout), banana + 30g protein shake (just whey/water) in the late afternoon, and then for dinner it varies every day, especially the time of night I eat dinner at. Some nights I'll do tilapia and brown rice, others I'll go out to eat, some nights I get take out like a hero or pizza or something. Dinner is where I really kind of "slip up"

Ultimately I'd like to lose another 8-10 lbs of body fat, then focus on putting on more lean muscle. What should I be doing in terms of diet, compared to what I'm doing now, to get there?

I was thinking about protein shake but i've only known ppl who want to gain weight drink those in the morning....

I've gotten used to drinking a cup of oj first thing when i wake up, then i found i'm hungry about an hour later and thats when i have my "real" breakfast usually an omlette with tons of veggies...we'll see how the weight loss thing goes :\

I was thinking about protein shake but i've only known ppl who want to gain weight drink those in the morning....

Protein is good for weight loss as well as muscle gain hun, it just depends how and when you use it. Protein shakes for breakfast would be a great idea, but maybe after your morning walks?

I've gotten used to drinking a cup of oj first thing when i wake up, then i found i'm hungry about an hour later and thats when i have my "real" breakfast usually an omlette with tons of veggies...we'll see how the weight loss thing goes :\

That sounds like a pretty good plan. Juice will jump start your hunger and then you can eat a real meal awhile later. I like it!