• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Blood sacrifice. Are they divine or satanic?

Near death experiences disagree with this assertion, most encounter peace and love. I also find it hilarious how high and mighty people like yourself act when often those church going types tend to be the biggest sinners of all..

Christianity for most people is an opt out, a way to live life with zero regrets because so long as your a believer that goes to church every Sunday and confesses your sins to Jesus you’ll be alright. I’ve met very few Christians who puts their money where there mouth is, and LDS is ten times worse.

The idea of karma seems to produce a much better person overall, instead of the “confess and be saved” strategy. Knowing you have consequences to all negative and positive interactions is a much more beneficial approach. There’s no wiggle room for those that think a simple prayer will take away the fact they raped 15 people or murdered an innocent child...

It’s interesting how much Christianity talk has been popping up in this forum lately.

The funniest thing too, I truly believe in Jesus Christ and have had multiple spiritual experiences seeing and talking to him. When I pray, he’s the one that listens the most. But organized Christianity/churches have completely destroyed what was once such a good thing. I also feel itsnot the only way to salvation either, but it’s my route for whatever reason.

-GC

Btw, not all NDE are peaceful. Many of them reveal hell to people.
I'm not high and mighty at all, I'm down-to-earth actually. You don't know me at all so your opinion doesn't matter.

Don't you mean Pocahontas? Avatar is just the live action version. Disney literally owns Avatar also so it's not a coincidence. That's how lazy they are. Avatar was just the beginning of the live-actioning of every 90s Disney film. It was a pretty crappy movie TBH.

"Cabbages, cabbages! Barely even human!"

Don't you mean Pocahontas? Avatar is just the live action version. Disney literally owns Avatar also so it's not a coincidence. That's how lazy they are. Avatar was just the beginning of the live-actioning of every 90s Disney film. It was a pretty crappy movie TBH.

"Cabbages, cabbages! Barely even human!"

He likes Avatar and my avatar, so you have to take time out to tear it down. How nice of you.

Cool, perhaps, unique? Not in the slightest. I don't care what avatar you have but I call a spade a spade. You've become very confrontational C2C. Apparently your world, like so many Americans, is Black and White. Mine is Gray. You find conflict where there is only discussion. You perceive debate as hostility. I fail to understand where your logic comes from more and more frequently.

Cool, perhaps, unique? Not in the slightest. I don't care what avatar you have but I call a spade a spade. You've become very confrontational C2C. Apparently your world, like so many Americans, is Black and White. Mine is Gray. You find conflict where there is only discussion. You perceive debate as hostility. I fail to understand where your logic comes from more and more frequently.

My world, like so many Americans is black and white?

Ok so now it's an American thing. I stopped paying attention to you after that. You've shown yourself to be really ignorant.

I apologize for being vocal as such. I know you dislike debate so I do not wish to cause you discomfort and engage in it with you. Please understand I hold no hostility towards you or anyone who likes the film Avatar.

And it is an American thing. I'm an American who studies history as a hobby and study as my education, with a special interest in our country. 99% of people in the US view everything as THIS or THAT. It's a fact and it's our national shame.

I apologize for being vocal as such. I know you dislike debate so I do not wish to cause you discomfort and engage in it with you. Please understand I hold no hostility towards you or anyone who likes the film Avatar.

I'm sorry too. It's just silly. I like you.

And it is an American thing. I'm an American who studies history as a hobby and study as my education, with a special interest in our country. 99% of people in the US view everything as THIS or THAT. It's a fact and it's our national shame.

Oh you're American? Ok. I thought you were one of those Brits being a smart ass.

Haha wankstains. A lot of them are cool here.
Yes, I hope any English folk take what I said in jest.

I simply feel sadness for humanity. No country is above another, all of humanity has committed atrocities. I sometimes wish for the end of humanity. I sometimes think that God or Gaia is taking care of it for us anyhow, look at climate change.

Yes, I hope any English folk take what I said in jest.

I simply feel sadness for humanity. No country is above another, all of humanity has committed atrocities. I sometimes wish for the end of humanity. I sometimes think that God or Gaia is taking care of it for us anyhow, look at climate change.

It's coming to an end anyway. Soon enough. Everything is getting darker and darker just like the Bible says will happen before the end.

It's coming to an end anyway. Soon enough. Everything is getting darker and darker just like the Bible says will happen before the end.
I don't believe it was foretold (except maybe by Al Gore lol) but potato-potato. One man's apocalypse is another man's humanity is just a failure. Like the dinosaurs before us, we're a failed experiment of nature.

I don't believe it was foretold (except maybe by Al Gore lol) but potato-potato. One man's apocalypse is another man's humanity is just a failure. Like the dinosaurs before us, we're a failed experiment of nature.
This is why I think people should stop reproducing.

This is why I think people should stop reproducing.
I agree, my wife and I have no plans to force misery upon a new human nor to force more burden upon the Earth. You probably find it wrong based upon my assumption of your belief system but we would get an abortion should we ever have an accident.

I agree, my wife and I have no plans to force misery upon a new human nor to force more burden upon the Earth. You probably find it wrong based upon my assumption of your belief system but we would get an abortion should we ever have an accident.

I don't find it wrong at all. I've done that. I'm not in any position to take care of a child and I would never want anyone to suffer as I have.

I don't find it wrong at all. I've done that. I'm not in any position to take care of a child and I would never want anyone to suffer as I have.
Then I apologize for making an ass out of myself and assuming :(

I just assume anyone who holds Christian style beliefs also believes abortion to be murder. I don't believe human life exists outside of the presence of consciousness; a fetus is not aware of its existence and is therefore not a life form. And then it doesn't help that many who hold the view that abortion is murder see no harm in actual murder of conscious beings, even their neighbors and fellow countrymen. But I digress, this thread isn't about abortion.

Please forgive my derailment OP.

Then I apologize for making an ass out of myself and assuming :(

I just assume anyone who holds Christian style beliefs also believes abortion to be murder. I don't believe human life exists outside of the presence of consciousness; a fetus is not aware of its existence and is therefore not a life form. And then it doesn't help that many who hold the view that abortion is murder see no harm in actual murder of conscious beings, even their neighbors and fellow countrymen. But I digress, this thread isn't about abortion.

Please forgive my derailment OP.

I'm right with the Lord so I'm not worried about what anyone thinks as far as that goes. I think it's really disgusting for religious zealots to act like abortion will send you to hell. I feel so bad for women who are guilty and condemned about it.
Repent and ask for forgiveness. Keep going. Anyone who judges me for that can fuck off. God approves of me. That's all that matters.

I spent an hour reading a few chapters of Genesis this morning and a lot of it seemed pretty out there TBH, but the Church made sure to add little footnotes clarifying that it was aware of how absurd some of the original Yawehist texts really were that they had to pull from.

Murder is in the eyes of the beholder.