• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

BL Domestic Goddess & Amoeba Thread

I never understood why my mom would iron, socks... or tea towels?? Why?

Tea towels especially..:? Wtf

but again. whay would you iron your underwear?
an ex used to iron her panties. why? there is no need. they are tiny to begin with (hopefully) and usually curve around into crevasses.... and by the time anyone sees them noone will be looking for creses...

I dont irony my under crackers, another pointless task imo..

I dont iron anything though so my views are a bit skewed. Id iron a shirt (badly) or trousers, that is it. Thats after an initial assessment as to whether i can get away with not..

I think I use the iron about once a year.. last year it was to iron a dress I was wearing to a mate's wedding, and this year it was to iron my neon pink Cyberdog trousers that were a bit creased. (But not for wearing to a wedding, alas.)

I'm dreading the day inflorescence sees my flat. It's clean and tidy enough but am sure she'd be wanting to get the Sheen out. =D

I make no value judgements about how others choose to live really it's just a personal thing..a control thing really. If my house is clean and tidy it gives me the false idea that I am in control and everything is ok.
Swampy I would gladly sheen for you if you requested and wanted that but would probably be fairly oblivious and would just be sat in your flat drinking hot beveridges and putting the world to rites and having a laugh..not donning a white cotton glove and stroking your surfaces for dust particles :D

Mrs A actually likes a bit of ironing so does my shirts for work most of the time, but I can do them myself and do if she hasnt had the time.

My mum was/is an obsessive cleaner and ironed everything, the house still looks like one of those show homes, I swear she likes my kids making a mess so she can clean it up aftrewards

Mrs A actually likes a bit of ironing so does my shirts for work most of the time, but I can do them myself and do if she hasnt had the time.

My mum was/is an obsessive cleaner and ironed everything, the house still looks like one of those show homes, I swear she likes my kids making a mess so she can clean it up aftrewards
sounds like my mom to a tee :)

Only problem for her is that son has moved back in and added to the mess...!

Bahahaha=D Im looking in the cupboards now, they're so organised it just doesnt seem humanly possible to even attempt.. fuckin el mom... how'd ya do it??

Yep, sometimes if I remember.. but I didn't see you mention that up there? ^

Can't beat a good home-made gravy. <3

When I was living in a rather primitive trailer with no running water on a camp site in the south of France, I used to save the water from the pan in which I had cooked my pasta, and use that to pre-wash the pan in which I had cooked the sauce.

I used GBL recently to clean my gas hob. I was amazed how well it took off the previously uncleanable burnt shit from the tops of the burners. Also did a great job on the glass cooker hood. I figured since the stuff came in a spray bottle I might as well use it.

My father used to diligently starch his collars, and every shirt was miltary-style box creased. Right up until his sixties.

He may have had cider on his breath, but he wasn't going to be mistaken for a slob. :D

My mother still irons my pants when I go home. I rarely iron anything. I feel like I should but I don't think I have the attention span.

edit: mother rang the other day infuriated because my little sis is home from uni and brought what my mum at first glance thought was a bag of clean, neatly folded clothes but which she discovered was actually a bag of horse-shit covered, neatly folded, horrifically disgusting clothes.

An ironed shirt is a betrayal of your fellow human beings. If we all just agreed that clothes are wrinkly, nobody would have to bother ironing. Billions of hours could be saved every year to be spent with family. And all that electricity wasted. But y'know, screw the Maldives. I need my shirt to not have lines on it!

Do you know you can use white vinegar, yeh the cheap as chips stuff lol, instead of fabric conditioner in your washing machine? Fabric conditioner leaves a coating on your clothes to soften the fibres and obviously gives you a nice smell. But a few drops of essential oil in with the vinegar does this too. Vinegar strips all the residue washing powder out of your clothes that can make them stiff (fnar fnar) when dry, hence it softens the fabrics in a more natural way as it washes away rather than coating the fabric.

Cheap tip - mixing bicarb of soda 50/50 into your washing powder makes it cheaper and washes the dirt, oils etc out really well. It's also kinder to skin that has a tendency towards rashes or has eczema. My son had the latter and this worked really well, same as did the vinegar. The clean clothes are left more residue free and less irritating.

You can mend ornamental daggers (made out of cast alloy, so not really weldable) by drilling a 2.5 mm. hole in the end of each piece, cutting a thread in each hole with an M3 tap (you can go straight in with the second cut in this stuff) and then joining the two pieces with a cut-off piece of an M3 bolt.

Julie I <3 you.

And i genuinely know weird steam punk folk that make fake guns and weird artifacts that I can now impress with this info down the pub. I also know plenty of old school mechanics that are no stranger to the old solder iron trick and a biscuit tin ....I want a solder iron.

I shall shortly be wielding my domestic 'make do and mend' prowess over a fucked leather sofa that is so old that it is not inconceivable my parents conceived me on it. I shall be cutting to size sheets of memory foam to the innards to re-bulk it and have some spare hyde, some copydex and a plan for the patches..

I may wait till I am back on the stims before actually going through with my ill thought out plan.

:sus:

Last edited:
^Flo - put up pics of the before and after of the sofa refurb.

I also agree, Julie is lovely <3 I'm rather enamoured by her but she probably has enough bl stalkers without adding me to the list... Sorry Julie :eek:

You can mend ornamental daggers (made out of cast alloy, so not really weldable) by drilling a 2.5 mm. hole in the end of each piece, cutting a thread in each hole with an M3 tap (you can go straight in with the second cut in this stuff) and then joining the two pieces with a cut-off piece of an M3 bolt.

I recovered the man's computer chair with new fabric. It was a nasty brown tweedy yucky thing, 1970's solid design - before I blessed it in psychedelia. He never complained. That man is an angel of patience <3
NSFW:
alanschair3_zpscfeb6ba4.jpg

ps: that's my sewing room in the background, not his man-cave.

Bloody hell that's an awesome chair! It looks like the kind of thing my mum would buy in John Lewis for £500.

Bloody hell that's an awesome chair! It looks like the kind of thing my mum would buy in John Lewis for £500.

Thanks very much. I'm not very professional at refurbishing furniture, that was my first, but I like to give things a go. I'm working on an old wingback chair at the moment. The fabric cost about £20, took me a few evenings and a lot of growling to complete. I like it.