Boo 7-October 12th-Randall's Island NY —Take IV

Hey everyone! I know this is pretty late notice, but has anyone found a cheap hotel for the weekend. I can't really find any b/c I am not familiar w/ the area AT ALL. Well, if you've found a good spot, email me. I'll be coming up with Web and his roomie. I stayed w/ Web, BKR, Squeaks, SGTD82, and ShaDDoW at Starscape, and they can all attest that I'm not a freak, so if any of you have space for us, let me know! PLEASE! [By us, I mean me and Web and his roomie if he makes it, not everyone I just listed from SS!] Also, as for a meetup-I though the moonwalk sounded like a good spot, but who will definately make it? What would be a good time of day? I was thinking relatively early, so if ya make any new friends, you can still have time to have fun w/ them!!! ;)
Edited for clarity
[ 09 October 2002: Message edited by: batty ]

awwww katie :( my thoughts are with you and your family. hope everything turns out ok
at this point, i don't know if i'm going either. too much drama going on, related and unrelated to boo. even though everything is NOT in my favor for going--i want more than ANYTHING to go. especially b/c my boyfriend and i got in a huge fight yesterday, and i NEED to release my anger/hurt and all those negative feelings. and the BEST way i can do that, is through dancing my ass off, hearing great music, and meeting great people. running away to NYC for the day is so appealing right now!! we'll see
~kristen

bah.. the weather better not suck like it's suposed to! :( cause i will stay home if it gross out..
ps.. i have the flu.. i've been fighting it off for days now.. *sigh*
so pardon me if i'm not that chipper that day..
*flexes her strong flu-be-gone muscles*
:)

Well aren't we all a fun, happy, chipper bunch in the days before Boo. ;) What's with the curse?
At least two of the girls that were gonna go to Boo w/ me are still going... I talked to them tonite and while I now doubt it more than ever, me and Allye might just jump in their car first thing Saturday morning on a whim. You know... a "thank god my family is still asleep, tiptoe out the front door, see ya Sunday" kinda whim. ;) (I feel about 14 after typing that, lol).
Peace ~Katie

I have a strong feeling that the weather is gonna be fine for saturday, so i went and got my ticket. Im pumped!@#!@#!#!@$@R!@$@#$!@%!#$!#!@ and do i mean pumped, i cant wait to see all your smilin faces.
/me crosses fingers that katie can sneak out
Ive already told you if you cant make it you will sorely missed, but if you can that will boost the already high level of positive energy of this weekend to a threshold.
I dont think you guys are ready....nah, cant be

Anyone that still needs a ride the bus from Boston still has room, and we will be making a stop in CT on the way down. Give me a call 781-249-9600 or email [email protected].
Matt

Well i picked up my ticket yesterday and the weather man said it was suppose to be party cloudy...now that rat bastid is saying showers...but i have a feeling it will be nice for this once :)

Ok, so whats the deal with the meetup?? Hows 2:00 and 6:00 to the left of the mainstage sound? I really want to meetup with some Blers this time around, and considering there are going to be so many at this one party, there is no excuse not to. 2 days left.

bdreligrrl, I feel for you sorry! :(
Hay, we can deal with the rain, remember last year.
The thing that suck is the cold and rain together, now that sucks!!! (thinkN) Buy a shit load of water and get ass under a tent and dont get out all day thats what we'll do, shit did i say that out loud.
party time it's par ty time we haven a party
I'm glad nobody hearing me sing!

Yeah makeing an appearance from Lafayette, IN. Just wondering what is up with the DnB afterparty?? Also we'll b in Flushing Queens Fri, Any fatty club situations I should know about for Fri? Please help.

I'm on the 1st leg of my trip and well on my way! I hope someone irons out the meetup, b/c I wanna meet ya'll (as we say in virginia).

I guess since I'll be absent from the festivities, I don't have much of a say, but...
Keep the meetup location simple. I would suggest the same as last year's: to the left of the main stage (looking at it).

aight, aight, the day is coming. I'm crazy excited about this!! Can't wait to hear which of the MANY good djs thats going to BLOW the fuckin tent off, can't wait for those phat beats/tracks to party & dance my ass off to, can't wait to meet all you blers, can't wait to flirt with all you lady blers, ;) I just can wait enough for this!
We'll be coming in Fri. night after a good road trip up.
Yeah so whats up with the meetup, I think the time & location is still up in the air, someone let me know. Other then that all you that already know me, I'll just look for ya randomly throughout the party. And I don't know what I'll be sporting, BUT I do know that I'll be looking damn good! :) (hahaha, too much ego) :)
But anyways lets have a safe, fun time, aight. And BRING CAMERAS, cause you know you'll kick yourself for not capturing the GREAT moments of this event!!

For meet-ups or any activities, I'm willing to give out my phone number for organizing things. Shoot me an IM, find me in chat or send an e-mail.

Well, as is the norm with meetups, everyone's wondering when and where, and no one's really stepping forward with a firm time and place. This happens way too often, mostly resulting in mass confusion, and a meetup not occuring. Enter; your friendly neighborhood TopRocka :D
While I've never been to Randall's Island, I spoke with Erik this evening. Based upon what he had to say about the venue, and his experience from Boo last year, I'd like to suggest the following for meetups.
Left of the main stage (if looking at it) at 3 PM, 6 PM, 9 PM. The three different times should give people who arrive late or leave early to get to one of the meetups.. or for those with nothing else going on.. attend all 3. :D
Thoughts? Comments? Other ideas?
(The above does not necessarily mean that I'll attend all, two, one, or any of the meetups. I'm merely trying to create some organization so all interested aren't inquiring about the meetup at 10 AM Sat. Morning.) :)

Whats up peeps.. its me Paul (PartEkidRepsAcosta)
I lost my password for my old name and couldn't get it back... yay!!... greenlighter for pauly!!
Katie, my thoughts are with you... family first then party
Weather man says the rain should tapper off by 10am saturday... hopefully this forecast will hold up... 36 hrs. from now people, rain or shine my ass will be dancing all night!!!!

yay!!! one more day...
expect Rain & High: 65 Low: 58
get ready 4 a wet one kids!!
[ 11 October 2002: Message edited by: kasperBoy ]

Whats up,
If anyone needs a ride still...........
The pickup is in Malden at the Stop & Shop 99 Charles st at 7AM. The ticket is $100 which includes the ticket to Boo and the bus ride. We will be hitting something for an after party either an official after party or we will go to Vinyl Josh wink is there that night. We will leave the after party at 4AM and head back. If you definately want in give me a call tonight and confirm 781-249-9600
Matt