• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Bloody phenibut

Never taken it continuously to be dependant I think, but I have heard of friends troubles with it. I have been left in Pheni withdrawal, which was a fucking nightmare and that’s an understatement. It may be similar or maybe not, but I would prefer opiate withdrawal any day.

Still confused about your current situation. Let me know buddy ?
Ah yeah sorry about that. My minds really fucked at the moment. Whenever I go into a GP or drugs group meeting I find it best to write up my thoughts and things before hand so I don't forget or get tripped up during. heh.

Yeah so this post was initially about my phenibut withdrawal. The doc prescribed me gabapentin a few days back and its working. I haven't had phenibut now for 6 days. But there's also the opiate/bupe situation. I'm trying my best to keep it on the phenibut/gaba part of this but theres a lot of cross-fuckuperry going on :)

No probs, was just following up. Ah that’s great, at least you have Doc who will prescribe for one part of your issues. You will get there I’m sure. I am actually searching for a new Pheni supplier as mine has shut his website. But I have respect for the compound now as I know you do. Let’s say you now have a Gaba solution in part then, and put a line under that bit!!

Where you at opioid wise?

Fuck. Sorry to hear that, I've been making the mistake of taking it daily for the past few weeks now. I run out tonight and it won't be anything near that bad but I'm not looking forward to the rebound anxiety and minor withdrawal. Hang in there!

Last edited:
Phenibut withdrawal is not to be taken lightly as I’m sure you will know. If you can find a way of tapering down, I really hope you will!!

Phenibut withdrawal is not to be taken lightly as I’m sure you will know. If you can find a way of tapering down, I really hope you will!!

Ah, I'd have to order it online so I figured I'll just use alcohol. Not the best method but probably my best option at this point.

May I ask how much you have been dosing, and for how long? Also have you done this before?

Sure, anywhere from a gram to a couple grams a day, for about two and a half weeks now. And yes, around Christmas I did it for about four weeks daily, even up to 5g some days. And let me tell you, coming off that fucking sucked. It didn't help that I was already going through a lot of shit. It's only been a couple weeks and I'm doing better in general so maybe it won't be quite as bad

Glad you know the pitfalls, but like everything, the comfort of the time you’re on it, does not play any bearing in the consequences, if your own personal chemistry turns on you. It also can have a long term plasticity for down regulation!!

Only you know what you can and can’t handle, but please treat it with respect, and don’t jump off each time. I am only saying this from years of experience and lessons i e learned!!

Absolutely, at this point I'm adding phenibut to my category of "not fair but I can't touch anymore" alongside benzos, opioids, and cocaine

You have to always rationally try and do what you feel is best for you. Just please be careful it is no joke!!

Well. 8mg. But here's a lovely story.

I'm to take the bupe supervised at a not-so nearby pharmacy. My 4 nearest ones couldn't do it. Problem is this one is closed on Sunday (you can soo tell where this is going) so she gave me Sundays dose to take home with me. I was told day 3 would be the best one for me. That I should feel OK due to the titration. I didn't. So I took the Sunday one. I still didn't feel that. Genuinely no difference whatsoever from 8 to 16mg. Somethings wrong there, right? Plus my bowels are loose, I keep sweating, my skins tingling. I don't get it. It feels exactly like an opiate withdrawal yet I'm taking 8mg of bupe (16 today). Could my body not be absorbing it? Am I doing something wrong?

I had a bupe PATCH years ago. A very strange locum doctor put me on it for pain management. I didn't feel out that day but the next I was euphoric. The 3rd day was back to normal.

Anywho. So pissed off I am at this not working I've just made a codeine CWE (2 packs so ~512mg - crystal clear, very pro). I haven't taken it yet but I'm wondering what to do with it. Do I take a bit, it all? I'm curious because if it does work that means tomorrow I can make another as my drugs place is shut over the weekend so I haven't been able to talk to them about any of this.

(btw if it all goes tits up my wife has a naloxone kit ready to go and she's first response qualified.)

I've been taking an increasing dose of gabapentin too. I'm trying to find the spot that 100% covers my phenibut WDS. Currently I'm at 600mg*2/day and that's more or less covering it. So this current bad-body experience is certainly down to the opiates, not the gaba stuff. Bloody bodies eh.

What form are you getting your bupe in? The sublingual tabs?

Bupe can be a tricky fucker because it's only a partial agonist. However if you want to take a codeine CWE you need to wait 24 hours after your last bupe dose or it won't work.

I also think redosing bupe in the same day is useless too, you need to dose all at once in the morning, so for your 16mg dose you should have taken two 8mg at once, or maybe one and a half for 12mg.

Btw it's also possible taking codeine (or any other opiate) can cause precipitated withdrawals when you take your next bupe dose unless you wait another 24 hours.

Definitely tell the clinic on Monday that you are still feeling withdrawals despite being on the 8mg bupe, see what they tell you. They might put your dose up, move you to methadone, or just give you a DHC taper. Not sure. But the bupe is useless if it's not even stopping your withdrawal. My guess is they will up your dose. And again remember taking a higher dose at once is better than redosing with bupe.

If you can afford it, a private clinic will be a lot more flexible and often they will be able to script you drugs like Oramorph for tapering or maintenance. Or just give you time release DHC 120mg or something for a taper which personally I think is the most sensible option. But understandable if you cannot afford private though.

Ah yeah sorry about that. My minds really fucked at the moment. Whenever I go into a GP or drugs group meeting I find it best to write up my thoughts and things before hand so I don't forget or get tripped up during. heh.

Yeah so this post was initially about my phenibut withdrawal. The doc prescribed me gabapentin a few days back and its working. I haven't had phenibut now for 6 days. But there's also the opiate/bupe situation. I'm trying my best to keep it on the phenibut/gaba part of this but theres a lot of cross-fuckuperry going on :)

Gabapentin produces withdrawals too if you do it daily for too long. I'd be really careful. Pregabalin has worse withdrawals but gabapentin is similar.

Baclofen May be wiser if it’s gonna be a longer term taper. As said the gabapentoids can be worse but not always!!

Fuck. Sorry to hear that, I've been making the mistake of taking it daily for the past few weeks now. I run out tonight and it won't be anything near that bad but I'm not looking forward to the rebound anxiety and minor withdrawal. Hang in there!

haha well i ran out three days ago and now i feel like shit

3d558ef0bb6b68f1d0065fbf7723d800.jpg

It basically makes your baseline state one where you feel content, confident, and euphoric, but without being very intoxicating unless you take too much, but I don't like the intoxication from it, it's too sloppy and weird in the body. If you dose right it kind of feels like you're having the best day, like you just got some great news that nothing can get you down. Makes me want to talk to everyone, and it's really good for sex. It makes me feel and play music better. It's hard to learn how to dose it right, especially because it takes 4-5 hours to reach full effect so a lot of the time people end up doing too much and thinking it sucks, or not doing enough and thinking it doesn't do anything.

Hey what i have found out is that mulungu really helps with phenibut withdrawals. you have to grind into a powder that put in some juice and drink it, but make sure you dont have any big pieces in it, you dont want to rupture your intestines. you'll need about 2-5 g depending on the strength but better start low. another thing thats very helpful is magnesium glycinate. mematine and diazepam could also be very helpful for tapering down but you'll have to get a electrocardiogram because of qt prolongation.

Mulungu is pretty good, actually. I tried it out recently and have since run out. It's kinda like kava but a lot more effective IMO. Also a heavier body feeling.