Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Big Day Out 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
First round announcement last night from BDO website.

Also, Melbourne's will be at Princes Park again.

TOOL
JET
MUSE
VIOLENT FEMMES
SCRIBE
THE KILLERS
ESKIMO JOE
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE
PEACHES
EVERMORE
SPANK ROCK
THE SLEEPY JACKSON
THE HERD
THE SPAZZYS

FRIDAY JANUARY 19th AUCKLAND MT SMART STADIUM
Maurice Rd Penrose. Gates open 11am
Tickets $110 +bf

SUNDAY JANUARY 21st GOLD COAST PARKLANDS
Smith St Southport. Gates open 11am
Tickets $115 (inc GST) +bf*

THURSDAY JANUARY 25th SYDNEY SHOWGROUND
Showground Rd Sydney Olympic Park. Gates open 11am. Event closes midnight.

SUNDAY JANUARY 28th PRINCES PARK SOUTH
Royal Pde North Carlton, Melbourne. Gates Open 11am

FRIDAY FEBRUARY 2nd ROYAL ADELAIDE SHOWGROUND
Rose Tce Wayville, Adelaide. Gates Open 11am

SUNDAY FEBRUARY 4th CLAREMONT SHOWGROUND
Graylands Rd Claremont, Perth. Gates Open 11am

TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY 13th OCTOBER
For full show information and internet ticket bookings check out the website
www.bigdayout.com
*booking fees may vary pending on outlet & mode of purchase

Uhh... close if this isn't appropriate here.

Pretty decent lineup following the more average ones of the last few years.

The last few years I've been so disappointed in the line up I've given the whole thing a miss. But the one year it actually looks really good I won't be here. Nuts.

everyone with half a brain knew that Tool and Muse would be doing this...

nothing else really got me excited....

There is still no big electronic act, or hip hop...

im still gonna get a ticket and be a wanker... but thats normal for me...

it also sucks that its not australia day in sydney :(

Already knew TOOL was gonna headline, would have loved to have seen RHCP but it's not to be :(

I'm hanging out to see scribe more than anything, hopefully some more big names will be added but either way i'm definately there in sydney!

Now just have to fork out the funds. Fuck.

sweeeetttttt looks like i have to suck up to dad to get it on his credit card to pay him back later. Going to the melb one (that will be a 1st for me) as the sydney one clashes with rainbow serphant so looks like i'll just have to stay in melb a little extra longer to stay for both

*starts eating noodles to save for january trip*

oh dear :\

I'll basically be paying just to see Tool, given I missed out on tickets for their concert (no, I am not a fan, I just want to see them play), but seeing Muse 2 days straight will be a welcome bonus too.

I'm hoping Audioslave get added to that lineup. Really hoping.

God damn it. After this year I decided I wasn't going to do another BDO. I think I might have to after seeing that line up tho :\

Bit expensive just to see Eskimo Joe I guess.

Though Tool would be good.

It needs another draw card for me, Audiosalve would juat about do it (since I'm already seeing tool play in melbourne).

Meh really not that impressed. At this stage I reckon I'd just catch the Killers side show and maybe Femmes.

I saw Spank Rock at the Espy and they were great, but still nothing grabbing me at this stage.

Wow, was I wrong about Tool only doing a side show! Odd that Lees & West would put a side show like that on sale a over a month before the BDO lineup is announced, but props to them none the less for a great lineup.

I am a BDO vetran - haven't missed one since 1993, and don't plan on missing this one either. I am so happy that Peaches will be back - I LOVE that bitch!

The Killers were on my wishlist last year so thank you thank you thank you Mr Suthers :)

Can't wait - It will be a blast!

Gaaaaahhh!!!!

WTFDTHTATBLIYWIAOOTC!!!!

(Why The Fuck Did They Have To Announce The Best Lineup In Years When I Am Out Of The Country)

I cant believe Tool ARE actually playing it. I heard the rumours but am more cogniscent of the fact that Maynard is a whiny little bitch that doesnt like to play festivals like the big day out (remember the ruckus with APC a while back? yeh.)

Of course i was expecting muse, and i'd kill to see the violent femmes. Now they just need to add the pixies to the line-up, and i will be officially ROLLLED!

I KNOW HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT IN MY FACE FUCK FUCK SHIT PISS FUCK.

Ok anyway, so i've known that tool is headlining for about 2 months now, or something like that, but i still cant stop being excited.

Tool is my favourite band ever, and Muse and Jet are some of my favourite bands, then theres Killers and Femmes.

I've never been this excited, like, I've started counting etc. I just cant fucking wait. Im gonna be fucking rolling and its gonna be so awesome, im getting tickets next friday and i cant stop thinking about it! Like, you know when you get so excited about something and you cant stop thinking about it, even though theres nothing to think about really? yeah, thats me.

hoptis said:
Pretty decent lineup following the more average ones of the last few years.

you have got to be fucking kidding me

big day out 2000 and 2001 were the only decent ones this decade, the rest were absolute shite

chops- Yeah sux thats it's not on the 26th. Nothing better than having a beer, sitting up in the stands and watching the count down. Although this year JJJ owes us big time. BERNARD FUCKING FANNING.... bullshit

Very impressed with the line up. VERY.

Will have to book some annual leave for 2 days asap so shifts are covered.

P.S. Anyone know the name of the hotel thats right near the homebush station?

Mos def going to this unless I happen to get a full time job in the meantime (HA!).

Status
Not open for further replies.