• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Bloody phenibut

^^^ This and as a gabapentiniod; a slow taper would be in order if it is something one wishes to put away the phenibut.
one would have to taper to a dose that is sustainable and effective.
If one is ingeting to feel the god like phenom daily... one will ultimately realize it was a mistake and be in a world of hurt.

You're absolutely right, but it makes more sense for him to tell them he's hooked on pregabalin than benzos considering it's a gabapentinoid he's trying to get off. So him telling that to A&E was a smart move. A pregabalin detox would do the trick just fine.

Hey everyone just wanted to post a little update.

I tapered what was left of my phenibut to the point I was taking 50mg of the stuff. I haven't had any for 48 hours. I'm feeling pretty shitty really but I also haven't taken any other meds in preparation for my drug meeting thing later today. The only additional chemical in my body is my opioid so yeah my nerves are pretty much shot. Just incase any of my meds were reacting with one another, just playing it safe like.

You've all been so helpful btw. I'm all out of phenibut now and this time those muscle spasms aren't present as they were when I last came off it. Hoping that I tapered it well enough that all I'll suffer is a shitty mood for a week.

Well done mate and good luck with the next appointment.

At 50mg you're basically just getting placebo effects at this point so you're off the stuff.

Yeah 50mg is a super microscopic dose of phenibut, that's a great job with the taper. I'm sure you'll be fine, just push through the anxiety and negative mood and before you know it, you'll be past it. :)

Hi again folks. Having some real bad times at the moment.

I'm gonna prepare a visit to hospital. I can't cope with anything right now and everythings really fucked up in my head. I know it's a big ask but can any of you link me to some good doctor-friendly phenibut materials I can print off to show them? Sorry but things are just fucking bad right now.

Gabapentin for me is actually better for Pheni withdrawal, ymmv. In the Moscow “Mims” they are listed together for possible prescribing, when social anxiety occurs or GAD also. Remember Pheni was a very very successful neurochemistry project for The Soviet space programme in the 1960’s.

Note: in my experience it is the hardest group of compounds to switch back and forth to taper off.

Just print off the wiki page, or Mayo clinic have a good web page about pentoids and Gaba-b agonists. Feel free to DM me mate you’ll get there it’s hard to visualise right now, but you will ?

Just print off the wiki page, or Mayo clinic have a good web page about pentoids and Gaba-b agonists. Feel free to DM me mate you’ll get there it’s hard to visualise right now, but you will ?
Cheers. I came back to edit my post saying I grabbed the wiki page and a couple of other medical papers talking about patients in phenibut withdrawal. Got my bag all packed and ready to go to hospital... just depends on what my partner thinks about all this when she gets back home. I could tackle this just fine but because I gotta withdraw from everything it's all just piling ontop of an already broken brain. :(

Sorry to hear this mate.

As I said before the main thing they need to know is that phenibut is a gabapentinoid that also has GABA activity. From that they should know what to do. When they gave you a 300mg cap of pregabalin at the A&E it seemed to help you perfectly so maybe you wanna skip all that explaining and just ask for a pregabalin taper.

Yeah when I was on daily phenibut for a year, I used pregabalin to get off and it almost 100% blocked the withdrawals even though it doesn't touch GABA-B.

Hello everyone from a brighter place!

This morning. Oh god no, last night, I went to sleep happy. I thought "You know what CottonAndGuns, though you didn't even do alcohol in your teens and 20's you really do like the high you sometimes get from opiates especially if you can't sleep at 5am and you can just go downstairs, rest the ipad on your svelte belly with the fire roaring away watching nothing but rubbish. Sometimes with Minecraft on the Switch building all the things you can imagine - scratching that Lego childhood itch". I like the high I get. I realised... holy shit people gave me spirits for my birthdays and I don't even drink. I'll wake up at 5am and get a good dose of GABA from spirits. So I did. And it was shit. I just felt bad and lumbered the whole time.

The docs office had been open for nearly 2 hours when I phoned asking for an emergency appointment. I got one in an hours time. I went and confessed all about phenibut to a VERY understanding doctor. It couldn't have gone better. He's well ready to prescribe me gabapentin, lyrica, baclofen (sp?) if need be. So I went for gabapentin. Minutes later I downed about 500mg worth. 3 hours later I felt fucking normal again.

So normal that I hadn't had dihydrocodeine for 15 hours and I did not feel withdrawals at all. I had a drugs meeting where I was supposed to be in serious withdrawals. Nope. I felt so chipper and normal. Fucking loved it. That's gabapentin for ya. Makes life normal when you're not.

I've been prescribed bupe as a replacement/taper med. So far so good. I had one about 20 mins ago and I'm starting to come up. I was reading about blind studies where people given bupe injections mistook it for heroin as the euphoria was that good.

Last night I had printed out all my phenibut stuff, stuffed them in a messenger bag and drove around sourcing DHC to cold water. My plan was to go to A&E after getting the DHC but I held off. The morning after as I had booked that doc appointment I took those print outs with me. Gosh what a good doc though. The gabapentin has almost completely removed all the phenibut WDS except the muscle twitching.

Glad to here Gabapentin has helped mate. Were you loading up on DHC in case they admitted you? I too find Gabapentin more helpful than Pregabalin. I was prescribed the latter first, so never thought it could possibly be better than it’s more potent big brother.

I measure any good Gabapentin in sociability in myself, and Gaba beats pregab hands down for me ?

Good to hear it mate. Gabapentin and pregabalin both help opiate withdrawal too, they're commonly used as "comfort meds" for a rattle.

As I predicted through they've given you bupe for a DHC taper... this practice, although very common on the NHS drugs services, makes absolutely zero sense to me. They've switched up an opiate only twice as strong as codeine with one that is 40x stronger than morphine. I'm guessing the idea of doing this instead of giving you a DHC taper is to make sure you don't get DHC or other opiates to high on, since bupe would render any other opioid useless. But it's still fucking crazy to me to make such a huge leap in potency.

Anyway you definitely want to use the bupe only for tapering. If you stick with it for maintenance you will have a very hard time coming off it when the time comes. Ask anyone here and they'll tell you. But if used for a taper, it can do wonders, even if it is overkill for a DHC habit.

What bupe dose are you on out of curiosity?

What bupe dose are you on out of curiosity?
Well. 8mg. But here's a lovely story.

I'm to take the bupe supervised at a not-so nearby pharmacy. My 4 nearest ones couldn't do it. Problem is this one is closed on Sunday (you can soo tell where this is going) so she gave me Sundays dose to take home with me. I was told day 3 would be the best one for me. That I should feel OK due to the titration. I didn't. So I took the Sunday one. I still didn't feel that. Genuinely no difference whatsoever from 8 to 16mg. Somethings wrong there, right? Plus my bowels are loose, I keep sweating, my skins tingling. I don't get it. It feels exactly like an opiate withdrawal yet I'm taking 8mg of bupe (16 today). Could my body not be absorbing it? Am I doing something wrong?

I had a bupe PATCH years ago. A very strange locum doctor put me on it for pain management. I didn't feel out that day but the next I was euphoric. The 3rd day was back to normal.

Anywho. So pissed off I am at this not working I've just made a codeine CWE (2 packs so ~512mg - crystal clear, very pro). I haven't taken it yet but I'm wondering what to do with it. Do I take a bit, it all? I'm curious because if it does work that means tomorrow I can make another as my drugs place is shut over the weekend so I haven't been able to talk to them about any of this.

(btw if it all goes tits up my wife has a naloxone kit ready to go and she's first response qualified.)

I've been taking an increasing dose of gabapentin too. I'm trying to find the spot that 100% covers my phenibut WDS. Currently I'm at 600mg*2/day and that's more or less covering it. So this current bad-body experience is certainly down to the opiates, not the gaba stuff. Bloody bodies eh.

Glad to here Gabapentin has helped mate. Were you loading up on DHC in case they admitted you? I too find Gabapentin more helpful than Pregabalin. I was prescribed the latter first, so never thought it could possibly be better than it’s more potent big brother.

I measure any good Gabapentin in sociability in myself, and Gaba beats pregab hands down for me ?
Gaba is the good stuff :) Lyrica I do like but I can never enjoy it as I worry about the withdrawals from it. Completely nukes any possible enjoyment now. Do you get zilch WDS from gaba too? It's so nice but so easy. A very polite medicine indeed.

Never taken it continuously to be dependant I think, but I have heard of friends troubles with it. I have been left in Pheni withdrawal, which was a fucking nightmare and that’s an understatement. It may be similar or maybe not, but I would prefer opiate withdrawal any day.

Still confused about your current situation. Let me know buddy ?