• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Bloody phenibut

pregabaline or gabapentine, clonidine and maybe l-dopa or pramipexole would be probably the best drugs to help with the final reduction. so make sure you dont have a high gabapentine tolerance. benzos could make sense too depending on how high your addiction potential to them is. and yes kratom obviously helps too but its just switching to another opioid. and needless to say that afore mentioned drugs can give you withdrawals as well when you take them too long. btw phenibut and gapatentine/pregabaline act very similar (at alpha2delta receptors) except that phenibut is weaker has more side effects and also some gaba b agonism so thats why you probably didnt feel an euphoric buzz.

Last edited:
Many people find phenibut much more euphoric than gabapentin, I certainly do. It does have more side effects though. Also they act as ligands of voltage-dependent calcium channels, that is, as far as I know, gabapentin/pregabalin's only mechanism of action. Phenibut does also bind to GABA-B (quite strongly at full doses, although not with high potency).

I certainly find phenibut much more euphoric than pregabalin. Although what side effects is it you get from phenibut? Honestly curious because if anything the pharma pregabalin is what give me the side effects. From phenibut I get no side effects at all unless I combine it with booze or benzos.

Yes they all inhibit the α2δ receptor of some certain VDCCs as a ligand. whats interesting with phenibut that a lot of the side effects seem to have to with its low pH value when in solution. at doses above 2 grams i would get joint pains and nausea. there is a certain trick to counteract it though and thats the only way i got my tolerance to freaking 15 grams a day.

What's the trick to counteract the joint paints? I don't really get them because I dose it right now and only do it once a week or less, but I suspect the acidity is still not good for me.

Yeah I get joint aches and weird body pains when I dose too high on phenibut, also it can make my pee burn and make my liver feel bad (only when dosed too often/too high). The FAA (free amino acid) is apparently more potent (would make sense as the HCl isn't part of the weight) and not acidic at all, many users report lowered side effects. I get better effects from the HCl for some reason though. For me phenibut is among the best euphoria from any drug, makes me feel straight up hypomanic when I dose it right, I just keep talking and everything feels perfect.

But yeah, phenibut HCl has a very low PH, it is very acidic.

Phenibut does inhibit VDCCs, but it also is a full GABA-B agonist so it has effects similar to GHB as well (though GHB has other stuff going on - but I find phenibut's euphoria when dosed right to be like a way more chilled-out and sober-minded GHB, ie, total social fearlessness, and almost a rolly feeling).

Phenibut can cause dependence (albeit much lighter than daily dosing) from every other day dosing. It would be better to take it 2 days in a row and do that every week, than it would be to take it every other day. Every 3 days seems rather sustainable, although I find myself getting rebounds after a while. Really, once a week or less on average is the sustainable and safe way to dose it. In my experience, the effects are the best when you dose exactly how much you need, and don't go for a huge dose. Too little doesn't do much for me, and too much is less good than the right amount.

Also keep in mind the FAA is more potent than the HCL. So, try dosing half the amount you would have and go from there. I think phenibut is an excellent drug that is very versatile, as you said. I find it really good for crashes from drug (but not comedowns because it takes like 4 hours to start really working). I also find it excellent to combine with stimulants or psychedelics. it's also great for days you need a social confidence boost or are just feeling down. I consider it a valuable tool, and I've been physically addicted to it multiple times (I'm not now, and I use it approximately weekly).

Phenibut just affects everyone very differently. A friend of mine can't handle more than 500mg of the same batch of HCL that I take 2.5 grams of. Another friend has never had an effect from it and has taken up to 5 grams.

it's also great for days you need a social confidence boost

It seriously is the ultimate social drug, I have recommended it for this purpose to a lot of my friends.

I also owe my relationship to phenibut in all likelihood. First time I met my now-girlfriend I was on phenibut and had some of that mad hypomanic confidence and she loved me ever since.

Miss the days I could just get it off eBay and the quality off that eBay seller I used was fucking mindblowing too.

Better than benzos for social confidence any day. I'd even say better than stims because there's no comedown or other side effects that come from stim usage. Plus it lasts all bloody day standard.

Etizolam is the only other drug I've had that contains even a tiny bit of the social confidence phenibut provides, but etizolam is more like booze than phenibut really. Phenibut is something real special to me.

Hello everyone again. Every site I'm on has different protocols and such so I dunno if I'm breaking any by keeping this thread alive but figured there might be folk in it curious about where I'm up to.

Well. Meds wise nothing has changed. I'm still taking bupe daily, it's obviously having no "recreational" effects on my mind, I mean that's not what I want but figured its worth pointing it out. So effectively I'm sober? From that at least. I've been on a stable dose for that for 6 months or so? I keep waiting for my brain to stabilise and feel normal/as it used to for at least 1 day before lowering. It's not happening. My brain is really fucked but more on that later.

I take gabapentin 3xdaily. I don't know why but I get extra? There are times where I think "hey take more for a one-off and feel happy"... except it doesn't help any. If anything I feel better when I don't take it. So those really are just one-offs.

I think I'm just hoping for everything to stabilise and it isn't. I've been to my GP, I've just finished a bout of therapy... but nothing is shifting. Suicidal thoughts are constant and they're even getting pretty bad as they're feeling like it's an "absolutely will happen" kinda thing.

I'm sad about the state of politics and the world in general. It got so bad that I took a social media break and just never went back (this was over the summer). My family is split down the middle with one side being NHS workers, teachers, software engineers - and the other being staunch "I'm not racist but" types. (I mean one relative is heavily into the anti-plastic thing, loves the environment and is considering going vegan to help out, gives out Oxfam donations as gifts, yet supports stuff like Brexit and the Tories. Whose policies have directly pushed me towards suicide *AND THEY KNOW THAT*. Yet reads the Daily Mail and has no genuine critical thought about any of the political situation.)

I'm feeling so distant from big parts of my family and its killing me. People that raised me to hate racism that escaped Nazi fucking Germany now siding with modern day neo nazis. It's poisoning my soul.

Anyways. So med stuff. None of them are helping me any more. Over this year I've been prescribed multiple antidepressants that hadn't worked.

I've been drinking too. I worked it out have 10 units every other day. It used to help switch my brain off and now it's doing nothing good.

Everything is really fucked and I'm petrified of my future. This isn't a blip either. I'm here because I'm on my laptop and have nothing else to do. This has been my brain for the last 3 months at the very least. I was holding out that xmas, a holiday I love, would have helped me. It didn't. Same for New Years. Had my first one with a bunch of friends instead of close family hoping I'd enjoy myself but the bad thoughts came back on the drive home in the early hours.

I don't like any of this.