Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Big Day Out 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a single friend, neighbor, colleague, employee, cousin, associate, acquaintance in the world who would bow to this fucked out ban.

Read the BDO press release they havn't banned anything

Last edited:
Well thats fair enough you feel that way. At the end of the day this is an international music festival celebrating music diversity. I'll be going to celebrate the diversity of musical talent with 10's of thousands of other music lovers and for no other reason.

I have read the press release and was bemused by the sarcastic tone of the piece and the obvious disappointment with which the organisers pander to the will of Australians.

Stalinist bastards, may your flag enforcers be bashed unconscious and your overpriced drink revenue be taxed heavily.

Flags suck - they should all be banned everywhere (except the Jolly Roger - aaarrggghh)

They changed the date of the Sydney BDO because of tension caused by over patriotism that just really got out of hand.
Perhaps they should look at doing a similar thing across the country? :\
I know the people attending and the media will be the first to blame the promoters for not doing enough if it does get out of hand.

IMHO it's a pretty sad day when a supposedly 'first world' country like ours experiences hatred and disruption simply because of the national flag and showing some pride in our nation.

Fuck me sideways..... cant believe this, are we too politicallay correct? Think this would happen in the good ol us of a??:|

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
They changed the date of the Sydney BDO because of tension caused by over patriotism that just really got out of hand.
Perhaps they should look at doing a similar thing across the country? :\
I know the people attending and the media will be the first to blame the promoters for not doing enough if it does get out of hand.

IMHO it's a pretty sad day when a supposedly 'first world' country like ours experiences hatred and disruption simply because of the national flag and showing some pride in our nation.

I was wondering why they put the BDO on a Thursday before Australia
Day guess this was why. I can't understand why anyone would bring a flag to the BDO anyway they would just be dangerous and in the way.

Yeah. But telling us we *cant* ?

Good god, what is next, Red Army raiding our homes, mass barbecue confiscation?

fuck me dead, you have a serious hatred of commies, don't you, valetudo?

Re: Australia Day, does anyone do anything but get really fuckin drunk anyway?

MoeBro said:
fuck me dead, you have a serious hatred of commies, don't you, valetudo?

was just about to say the same. i bet valetudo would have loved 50's usa.

not surprised howard made as big an issue out of this as he has. jingoism has been good to him and he wouldn't want to abandon his youth support base now would he?

ORGANISERS should cancel the Australia Day eve Big Day Out concert in Sydney rather than ban the flag at Thursday's event, parliamentary secretary for immigration Andrew Robb said.

anyone else find it amusing the immigration secretary spoke out?

really though, not smart. there is likely going to be thousands of flags there now. howard will claim it's a victory over the evil libertarians (the entertainment industry) who hate their country. this is so o'reilly factor material

getyourselfhigh200 said:
Well thats fair enough you feel that way. At the end of the day this is an international music festival celebrating music diversity. I'll be going to celebrate the diversity of musical talent with 10's of thousands of other music lovers and for no other reason.
ditto. i'll be there celebrating the music with you. as i've done every year for the past couple of years. i'll be there enjoying the sounds and having a good time with like-minded ppl. and i'm sure there shall be 10,000s of us!

today only highlighted the stupidity of the mainstream media, righ wing conservatives who get all pumped up before finding out the whole truth, those gullible to believe the mainstream media, and politcians. that's all. i'm sure the majority of the concert-going crowd will just be having a good time. especially after hearding how good muse, the killers and tool were at goldcoast yesterday!

now if only the sniffer-dogs could just weed out dickheads only - then we'd all be set!!

ValeTudo said:
there never was a ban dude. did you even read the original source of the statement? it was just a suggestion to the punters. or did you just act on heresay just like johnny howard, terrorgraph and crew did. instead of being so polite the organiser should have just said 'NO DICKHEADS DRUNKEN YOBOS HIDING BEHIND COMMON FLAG ALLOWED' - that's would've made things clearer, and not annoyed those who i'm sure have worn parts of the flag just for fun in the past.

Can someone please explain what's the point of bringing an Australian flag to a concert?

I mean I love Australia with all my heart but you won't see me waving the flag like a maniac.

This is mainly connected to the Cronulla "riots" last year. Bloody hell I hate patriotism.

I would have been quite happy if all the dickheads who were wearing flags for capes last year and shouting drunken shit all day were deflagged.

I saw one tool last year with the Southern Cross scarred into his back with what looked like heated beer bottle lids. Now as much as I'm in favour of self mutilation and our hemisphere's coolest constellation, it only took 3 seconds of looking at the guys healing scars to realise that what he had done was clearly a response (and a calling of arms) to the Cronulla riots.

I sincerely hope that guy had to deal with some painful infected tissue.

Last edited:
party with care said:
ditto. i'll be there celebrating the music with you. as i've done every year for the past couple of years. i'll be there enjoying the sounds and having a good time with like-minded ppl. and i'm sure there shall be 10,000s of us!.........

now if only the sniffer-dogs could just weed out dickheads only - then we'd all be set!!

See....that's what the BDO is meant for :D Music, mates and having a good time. Not putting stupid rules and regulations on it.

The whole root of this is that the Big Day Out is traditionally an Australia Day celebration. Moving it a day forward and banning the flag does not change that. Defend their half arsed reversal all you want, their own statements clearly indicate the flag was banned at one stage or another.

Captain Commie said:
Can someone please explain what's the point of bringing an Australian flag to a concert?

I mean I love Australia with all my heart but you won't see me waving the flag like a maniac.

This is mainly connected to the Cronulla "riots" last year. Bloody hell I hate patriotism.

Fucking shoot me the day I regard a post from somebody called "Captain Commie". I mean really.

Status
Not open for further replies.