• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

BL Domestic Goddess & Amoeba Thread

I'mma move out ASAP. Thing is, I'd feel bad leaving him to his bachelor man-squalor! : p

Ahh he'll soon sort himself out if he's making bacon and eggs on multiple plates! I'm fairly sure my Dad would be a domestic goddess after two weeks on his own. Washing up is a bugger tho cos if you wash as you go it's all good but the second you have a wasted, lazy, munchies-influenced night in plus the day after to recover it's not as easy.

Edit: We're still debating buying paper plates just for drunk food and stuff, recyclable and easier when people come over. We already have plastic cups for beer pong so why not. I draw the line at cutlery though, for completely arbitrary reasons. Tortilla wraps draped over a bowl are also excellent if you don't want to do the washing up but that's stepping away from domestic goddess territory and into the realms of the student.

It's never easy to wash dishes... ;)

Probably my least favourite chore... having said that, it's what I'm about to do shortly. 8(

It's ironing for me. Loathe it. I even buy tops with the principal focus not on style but un-ironability to wear with suits. Suits are great if you have quite a few because they go to the dry cleaner. It's an easy business :\uniform

God I'd love to get out of that crap system 8( Fingers crossed, it may happen yet..

Apart from that I love most domestic goddess work. It's a pure pleasure for me and something I'm comfortable, being creative with and find easy going. I've always wanted to be a "house person" for a bit...

I'm not quite so old (yet, just) for a last pregnancy yet, but undoubtedly it would give the man a heart attack. Maybe some chickens, kittens and a puppy would soothe me felix lol :p

My kitchen is only 2m. by 3m., really too small to fit a dishwasher. Long term plan is to replace the bath with just a stand-up shower stall, partition off a space and move the washing machine there. Then I will have room for a dishwasher! This won't be for a few years yet, though, as the bathroom is still a bit too new.

I never thought of using what Lauren's daughter Zoë used to call "Rizla bread" when she was little as a sort of edible plate-protector, but I have a feeling I will end up trying it out when I next have a "down" episode ..... Not that I'm in any hurry for it to come around.

My kitchen is only 2m. by 3m., really too small to fit a dishwasher. Long term plan is to replace the bath with just a stand-up shower stall, partition off a space and move the washing machine there. Then I will have room for a dishwasher! This won't be for a few years yet, though, as the bathroom is still a bit too new.

I never thought of using what Lauren's daughter Zoë used to call "Rizla bread" when she was little as a sort of edible plate-protector, but I have a feeling I will end up trying it out when I next have a "down" episode ..... Not that I'm in any hurry for it to come around.

Dishwashers are over rated Julie. You need a lot of extra crockery and cutlery to feed it. Fine if you have a family of 5. Environmentally they use a lot more electricity, time and chemicals (not of the sort we like btw ;)) Though I will admit handwashing without gloves fucks my nails.. Who cooks will not be whom washes ;)

I'm loving the idea of the Rizla bread system and want more details! I'd appreciate one of your glorious technical explanations please?

"Down" episodes apart from starvation need a good supply of napkins and fabulously paper plate. The design on them can some what cheer one on a low. All recyclable of course.

I need to redo my whole bathroom too. It's ancient and needs modernised plumbing. So far we have a bath with shower overhead, I'm reluctant to get rid of that combo as baths are quite in (and a bit of a post professional chill necessity in my postcode area).

It's always lovely for me to see you post Julie <3 miss you about, need your wisdom, come here more pretty please, some of us need you! x

I've never understood what the fuck is so difficult about washing up, or how people can leave their's waiting around for days expecting someone else to do it. I do all of mine literally straight after using something, it takes 5 minutes if that and is so little effort I just... Ahh. Pet peeve.

The worst domestic job is easily changing the bed anyway, the bigger the bed the worse it is. Did mine yesterday and (appropriately) needed a good lie down after. I could do my old single well enough but a double is a challenge for a little one like me. :(

Dishwashers are over rated Julie. You need a lot of extra crockery and cutlery to feed it. Fine if you have a family of 5. Environmentally they use a lot more electricity, time and chemicals (not of the sort we like btw ;)) Though I will admit handwashing without gloves fucks my nails.. Who cooks will not be whom washes ;)
I have plenty of Denby pottery :) Saving up your dirty dishes until you have enough to run a full load in a dishwasher uses less energy and less water than washing the same amount of dishes in the sink by hand as you went along. Also, my hot water is heated by a gas combi boiler; but the dishwasher would be using only electricity. And I could be getting most or all of that from the Sun, if I timed it right.
I'm loving the idea of the Rizla bread system and want more details! I'd appreciate one of your glorious technical explanations please?
"Rizla bread" was just little Zoë's kid-word for a tortilla wrap, as in
Tortilla wraps draped over a bowl are also excellent if you don't want to do the washing up but that's stepping away from domestic goddess territory and into the realms of the student.
You can then eat the bread; and the plate remains, not exactly clean but not as dirty as if you had put the food straight on it.

As far the name is concerned, well, who knows what kids are really thinking? But I suppose she figured you rolled up a tortilla wrap around the filling in a fajita like rolling a Rizla paper around the tobacco in a cigarette. And Lauren used to pronounce the L's in "tortilla" so it even sounded a little bit like "Rizla".
It's always lovely for me to see you post Julie <3 miss you about, need your wisdom, come here more pretty please, some of us need you! x
Aww <3 <3

I have plenty of Denby pottery :) Saving up your dirty dishes until you have enough to run a full load in a dishwasher uses less energy and less water than washing the same amount of dishes in the sink by hand as you went along. Also, my hot water is heated by a gas combi boiler; but the dishwasher would be using only electricity. And I could be getting most or all of that from the Sun, if I timed it right

I have loads of Denby pottery too - the blue set. Full dinner and tea service and serving / cooking dishes. I still find it more economical and a better turn around to hand wash. I don;t do the washing up, I cook and he does the dishes, that's the arrangement. I'm funny about my pots, casserole dishes and knives so don't want them to be out of circulation in the dishwasher. I like my kitchen stuff clean and available daily, as I cook. :D

Nice one if you have solar panels helping the cause.

."Rizla bread" was just little Zoë's kid-word for a tortilla wrap, as inYou can then eat the bread; and the plate remains, not exactly clean but not as dirty as if you had put the food straight on it.

As far the name is concerned, well, who knows what kids are really thinking? But I suppose she figured you rolled up a tortilla wrap around the filling in a fajita like rolling a Rizla paper around the tobacco in a cigarette. And Lauren used to pronounce the L's in "tortilla" so it even sounded a little bit like "Rizla".Aww <3 <3

Ah why didn't I think of that 8) Appreciate the sweet explanation <3

Denby pottery is amazing stuff. Tough as old boots, and yet absolutely presentable on the table at any dinner party, so no need to have separate sets of "everyday" and "best" china.

I remember an article in my local paper, just after Hurricane Katrina hit the USA. A couple who had moved out from here to New Orleans went back to visit the remains of their house; and there, amidst all the wreckage, most of their Denby pottery that they had taken halfway around the world had survived intact.

Changed the bed (because I spilt tea in it) and went to the block launderette today. Now I have a pile of laundry to sort. I'm going to have a glass or two of wine as a reward for sorting all this.

Denby pottery is amazing stuff. Tough as old boots, and yet absolutely presentable on the table at any dinner party, so no need to have separate sets of "everyday" and "best" china.

I remember an article in my local paper, just after Hurricane Katrina hit the USA. A couple who had moved out from here to New Orleans went back to visit the remains of their house; and there, amidst all the wreckage, most of their Denby pottery that they had taken halfway around the world had survived intact.

I'm a big fan of Treme, have you seen it? Hence I appreciated your story, thank you :)

Agree, Denby is tough as ought, I'm a clumsy gal and often bounce things about.. I have the Imperial Blue. It definitely works with all possible social occasions in my calender ;) Great for cooking in and onto the table too.

TT2012_Everyday_DenbyImperial_alt10

Must have a chatter with you about a log burning stove I recently made friends with. Totally fascinated and desire :D

bump.

got a question ....

moved some stuff around the rooms of my house today and... had to throw out an old bed. trouble is there is some unsightly piping now clearly visible (2 pipes, ~1.5cm diameter, white, parallel to the floor at about 5-10mc above the ground. the kind that are for central heating and connected to radiators.

how do i hide them?

hm.... sounds like a plan... a bit complicated though... also concerned that it might look a bit ...boxy... like something cumbersome... good idea though!

that might be a thing felix, but honestly those sleeves look as difficult to fit as the box-masks....
my girl just had the idea to hide them behind a row of plants (which we have plenty of. i swear sometimes i think we live in a botanical garden)

As far as I understand it, you just cut them to length and they "clip on" to the pipe. You don't need to cut the actual pipe.

I'd just listen to the g/f and do what she tells you, if you're only after an easy life. ;)

i see, but im still confused as to what to do about corners (do the sleeves bend? )

and yeah ive learnt a couple of years back theres no going against her. like the chinese water drop torture, she always gets her way in the end, even (or especially) if it kills me.

:\

plants (which we have plenty of. i swear sometimes i think we live in a botanical garden)
How come "Botanical gardens" never got shortened to "Bot", as "Zoological gardens" got shortened to "Zoo" ? And why did no manufacturer call their VCR a "telecorder" ?